Debt Rattle February 25 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 25 2021

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Rembrandt van Rijn The flight into Egypt – a night piece1651   • Coronavirus Deaths Worldwide Fell By 20% Last Week – WHO (F.) • Researchers Find
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 25 2021]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Rembrandt van Rijn The flight into Egypt – a night piece1651

Never saw this piece before…
    It’s interesting; many facets; the details are unique in my experience (limited as it is) but compel a deeper inspection…
    I very much like this Rembrandt…

Polder Dweller
    Participant

Even the Daily Mail is getting on the Ivermectin bandwagon, will something change now?

Drug used to treat lice and scabies drug could cut Covid deaths by up to 75%

Polder,

The article says it has been used by 100s of millions of people, but also that larger scale trials must be done. But for that then? Not for safety, that’s obvious. So why not just give people ivermectin, and see if it works? What’s there to lose?

If you read well, you see this is not talking about prophylactic use, it talks about “patients”. Also, it says it costs £50 per patient. How is that possible? It costs nothing in India.

There is of course a risk that we’ll run out of ivermectin once everyone approves it. Nah, not going to happen. Pfizer wouldn’t allow that, and neither would Fauci.

zerosum
    Participant

Anyone seen an explanation?

• Coronavirus Deaths Worldwide Fell By 20% Last Week – WHO (F.)

Yes. Someone, on TAE, has been forecasting this trend, once trump was gone and Biden would be president.
    🙂
    Also,
    Someone, on TAE, has been forecasting this trend, about the flu.

CORONAVIRUSUK: Health Authorities Announce Not a Single Case of Flu Detected This Year
    Published 2 days ago on 23 February, 2021Paul Joseph Watson
    ——
    Rembrandt van Rijn – “The flight into Egypt – a night piece 1651”
    I like this picture.
    It is and has always been happening. A world wide event since the beginning of time. The bible, ancient writings, are full of stories about people leaving their social/economic system because the sh*t has hit the fan.

All of us, here at TAE, have done/doing the same thing. (expats, immigrate, off the grid, alternate life style, preppers, etc.)
    ————
    Stay focused.
    If you are not a fed employee, you will not get the minimum wage of $15 an hour

“… raising the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour”
    ———-
    Vaccine problem.

Do the following people need the vaccine and a vaccine passport to travel?

worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Recovered:

zerosum
    Participant

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(21)00072-6

RESOURCE| VOLUME 184, ISSUE 4, P1098-1109.E9, FEBRUARY 18, 2021
    Massive expansion of human gut bacteriophage diversity

Bacteriophages drive evolutionary change in bacterial communities by creating gene flow networks that fuel ecological adaptions. However, the extent of viral diversity and its prevalence in the human gut remains largely unknown.
    Here, we introduce the Gut Phage Database (GPD), a highly curated database containing 142,809 non-redundant phage genomes derived from the analysis of 28,060 globally distributed metagenomic samples. Importantly, the GPD includes over 40,000 high-quality genomes with a median size of 47.68 kb. We use GPD to gain insight into the biology, host range, and global epidemiology of human gut phages. We uncover 280 globally distributed viral clusters, including 1 viral clade (Gubaphage) with reminiscent features to p-crAssphage. Given the high quality of the reference genomes, the database size, and the sequence diversity harbored by the GPD, this resource will greatly improve the characterization of individual human gut bacteriophages at a global or local scale.

Polder Dweller
    Participant

Nah, not going to happen. Pfizer wouldn’t allow that, and neither would Fauci.

I agree. What’s got me is how so few doctors want to step out of line and promote this stuff (John Day notwithstanding). I have a doctor friend in England who seems particularly proud to sing from the official song sheet. He thinks Whitty and Fauci have got it right and are doing a great job. He even flip-flops right along with them and doesn’t see the problem with that.

I’ve tried probing him on vitamin D, HCQ and now Ivermectin, but he’s having none of it, it’s all nonsense. He says it’s good to take D supplements but that it’s not going to make that much difference. He gets annoyed that people just want to take a pill and then get on with living their lives without changing a thing. The vaccine is the answer, he says, because it boosts the immune system whereas Ivermectin doesn’t.

