Debt Rattle February 19 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 19 2021

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    WES
    Participant

We shouldn’t forget Julian who is paying the price so joe can be in power.

WES
    Participant

We shouldn’t loose track of this fact:

Virus mutations only affect how well or poorly vaccines 0work.

Virus mutations do not affect how well vitamin D or anti-viral medications like ivermectin work!

V. Arnold
    Participant

Virus mutations do not affect how well vitamin D or anti-viral medications like ivermectin work!

Good point; important differentiation…
    Sputnik V is still the only vaccine I would consider. As time goes forward many things are becoming clear about the many vaccines.
    When all the bullshit clears it’s apparent big pharma cares only money and profit; don’t give one shit about humanity…
    The mass cull has begun??????
    I’ll be gone soon enough; my heart goes out to the youngsters just beginning their life’s journey…
    Freedom will be only for those who carefully cultivate a life of anonymity; and that will depend on parents who are aware; and even that may be but a dream/illusion…
    “Bye, bye American pie…”

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ WES & V. Arnold

All true about stoves, and I feel duty-bound to remind us what a thing of deft engineering and beautiful craft is a well-designed and well-employed wooden cookstove.

V. Arnold
    Participant

I feel duty-bound to remind us what a thing of deft engineering and beautiful craft is a well-designed and well-employed wooden cookstove.

No argument there; practical magic in everyday life…

madamski cafone
    Participant

I told someone just today that a strong immune system is like a really solid constabulary (they really do exist here and there, now and then): it won’t eliminate organized crime but it keeps it from taking over the neighborhood, and if the cops stay honest long enough (well, that too occasionally happens) organized crime hardly bothers with that hood anymore.

Today’s younguns may be the most important generation to come along since the ones that crossed the Bering Strait during the last Ice Age, poor heroic darlings.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Substitute USA for Ukraine:

“On April 24, 2019, during the online broadcast of the night of the second round of the presidential elections in Ukraine, Ishchenko outlined his vision of the main difference between the political situation in Ukraine and Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan. In his opinion, it consists in the fact that bureaucratic states were formed in these three largest post-Soviet republics, while an oligarchic republic arose and developed in Ukraine, which destroyed formal state structures during the first term of the presidency of Leonid Kuchma, and after the events of 2014 actively militarized to support the established regime by force, since there are more security officials per capita in Ukraine than in the Russian Federation. “In 2014, government bodies were finally rolled into asphalt, and now we see that various kinds of informal associations have more power than formal government structures” [10] .

“He has repeatedly emphasized in various articles and reviews the advantages of Russian society over Ukrainian (including in terms of household, communal and bureaucratic development) [11] .

“He also repeatedly noted the incredible incompetence of the Ukrainian leadership of different generations, lack of professionalism, corruption, nepotism and other negative phenomena that no one tried to overcome during all the years of Ukrainian independence.”

We are becoming the Ukraine of North America.

straightwalker
    Participant

@all re: woodstoves
    I lived in Maine for 30 years with all kinds of wood stoves. If you are considering a wood stove and have children or might rent your place, I recommend a Tempwood stove. They are top loading—a steel box with draft control on top along with a round cover over an opening large enough for good sized pieces of wood. There are no other openings. Nothing to come accidentally open. Load it and forget. No worries. Every so often you shovel out some ashes. Clean burning. Doesn’t have elegant Jotul castings.
    Now I live in a houseboat with six electric heaters. They don’t require loading & cleaning. Do require a working grid and $300 a month in the winter. Life changes. All good in different ways.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Ito Shinsui Snowy night 1923

That painting kept nagging me to say something.
    All that comes to mind is…sublime…

sumac.carol
    Participant

On the wood stove issue, as much as a quality stove can provide heating independence, the data suggest that even the best stoves are a very significant source of pollution. I’ve seen recent studies showing that such stoves are also a significant source of indoor pollution, allowing pollutants to enter the house during refilling. I live out in the country and heat exclusively with wood (very little needed due to the type of house construction) but it seems to me that allowing such appliances in urbanized areas would be very detrimental to many people. When I lived in town, there were several homes with very old fireplaces. When people put fires in these fireplaces, they would literally fill the neighbourhood with choking smoke.
    It seems there is not an easy answer, like with so many of the energy issues.

V. Arnold
    Participant

This from ZH is a facsinating look back in U.S. history circa 1930’s; could easily be today…

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/diary-great-depression-reading-modern-day-newsfeed

I think you will find it worth the effort…

phoenixvoice
    Participant

I understand that wood burning may be prohibited in some areas — but that IS my point. As a people, resiliency is not one of our values. Our economic system does not value resiliency, nor does it value the principles of conservation. When a system denies the possibility of resiliency to the people, it forces the people to be in a dependent position. When people are dependent, it is easy to extract “rent” from them. And we find ourselves in a neofeudal distopia.

Dr. D- At least for now, anyone can safely “store” gasoline in their (non-electric) vehicles.

Irish
    Participant

Someone please give Dr. D his/her own webpage. The comments attributed to Dr. D are almost as interesting as the articles themselves.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.