Debt Rattle August 13 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 13 2021

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    Bill7
    Participant

CJ Hopkins is saying those who don’t buy Da Covid narrative should post our names and photos
    on social media as a form of “resistance”.

interesting.

deflationista
    Participant

Coleman told authorities that he was “enlightened by QAnan and illuminati conspiracy theories and was receiving visions and signs revealing that his wife … possessed serpent DNA and had passed it onto his children,” according to the complaint.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/matthew-taylor-coleman-charged-killing-kids-qanon-conspiracy_n_61151690e4b07b9118a80f84

upstateNYer
    Participant

Bill7: is Hopkins at risk of losing his stable income for doing this very public “resistance” he recommends that will probably mean diddly squat in the greater scheme of things? 😉 Many employers would flat out terminate someone who posted something like that on social media right now.

People have quit their jobs over the jab. I will do the same if I’m in a job that mandates the jab. I haven’t put a mask back on even though NY has signs on most store doors and the CDC has stated our county is “something something” risk (can’t remember). People are in the streets protesting. They have alienated family and friends. To ask them to post on social media and lose their one lifeline to income is … perhaps a bridge too far. There’s *ideal* and there’s *real*. Sometimes the two don’t meet in the middle.

absolute galore
    Participant

Not sure if anyone clicked the link I posted back on page 1, but it is relevant to the Fuller piece, which is an example of what I call the “see, look how fair and impartial I’m being–happy now?” kind of writing. Check out Sagan’s list of “twenty of the most common and perilous ones — many rooted in our chronic discomfort with ambiguity — with examples of each in action:”

upstateNYer
    Participant

Thanks, deflationista! Have never heard of a person with mental health disorders murdering someone. Health authorities will need to keep an eye on that to make sure it’s not the start of a new trend.

upstateNYer
    Participant

absolute, I clicked and saved. Haven’t read yet. Thank you!

Bill7
    Participant

> is Hopkins at risk of losing his stable income for doing this very public “resistance” he recommends that will probably mean diddly squat in the greater scheme of things? 😉 Many employers would flat out terminate someone who posted something like that on social media right now. <

Curiouser and curiouser..

#reserved

Bill7
    Participant

that one commenter, meta: “only insane people and morons don’t do as they’re told by our pluperfect
    Ruling Class, who only want the best™ for their benighted proles..”

i wonder if it’s another one, too; not that it really matters.

ctbarnum
    Participant

First, I must apologize for my flub this morning, as I usually attempt to post images as screenshots via files from my computer and they have not been posting for awhile.

Second, I don’t know what the CDC said today to freak everyone out, but those in health care have gone into psychosis again over COVID. I received a call from my doctor’s office that said if I had been exposed to someone with COVID in the last 10 days (not likely) or was awaiting a negative test (that I can’t afford) that I would need to reschedule (late Friday afternoon for a Monday appointment? Really?). I already have medicine, so I don’t understand the freakout. Then at the pharmacy, I had a difficult time dropping off a script because personnel were freaking out about sanitizing the area after a Hispanic lady approached the counter. A pharmacy cashier took my script and apologized for the inconvenience after I asked, “What did the CDC say today to illicit this reaction?”

My guess is the “expert opinion” that the Delta variant was as contagious as chickenpox, which came from data “collected” from a NYT infographic. Huh?

CDC Took Mistaken Data on Delta Variant Transmissibility From a New York Times Infographic

What’s next? Recommendations sourced from Dilbert cartoons? Though that wouldn’t be any different from the methodology of the last 18 months. Garbage In, Garbage Out, Garbage Bureaucrats.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Dr. D:

The guy who can’t get half the people to take the FIRST shot is saying he’s going to force all the people to take the THIRD shot. Of 50. Okey dokey. Add it to your unending CV of pure unmitigated embarrassment and failure.

Ist der Ruf erst ruiniert, lebt’s sich gänzlich ungeniert.

