Debt Rattle August 18 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 18 2021

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 138 total)
  • Author

Salvador Dali Meditative rose 1958   • Leaky Vaccines, Super-spreads, And Variant Acceleration (Gato Malo) • A Grim Warning From Israel: Vaccinat
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 18 2021]

Mr. House
    Participant

“Stop for a minute and absorb what this means. By turning the vaccinated into essentially perfect carriers of virus, it transformed them into a set of plague rats to infect the rest. A disease so deadly it would burn itself out rapidly becomes one capable of endemic spread so long at there are more vaccinated carriers around. ”

Perhaps this was known, and done on purpose. Think about it, if everyone is jabbed this could go on forever and ever and ever. The great reset……..and unending medical tyranny and discrimination.

Mr. House
    Participant

also i don’t condone the usage of the word plague rats, for jabbed or unjabbed.

What, you look at Afghanistan and you STILL think they’re capable of executing some grand plan?

chooch
    Participant

Holy Crap. Thanks Raul

V. Arnold
    Participant

also i don’t condone the usage of the word plague rats, for jabbed or unjabbed.

I do…

Mr. House
    Participant

“What, you look at Afghanistan and you STILL think they’re capable of executing some grand plan?”

Doesn’t mean they won’t try. Desperation makes people do many stupid things.

Mr. House
    Participant

Good V. Arnold, your hatred gives you focus 😉

oxymoron
    Participant

The Taliban (Pashtuns?) have won by being hardened, having little luxury and strong beliefs and ‘tight-as’ accountability. We don’t have that in Australia so I feel the members of the ruling class will have a little more of their way with us – at least in the short term and particularly through force.
    It is quite the show, this first large and noticeable step down the energy/collapse ladder.

Being able to pivot seems essential – even over what once were solid strategies like gold, permaculture, skills.

I am coming around to the early primers from TAE and one big take away sticking with me is to be of your word and be of use/value – whatever that is. Be reliable, trustworthy, flexible, understanding and honest. It is going to go a long way going forward.

Oh and D Benton – loved your musings from yesterday!

oxymoron
    Participant

Also while we are wrapping our heads around Afghanistan it is worth revisiting Orlov’s post from a short while back. A great pan-back perspective on elements of the shit show.

https://cluborlov.blogspot.com/2021/07/a-case-study-in-national-shame.html

those darned kids
    Participant

WESH, NBC, Orlando, Daytona Beach:

7 fully vaccinated COVID-19 patients die in what doctors say is extremely rare situation

She says up until two weeks ago, she was able to successfully treat every patient who contracted COVID-19, but since then, she says seven fully vaccinated patients died from complications, like pneumonia or stroke, caused by the virus

OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. —
    Patricia Seemann runs her own medical practice, providing health care services to homebound patients.

She said, up until two weeks ago, she was able to successfully treat every patient who contracted COVID-19. But, since then, she said seven fully vaccinated patients died from complications, such as pneumonia or stroke, caused by the virus.

“They were all fully vaccinated, which was disturbing… For one, I got to the hospital, the initial report, he was doing well. 2 liters of oxygen, sitting up, good saturation rate, crashed in 72 hours and died,” Seemann said.

She said the vaccine isn’t 100 percent effective and there is a 4 percent chance of failure, but she still recommends it.

“We explain when I give the vaccine, ‘Look, this is not 100%, but in life, you have to give yourself the best possible odds,” Seemann said.

•••• there’s more, but it’s just mask/all in this together boilerplate.

Mr. House
    Participant
    John Day
    Participant

Bluebird noticed my blog disappeared yesterday. It did that after I posted and went to work, so I didn;t notice, but Google sent us a notice that our Google service had been suspended. No reason.
    “Try to log back on”. Look at all of the possible reasons it might have happened at these links. Everything imaginable.
    No clues, but it happened a few hours after I posted the blog, then un-happened.
    Maybe I said something wrong on the blog, or in the bcc email version of it that I send at the same time.
    “Self Criticize!” was the command in the Cultural Revolution era, I think.

@Phoenix Voice: When does social distancing become ostracizing?
    My Clinic is moving in that direction, with a timeline, which appears to be some time in the second half of September at this point, but not yet announced.
    Our virtual leper colony may go “poof”…
    Meditate and worship.
    ;-}

Polder Dweller
    Participant

This afternoon the Dutch parliament will discuss how far the solidarity of the vaxxed should extend to those who refuse to “protect” themselves. This makes me almost speechless with rage. Parliament seems to be woefully badly informed, they apparently know next to nothing about the mountain of adverse reactions and deaths, and know even less about ADE, micro clots, breakthrough viruses, prion disease, natural immunity, prophylactic treatments etc, etc.

