Debt Rattle February 24 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 24 2022

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    John Day
    Participant

John Day's Garden

John Day
    Participant

A couple of days ago Google deleted my blog and closed our email, which we have had since 2005. We were beta-testers for gmail. We have a lot of information which is majority owned by Google. The loss of access again was a wake-up. Since Google won’t say why this was done, I assume that it was a function of narrative-control AI algorithms. It was eventually restored after we jumped through Google’s AI hoops.

Doc Robinson found Johnday’s blog in the wayback machine, most of it, anyway:

https://web.archive.org/web/20220215223001/http://www.johndayblog.com/

Free-floating anxiety remains.

The email newsletter has gone out to friends since 2006, and has about 184 subscribers. “To unsubscribe, just ask” quoth the header. My bcc sends started to get blocked in spring of 2016 when I was sending out stories of Sanders and Sanders voters being disenfranchised through election rigging in the Democratic primaries, no matter how I tried to comply. That blocking stopped 3 days after the (Trump-Surprise) election, but resumed in 2018 and 2020 election cycles.

The blocking of bcc sends (over 200 seems to be strictly verboten) prompted me to start a blog as an alternative arrangement for sharing potentially useful current news and perspective, such as I could dredge up. That has mostly worked, though http://www.johndayblog.com has been shut down a couple of times, and Google does not like to take people there in searches.

The email bcc newsletter somehow gets routed to trash for a lot of people who used to see it in their inboxes. Mysterious…

There is now another option, which other bloggers who are being marginalized by mainstream media and other platforms are going to, Substack.

Tessa (fights robots) Lena likes it and encouraged me to try it out https://tessa.substack.com/

There are a lot of different functionalities I have to figure out, like the site not acccepting jpg images, just png images, which I don’t seem to have.

Jenny, a school librarian, is (patiently) helping me work on technical problems.

A benefit of the Substack platform is that people can subscribe to the blog now, which Google never made easy on Blogger, then canceled last summer.

Thank you to those who have already signed up, and “Hi” to all of you who have been getting this in your inboxes or trash for so long already.

I’ll continue both blog platforms for now, as long as the Google Blogger platform still works.

John Day
    Participant

Not talking to representatives of Donetsk and Luhansk, just shelling them, was not much of a path forward.
    Zelensky says Kiev will not pull back troops from Donbass at DPR, LPR’s request
    The Ukrainian President pointed out that Kiev was not communicating with DPR and LPR
    https://tass.com/world/1408279

​ ​Before the crack of dawn, just before explosions began in cities across Ukraine, Russian state television unexpectedly broadcast an address by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
    ​ ​The two self-proclaimed “people’s republics” of Donetsk and Luhansk, in the breakaway Ukrainian region of Donbas, which he had officially recognized as independent less than two days before, had “turned to Russia with a request for help,” he said. To answer that call he was launching a “special military operation.” Its purpose: to “demilitarize” and “denazifiy” Ukraine.
    ​ ​Within minutes, Russian missiles began hitting targets in Ukraine. “Our actions are self-defense against threats,” he told his fellow Russians, claiming Moscow had no plans to occupy Ukraine. “We do not plan to impose ourselves on anyone,” he insisted.
    ​ ​Putin described the “special military operation” in limited terms, to protect people living in Donbas who, he claimed, had been subjected to “genocide,” a charge that Ukraine has strenuously denied. But in the next breath, he lashed out more broadly: “NATO supports Ukrainian neo-Nazis … our actions are self-defense against threats.”
    ​ ​Then, in an extraordinary passage, he spoke directly to members of Ukraine’s military, at that very moment in the crosshairs of the Russian military. Addressing them as “dear comrades,” he told them they had taken an “oath of allegiance to the Ukrainian people, and not to the anti-people junta that is robbing Ukraine and abuses those same people.”
    ​ ​”Don’t follow its criminal orders!” he demanded. “I urge you to lay down your weapons and go home.”​ …
    ​ “We are ready for any development of events. All necessary decisions in this regard have been made.”
    ​ ​Putin, who for years had criticized the West for ignoring his complaints about NATO’s expansion toward Russia’s borders, was finally striking back with fury. “I hope,” he concluded his short address, “that I have been heard.”
    https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-news-02-23-22/index.html

