Debt Rattle December 27 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 27 2023

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Oroboros
    Participant

Plants ABSORB CO2 and respire OXYGEN

But…mediawhores say otherwise

Oroboros
    Participant

aspnaz
    Participant

Oroboros said

Plants ABSORB CO2 and respire OXYGEN

But…mediawhores say otherwise

Think of all the carbon the roots of the trees must be collecting to build the tree. Trees are mostly carbon, hydrogen and oxygen, the latter two both as cellulose fiber and water. If what the media whores say is true, then the tree is able to find enough carbon to create 10 times the amount of CO2 that industry creates, expel it as CO2 and STILL build itself.

This is a huge discovery, even greater than the discovery of oil and coal. There is obviously a “carbon-mining” secret to trees of which we are not aware …. they are able to dig into the soil and find carbon in huge quantities almost anywhere. But hang on, this is an even greater discovery; You plant a seed in a pot and it manages to grow into a tree using not the carbon and oxygen in the air, but it somehow manages to magic the carbon out of its pot. It may end up being 10 times the size of its pot, but it is still able to find the carbon in the pot to grow itself. The carbon is obviously not in the pot when the seed is planted, so the tree must be creating carbon; a new limitless source of fuel. Wow, this is amazing.

People will still believe the MSM shite, but people are mostly stupid even when the logic stares them in the face.

aspnaz
    Participant

Sorry, that reads incorrectly, it implies that carbon is not in cellulose. Cellulose contains carbon, but the oxygen and hydrogen are both in the cellulose and in the water in a tree. I know there is lots of both, but not sure of the proportions.

davidveale
    Participant

“Cause and effect is a very reliable way of ruling out some causes of an event”

Yes, and there are a number of ways to determine cause by measuring the effects. In our case, we’re seeing a significant rise in night-time low temperatures relative to daytime highs. This indicates that the effects we’re experiencing are a result of increased heat retention rather than increased heat input.

Does this rule out the possibility of increased solar output being a factor? Nope, but it certainly points to heat retention — such as you would expect with increasing CO2 — being one of the biggest factors.

“Why CO2? It seems obvious to me that it was chosen because it is linked to human activity so there is a scam to be had. The high profile people driving this are all very rich – or backed by the very rich – and have skin in the game, they benefit from the huge waste of taxpayer money handed out as government grants in order to fix a problem that does not exist.”

I don’t disagree with you that the wealthy have chosen this issue as one of their weapons for bludgeoning and subduing the populace. Their proposed solutions are complete and utter BS. Few things piss me off more than these a**holes doing this, because so many people see it and assume that the underlying issue must also be a scam, and assume that I am either a scammer or a gullible idiot by association.

davidveale
    Participant

@aspnaz — A tree (aside from the water it contains) is primarily carbon as you state. When you burn wood, the carbon is converted back to CO2, nitrogen and phosphorous return to the atmosphere (which is why these acid forming compounds are present in smoke that’s useful for preserving meats or tanning hides), and other significant components like potassium and calcium (both base-forming compounds which lower pH — useful for everything from making soap to raising soil pH) will remain in the ash.

It’s not entirely clear to me what you’re stating, but I do know that the carbon in soil is not really utilized by trees/plants, though high-carbon soils with lots of organic matter are certainly better for tree growth due greatly improved water and nutrient availability. The only carbon available to them is that sourced from the air as CO2. They do not “create” carbon, but they can convert the atmospheric gaseous carbon to solid forms.

davidveale
    Participant

@Oroboros — seeing your post (“In searching for a new enemy to unite us…”).

It’s good to know that pollution is a scam and doesn’t really exist! (based upon what you’re implying with Mr King’s quote).

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.