Dr. FauciStein is a textbook example of NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder), a psychological definition albeit apt here, hence he is a VERY sick manchild incapable of feeling embarrassment and failure ~ In FauciStein’s mind he’s always right, anyone that’s not a koolaid jabbed cultist that watched his interactions with Dr. Rand Paul should need no further evidence, although the compounding factoids concerning FauciStein’s malady are so ubiquitous that it’s spine-chilling…

Got it? Who’s in the cult? Those who get, present, and discuss information, or those who mock, belittle, and refuse information?

Nothing more to add to your aphorism ~ It is one of the defining characteristics of the cult condition, an affliction that prevents drone freedom of thought & absorption of conflicting truths…

I really appreciate TAE, the discussion is Mare Tranquillitatis, for me, during this conglomeration of lunacy.

Too bad, so sad that We the People mocked though of us that started blaring the warning horn 25+ years ago…

deflationista
    Participant

upstateNYer
    Participant

Warning, unpopular post: to those commenters who want to be open, kind and welcoming to deflationista … do you not see what he/she is doing? We are essentially being lumped in with other groups and, through that association, getting flat out called derogatory names. (the latest is QAnon)

Deflationista’s posts are purposely inciting emotional backlash. Purposely creating internal squabbles.

And it’s working.

How is what Deflationista doing any different than mainstream telling us we need to “understand” and “go along with” rioting mobs looting and burning business districts in US cities. Defacing federal buildings. Burning police stations. Attacking people in the streets. But but but … you gotta understand, ya know? … these rioting people have a valid point and need to be heard. You gotta keep an open mind and listen!

If deflationista presented one valid argument, we would listen. We’ve listened to each other’s perspectives on here for the past 18 months, some push back, but no real problems. Because those perspectives weren’t purposely incendiary.

ctbarnum
    Participant

@upstateNYer

Fully agreed and it’s a problem. deflationista’s post almost (I do have to qualify in case I’m in error) are meant to equate what we’ve come to conclude from the information presented over the last 18 months with “right wing rhetoric,” and thus, present us as a “lunatic fringe” that shouldn’t be seen as trustworthy. Which is far from the truth, as most of us including myself square with left-libertarian thought. Which makes deflationista’s comments full of ad-hominem in a deceptive manner. So obviously people are going to react emotionally.

Mr. House
    Participant

I just ignore him/her, not hard, though annoying. Remember .gov wanted to check sms’s for jab misinformation and so forth. You’d think someone taking care of a dying mother would have more important things on their mind then being a troll. To each their own i suppose.

upstateNYer
    Participant

Veracious, I also appreciate TAE commentary.

“Too bad, so sad that We the People …”

Some of us didn’t mock, truly we didn’t, but between earning money and raising kids there was little time left to focus on much else. Sorry we didn’t listen. Nothing personal, old chap.

Bill7
    Participant

It’s just doing its job

Bill7
    Participant

Ignacio Rodes plays a brief Fantasia by vihuelista Luis Milan:

He plays rather like Davey Miller surfs.

upstateNYer
    Participant

ctbarnum: life-long democrat here. 🙂 (would prefer to have been independent but NYS has closed primaries, and I was tired of being shut out when registered independent). After the 2016 debacle I became a #walkaway.

I didn’t even know who Tucker Carlson was until about 6 or 7 months ago, no kidding.

Mr. House
    Participant

In my opinion, the economy that was on life support since 2008 was blowing up again in 2019. .Gov doing what it does, decided to get in front of the narrative and here we are 18 months later. As things get worse, like a paranoid spouse who knows they’re losing control of the relationship, they become more irrational and annoying. Sadly they’ve convinced at least 40 to 50% of the population to become irrational and annoying also, so its kinda hard just to walk away. I do agree with Dr. D, they are trying to provoke a response and our best action for the time being is to turn the other cheek like a really smart gentleman/god stated years and years ago. It does no good pointing out the hypocrisy because it is on purpose. Keep your head down and if your family hasn’t drank the kool aid then get tight with them. If they have and you think you’re alone, you’re not, we’re here for ya.

Mr. House
    Participant

Think how desperate and insecure feeling you must be to spew such blatant falsehoods and ban anyone who disagrees with you? To me that is not coming from a position of strength.