​ There is war in Ukraine today.​ The Russian objectives have greatly expanded. It seems that there will be regime change.
    This should allow western governments to transfer their emergency powers from Pandemic to War? Thanks for finally cooperating, Vlad!
    ​ ​Now many hours into Russia’s attack that started around 5am Kiev time, it’s become clear that a full-scale ‘shock and awe’ type invasion is clearly on – which is not just limited to Donbas in the east. ​…V​ideos from on the ground show what can be described as an ongoing air war on Kiev and several other cities across the country. Tanks have also been seen speeding across Ukraine’s border from Belarus, with widespread reports that Belarusian soldiers are mounting the attack alongside Russian troops.
    ​ ​Russia’s military had announced within just a couple hours into the offensive that all of Ukraine’s air defense systems have been taken out. A massive Russian aerial presence, including fighter jets and helicopters, has been confirmed over much of the country.
    ​ ​Soon after the initial attack which also included cruise missile launches, which likely came from Russia’s Black Sea fleet, Kiev authorities cited “hundreds” of Ukrainians killed, including civilians.
    ​ ​It’s believed that much of Ukraine’s command and control military infrastructure was targeted and hit in the first wave, also as Ukraine border guards were attack, with some reports of soldiers fleeing the Russian advance. Moscow has declared safe passage for any Ukrainian soldier laying down their arms…​
    ​ ​Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov on Thursday issued comment on the scope and goal of the military objections, citing Putin’s aim of the “demilitarization and denazification” of Ukraine.
    ​ ​”Ideally, Ukraine should be liberated, cleansed of Nazis, of pro-Nazi people and ideology,” Peskov said, saying that operations would end only once these objectives have been reached. It remains unclear whether this will mean regime change in Kiev, though at this point that scenario is looking more than likely. There were early reports that President Zelensky has been offered safe passage if he leaves Ukraine.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/putins-shock-awe-war-ukraine-unfolds-dark-day-europe-many-hundreds-killed

those darned kids
    Participant

https://www.wyff4.com/article/bus-driver-polk-county-school-bus-crash-dies/39194195

guy crashes bus with kids inside for no apparent reason; two days later he dies..

another one.

John Day
    Participant

​ NATO member Latvia sends Stinger shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missiles to Ukraine. These are better at shooting down civilian aircraft and helicopters than attack drones and military attack aircraft.​ Sometimes Stinger missiles “fall into the wrong hands” on the black market.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/first-shipments-stinger-missiles-arrive-ukraine-gift-latvia

What is the rational course of action for a conscripted Ukrainian soldier?
    Russian Defense Ministry
    “According to intelligence, the Ukrainian Armed Forces’ troops and service members are leaving their positions in large numbers, dropping their weapons. No strikes are being carried out on the positions of the Ukrainian Armed Forces’ units that have laid down their arms.”
    https://thesaker.is/open-thread-special-military-operation-in-the-peoples-republics-of-donbass/

This is something Russia cannot allow. It would also take a long time, and be risky. Ukraine’s nuclear reactors are similar to its Chernobyl reactor in age and design.
    ​ ​Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky has said his nation will have every right to become a nuclear power, citing a document signed by leading world states back when Kiev agreed to get rid of Soviet nuclear weapons in exchange for security assurances.
    https://www.rt.com/russia/550040-ukraine-acquire-nuclear-weapon/

John Day
    Participant

​ ​Thanks to Stalin’s additions to the Ukraine three countries, Poland, Hungary and Romania, have claims to certain areas in the Ukraine’s western regions. If they want to snatch those up again it is now probably the best time to do so. Despite being part of NATO, which likely would not support such moves, those three will have domestic policy difficulties to withstand the urge.
    https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/02/disarming-ukraine.html

Ukraine Warns “Radioactive Dust” Could Spread Over Europe As Fighting Rages At Chernobyl Nuclear Plant
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/putins-shock-awe-war-ukraine-unfolds-dark-day-europe-many-hundreds-killed

