Debt Rattle August 24 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 24 2020

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Henri Cartier Bresson Salamanca, Spain 1963   • Trump Announces Emergency Authorization For Convalescent Plasma (JTN) • 97,000 People Got Convale
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 24 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Henri Cartier Bresson Salamanca, Spain 1963

LOL, what a shot! It’s actually a great shot; at just the right moment in the continuum…
    That shot is what photography is all about: being in the right place at the right time…
    🙂

What ya wanna bet that today, that photo would be banned; and idealogically dstroyed by the PC Nazi’s…

Hahahahahahah, just trying to head them off at the pass…………….

V. Arnold
    Participant

…and the juxtaposition of the old couple beside the 2 young girls, is just the bee’s knees…
    🙂

From yesterday’s thread “Eddie” and the alleged Russian poisonings.

Let me make a less-than-exhaustive list: Versilov, Kara-Murza, Politkovskaya, Skripal, Litvinenko, Dzhemal, Rastorguyev.

If you are so full of hard information that exonerates Putin and the oligarchs, make your case, and I will gladly concede that I’m wrong.

You make the claims, and I have to prove they’re false? Isn’t that upside down?

At this point, the only way for me to look at a list like that is to consider all these allegations nonsensical until someone proves they make sense. It’s NATO, secret services and the media who profit from the non-stop drip-drip vs Russia, not us; we pay through the nose and get to live in an unsafe world.

I obviously touched a nerve, stepping right on your bias like that. Sorry about that. I do it a lot. I expect to be banned by you eventually. There is no place anywhere anymore for honest discussion.

I am the one who’s biased? No nerves touched, don’t worry, it’s all too shallow for that. As for bans and honest discussions, you obviously don’t know this place.

hidflect
    Participant

“With Joe Biden in the White House, you will never doubt that he will stand with our friends..”
    An thinly veiled call out to the Tribe.

V. Arnold
    Participant

As for bans and honest discussions, you obviously don’t know this place.

Indeed, he doesn’t know your place.
    …but then, he seems a bit fringe…

V. Arnold
    Participant

…but then, he seems a bit fringe…

I can’t believe I said that, fringe, a thousand pardons…

zerosum
    Participant

Good morning everyone.
    This week, the white noise, from the politicians, will probably be louder than two hurricanes.

sumac.carol
    Participant

Here is a link to a study on the effectiveness of garlic on a corona virus that attacks poultry.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4967842/

The article from Athens commenting on the discomfort of feeling powerless before nature resonated for me in a positive way- watching plants and wildlife go thru their cycle of life reminds me that I too am part of the (I hope?) never-ending cycle of life –something very comforting and wondrous in that.
    Most kind idea for David Holmgren to advise, but I think the die are already cast already for us. I no longer do grafting – I buy grafted trees when needed but focus instead on fruit and nut shrubs which do not have graft vulnerability. Animals are key, but we do not raise them- the learning curve for successfully growing plants is more than we can handle in our zone of very cold winters, humid hot summers (Ilargi you must remember this from your days in Montreal?), and our particular — our food forest is surrounded by a wild forest full of wildlife (who by the way LOVE our fruit) and diseases and insect pests. A side note- other local organic growers around here who have tried to do both animals and mixed orchard invariably failed on the orchard front — too much effort required to look after animals leaves no time to effectively deal with needs of fruit trees. So we trade with them – meat for fruit.

sumac.carol
    Participant

John Day re off-label drug prescriptions: there is a double standard imposed by the FDA on this issue. Off-label prescriptions are based on anecdotal evidence of physicians and on this basis drugs are permitted to be prescribed in absence of controlled studies. However when it comes to herbal remedies anecdotal evidence is not acceptable to the FDA.

Mr. House
    Participant

Me thinks google is going to give you some trouble with the photo

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Welp, in my home state of Wisconsin, there was at least one instance this weekend where the gratuitous violence came from the police, and this, in turn, precipitated unrest and property-damage that has the City of Kenosha on edge today.

Bill7
    Participant

Ellen Brown: ‘From Lockdown to Police State’:

“..Angelo Codevilla, professor emeritus at Boston University, concluded in an August 13th article, “We are living through a coup d’état based on the oldest of ploys: declaring emergencies, suspending law and rights, and issuing arbitrary rules of behavior to excuse taking ‘full powers’.”

Melbourne has gone to extremes with its lockdown measures, but it could portend things to come globally. Lockdowns were originally sold to the public as being necessary just for a couple of weeks to “flatten the curve,” to prevent hospital overcrowding from COVID-19 cases. It has now been over five months, with self-appointed vaccine czar Bill Gates intoning that we will not be able to return to “normal” until the entire global population of 7 billion people has been vaccinated. He has since backed off on the numbers, but commentators everywhere are reiterating that lockdowns are the “new normal,” which could last for years.

All this is such a radical curtailment of our civil liberties that we need to look closely at the evidence justifying it; and when we do, that evidence is weak. The isolation policies were triggered by estimates from the Imperial College London of 510,000 UK deaths and 2.2 million US deaths, more than 10 times the actual death rate from COVID-19. A Stanford University antibody study estimated that the fatality rate if infected was only about 0.1 to 0.2 percent; and in an August 4th blog post, Bill Gates himself acknowledged that the death rate was only 0.14 percent, not much higher than for the flu. But restrictive measures have gotten more onerous rather than less as the mortality figures have been revised downward..