Mr. House
    Participant

Think how scared they are of resistance that they feel the need to provoke it. In their eyes that is the best move because then they can answer on their terms. Let them continue to flail, the lies will catch up with them eventually. Liars always end up drowning themselves in their own BS.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Just so’s ya know

It took less than five minutes of finger walking to finger Eric Feigl-Ding as a CCP operative, whose roots are as bare as the money trail leading from him to his Dad, to the Hang Lung Group (Investment Holding Company) that unsurprisingly just gave Harvard millions of dollars for no good reason. Hang Lung Group’s major holdings are all Mainland China via Hong Kong, and they are tasked with buying up U.S. real estate for the Chinese Communist Party.

Not very original, but hey , it sure has worked so far!

Bill7
    Participant

> they are trying to provoke a response and our best action for the time being is to turn the other cheek <

Agreed.

upstateNYer
    Participant

Well … I’ll go with ignore instead of turning my cheek, but I’m good with that response.

upstateNYer
    Participant

Raul mentioned earlier, “There is no industry that has paid more in fines than Big Pharma, and none that pays more to lobbyists and political campaigns …”

Didn’t someone (germ??) post a link here a few days ago that showed Biden received over $8 million in pharma donations in 2020? I recall being stunned. Am I misremembering that?

Veracious Poet
    Participant

deflationista:

Raul- I disqualify it by calling it fair and thoughtful? What the fuck does that even mean?

Be careful there mate, you’re true colors are poking out from behind your cult banner of woke tolerance & mostly peaceful attacks on your enemies 😉

Only a fool leads with their chin…

Mr. House
    Participant

No you are correct, and Trump was second with 2 million. And holier then thou E Warren was also on the list. They’re all corrupt fakes and you will not find a savior or solution coming from the top down.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@absolute: if you want to watch Tucker Carlson Today you need to subscribe to Fox News Nation*. Yes, there’s an annual subscription price. I signed up for the free 7 day trial and when I went to cancel I, um, got a discount. 😉 (hint)

Tucker is not the same during one-hour interviews as he is in the prime time segment. He is quiet for the most part. Listens. Asks thoughtful follow-on questions. I’ve enjoyed and learned from most (not all, but that’s a personal preference) of the Tucker Carlson Today guests.

You also get access to a bunch of other shows. I haven’t watched any of them because I prefer reading to watching. But there is a lot on there, and it’s not expensive.

*I am not a paid advertiser for Fox News Nation. I’m actually sort of embarrassed to be promoting it. But how times change.

upstateNYer
    Participant

Thanks, House. It was the $8 million level that shocked me. I remember double checking that it was donated during ONE YEAR because I couldn’t believe it. One year. Wft.

Corporations are people and have free speech. How’s that been working out so far?

End that absolutely ridiculously notion. Bring back Glass Steagall. That’s a start.

zerosum
    Participant

What I remember being told (symplified)

1. Its a virus (from China.)
    2. Its easy to catch. (disinfect everything )
    3. Its spreading fast, (its a pandemic.)
    4. All world wide health care organization coordinate a plan of action to isolate the covid 19
    5. Coordinated Actions plan will prevent infection by the virus and it will die out and save civilizations
    6. Horray …. invented “vaccines” which will stimulate your immune system to make ant-bodies to fight covid 19
    7. “Vaccines” will work at +90% to make anti-bodies to fight and kill covid 19
    8. Hoppss … you need two “vaccine” to get to +90%
    9. Hooooppps ….. the virus is modifying …. varians are easier to get and the “vaccines” are only approx. 40% effective
    10. Yeaaaa …. we will need to get a booster shot of the “vaccines” to increase the ability of fighting covid
    11. Don’t look at what India and some 60 countries are doing (with Ivermectin)
    12. Don’t look …. at the new variant coming out of South America ( “vaccines” are not effective)
    13. Don’t look ….. The virus will adapt and live in a mutually beneficial parasitic relationship with us
    14. Don’t look ….. for those who had bad reactions from the “vaccines”
    15. Those people who looked are destroying our society

DarkMatter
    Participant

So I watched the RebelWisdom Video. He starts by saying there are problems on both sides but then focuses exclusively on the problem of the counter narrative. The problems he actually talks about are 1) that spike proteins concentration are higher in other organs than the ovaries, 2) that variants are more likely a function of the number of cases rather than leaky vaccines 2) that Ivermectin is not 100% effective prophylactically. His main point is that proponents are saying that the evidence for Ivermectin is overwhelming but it is not. He talks a lot about biases and echo chambers but only applies these concepts to Weinstein, et. al. and not to the mainstream narrative. For example, he shows the videos of the guy in England who caught Covid, said it was minor and then died. He showed no videos of people vaccinated who were sorry for that and then died.

