Debt Rattle Feb 27 2014: A Chessboard Filled With Guerrilla Pawns

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle Feb 27 2014: A Chessboard Filled With Guerrilla Pawns

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Esther Bubley for OWI “Sign on the bus route through Indiana to Chicago” September 1943 Saxo’s Steen Jakobsen looks at his data and comes up with a nu
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle Feb 27 2014: A Chessboard Filled With Guerrilla Pawns]

Professorlocknload
    Participant

” Remember that a 20% to 30% correction happens every four to five years”

Was that before QE to eternity?

Professorlocknload
    Participant

“U.S. deposit-takers invest more in the $5.4 trillion of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae mortgage bonds than in other securities because they carry little default risk,”

Humm, has anyone told them Fannie and Freddie carry only “implicit” guarantees, where Ginnie sports “explicit” ones?

If there is ever to be a .gov default, it could start with these two “F” canaries in the mine.

But, I suppose if you’re too big to fail…

koso_man
    Participant

Very interesting presentation on supply side constraints in the oil market.

The idea of peak oil isn’t as dead as presumed. Though i disagree with some of the assertions made by the presenter, its still a very worthwhile presentation.

Ken Barrows
    Participant

Koso_man,

With what do you disagree? I am curious. Looking at the Bakken tables (and the 7/3/13 TAE article), I think Mr. Kopits, if anything, may be understating the supply problem.

Raleigh
    Participant

Mish has an interesting map on Ukranian language usage (towards the end of his post). There are a lot of Russians or Russian-speaking people in the Ukraine! To quote from an email that Mish received:

“Also, one of parliament’s very first post-revolution decisions was to revoke the right of local governments to do business in non-Ukrainian languages, such as Russian. Another law has been proposed to effectively ban the broadcast or rebroadcast of television or radio from Russia. There are still other proposed bills aimed at provoking and oppressing the Russian or Russian-speaking population.”

https://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.ca/2014/02/inside-ukraine-mish-reader-who-speaks.html

koso_man
    Participant

Ken,

I think his assumption that Chinese demand will continue growing robustly is a bit optimistic. Honestly can’t see China growing in the years to come the way they have since the 90’s.

His assertion that supply constraints caused the West’s GDP growth to slow and the crisis in 08 is erroneous in my opinion. The most it could have done was exacerbate the problem but that’s all.

All in all i thought it was a brilliant and very interesting presentation nonetheless.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.