Chinese media are strictly instructed to employ very careful narrative management and watch comments sections closely.
    China does not support “self-determination of peoples”, such as Tibetans , Uighers and Taiwanese..
    ​ ​While deepening ties with Moscow, Beijing is also cautious to avoid blowback by being seen as directly supporting a unilateral move to seize sovereignty of another nation—given the regime’s own designs in absorbing self-ruled Taiwan.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/chinese-state-media-accidentally-releases-censorship-rules-russia-ukraine-coverage

those darned kids
    Participant
    John Day
    Participant

This system is collapsing. That’s the big emergency, but it can’t be admitted. It might cause panic;​ Charles Hugh Smith
    ​ ​Organizing the entire system to serve the pathological greed of the few is best served by devaluing truth to mere opinion and causal chains to mere narratives. In this juncture of history, truth has been revealed as a chimera; there is only opinion, and all opinions are equal. Opinions are beliefs, and all beliefs are equal. All narratives are equal. All questions boil down to values: values are all equally detached, free-floating and of the same value: zero.
    ​ ​This con has reached perfection in our financial system, which is now optimized for exploitation and sociopaths. As Nassim Taleb has explained (referencing Adam Smith), markets only function if there are rules which are imposed equally on all participants. In our financial system, there are two sets of rules: one which we can summarize as anything goes for the super-wealthy and the well-connected, and another set for everyone else.
    https://www.oftwominds.com/blogfeb22/sociopaths-optimized2-22.html

​Emergency war powers could come in handy.​
    Pentagon is considering sending the National Guard to DC ahead of US Freedom Convoy protest as thousands of truckers aim to shut down 64-mile Capital Beltway
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10540163/Pentagon-considering-sending-National-Guard-DC-ahead-Freedom-Convoy-protest.html

​Did shutting down the bank accounts of people who donated legally have anything to do with this decision? “Own nothing; be happy”?​
    ​This may have been too quick of an action, with too little pretext. Trudeau revealed the globalist hand too soon.
    ​Trudeau discontinues Emergencies Act
    https://www.rt.com/news/550397-emergencies-act-end-protests/

​Doxxing of locations as well as bank accounts, now.​ Will this scare off donors, or just increase outrage?
    Google Maps Location Data Of ‘Freedom Convoy’ Donors Posted Online​
    ​https://www.zerohedge.com/political/google-maps-location-data-freedom-convoy-donors-posted-online

BoomerDoomer2
    Participant

Dr. D comment qoutation: “Only 40 percent of rural hospitals in Texas offer labor-and-delivery services, and with staffing shortages, many deliver babies only a few days a week. There are 71 counties in the state with no hospitals at all.”

A bit of humor. In the early 80’s, I represented Texaco in West Texas. I negotiated the value of Texaco properties — mainly mineral rights — with local property tax authorities or their consultants. The joke at the time was that in (the ironically-named) Loving county the population remained the same because every time a woman became pregnant, a man left the county. In 2018, the population of the county was 152…

those darned kids
    Participant

willem
    Participant

“The World Economic Forum Young Global Leaders Selection Process Explained”

I read just a few days ago that none of the members of the YGL “club” lists that fact as part of his/her CV. Couple this fact with the rigorous (and presumably competitive) selection process each of them goes through, and one has to ask why all of these who so highly regard themselves would not want to draw attention to their membership.

I doubt if I need to help along anyone’s imagination.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@willem Regarding the YGL graduates’ “modesty” . That’s a very good point.

those darned kids
    Participant
    TAE Summary
    Participant

* I don’t know what kind of a person Putin really is but he is doing a better for Russia than any recent American president has done for the US. I don’t know what Russian elections are like but they couldn’t be much worse than elections in the US. I don’t know if the attack on Ukraine is dastardly and based on lies or not but it couldn’t be any more dastardly and based on lies than the attacks on Iraq and Libya.

* Russia says it doesn’t want all of Ukraine. Maybe they learned their lesson and only want people who want to be part of Russia to be part of Russia. Managing people who don’t want to be part of your country is just too bothersome. I say let people vote as to what country/state they want to be part of. Donetsk and Lugansk can be part of Russia, Mexico can have So Cal and Idaho can have half of Oregon. Democracy, self determination and all that.

