Debt Rattle August 18 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 18 2021

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 138 total)
  • Author

Two poems today!

Ode to Marek’s

O Vaccine, you’re my dearest friend
    You’re with me to the bitter end.
    Despite disease that we might cause
    I see no reason for a pause.

Ode to the Internet

A mob has no intelligence.
    A mob’s a bunch of protoplasm.
    Connected, we’ve become a mob
    Engaged in mutual orgasm.

Noirette,

Any discussion of Afghan poppies that does not involve the CIA is useless. They are the boss of it. It’s been too long, and now too hard to find it all back right now, it that is even possible anymore, but I have zero doubt about this.

those darned kids
    Participant

nsw residents can check to see if their neighbours got the antikooties.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

the next time someone asks, “are you vaccinated?”, i’m gonna answer, “why, yes, i’ve had a vasectomy! wanna see the scar?”.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

thomasjkenney: make sure you go through the dry beans to remove any little bean-sized rocks. the last thing you need in an apocalypse is a broken tooth. then, soak ’em in water overnight. if you have a pressure cooker, much, much better.

ctbarnum
    Participant

You haven’t been to a playground madamski. In the playground, the cool kids (vax, or PMC if you will, as analogy) did vent frustration on the retarded kid BECAUSE said kid was weak and unable to defend themselves while the onlookers LAUGHED on account they wanted to be part of the “cool group”. Never discount mob psychology, and right now while it seems that unvax are comprised of those on the right, that is far from truth, as those vax/anti-vax runs the upper and lower halves of the political compass (libertarian/authoritarian). However, I won’t discount a MAJOR event related to attacks on the PMC if they keep up their cool kid authoritarian act and push too far.

Don’t believe everything will happen in linear fashion, we’re in major disruption territory. Anything can happen.

ctbarnum
    Participant

@upstateNYer

About that last post relating to weak US leadership, on that note:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/taliban-troll-biden-twitter-posing-ice-cream

ctbarnum
    Participant

madamski cafone
    Participant

Methinks Noirette is well aware of the CIA angle in Afghan heroin. I cannot imagine her regularly displayed breadth of geopolitical knowledge and analytic shrewdness could possibly escape that. Me also thinks that said CIA influence is rapidly if not already caput. Like the CIA which just doesn’t know it yet.

I am thoroughly convinced that Kabul marked the definitive end of an era. A little inertia will follow, but USA is now a domestic affair, not a global power. Even its power as the world’s biggest market is vulnerable to its currency about to go kablooey.

Mr. House
    Participant
    Mister Roboto
    Participant

So, I could be wrong about all this and the narrative just falls apart on its own.

That’s what JMG thinks will happen. I go by the statistics provided by “Our World In Data” courtesy of Google, and it looks like the completely unvaxxed will stand at no less than 34% by the time all is said and done. And a lot of those people have guns and ammunition and know how to use them.

upstateNYer
    Participant

ct, “… the cool kids (vax, or PMC if you will, as analogy) did vent frustration on the retarded kid BECAUSE said kid was weak and unable to defend themselves ..”

Interesting. I’m going to side with madam on this one. I’m getting old, but remember the integration of kids with cognitive disabilities into our school (special classes). A bunch of cool kids were picking on a kid with a disability in the hallway one day. When I stepped in (I ain’t no thing size wise, trust me), the cool kids very quickly backed down.

I wouldn’t take on an angry mob of dozens, but a small whiny mob? They fold so fast you’ll wish they were around when you are taking clothes out of the dryer.

upstateNYer
    Participant

unvaxxed will stand at higher than 34%. Period.

zerosum
    Participant

(bad math)
    Population 333,188,423 Total cases 38,016,008 Total death 641,080
    Total recovered/ total immune/ total don’t need vaccination/ total natural herd immunity 30,324,754
    What is missing are the numbers of recovered from 1.covid 19, and 2. from covid variant delta

thomasjkenney
    Participant

I watched a bully berate a girl with severe acne once. That bully was surreptitiously fed a peed-on donut the next day. The rest of the year, folks did their best to boost the girl’s self-image. Most of the bullies I knew avoided all contact with the smart kids (fear), and were mercilessly hounded when they picked on someone with a disability or other physical difference.