He has a interesting quote by Eric Weinstein, that the true case to be made for the vaccines is that there are risks, including potentially fatal and unknown future risks, but as a society we all need to take those risks for the good of all, kind of like being drafted into the military (I don’t think Eric is making this case, only saying that this is the more honest case to be made). What would happen if this case was plainly made by the authorities? How much less demonization of the other side would be happening? Is our society really so infantile that we can’t be told the truth?

upstateNYer
    Participant

@darkmatter: thanks for watching the video. It’s disturbing that ” … for the vaccines is that there are risks, including potentially fatal and unknown future risks, but as a society we all need to take those risks for the good of all …”

Forget these particular vaccines, for just a moment. When we, as a people, start prescribing and then mandating risks “that we all need to take … for the good of all …” we’re heading down a very slippery slope. Very. I remember philosophy & ethics courses from college. This is not a good thing.

Bill7
    Participant

so confyoozing! .. by design?

😉

ctbarnum
    Participant

@Bill7

“so confyoozing! .. by design?”

My hypothesis is that assortative mating among the PMC class and “elites” has led to inbreeding and consequent mental dysfunctions that have led to #Antilogos that are compounded by cognitive bias. The madness of King George has returned.

danbashaw
    Participant

I followed the Newsbreak “360,000 Teens with Myocarditis” story links, and can’t find any source at all for that figure.

There is no reason to think it is anything but a career-limiting error by the Newsbreak writer. 4% would be absurdly high, considering that the highest figure for myocarditis we’ve seen so far is 1 in 3000 (High end of the widely-reported Israeli range from a few of months back.) which works out to .03%

I would not reference or circulate the story, unless a source is located, as I suspect it will be rapidly corrected.

madamski cafone
    Participant
    madamski cafone
    Participant

On the other hand:

Democrats in Philadelphia will begin punishing city employees who are not vaccinated against the coronavirus next month by forcing them to wear two masks when they are indoors.

““Getting vaccinated isn’t just a personal decision,” Bettigole told KYW. “It’s a decision that affects all of us.””

Same is true of voting, another virulent copntagion.

Oroboros
    Participant

Head Of WHO Origin Probe Team Admits Communist China Ordered Them What To Write In Report

“As we have previously noted, the Communist Chinese government, along with Dr. Peter Daszak, President of the EcoHealth Alliance, steered the course of the pathetic WHO “investigation”, which had already dismissed the lab leak notion after only a three hour visit to the facility in February.”

That filthy scumbag Daszak should be swing in the wind.

Oroboros
    Participant
    VietnamVet
    Participant

I admit to confirmation bias and seeing what my brain wants me to see. I served in the First Cold War and was raised on Ernest Hemingway novels. Unfortunately, I start reading verbose propaganda, stop, skim a little more for a point, not finding any, give up.

The West is at a transition point much like the Soviet Union’s Boris Yeltsin era. Except Donald Trump failed on January 6th due to VP Mike Pence proclaiming Joe Biden President. Like the Soviet Union, the USA is withdrawing from Afghanistan. Like Chernobyl, the Coronavirus Plague shows the US government is fatally dysfunctional.

History rhymes. Everything corporate propaganda says about western democracy is false. The selection of Clinton, Trump or Biden is no choice. But everything the media voices about one party autocratic rule is true.

China is closing its main ports due to COVID, the lack of workers to move containers in the USA, and fear will crater retail sales taking more income with it. The Establishment is blaming everyone else, except themselves. This is a sure-fire way to finish off society. The question becomes how long will the States stay United without sufficient food, clean air and water, healthcare, and shelter.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.