How can we be governed by people who haven’t a clue?

Polder Dweller
    Participant

Right after my previous post I saw this:

“Banks block accounts of ‘conspiracy thinkers’ & ‘anti-vaxers’: ‘This is what the Netherlands have become’
    Several banks have blocked accounts of organizations that they believe are spreading ‘fake news’ about corona and vaccinations. NRC writes that at least eight channels have been put on hold or have been closed from their bank account or payment service, including Viruswaarheid and De Blauwe Tijger.

Rabobank writes in an internal message: “Rabobank does not facilitate initiatives that actively spread conspiracy theories and other proven disinformation.” Triodos Bank refuses to be a customer, according to NRC Viruswaarheid. According to the bank, Virus Truth has “called for confrontations that are at odds with our values.”

In April, payment service Mollie banned the YouTube channel Café Weltschmerz. Bunq bank no longer wanted Doctors for Truth as a customer.

The message led to many critical reactions. “Censorship has many faces,” writes program maker Flavio Pasquino of BLCKBX.

Journalist Eric van de Beek adds: “This is what my country has become. Dissidents who are cut off from the payment system. I propose: blacklist for banks that are most often guilty of this. We say our bank accounts on that.”

“Interesting. The three largest banks in the Netherlands (ING, Rabo and ABN Amro) are already ‘partners’ of the WEF. Others would like to become one,” comments Member of Parliament Gideon van Meijeren (FVD). “When they say ‘incompatible with the bank’s mission,’ do they mean Klaus Schwab’s mission?”

General practitioner Els van Veen responds: “There is a media offensive/information war going on against ‘fake news’. And fake is, of course, anything that does not fit into the government’s corona narrative.”

https://www.ninefornews.nl/banken-blokkeren-rekeningen-van-complotdenkers-antivaxers-dit-is-er-geworden-van-nederland/

Mister Roboto
    Participant

those darned kids
    Participant

“How can we be governed by people who haven’t a clue?”

it has always been this way. any government, regardless of ideology, will be populated by sociopaths because these are the people that really, really, really want the job.

just think of your political system. have you ever met a politician personally? ew (most of the time). usually, the ones me meet are just local politicians, and they generally seem slimy. imagine how ruthless someone has to be in order to slime up that mudhill to become #1.

these people are really good at using tidbits of semi-fact – often things they don’t really understand – to manipulate “normal” people into doing all sorts of horrible and/or ridiculous things.

they have many clues, but they are all used personal gain.

the scum rises to the top.

deflationista
    Participant

The Israel story could be a real world example of Simpson’s Paradox with very important consequences.

absolute galore
    Participant

ADE = the vaxxed are flucked.

Marek’s = the unvaxxed are double flucked.

Both = uh oh.

I am heading to Restaurant Depot with a friend’s card to pick up some supplies for a 3-4 week “empty shelf” scenario. Someone mentioned a tasty brand of powdered milk? Also curious what others might be doing in terms of preparation for a month or so of limited availability of essentials. I know some are better set up than others, but curious given the looming possibility of another domestic crisis or two landing on top of the pandemic thing–an attack on the financial system, a terrorist event–that could disrupt important supply chains, what kind of basic supplies are folks are salting away for, say, a month of no shopping available.

While I have been following the collapse scene for well over a decade, with a divorce and other life circumstances I have not been able to “set myself up.” In any case, the more you think about it, the less feasible most “solutions” become. The basic idea as stated above, be forthright, be helpful, be in good standing and with friends in your community. And have a good supply of oatmeal, beans, Vitamin D, coffee beans.

absolute galore
    Participant

If local authorities can’t get something jumpstarted within a month or so to keep people fed, that’s a scenario you can’t really plan for anyway. Or bother dwelling on.

absolute galore
    Participant

deflationista writes: The Israel story could be a real world example of Simpson’s Paradox with very important consequences.

Damn, I thought I was going to see another episode of Homer, Marge, Bart.

So it’s just a weird statistical abberation thing. So deflat, if you’re vaxxed, you are good to go. But please, explain what are the very important consequences you refer to?

upstateNYer
    Participant

absolute: canned foods, dehydrated foods, rice/pasta/etc., candles, batteries, have had a berkey water filter for years.