* Russia seems to be still fairly homogeneous. Diversity is our strength, so uniformity must be their weakness. We will yet raise the rainbow flag over Moscow.

* The Saudi’s aren’t dummies. They will do what is best for the Saudi’s. They can smell blood in the water. Joe Biden asks them to pump more oil as a favor. They know that the full perfidy and liability of the US government will soon mean nothing. Do people really buy the bologna about supporting a democracy half way around the world and how we should sacrifice for them? Other Presidents pulled this nonsense from a position of strength. The US is no longer a bully but a whiny bystander. Joe Biden new favorite flavor is bomb pops. He plans to send a case to Zelensky.

* So bye, bye, Miss American Pie
    Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
    Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey ‘n rye
    Singin’ this’ll be the day that I die
    This’ll be the day that I die

upstateNYer
    Participant

Dr D, your posting is not “way out on the edge.” No worries.

About hospitals – a hospital about an hour north of here had to close a few years back. Now people travel for healthcare. Must suck when you’re having a heart attack or in labor. Hard to fathom. Can’t get an appointment around here to see a doctor without waiting days (seriously, you can’t, even when you’re sick), but hospitals are closed because … not enough patients to cover operating costs? Too much skimming going on. If I remember right, that’s what happened to the hospital that closed.

Mr. House
    Participant

And this is why everything should not be on the internet, including access to your money.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/biden-presented-menu-options-massive-cyberattacks-against-russia

What we’ve found the past decade or more is that when push comes to shove, .gov will treat its citizens exactly as it treats people in other countries we invade, maybe worse. They can make trains fall of the tracks with a cyber attack, but they wouldn’t use that power in your EV car that is connected to the internet. Canada has shown us that they’ll cut you off from your money if you don’t support the policies they impose on you. Heck this was evident all the way back in the early 2000’s if you were paying attention to the countries voting on joining the EU. If i remember correctly the French rejected the EU but were then forced to vote on it again until they got it “right”. Maybe the supporters of the EU just needed the second vote so they could rig it better and get the result they wanted?

Mr. House
    Participant

Also, wouldn’t we consider a massive cyber attack an act of war?

Noirette
    Participant

Ukraine. One angle, minor.

The Russian Parliament, via a Communist initiative — Commies are the main, the most powerful, oppo to the Centrist (United Russia, Putin, etc.) Majority — pushed for the recognition of the DLPR as independent Republics, for MANY years, and the resolution was tabled for vote (again) a few weeks previous.

I saw it mentioned in a Swiss paper, the Swiss are always interested in breakaway regions, new or small countries, and non-EU countries, particularly ex-Soviet, but thought nothing of it.

Most of the World (minus N. America, and many European countries) recognises Palestine, and so what does that change for the Pals? Maybe that at some point they got their own Postal Code and their own central PO? OK.

(Previous their post was sorted / etc./ by Israeli authorities. )

The countries that recognize Kosovo are the other side of the coin, 5-eyes (minus NZ afaik?), many, most, European countries, KSA, Japan…

What has that done for Kosovars? They get to use the Euro, and are a member of the World Bank. Okey-dokey. Many over 16 with legs that move walks out (exag.) ..

It looks like the reco. of the DLPR was implemented at this point in time to fit in with other aims. Or simply because of ongoing events, the reco. had reached ‘maturity’ or ‘found a majority vote.’ (Imho.)

Wiki has an entry on the reco. of DLPR (link), it is quoting Twitter Statements!

Gobalists influencers, mobs, internet stars, wielding their powers….. A whole other topic..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_recognition_of_the_Donetsk_People%27s_Republic_and_the_Luhansk_People%27s_Republic

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Covid debacle, civilizational collapse, or Ukraine? Just trying to keep my crises straight, here. Was I supposed to be fixated on the latest skirmish in the 2 thousand years long Euro/Slavic wars, or wasn’t there something going on with my own (US) government trying to shut me up, cut me off, and kill me ASAP in some sort of pre-planned genocide?