From Lockdown to Police State: The “Great Reset” Rolls Out

Thank you, Ms. Brown; glad there are at least a few truth-tellers around..

-Bill7

Glennda
    Participant

Thank you, Bill7.

I respect Ellen Brown’s economic sense and read her article carefully. She has some good points, but she totally misses the medical side of C19. It is extremely contagious in enclosed air spaces, and it has some very serious unusual properties that a typical flu does not have. The long term effects are just beginning to be seen, along with multi-system problems due to the vascular side of it. This is a disease that can be very bad, so I take my Vit D, zinc, Vit C and hope more time will give more understanding.

Certainly the extreme lock downs with police violence is a mistake, but if the populations at risk are aware of the dangers and ust stay home like in Sweden, then an extreme lock-down may not be necessary. The real problem is that we “just don’t know” much about this novel disease. To err on the side of caution is what common sense would suggest.

I, for one, at 78 plan to stay out of harm’s way, now that I retired on Jan 1. I’m fortunate that I have a caring daughter nearby along with my grandson who I do childcare for while schools are closed.

My main social life is now on Zoom, and am helping with a Webinar series focusing on local area groups gearing up to deal with closing refineries and local GND strategies. I’ve somehow become one of the hosts for zoom breakout rooms. New tricks for an old dog, I guess.

Susmarie108
    Participant

The dispatch from Athens is a LOVE letter.

The silence of the democrats: I think this really matters. How hard is it to condemn anarchy and threat to lives and property?
    I want my Democratic Farmer Labor party back. Anybody out there that still sees labor as an asset?

Mr. House
    Participant
    John Day
    Participant

@Sumac,Carol:
    You are fundamentally mistaken on the facts, when you say, “re off-label drug prescriptions: there is a double standard imposed by the FDA on this issue. Off-label prescriptions are based on anecdotal evidence of physicians and on this basis drugs are permitted to be prescribed in absence of controlled studies.”
    Off label use of approved prescription drugs is seldom based upon “anecdotal evidence”, though that is legal. It is almost always based upon good medical studies.
    All of the special treatments in preganancy, for instance, are based upon very good medical evidence, including the time honored and extremely effective use of giving magnesium sulfate IV to treat toxemia/pre-ecclampsia.
    That’s epsom salts in the IV. Nobody makes money off epsom salts, so nobody will pay for the extensive, time consuming, and expensive FDA approval process, which cost the manufacturer must pay. Only manufacturers looking at a long time under patent and a high sale price can do that.

John Day
    Participant

@Mr Roboto: The video of the shooting of that mn by one or 2 police officers is here.
    Scroll down to the Osama Bin Gaulpo video. It’s better quality than some. It tears my guts out. It’s cold-blooded-murder, whether that man is still technically alive or not.I heard 7 shots with a 9 mm, all in the back of a man who posed no threat, and was moving methodically to get in his car and leave.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/wisconsin-cop-knocked-out-brick-after-shooting-portland-protesters-chant-black-power-and
    @Mr.House, “Is this real life?” regarding Democratic speaker of the house calling Republicans something like “enemies of the state”.
    Good question, brother. Is that some kind of coded call to action in this coup-of-weirdness?
    I just don’t know. It’s not a factual statement, and it is an extreme and desperate statement.
    I have been seeing acts and claims that seem increasingly extreme and desperate from the left-half of the uniparty, especially since late last year when the Russiagate thing broke.
    It looks to me like all the pieces are being put in place to declare some kind of police or military state, but I can’t tell who would enforce it. The police don’t look inclined to support Ms Pelosi, and I can’t tell about the military and deep state. I think there are several factions, with different minds.
    I doubt there is critical mass for a coup, but I am just some schmuck, watching from the sidelines, and these mo-fos surprise me all the time with shite they seem to feel is ok, now.
    I’m mainly just surprised at how overt and barely justified all the extremism and verbal brinksmanship are now. How can the elites split up the shrinking pot of spoils without killing a bunch of pawns? They always seem to kill a bunch of pawns when they take out a competing power-base and split the spoils.
    A lot have been getting paid off by China for the shunt-factories-and-secrets-to-Guangdong play.
    That play seems to be ending. It has been gutting the national interests of the US.
    It has been treasonous, within the context of a nation-state framework.
    These globalists would like to declare that framework archaic, null-and-void, before they get formally charged.
    I’m blathering of course.
    Pay no attention to me blathering behind the curtain…

Okay- I’m going try this- John Day did you find “covidisinfectant”? (I haven’t been able to post that word before.)
    btw- you are not blathering. You are thinking in print. I also don’t think you are hiding behind any curtain, are you? You seem to be a remarkably up front person.
    Sweet dreams. Everyone.

Mr. House
    Participant

@John Day

I agree with my parents said know. Very well thought up response. Is all this some sort of Hail Mary before the charges come? If these people actually get charged with some sort of treason that would be the best news i’ve heard since 2008.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.