You’re correct about how bad things would get if supply lines were disrupted for very long (way shorter than one month and we’d be in deep doo doo!). Hoping that never happens. However, I’d not be surprised if I’m not allowed to grocery shop in the near future due to vaxx pass needed to enter store. I’m preparing for that.

oxymoron
    Participant

As far as I am concerned the subscription model being fostered by politicians, corporations and the medical establishment fits too nicely into the rentier feudal system for this anarcho-syndicalist (or whatever the hell I am). Regular shots in the arm, like taxes are to be dodged and avoided where ever possible. Fair share is another thing all together.

My favourite thinker at the moment – Tyson Yunkaporta has a saying I like very much that pertains to the dissipation of US hegemonic power and it goes a little something like this.
    Mother Earth’s view on the second law of thermodynamics is that entropy is just someone else’s lunch.
    Life just goes on and on.

oxymoron
    Participant

Supplies. Soap, white Jasmine rice, salt, sugar, dried beans, a bit of cash, couple of containers of fuel, tinned tomatoes (a box), olive oil, canned fish, coffee, long life or canned milk, vitamin c or heaps of sauerkraut (better), Oilves, pickles, fast growing leafy green seeds like alfalfa etc for jars or standards for outside gardens, some alcohol (or lots!), plenty of pain meds and bandaids, toilet paper (or soap). Also the yummy sauces for making food interesting (they last years because basically sugar).
    That should be plenty to just hang in there.

My list would have 30 kilos of chocolate for the first 2 weeks.

zerosum
    Participant

Nightmare #1
    +90%, then only 42%, then Lamda then millions of Americans walking around with ticking bombs in their veins and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Indeed, initial data suggests the vaccinated are just as, or even much more, likely to transmit the virus as the asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic. Hence, the vaccine solves nothing.</strong

———–
    Nightmare #2

Not enough food for everybody.
    (Training School – Evacuate thousand of people from Kabul)

Imagine living in a society where you have to fact check things like this:

Fact check: CNN chyron praising Taliban for wearing face masks originated as satire
    USA TODAY

Claim that CNN praised Taliban’s masks came from satire site
    AFP Factcheck

Forgot to include this about that painting Monday, The Song of the Lark:

Bill Murray shares how a painting prevented him from committing suicide

madamski cafone
    Participant

Here in Portland’s West Slope apartmant complex rent plantations, the developers took down the wild 1/4 acre next to our complex.

In a few hours, two dozen large timbers were felled, the brush whacked and razed… and god only knows how many birds and rodents and snakes and insects cast out of their homes or buried alive or…

They left a yard-wide row of blackberry brambles between us and the devastation. The little brown-grey bunnies, who frolicked by the parking lot as my wife drove to work in the mornings, are now competing with other critters for a place to stay and something to eat. We’ll buy a sack of critter feed and spread it along the stretch I call Rodent Row. The birds will fare better, I suppose, being so mobile.

I think it’s fine to be vegan for reasons of one’s personal spiritual growth or at least retention of sanity. EVen so, it’s easy to forget that everything we do for us comes at the expense of others. PIty the poor rodent who wants to eat some industrially grown corn: insecticide kills more than bugs. Not to mention that bugs are some kind of alive too.

No Man’s Land

bunny

Call me sick but a part of me roots for covid to win… which it probably will. JUst be grateful no one satrafed your home with bullets or pesticides, or bulldozed it while you were sleeping or out browsing for food at Safeway or your local garden patch.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Everyone’s a plague rat. That’s why plagues spread.

^&*

I thank deflationista for bringing Simpson’s paradox to my attention. Nifty datum.

absolute galore
    Participant

cafone wrote: Here in Portland’s West Slope apartmant complex rent plantations, the developers took down the wild 1/4 acre next to our complex.

That’s pretty atrocious. Even when one old tree goes missing, it’s a noticeable loss to one’s sensory perception of the space.

Here where I live a developer recently cleared a large swath of trees and undergrowth along the creek in preparation for building a required emergency vehicle access road. Just found out that, due to a change in the railroad track status that locks in the 64-unit development between creek and rail, the road will not be necessary. People at the planning board want to make sure the developer keeps the shrubbery low, because they now like the view of the mountain with all the trees missing. Hey, bunnies don’t vote.

John Day
    Participant

Simpson’s paradox basically says that lumped data, which statistically “proves” one trend, might actually “prove” the opposite when it is appropriately separated into similarly grouped sets.
    Sometimes a scatterplot helps the eye pick that out.
    Wickipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpson%27s_paradox

So, we might take Deflationista to be telling the rest of us groupthinkers that we could be exactly-wrong, but without explaining. That’s sort of a fire-and-forget round.
    Maybe Deflationista has a lot of blogs to tend… Piecework rates may apply.