Gimme a minute to sort that, and I’ll try to get back to ya.

zerosum
    Participant

Don’t need boots on the ground
    Also, wouldn’t we consider a massive cyber attack an act of war?

What is a worst attack than bullets and tanks? – Biden has the answer. (Sanctions. A knife that cuts both way)
    He/Biden/USA, has been doing it longer than you can remember.

If you could see the river of money flowing from the USA and allies, you would be amazed that the printing press is still working.

Who has the biggest war chest?

What society can survive the longest on a reduced diet of turnips and potatoes.

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

This Russia thinggie: … I’m watching closely markets reaction to this phlunkin’ circus. Looks like significant panic from retail investors (FOLOs), for sure, … and institutional investors? Shopping! Yes, …

The best indicator of institutional investors mood is iShares 20+ Year Treasury Bond ETF – NASDAQ: TLT. Yes, long term bond ETF. This type of ETF is misunderstood retail crowds. it’s different than bonds, … it trades like a stock. It reacts to sentiment of institutional investors, primarily. If institutional investors suspect problems (risk rising) they turn to TLT type of stock that holds highest investment grade possible – and force that ETF to go up by shopping it. Not such action today, … TLT is down today, … it’s been going down since about beginning of December last year, … indicating market risk is not much of an issue. At least not yet, …

… fwiw,

F.S.

Dr. D
    Participant

Press conference, 2:22pm. Biden surrendered. No troops or actions, not even SWIFT. That was quick; I would have lost that betting pool.

Okay now for the deeply irritating part: I can’t figure out what’s going on in Ukraine because everything every adult in the West says is a guaranteed lie. Do you see NOW why we don’t do this? Yeah, now I might need to totally be on the side of the U.S., of immediate intervention in Europe, and I’m not because you cried wolf for 80 years. At least since bombing Serajevo and some aspirin factories, but why not as far back as Chiang Kai-shek and Korea?

The first thing that comes to me? They are running the U.S. on the Russian 1917 playbook, and thus the idea is to take us down in a Communist civil war. I mean duh. That’s why they were all wearing color revolution purple back during the 2016 inauguration. That means they are at that point with us. 1917 was from Russia losing, or rather mis-prosecuting the war, which caused a break in the military and dissent at home. Sound familiar? Although their plans are off-kilter, and we are as a people and economy and a history wildly different from a medieval, serf-run, no-property Russia, put that in your hat.

Next thing? What are they attacking? Chernobyl? Oh yeah we TOTALLY want that, and not like they would set it off (again) to annoy and involve Europe in the war. No, how about this? With no F-stan, no opium airbase in Turkey, in their toppled state, the whole West and WEF psychopaths depend on UKRAINE for their multi-billion drug, people, and money laundering.

Suppose – beyond getting a hold of all the records on Hunter Biden and Trudeau family funds there – he simply SHUTS IT OFF? That is, the money laundering, the bribes to all 500 Congressmen? And EU, and Parliament, and…

But they WILL get the records. And the U.S. won’t do s—t about it. How can they? Biden’s plan shut off, split and fired the military. They can’t send the Army into the meat grinder even if they wanted. Since Biden was bluffing with crayons, had no forward material, dumped all the oil reserves, they couldn’t get there in time anyway. Not to mention Putin would take out all Nato, all the Polish bases, and drop a tsunami on the whole east coast in like 30 minutes and Biden knows it.

“I wonder if nuclear fallout can provoke heart disease, cancer, and immune system disorders.”

That had been the original 16 year plan, where HRC vowed to personally and immediately start WWIII with Russia in Syria. With an bomb exchange, high prices, decay, disorder, and then no U.S. Constitution, they’d send the U.N. to us and – later – release the CV, or some such. Then no one could distinguish the pandemic from the background health problems. This is what we’ve been saved from, much as you might not like this. That sort of plan is the same one they’ve run at every debt parabola since they first go started in like 1500.

Master blames the minion, … and takes over the minion’s authority.”

This is why evil fails. In all the cartoon tropes. Minion! “Stimpy, you eee-diot!” “It can’t be, it’s Impossible!” Why? Because they were too far from the ground and trying to decide too much. i.e. “Not a Team”. It takes a village. And the village idiot, among others, but the other weirdos too. Leave them alone, they – their existence – has more wisdom than you know. Stop helping. Stop pulling levers.

