Debt Rattle December 17 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 17 2017

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Russell Lee Shasta Dam under construction. Shasta County, California 1942   • Zombie Corporations: 10% Of Global Companies Depend On Cheap Money
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle December 17 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Russell Lee; Shasta Dam under construction. Shasta County, California 1942
    Little did we know that damning rivers was one of the opening gambits (coal being another) in the destruction of our environment/world.
    Here we are, almost 100 years later fighting tooth and nail, to continue the rape and pillage of the beautiful blue dot…
    Beam me up Scotty…please…
    I’ll not continue that pillage, honest; I’m different, really…
    I’m lying; don’t believe me, truly…

zerosum
    Participant

I found this analysis interesting.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-16/debunking-myths-about-attack-north-korea
    I looked deeper

Debunking the flagwaving myths about an attack on North Korea

I looked even deeper
    https://www.unz.com/tsaker/debunking-the-flagwaving-myths-about-an-attack-on-north-korea/
    The Unz Review: An Alternative Media Selection

A Collection of Interesting, Important, and Controversial Perspectives Largely Excluded from the American Mainstream Media

Well!!!, zero hedge, copied it.
    I suppose that this means that zero hedge is not mainstream media

Not sure where you were going with that, zerosum. ZeroHedge didn’t copy it, it was submitted by the Saker. In the same fashion that all Automatic Earth articles are. The link is at the top. And no, ZeroHedge is not MSM.

zerosum
    Participant

War with NK is hot air.
    The USA military establishment does not need a war to get money from the printing press.
    We don’t need a nuclear winter.
    Regular winters are cold enough.
    We can do without the resulting radiation to warm our appendages.

Dr. D
    Participant

I’m not sure where they’re going with the physical limits article, but it’s silly.

We only just (in regular terms) broke the 4 minute mile (1954), now it’s common. A Marathon used to be a superhuman feat that killed the runner, now it’s a bumper sticker.

Looking back, we had the Voyageurs carry 200lb of furs plus their canoe pretty much all day long. Winter, summer, whatever. Rob Roy slept nights in the snowfall in a kilt — basically a wool top sheet. Iroquois were considered examples of physical perfection, and would run a double marathon just to pass the news, then a double marathon home. Apache or African tribes are happy to run a deer to exhaustion on foot — no need for messy arrows and spears, just patient amusement. I think we’ve heard of vikings, who rowed from Oslo to Venice for summer fun, pick up a few bucks. So, anybody doing that today as common?

Looking forward, so why wouldn’t better understanding or even engineering fix some of the primary human deficiencies? Even our closest relatives can metabolize vitamin C. There are genetic examples of outliers who can simply break human limits akin to the 4 min mile. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%ADlian_Jornet_Burgada

Meet Varya Akulova, the World’s Strongest Girl

These appear to be transmissible, replicable genetic anomalies, and with gene therapy an everyday fact, it’s possible all of us could someday partake of it in some way at birth, with a pill, or most likely inevitably, by the gene being dominant.

So…what are they getting at? What’s the inexplicable addition of Global Warming to an article on genetics? Reminds me of the old quote of the patent office in 1899 “everything that can be invented has been invented.”

In this case, the motto is more “Science: Always Wrong but Never in Doubt!” You guys are literally goddamn scientists. Google it or something will ya? It’s embarrassing.

Nassim
    Participant

“Mykonos:

“And you will go to Mykonos
    With a vision of a gentle coast
    And a sun to maybe dissipate
    Shadows of the mess you made”

Dr D.

The first time I went there was in the summer of 1969. It was a bit different. The Greek/American Junta was in power and they were not very tolerant of nudism and gaydom. However, Mykonos did not follow the rules of the mainland.

There were 3 nudist beaches on the other side of Mykonos that were only accessible by small boat. They were called “Paradise Island” number 1, 2 and 3. The first was a straight nude beach, the second a male gay nude beach and the third was a lesbian nude beach. I can still remember the panic of some elderly Greek ladies when they saw what was going on beach number 2 as the boat approached. 🙂

As for me, I got off the ferry at Tinos by mistake. I could not work out why there was so little going on – it has a famous religious shrine. I found a night club on the other side of the island and some Greeks guys explained to me that I was on the wrong island. They had 4 Greek girls going to Mykonos and they asked them to take care of me. All went well and we had a great apartment and the girls insisted that I take the largest bedroom. They spoke no English. After a week, they went back to Athens and I had to move to the YMCA – but that is another story.

Nassim
    Participant

“These biological limitations may be affected by anthropogenic impacts on the environment – including climate change – which could have a deleterious effect on these limits”

I once saw a documentary about how bushmen – average height 5ft (153cm) – can outrun an antelope that was far bigger than them. They choose the hottest time of the day for the chase – 40 to 42 °C (104 to 108 °F)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_hunting

So much for blaming stuff on a false hypothesis.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.