But I drew several lucky cards with regard to schooling.

ctbarnum
    Participant

Some context to go with Mister Roboto’s “civil war” comment link from JMG. I actually had to copy and paste the link to see it, but I’ll put it here is anyone else has trouble.

“….this madness has really pushed a lot of HEAVILY ARMED AMERICANS to feel like the government is actively trying to kill/enslave them. The apocalyptic theology which is common in these parts is also feeding this.

I personally do not agree with this position but what argument can I give? Your employer is not legally allowed to ask you about your health status, age, pregnancy status, and so on, yet all of New York is a “papers please” situation if you want to enter a restaurant! I have family on the east coast. I am told things are very different there. Apparently they have very little idea of just how red hot things are getting out here. They seem to think this is a far, far right development. Its not. The people buying guns I’ve been talking to were moderate conservatives. Most in 2016 hated Trump. Its hard to put into words just how tense things are getting as people feel like a dark, dreadful new world order is closing in on them and about to purposefully bring about a global holocaust, and the idiots in charge are doing everything possible to make it look like that is exactly what they are doing. The chaplain at the factory I work at says that whereas he used to get maybe 2-3 emergency calls a month, that suddenly increased to 2-3 a week in July. Suddenly suicide attempts are becoming a lot more common.”

https://ecosophia.dreamwidth.org/142620.html?thread=17548316#cmt17548316%20on%20JMG%E2%80%99s%20latest%20Covid%20open%20post.%20Here%E2%80%99s%20a%20quote%20from%20it:

This is why the commenter believes civil war will happen, and it wouldn’t necessarily be ideological in nature, but a case where people are just tired of putting up with shit and walking away after taking multiple punches. Being exceedingly small as a child (and still am somewhat, but I figured out what ultimately stops sociopaths. The fact that you are willing and able to hurt them greatly.), I had to deal with quite a bit of walking away from punches, not that I was uncoordinated or weak, but on the notion that trouble from authorities would be worse than taking the punch. And that’s what many of the unvaccinated feel now, even in these comments. The mindset has to be “keep messing with us and we will make you hurt”. One way or another. Lots of ways to do that even without violence, the the office people now are opening up a whole new can of worms that could ultimately lead to said violence. Though my hope is it doesn’t happen, I still expect (and prepare for at least in mind) the worst. One has to present a nuclear option to anyone that believes natural law does not apply to them. But then, we’ll just have to see.

ctbarnum
    Participant

The scenario we are dealing with now could lead some group to write a paper with….“after a long train of abuses” and ..in the course of human events…, etc. Time will tell.

bluebird
    Participant

@John Day –
    I am so sorry to hear about mandatory vaccinations at the clinic, and everywhere. Praying for you and many others who likely will not be employed because of these mandates. Something is terribly wrong in this country.

Bill7
    Participant

I’ll say what I’ve said before: it’s not supposed to Make Sense; it’s supposed to make one crazy (note, in that vein, the very well composed counter-narrative). All one thing, it seems to me.

John Day: I’m very sorry to hear about your situation, and am wishing you well. It will be the same here.

Bill7
    Participant

Mr. House: yeah, I saw that. Last train out of town? Few buying what’s on offer there..

😉

Bill7
    Participant

Humor me- and you might like it anyway:

Bill7
    Participant

Well damn!- that *was* a youtubey, fascistgram link!

What’s this world coming to, anyway?

Roger Miller, ‘Hard-Headed Me’ was the thing.

Bill7
    Participant

Tom Cuthbertson wrote ‘Anybody’s Bike Book’, which was a big influence on so many of us- a really inclusive, you can do it! vibe. Opened my first shop in the early 70s under his influence.

His obit: https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/sfgate/name/tom-cuthbertson-obituary?pid=15819947

citizenx
    Participant

“Don’t worry, it’s not going to happen. It will get worse for sure, but in the end they can’t forbid people from buying food and water… The one and only reason the pressure increases is that there’s so much resistance against it. You’re not losing, they are.”

Yes thank you for those words and your work here-
    I confess, I’m feeling horribly desperate, like a desperate outcast in an insane asylum… it has been a wretched 18 mos. I got covid at work in mid Feb 2020, my restaurant was shut down for service for months, they tried to remain open with a skeleton crew (mostly undocumented Mexicans), after the 2nd Gov mandated shutdown they permanently closed their doors in Jan after 10yrs of successful business.