He thinks people who refuse the vaccine are antisocial and should be pressured or even forced to have it. Beyond that his solution to the crisis is for people to adopt a healthy lifestyle and diet. Health passports, face masks, social distancing and lockdowns whenever necessary forever.

If I understand him correctly, he’s far from alone in this. Go figure.

John Day
    Participant

I drove over to the clinic this morning to spend a few hours cleaning up the death that winter left, but it’s not all dead. Some beets and rutabagas look like they will grow more leaves, and the Daikon raddshes are doing pretty well. The collard greens lived and the mustard greens are poised to make acomeback. I planted peppers and tomatoes. Multi-colored bush beans are planted, but not yet coming up. I’m pretty hopeful that the mandarin orange trees will live, but all of their leaves are sure dead. The pach trees have not yet bloomed.
    Just finished brunch and the weather radar says I probably won’t get too wet on the bike, so I’m going for it,… back to work, but without the dirt.
    We are herd animals, but some of us think for ourselves. That’s mostly awkward, but once in a while it might be really useful. Doctors included.
    Rogue-Bovine-John

zerosum
    Participant

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2776810?guestAccessKey=3e87dda5-1626-4a94-8716-5b73e3534d44&utm_source=For_The_Media&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=ftm_links&utm_content=tfl&utm_term=022421

Association of SARS-CoV-2 Seropositive Antibody Test With Risk of Future Infection
    Raymond A. Harvey, MPH1; Jeremy A. Rassen, ScD1; Carly A. Kabelac, BS1; et al
    JAMA Intern Med. Published online February 24, 2021.

Conclusions and Relevance
    In this cohort study, patients with positive antibody test results were initially more likely to have positive NAAT results, consistent with prolonged RNA shedding, but became markedly less likely to have positive NAAT results over time, suggesting that seropositivity is associated with protection from infection. The duration of protection is unknown, and protection may wane over time.

limited research has shown that the majority of patients who clear their infections develop serum antibodies against the virus that last for at least several months1-6 but may decline over time.7 Although it has been speculated that the development of antibodies may be associated with a decreased risk of reinfection, the evidence for this hypothesis is limited and often anecdotal.8,9 Furthermore, documented reports of reinfection in patients with SARS-CoV-2 antibodies have raised the possibility that seropositivity might be associated with limited protection against different viral strains.10-14 Individuals infected with SARS-CoV-2 may also shed viral RNA without producing live virus for 12 weeks or more after resolution of symptoms,15-20 making it challenging to distinguish reinfection from prolonged RNA shedding.

phil harris
    Participant

Hi Raul
    You ask for an explanation of the global fall in covid cases.
    This actuary has a fair analysis https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch
    I have been following this UK actuarial group for a while. They and FT have seemed very reliable about analysis in the UK and tell us about uncertainties when its needed.

best
    phil harris

Huskynut
    Participant

@phil harris
    I’m struggling to make any sense of his data.
    The most recent tweet/chart shows.. what exactly? I can’t see the axis
    The next purportedly shows ICU admissions by year, but that makes little sense:
    – the supposed 2018 rate (a bad influenza year) multiplies out for a UK population of 58 million, and over a winter period of 10 weeks to 2320 and thus a hospital admission rate of 0.004% (total over period). We assume hospital admission is generally efficacious, so some smaller percentage of that admitted population will have died.
    Yet we know from stats the death rate from bad seasonal influenza is of the order of 0.1%
    What gives?
    I suggest his quote on another tweet shows his agenda pretty well:
    “To conclude:
    Every day brings more good vaccine news, but it’ll be months (in rich countries) or years (in poorer countries) before people have these vaccines in their arms.
    Covid is not taking a break in the meantime.”

Covid BAD. Covid DANGEROUS. FEAR the COVID. Take VACCINES. Vaccines GOOD. Vaccines PROTECT you. Suspend DISBELIEF. Or else WE ALL DIE. Stay AFRAID………….

No thanks, I’ll follow other voices on this.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.