Dr. D
    Participant

So…China port closed as embargo to attack the U.S. However, Long Beach claims they are backlogged and can’t unload. So China isn’t shipping anything but still Long Beach can’t keep up? Explain? Then last week, rails said they were also backlogged, so as a solution they would run fewer trains. Explain?

Not really a debate on Xtians, but the leader is Christ, and you’re right, he DID kill his own leader, himself, essentially. I don’t think that’s the logic you had in mind though, and it makes no sense. John killed him? Peter? I do remember those Celts, Tribes, etc being as cruel as any Roman and killing Xtians in like kind tit-for-tat and being proud of it. But they are all innocents now and never did nuffin’. Etc. The moral superiority is all on the anti-Xtain side. Everybody BUT them deserves a break instead of thinking, “Huh, humans gonna human, anywhere you go.” Japanese, genocide. Chinese, genocide. Native Americans, slavery, human sacrifice, genocide. Vikings, rape, conquest, genocide. Africans, slavery, conquest, genocide. Hmmm, I detect a trend.

But you see, that never happened now. Only Europeans do bad things. You know, the ones that outlawed slavery and turned a page in the inalienable Rights of Man, then died by hundred thousands to make sure those ideas won as they finally attempted to live up to their own beliefs, or rather, aspirations. But they fell short, while other nations, whole continents continued to trample man, so they’re contemptible, and the slavers and genociders of today are given a free pass. Go Apple! Buy Nike for the NBA! Keep that organ harvesting humming. Why do you think they want to come here, to the whisp and mere residue of what was once Xtian values? For the wonderful Minnesota weather?

“you look at Afghanistan and you STILL think they’re capable of executing some grand plan?”

What, that Joe delayed so he could sell F-Stan to China, then take all the weapons, not evacuate them, give them to the Taliban, and have them pop-up, allegedly, on any terrorism from now til forever? What’s not to like? The whole POINT was to crush the U.S. and have China take the baton, that’s what the last 30 years were for. So how on earth does this not help that? It’s awesome with a double awesome-sauce, and all we have to do is say “Oops: Joe” who nobody likes anyway.

Here’s the problem: it’s not going to work out the way they planned. US$ going down, NO baton, they do not get a free pass on the new pirate ship “SS China” US$ go poof, D.C. can’t pay anyone and is vacant, nation devolves to local level along with the world.

So, you New Yorkers: DeBlasio has lost his ever-loving mind, what are you going to do?

….I heard 100% have to get stuck, even chemo, lupus, MS patients. …But not baseball and guitar players. “Everyone is hereby in the band“?

Polder: has to happen or people won’t get off these criminal platforms with their social-credit ways. And on to a BTC debit card or something. Back to cash. Go in-person, and off Google for blogs, and on to… and so on.

Israel: so it’s all a dream. Great! You’re safe. Don’t mind us chickens! And these other “variants”?

Yes, they don’t exist yet and probably won’t. They’ve been saying “X is going to mutate and kill everyone” not just my life, but for 100 years. Turns out it doesn’t: it takes Dr. Fauci to pay for the research that MAKES it happen, and even then barely, barely works. (0.03%) The REAL attack was to remove all beds and drive out all nurses the last 20 years. I mean, duh. What did you think Obamacare was, adding 300,000 and zero practitioners. If not for that attacked of constant hollowing — even now with no $$, no nat’l Guard, no sanatoriums — we could respond just fine like usual.

Subjected to more articles about what we’ll do when the seas rise (they haven’t), the Gulf Stream stops (it hasn’t) we get more hurricanes (we haven’t), coal dust blots out the sky (it hasn’t), Antarctica melts (it hasn’t) or the world is overpopulated and can’t feed itself (it hasn’t, population may be declining). But after a lifetime of scares and lies not one of which happened except government declaring worldwide martial law and killing everyone, I believe them about this virus that also hasn’t happened, this time.

And there we have it. Top anti-nature, anti-environmental right there in your city, because there was one tree. Portland, isn’t it? Hater of every tree, destroyer of primeval forests?