I’ve been barely scraping by with unemployment, emptying what little I had for savings, increasing my CC debt- They “Gov” finally allowed restaurants to reopen at full capacity in July- getting back to interviewing was a degrading process- not wanting to lie about not being vacd was incredibly uncomfortable- if I told them I was not vaxd, there was no hire, but I refused to lie about it so it then became a game of pretend and avoid, “don’t ask / don’t tell” insanity.

I was asked to do a second working interview, 2 hours before going to the interview I get an email that says we must postpone as someone on their staff contracted covid and they were closing for an undetermined period of time. A week later I go back for the stage working interview and get hired. It turns out the person who got covid was vaxd – and peoples responses? “Oh good thing they were vaxd, how worse it could have been” ! WTF? Surreal insanity.

When I read about NYC yesterday I kind of freaked, made my first post here. I feel like its only a matter of time before they ruin my life- no vax no job- bankrupt homeless and destitute – surrounded by brainwashed mindless shells of human beings.

I feel wretched, like it is only a matter of time before it all falls apart- before i fight and die for true values beyond profit and control. I am sorry for all of you suffering with this untenable “new normal” atrocity, or compassion for you and sorry it has come to this- stay strong, have courage

Bill7
    Participant

citizenx: I hear you, and wish you well. It’ll be the same where I am.
    The inter/darpa/opaqueNet is a tool, but sadly, not for us.

Bill7
    Participant

The idea has come of making a site (short-lived, for sure!) for former NC readers and commenters.
    There have been so many able and articulate ones whose comments I’ve missed, post 3/2020.

If it happens, I’ll be ‘Lawrence Selden’, fwtw.

those darned kids
    Participant

hahahaha, bill7: shoot, they kicked me out 4 years ago. my beloved cat (r.i.p., buddy, we miss you) twice appeared as the antidote du jour.

[raúl, please do not read the above]

those darned kids
    Participant

did they get a free ice-cream for getting the jabb?

upstate: better old than mold.

Bill7
    Participant

Quite sure I remember buddy the antidote-cat, there, and I am really sorry about your loss. That place got a lobotomy at a curious moment.

Bill7
    Participant

> unvaxxed will stand at higher than 34%. Period. <

I think you’re right about that.

As I said to one dear to me- A PMCer in a northern european country: I am “unwoke, unvaxxed, un-technofeudalized.” It cost me.

those darned kids
    Participant

oops, his name was not “buddy”, it was phydeaux, the scrabble cat.

it was good site. i think “gentrification” suits what happened.

Mr. House
    Participant
    citizenx
    Participant

“I notice a lot of us unvaccinated are in flight mode over the ostracism, but sooner or later we might need to go into fight mode.”

Yep, based on History, which I am a living student of- It seems more like when, not if… and when seems to be drawing very close. Rather than crumble and fold- or obey monsters- I will fight.

My mindset has been trying to rebuild my life so that I may simply live- and they are undermining every step. My mindset now is getting prepared for a battle- My dignity and human values of grace and positivity are worth fighting and dying for. It is time to take and make a stand- if they continue to push harder at destroying lives- they will soon have nothing to push against except their own graves…in they will fall and down they will go. I’ve had enough abuse from a murderous Govt, and history shows they have abused and murdered for far too long.

They (govt abusing scum) need to stfu and do something good other than destroy for their profit pleasure model- or they can choke on their own blood if they continue. Assange alone deserves an uprising.

madamski cafone
    Participant

“You haven’t been to a playground madamski. In the playground, the cool kids (vax, or PMC if you will, as analogy) did vent frustration on the retarded kid BECAUSE said kid was weak and unable to defend themselves while the onlookers LAUGHED on account they wanted to be part of the “cool group”.”

You say here is exactly what I meant about the group picking on the few. I said that, and then said that it only takes on person standing up to alter that dynamic.

I know: I was p[icked on as a kid. I know: someone stood up, not a particularly large person, and shut them down.

