Debt Rattle December 28 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 28 2018

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Berthe Morisot After luncheon1881   • Investors Fear Historic Market Rebound Was Just A ‘Wicked Bear Trap’ (MW) • US Stocks Follow Record-Breakin
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle December 28 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Berthe Morisot After luncheon1881
    Wow, I really like that painting; impressionist?
    Whatever; the detail/brush strokes are just grand; revealing every detail, and there are many…
    I could spend hours looking at this painting…

Dr. D
    Participant

The EU will accept a French budget deficit above the EU’s 3 percent ceiling in 2018 “as a one-time exception,”

The EU has always had this exception. They’ve never followed a rule in their life. Greece and Italy were included to create it on the basis of debt numbers everyone knew were false at the time, made false by handing billion-dollar profits to Goldman Sach’s derivatives department. Even Germany doesn’t follow the rules. Nor are they following their NATO commitments, nor anything else they feel like. But this is a “one time” thing. Really other than every. single. country. lying and cheating, ruining Greece, toppling the Greek and Italian PMs at will, either adding or stopping elections in Spain, Italy, or Britain, murdering a hundred thousand with their policies of profit and power, they’re Boy Scouts.

“She could preside over a “No Deal” rupture with Europe — tantamount to a declaration of economic war against the EU”

Wait – if as the EU says, Brexit is terrible for Britain, then the EU will prosper by it. How would that be an “economic war”? Unless a) this is all b——t by the author who doesn’t care but just has hyperbolic opinions, or b) cutting off Britain’s payouts to the EU and her banking WOULD hurt Europe, in which case, the EU better get themselves negotiating and stop playing chicken.

“need to boost green investment”

Varoufakis, we’re kind of busy here. We can’t bring up every trendy issue on the planet just ‘cause. We’re trying to solve Brexit. Just Brexit. That means we’re not going to create a new nation of joint government in Ulster, nor entirely re-create our parliamentary system and regionalize it with a new Constitution or something either. …But if you want to make sure nothing gets done and we end with 190 issues on the table instead of just one, that’s a great way to start.

“an out of control Capitalism.”

Sorry, how is causing human illness and economic harm, “capitalism”? Correct me if I’m wrong, wouldn’t that be an out of control government, that no longer prosecutes injury, murder, ‘arson’, and theft? That’s not “capitalism’s”, business’ job. It’s the government’s job to prosecute harm, and the people’s job to make them. You’d think they would, since they’re the ones being robbed and murdered, but since the people murdered and their families don’t care, who am I to say?

“The Poison Squad: One Chemist’s Single-Minded Crusade for Food Safety at the Turn of the Twentieth Century”

And we have that now. Except we also pay the EPA/FDA to not stop it, and have the illusion we are safe, so we don’t take caution ourselves. So if it’s the same, but costs us a lot more money, and creates fabulous well-advertised routes for bribery and corruption, are we better off, or worse?

zerosum
    Participant

“an out of control Capitalism.”

“…. but costs us a lot more money, and creates fabulous well-advertised routes for bribery and corruption, are we better off, or worse?”

WHO MAKES THE RULES?

WHO HAS ALL THE MONEY?

WHO ENFORCES THE RULES?

The consumer sleeping in a cardboard box under the overpass.

zerosum
    Participant

Was this fake news?

The Pentagon Can’t Account for $21 Trillion (That’s Not a Typo)

May 14, 2018 by Lee Camp

If the Pentagon is hiding spending that dwarfs the amount of tax dollars coming in to the federal government, then it’s clear the government is printing however much it wants and thinking there are no consequences. Once these trillions are considered, our fiat currency has even less meaning than it already does, and it’s only a matter of time before inflation runs wild.

So why can’t our government also “create” endless money for health care, education, the homeless, veterans benefits and the elderly, to make all parking free and to pay the Rolling Stones to play stoop-front shows in my neighborhood? (I’m sure the Rolling Stones are expensive, but surely a trillion dollars could cover a couple of songs.)

You can see here

https://media.defense.gov/2016/Jul/26/2001714261/-1/-1/1/DODIG-2016-113.pdf

Obviously, our government could do those things, but it chooses not to. Earlier this month, Louisiana sent eviction notices to 30,000 elderly people on Medicaid to kick them out of their nursing homes. Yes, a country that can vomit trillions of dollars down a black hole marked “Military” can’t find the money to take care of our poor elderly. It’s a repulsive joke.

seychelles
    Participant

“…So it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually, it’s a lot of fun to fight. You know, it’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right upfront with you, I like brawling.”

But only when it’s like shooting fish in a barrel. Technology can be overwhelmed when enough Lilliputians go on a rampage, or collectively forget to make their debt interest payments in a Jubilee imposed from below.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.