Or as Bernays told them – a guy who worked – you can’t make people do things radically out of people’s belief and will. Armstrong would say, “You can’t reverse the trend.” Or maybe, you can’t fight the Dao, the Way? The Will of Heaven? God law, if you will?

#Logos. #AntiLogos.

Well I for one am thrilled he surrendered. And I’ll look forward to seeing those laundering docs published shortly.

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

@Dr. D – can’t figure out what’s going on in Ukraine because everything every adult in the West says is a guaranteed lie.

Well, … best I can figured, using machine translation, reading Russian and Polish chatter, … sounds like Russians bombed to smithereens 74 major military installations in Ukraine, … lost one attack helicopter, … lost couple or three unmanned spy drones, … and are now done, leaving Ukrainian air space. Satisfied with the results, …

Also, rumours are floating around that Russians are installing defensive batteries and operating crews in the newly independent the two districts (S-300 and Buk-M1 missile systems).

Other than that, … translating machine says that average Russian on the street is quite happy with the results. Polacks, on the other hand, are terrified that they will be bombed soon.

F.S.

Oroboros
    Participant

World War Woke

The Rainbow Unicorn Fart Version

Here’s a hallmark card for y’all:

Just in case the world wide web goes down,
    And all we’ve written suddenly goes blank-
    The thoughts we shared -provoking smiles or frowns-
    I will recall, and so I give my thanks.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Funny how it appears that Trudope folded like a cheap suit, but has Canadada rescinded COVID “emergency powers” yet?

Besides, it worked like a treat to disband the trucker protest & put the fear of tyrants into the sheeple…

Back in “America” we’ve been under varying levels of “emergency powers” non-stop since MARCH 1933, when FDR declared a “banking holiday”, confiscated the property of ALL citizens (Ag/Au coin) & gave them paper fiat worth 57% or less in exchange.

“Emergency powers” declarations after MARCH 1933:

WWII
    Cold War
    Korea
    Vietnam
    War on Drugs
    Removing Au from U$D int’l. backing (French et al. demanding Au for repayment of debt 1971)
    Bosnia et al.
    War on Terrorism
    2008 Financial implosion?
    COVID19
    + probably a few more that I’ve forgotten

Back in 1973 Senate Report 93-549 was issued RE: War and Emergency Powers Acts.

A majority of the people of the United States have lived all of their lives under emergency rule. For 40 years [now 66 years], freedoms and governmental procedures guaranteed by the Constitution have, in varying degrees, been abridged by laws brought into force by states of national emergency. The problem of how a constitutional democracy reacts to great crises, however, far antedates the Great Depression. As a philosophical issue, its origins reach back to the Greek city-states and the Roman Republic. And, in the United States, actions taken by the Government in times of great crises have – from, at least, the Civil War – in important ways, shaped the present phenomenon of a permanent state of national emergency.

Since March 9, 1933, the United States has been in a state of declared national emergency. In fact, there are now in effect four presidentially proclaimed states of national emergency: In addition to the national emergency declared by President Roosevelt in 1933, there are also the national emergency proclaimed by President Truman on December 16, 1950, during the Korean conflict, and the states of national emergency declared by President Nixon on March 23, 1970, and August 15, 1971.

These proclamations give force to 470 provisions of Federal law [hundreds more since 1973, particularly in the Clinton administration since Jan 21, 1993]. These hundreds of statutes delegate to the President extraordinary powers, ordinarily exercised by the Congress, which affect the lives of American citizens in a host of all-encompassing manners. This vast range of powers, taken together, confer enough authority to rule the country without reference to normal Constitutional processes.

Under the powers delegated by these statutes, the President may: seize property; organize and control the means of production; seize commodities; assign military forces abroad; institute martial law; seize and control all transportation and communication; regulate the operation of private enterprise; restrict travel; and, in a plethora of particular ways, control the lives of all American citizens.

The end result of the “Special Committee on the Termination of the National Emergency” of the 93rd Congress?