I have no idea why youi’re disagreeing with me. Here’s what I wrote:

“Cool kids wanting to vent some angry frustration on the retarded kid on the schooolground is motivation much too weak to stand up to a determined lunatic willing to demonstrate that s/he is seriously determined to FUCK UP anyone who messes with hir.”

But recommending goiurage with no guarantee of safety seems to be anathema to most modern Euromericans. Courage is a real thing, just like cowardice. Both are equally accessible to the human psyche. Really. Not kidding. I’ve seen it; I’ve done it: it is a valid tool.

Bill7
    Participant

“let’s you and him Fight.”

big ol’ pass.

Oroboros
    Participant

There are approx 450 million guns in America in civilian hands.

Just a guess but the 50% of the country that voted Republican probably has 80% of the 450 million guns.

Conservatives have approx = 360 million guns

Conservative also by and large know how to use them.

The ex-military are overwhelmingly conservative and REALLY know how to use guns.

Liberals have approx 90 million guns

Liberals by and large are newbies or dabblers in firearms, moderate at best.

Liberals make up a relatively small minority of the ex-military crowd and would be hard pressed to make up an effective Fire Team (4 members) much less a Squad or Platoon.

Conservative would be quite at home organizing up to a Company or even a Battalion.

A Company of Conservatives armed with M-16 equivalents would mop the floor with a thousand Liberals.

Just saying.

Get real about semi-organized civilian violence that does not include the police or guardsmen.

The conservative groups would eviscerate Anti-fa in an armed conflict not to mention trapping the Blue Folks inside city beltways and starving them out of supplies in very short order.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

The Australian government is preparing “for future waves of COVID-19” by supporting new facilities “to produce 100 million mRNA vaccines” starting in 2023. The government wants enough vaccine to cover the entire population each year.

There’s a “bidding war” between drug companies for the government contract.

a proposal to the Australian federal government to produce 100 million mRNA vaccines from early 2023… to build a domestic mRNA vaccine facility with federal support to develop new medical treatments and prepare for future waves of COVID-19.

The details of the bid, confirmed to The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald, meet the government’s key objective of building domestic capacity to produce enough vaccines in a year to cover the entire population.

However, the bid depends on whether Prime Minister Scott Morrison and Industry Minister Christian Porter can reach an agreement with vaccine producers such as Pfizer and Moderna to license their mRNA technology to an Australian partner.

Bidding war for Australian mRNA vaccine production
    https://www.globalpharmatimes.com/bidding-war-for-australian-mrna-vaccine-production/

Oroboros
    Participant

Look how the US retreated from Afghanistan and left astonishing quantities of weapons behind.

Think of the Bedpan Biden administration’s handling of the ‘Capitol Insurrection’

Think of the Bedpan Biden administration going toe to toe with 360 million guns instead of a couple thousand un-armed clowns at the Capitol.

russellnblbs
    Participant

The mob violence angle is interesting. Historically in pogroms etc, it was against a marginalised urban population, such as the jews or the Chinese, which is the playground analogy. It is very rarely against rural settled populations, violence against them is almost always done by militaries and government; invading armies, roving bands, secret police etc.

Taking that from history one may draw out some thoughts. The mob violence will be more likely in the reactionary phase, as others have pointed out. It is in fact the settled rural population that is more likely to rise up violently, as they are usually more willing to use violence and have more experience with it, and have less to lose than the urban populations from opposing the government. This is what people are getting wrong about the nazis I think. Nazism was the reaction against the bullshit we are seeing now. It arose in rural southern Germany in opposition to the northern urban parts of the country. We must be just as careful with the coming reaction as to the current atrocity.

those darned kids
    Participant

oroboros: that would be the wrong people targeting the wrong people. to solve this problem, you would not need very many guns at all. actually, pitchforks make for a better movie. regardless, that approach would only lead to meet the new boss syndrome.

we need to scrap elections and have governmental lotteries.

Oroboros
    Participant

Bidding war for Australian mRNA vaccine production

The Auzzie Jumping the Shark

madamski cafone
    Participant

citizenx:

if it comes to homelessness, call on us. Some of us here may have a space for you. My wife and I have a spare bedroom. I’m a benevolent dictator. There is no such thing as virtual reality. So if your situation gets real, call on us/call on me, ask us to get real and keep you above water.

Word, even.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.