Debt Rattle August 16 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 16 2017

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Fred Stein Hydrant, New York 1947   • The Greatest Crisis In World History Is About To Be Unleashed (von Greyerz) • After 100 Months of Buying Th
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 16 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Egon von Greyerz
    I read more, re: Egon von Greyerz. As usual he has a huge axe to grind when it comes to financials; he’s very much into gold and singing the siren call of war.
    When he writes of war he acts like “it’ll be bad, but make sure you have a good position in gold”.
    WTF???
    Yeah, it’ll be bad and gold will be the last thing a nuclear devestated planet will be worried about.
    Just what’s with these idiots (besides money, money, money).
    About the only thing I agree is that crypto vs gold is a no brainer; go with gold!
    But a war? All bets are then off.
    A very shallow dive, all in all…

regionswork
    Participant

No article about Charlottesville, Virgina events and the Trump response. As a candidate, I gave Trump a chance because he did speak some truths. Didn’t vote for him in the Virginia Republican primary, went for Kasich. Didn’t vote for him in the election. When he became President, I extended my giving him a chance. As a 71 year old Eisenhower Republican born in Wisconsin, I’ve had to become independent. In Virginia of 1969, when I first move here, everyone was a fiscal conservative – both parties. Like many, I voted for the best person in any election. As the Republican southern strategy took over, not being a Dixiecrat, independent was the only place for me. I’m taking back the chance I gave to Donald Trump. In the course of my career, I’ve worked with many politicians. They worked very hard for the citizens they served. Good things were accomplished and more is in the pipeline. Divided we fall. We may do best at the Pareto ratio, 80/20. We are united and in agreement on 80% of thing, being law abiding the most important for civilization. The 20% may be clothing, food, religion, study, recreation, etc. Freedom of choice, a responsible freedom, that doesn’t intrude on that if others too much. I think the alt-right may have made a mistake picking Charlottesville as their public debut. It is a small City, 46,000 or so, but very articulate, as is the multi-county Thomas Jeffersom Planning District organized in 1968. Local Governments in Virginia have been encouraged to work regionally since the 1930s and to plan so they could develop their economies and benefit from shared growth. Virginia Senator Tim Kaine is a good representative of the community building process that got a kick-start from his father-in-law, Governor Linwood Holton. When the leaders fail, the people organize. The modern Republicans will be the last to recognize that giving Trump a chance was a mistake. There are things only our government can do, which is why the Founders cobbled together this method for a republic. The strong executive model building since Nixon is showing its flaws.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.