The POTUS was required to report to CONgress the justification for extending “Emergency Powers” every September following…

Good thing 9/11 happened, or Dumya might not have had the wherewithal to continue TPTB looting ops 😐

Here’s a few other tidbits that have been forgotten along the way:

Mr. Speaker, we are here now in chapter 11. Members of Congress are official trustees presiding over the greatest reorganization of any bankrupt entity in world history, the U.S. Government ~ Senator James Traficant, Jr. March 17, 1993

I have never seen more Senators express discontent with their jobs …
    we have been accomplices to doing something terrible and unforgivable
    to this wonderful country … we have given our children a legacy of
    bankruptcy. We have defrauded our country to get ourselves elected ~ Senator John Danforth April 22, 1992

We are bankrupted. We are insolvent on every level of our national life, whether it is corporate, whether it is just plain you and I out there with the life of debt that we have all piled up, private debt, credit cards and what not, or whether it is the government. We are insolvent. How long will it take before that nasty Mega-truth is conveyed? ~ Senator Henry Gonzalez May 4, 1992

From my perspective operative Trudope set a legal precedent (notice how he stopped before being voted down?), that without legal controls being enacted can be used by future tyrants to protect “The Narrative” ~ FDR employed Lincoln’s precedent 72 years later.

Just another link in the chain of tyranny, with the churn moving into Cat 3, 4 & eventually 5 destructive power.

I hope I’m wrong,

Gary

Veracious Poet
    Participant

[now 66 years] s/b 89 years…

Veracious Poet
    Participant

More food for thought RE: Pharma tyranny:

Statement on the Connection Between Psychotropic Drugs and Mass Murder:

The Board of Directors and membership of the International Society For Ethical Psychology and Psychiatry send condolences to the people of Newtown, Connecticut on their horrific losses.

Our hearts go out to the parents of the children who were killed and to the families and friends of the adults who were killed. We are calling for an inquiry into the connection between these acts of mass murder and the use of psychotropic drugs.

Although the media have cited family members and acquaintances saying Adam Lanza was taking prescription drugs to treat “a neurological – development disorder”, we do not know if he was on psychotropic drugs.

But we do know that James Holmes, the Colorado batman shooter, had taken 100 milligrams of Vicodin immediately before he shot up the movie theatre

http://psychrights.org/education/GunViolenceTaskForce/130104ISEPPStatementOnTheConnectionBetweenPsychotropicDrugsAndMassMurder.pdf

RE: Cypto “money” ~ During the banking holiday the Feds et al. drilled almost all private “safety security” boxes to confiscate “illegal” Ag/Au coinage (which had been legal tender since the colonization of America), do people really think that when push comes to shove they won’t go after bitcoin as well?

upstateNYer
    Participant

Another excellent post on Brownstone, worth a read …

“With the Covid crisis, the Power Elites have gone in for the kill, seeking to deprive us all of the most basic of our freedoms, the one from which all others are derived: the right to decide what we will put into our bodies.

That so many people, especially on the left where the rhetoric of bodily sovereignty has long been used to defend a woman’s right to an abortion, cannot see the fundamental nature of the struggle we are in is nothing short of astonishing… and is, sad, to say, a tribute to the extremely well-executed nature of their propaganda drive to banalize and relativize the essential nature of the freedoms we once enjoyed.”

A Priori Science In the Service of Power

John Day
    Participant

Moon of Alabama has a good Ukraine update:
    https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/02/disarming-ukraine-day-1.html#more

The plan seems to be to a. take Kiev, b. encircle the 60,000 strong Ukrainian force that was preparing to attack Donbas c. take the coast.

A large fleet of helicopter with Russian parachuter took the Antonov / Hostomel airport some 20 miles from Kiev. They did not even bother with CNN filming them. A fleet of transport planes from Russia will soon land there and deliver more forces.

The nuclear reactors at Chernobyl have been secured by Russian troops.

The Russian Ministry of Defense claims Russian aircraft have destroyed, 83 ground targets, 2 Ukrainian Su-27s, 2 Su-24s, 1 helicopter, 4 Bayraktar TB-2 drones. One Ukrainian Su-27 has landed in Romania. The pilot was probably not interested in getting killed.

