Debt Rattle August 13 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 13 2021

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    zerosum
    Participant

Hurry up.
    Survivalist classes are now in session.
    Ask an Afghanistany.

those darned kids
    Participant

dear [insert name of loathsome right wing politician of your choice]:

for years i have watched you install fracking wells in pristine wilderness and next to nursery schools,
    for years i have watched you deceive the naïve, telling them you’d end abortion,
    for years i have watched you destroy unions and off-shore their jobs,
    for years i have watched you divert the people’s money into totally unnecessary military madness,
    for years i have watched you be a total dink.

but now, even after all that, i will vote for you. to be honest, in the last election i put smiley faces in the little circles because it just seems like a silly charade. before then, i voted green or marxist or further back for centreleft. but now, i will vote for you, loathsome right wing politician, because in our new upside down world, it seems like you, loathsome right wing politician, have become the only voice of reason that still cares about freedom.

without freedom, i can’t prove to you how wrong you have been all these years. so, thanks again, loathsome right wing politician, for all your hard work of late. i’ll see you at the polls.

Bill7
    Participant

“vote”? quaint..

they’ve arranged things nicely.

ctbarnum
    Participant

We don’t have elections now. We have appointments.

those darned kids
    Participant

fair enough..

pun[ishment] intended.

still, i’ll give it a try next time. i’ve got my mojo bag and toes crossed, too.

any port in a cliché storm.

ctbarnum
    Participant

The establishment asks, in ad hominem fashion, “Why don’t people trust the science (TM)?”. And we answer, because

“Whether it is GMO crop technology or COVID vaccines, we are seeing a huge unscientific experiment using people as human guinea pigs to rake in massive profits.”

I for one do not wish to be one of those human guinea pigs when it comes to vaccines. I didn’t get a choice on GMOs.

Science, Salvation and Heretics: From Monsanto to Pfizer it’s the same old playbook

Bill7
    Participant

let’s see.. the two least-popular candidates from last year’s Democ**t Party primaries are now- somehow, miraculously!- Prezdint and VP of This Great Nation. What a mindf*ck by and for the benefit of our Ruling Class.

Pretty sure I saw that the jig was up when the smartyPhone was introduced: “Groovy Thing for self-enslavement! – sign me up!”

nope

those darned kids
    Participant

bill7: i’ll take your luis de milán and raise you francis poulenc’s sarabande (1960) performed by narciso yepes (i like the slower 1977 version). so very, very simple, modern yet timeless. go to the youtube to treat the ear.

[no links allowed pour moi.]

absolute galore
    Participant

UpstateNYer wrote: @absolute: if you want to watch Tucker Carlson Today you need to subscribe to Fox News Nation*….Tucker is not the same during one-hour interviews as he is in the prime time segment. He is quiet for the most part. Listens.

Thanks. Yes, I watched a couple of free longer interviews, and that is what I came away with, too. Not too many talking heads do much listening these days.

I am going to take the weekend off from TAE–a mental health break, I suppose. Doing a bicycle event in Chatham on Sunday, riding with my son in the woods tomorrow. Let my brain clear out some of this constant…whatever it is. See yooze all soon.

those darned kids
    Participant

so tucker starts his thing great. afghanistan is a mess. we are idiots. then to prove it, ¿¡eric prince!? oops, bad, bad choice.

anyhoo, he gets this guy, pedro gonzalez, to talk about race. “uniparty”, “imperial”, “power and control”, “fuel the growth of a corrupt political order”, “ruling class”, “psychotic”, “neoliberal”, “fundamentally dehumanizing” on fox frikkin’ news. listen to the dude. i know nothing of him except this, but the dude crushes it.

Bill7
    Participant

What can be taken at face value, now?

#reserved

RE the music: not the same league

those darned kids
    Participant

haha, music is not a competition. i was just jesting with the poker analogy. i mean, if you wanna get paid by the note, listen to earl scruggs (r.i.p., sir) play “shuckin’ the corn”. or try “trinkle tinkle” by thelonious monk, the coltrane version with the sheets of sound.

ctbarnum
    Participant

Wait. Even when you’re in your car? Alone? What will they think of next?

Bill7
    Participant

funny ol’ world

if anybuddy knows of a Roger Miller CD that includes ‘Atta Boy, Girl’ and ‘Hard-Headed Me’, please say so. Dude was the best since Hank Williams, I think, though with a lighter touch.

Bill7
    Participant

timeless middle verse:

I said “listen Woman, you better leave me alone /

how long is Forever, that’s how long she’ll be gone. ”

not much to add to that

ctbarnum
    Participant

If you get vaccinated, you’ll get your freedom back.

Aaaaaannnd…it’s gone.

Bill7
    Participant

>If you get vaccinated, you’ll get your freedom back <

tell me about the fine people, who can take it away..

I’ll re-do my 1978 bike ride over Ojai, and Pine Mountain, and across the Cuyama Valley (that’s the easy and better part, esp when it’s cool) soon. I’ve done it on a single-speed, gents, and will do it again.

Cuyama Valley is a special place, and not to be missed.

Fuck ’em (gently, of course).

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.