Who first phrased “Jalalabad Joe?”. Not Kunstler I think.
    The way it rolls of the tongue makes it feel like a keeper.

madamski cafone
    Participant

“But you see, that never happened now. Only Europeans do bad things. You know, the ones that outlawed slavery and turned a page in the inalienable Rights of Man, then died by hundred thousands to make sure those ideas won as they finally attempted to live up to their own beliefs, or rather, aspirations.”

I too read big books, including tomes on history. True facts can be used to form fairy tales. All it takes is a few logical fallacies, deftly placed or not. (That was in my passive-aggressive voice.) All that happened solely because science/wood/fossil fuels (and major windpower in The Netherlands) rendered human/animal slaves inefficient for a few centuries. That’s it.

Onward Xtian soldier and all that. Go rescue the poor spiritually ignorant bastards. Take up that white man’s burden. Me, I have to laugh. And then go into my closet and pray, in secret, to God as I understand It. For me, that sock puppet wears a Jesus face cuz i was raised on it and I just like that phony Hollywood Caucasian iconography:

roxy's

The Hip Nazz

“Here’s the problem: it’s not going to work out the way they planned. US$ going down, NO baton, they do not get a free pass on the new pirate ship “SS China” US$ go poof, D.C. can’t pay anyone and is vacant, nation devolves to local level along with the world.”

That’s exactly what Raul is saying.

I too talk to myself. A lot. An awful lot. Too much. Sometimes I have to remind myself that others are listening too.

I too could waste a vast fortune (had I inherited one like 20th century Uncle Sam did) to blow up said estate in some clusterfucked fever dream. I’m human, which makes it easy to be dangerously foolish.

those darned kids
    Participant

kamala kandahar?

madamski cafone
    Participant

cam

It’s spelled Camela Kandahar.

deflationista
    Participant
    Dr. D
    Participant

Famous, landmark ACLU case. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Socialist_Party_of_America_v._Village_of_Skokie

Hey, whut dat? America’s LIBERALS, American Civil LIBERTIES Union defending Nazis? For FREE? In a landmark case widely considered to be not only the height of American free speech, but the height and foundation of Liberal values?

“I hate what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.” Where did that go? Where is yon Left of yesterday that believed in defending minority groups’ right to exist AGAINST an overreaching government, wanting people to be left alone and chill, man?

Naturally the Right was no better at this, but at least right now they’re defending it, so it’s hard to drag up a past now 50 years gone to criticize them. The Right said Jesus would bomb Baghdad, but what did they DO about it? Write mean things about the Dixie Chicks? Out their own CIA in Africa?

Cancel your phone line?
    Erase your bank account?
    Shut off your mail?
    Arrest reporters?
    Round up protesters and hold them in solitary, perhaps forever?

No, no, no, no, and no. It takes ANTI Fascists to join with government, applaud corporations and oligarchs, stop free speech, cancel points of view, arrest dissidents, wiretap and jail reporters, and do it all without trial, procedure, or rule of law. AntiFascists are always merged with corporations and the secret state in the service of war and larger, more overreaching government, that’s just common sense.

Because the monopoly merger of corporations and government would never lead you wrong, I believe everything Pfizer and the CDC says, especially if it’s against privacy and “my body, my choice.” Duh. Today Fascists are people who don’t trust the government and want it divorced from corporations and too small to harm anyone.

I guess I’ve run out of satire. The nation is now hermetically-sealed, satire-proof. But I’ve not run out of defense for freedom, sovereignty or free speech, and trust I never will. Speak on! I find it endlessly entertaining and in fact quite easy to let other people be.

madamski cafone
    Participant

from yesterday:

“It may have seemed ridiculous to those whose countries have a more lax approach, with perhaps predictable results. NZ has been lucky but it most certainly is a success story because of its approach. Going hard and early is in sharp contrast to New South Wales in Australia, which dithered and dallied and which now has daily cases up to nearly 700. The lockdown in NZ may have seemed over-reaction but the single case has already grown to about 10, with perhaps another 50-100 expected. The rapid lockdown may not seem so stupid in hindsight. NZ’s strategy has seen most residents able to live their lives normally and has seen the economy rebound strongly with an effective full employment situation (4% unemployment is often considered the minimum level, given the usual churn).”

I have to agree. I forget if NZ is pushing shitty vakzines or not, but the way to get results from a lockdown is to lock down hard and FAST. Other factors (like the vakzines) alter the results for sure, but the basic strategy is historically proven effective, if done fast, throughly, and only for awhile. Especially if you’re a small island nation and can shut down without excessive disruption.

madamski cafone
    Participant

sim

I suggest an application of Simpson’s paradox to the above alleged fact.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.