The Ukrainian air-defenses, airforce, navy, most large command and control elements and depots have ceased to exist. The moral of its ground troops will be generally low though some of the Nazi battalions may still be willing to fight.

It is not know yet how far the attack from the north has reached towards Kiev. The attack from Russian mainland is currently fighting around Kharkiv, the Ukraine’s second biggest city. The most successful attack was from Crimea as it has progressed significantly. The canal which provides water to Crimea and had since 2014 been blocked by the Ukraine has been liberated. Dnieper water is again flowing to the island.

Russia has so far only committed a relatively small ground force. More troops will follow when the first echelons make more progress. Russia has held back from using ballistic missiles and only used cruise missiles. That is probably a message to the ‘west’ that Russia could escalate if needed. There has also been little use so far of Russia’s electronic warfare elements. Internet and telephone are working in all of the Ukraine except for Kharkiv which seems to have Internet problems.

The Russian stock market is down but gold, oil and gas are up and Russia has so far lost zero money.

zerosum
    Participant

Who is cutting off their nose.

I think that I figured out the gains that Russia could obtain by taking control of Ukraine’s social/economic system.

1. Elimination of Payment to Ukraine for oil pipelines. (USA is helping by freezing banking activities.)
    2. Increase of energy prices.
    3. Lower volume of delivery of energy to EU due to accidental bombing and maintenance of pipelines
    4. Massive amount of immigration out of Ukraine imposing unbearable pressure on Poland, and NATO countries
    5. Destruction of “military gifts” from USA and other donors.

John Day
    Participant

Russian advance northward from Crimea is rapid. Dnieper river water to Crimea is turned back on.

Russian Units Advancing From Crimea Have Reached the Dnieper River

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Clown World War (Add Ukraine to the “emergency powers” list)…

Biden Administration Debates Legality of Arming Ukrainian Resistance:

Russia could make the case that the United States is a co-combatant.

Biden Administration Debates Legality of Arming Ukrainian Resistance

Nearly two-thirds of California voters, including a majority of parents, support mask and vaccine mandates in K-12 schools, according to a poll conducted this month by the Institute of Governmental Studies at UC Berkeley and co-sponsored by the L.A. Times.

https://ktla.com/news/california/california-voters-strongly-support-mask-and-vaccine-mandates-at-schools-poll/

chooch
    Participant

Maybe this has a role in what is going on.

The Western secular imagination doesn’t get this. It looks at Putin’s speech the other evening, and it describes him as mad — which is another way of saying we do not understand what is going on. And we show how little we understand by thinking that a bunch of sanctions is going to make a blind bit of difference. They won’t. “Ukraine is an inalienable part of our own history, culture and spiritual space” Putin said. That’s what this is all about, “spiritual space” — a terrifying phrase steeped in over a thousand years of Russian religious history.

https://unherd.com/2022/02/putins-spiritual-destiny/

As for Vladimir of old his lifestyle was clearly affected by Christianity. When he married Anna, he put away his five former wives. Not only did he build churches, he also destroyed idols, abolished the death penalty, protected the poor, established schools, and managed to live in peace with neighboring nations. On his deathbed he gave all his possessions to the poor.

chooch
    Participant

Kyiv

those darned kids
    Participant

Covid Vaccines: The Next Vioxx?

excellent summary of latest sad news.

chooch
    Participant

That image came from a tweet on the US embassy Kyiv twitter feed a couple days ago.

ezlxa1949
    Participant

The Ukrainian situation will be very useful in our forthcoming federal elections. The incumbent (fossil-fuelled infinite-growth) party will strongly push the “national security” angle. I await to see what the (not much better) opposition will do. Not happy.

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Quick question: Can any of you folks watch CBC The National, from outside Canada on uTube? Just curious, …

Anyway, if you can, here is link to the latest broadcast entitled, The National | Russia invades Ukraine

If you do have the access and care to view it, I would be very much interested of what’s your impression.

Thanks a bunch.

F.S.

those darned kids
    Participant

f.s.: i can’t watch the cbc inside canadada..

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.