Debt Rattle February 4 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 4 2015

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DPC Carondelet Street, New Orleans 1905 • ECB Is NOT Stimulating The Economy, Its a Bank Bailout (Martin Armstrong) • If Size Matters, the ECB Is Stil
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 4 2015]

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

Careful not to miss what’s going on worldwide in the hyper-focus on Greece. A lot gets slipped in that way.

Here’s one: https://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2015/02/australia-coming-apart-at-seams.html

Australia quickly going dysfunctional. And no wonder: look at their commodity base and unparalleled housing bubble.

And of course, who cares what’s going on in Ukraine? 15 were killed in a French deli, so why bother with 1,500 recently murdered in Donbass? NATO weapons showing up, NATO mercenaries, NATO heavy artillery shells, approved NATO “trainers” by the hundreds (as per Vietnam), White House “considering” heavy offensive support, meaning humvees, APCs, anti-tank, anti-air, large artillery, etc. Nothing to see here.

Hey, Russia crippled a top US Aegis destroyer in the Black Sea for 40 minutes and made bombing runs on England with armed nuclear bombers. What’s the worst that could happen? Nothing. Because nothing bad will ever happen to us, right?

william
    Participant

I think the benefits of QE are being understated. This bond buying and maintenance of things has a side benefit. Its about maintaining the lie. Ok maybe not completely accurate it about maintaining many lies.

A concept that many have is they have the option to save for the future. What they are putting aside for retirement fits in the end into these bonds and the banks being saved by them. A failure ends a wide range of programs designed for retirement. People who think they are placing themselves in no risk retirements are connected to this failure.

I listen to many fools who believe the government has the ability to print them out of this situation which if you study economics we all should realize that is not a posibility. This is about the prevention of harm to people who acted prudently and justly deserve their retirement.

The shale oil thing is very interesting. Possibly is this a deep thought business plan called: take the money and run? Selling the only thing of value what is the purpose unless someone in management is leaving with a large amount of cash? Normal business practice is to separate the two ventures so that one is allowed to collapse without exposing the other. Is there a thought that shale oil has a large profit base left in it?

My final thought is about Greece. If Ukraine was so welcome to the EU and resources where going to be dropped that to Ukraine how was this to unfold. I have always pictured the wealth of Greece to be a whole lot grander than Ukraine. So if Greece is at the bottom of the pile and it looks like Spain is right close where exactly does Ukraine think it will sit? Why exactly does the grass in the EU look so green? If they think its so great have some of your people do a little tour of Greece and Spain cause it will be a short term before you are treated likewise.

Raleigh
    Participant

William – there’s a lot to loot in the Ukraine.

“‘Shortly before the voting in Kiev, President Poroshenko signed a decree granting Ukrainian citizenship to the three foreign-born candidates. He said the dire economic situation meant Ukraine had to look for people outside the country with experience of dealing with “systemic crises.”

Valeriy Voshchevskiy, deputy prime minister for infrastructure and ecology, said he wanted to privatize state holdings such as the railway and road-building monopolies.’

This is where American financial oligarchs will get paid. It’s all about looting at the end of the day, as always.”

Made in the USA – How the Ukrainian Government is Giving Away Citizenships so Foreigners Can Run the Country

I believe Joe Biden’s son now has interests (translation: looting) in Ukraine. Beautiful agricultural lands and lots of fracking opportunities to be bought on the cheap.

I don’t believe it’s ever a matter of whether citizens want to join the EU or whether they want to join in on trade deals (like the Trans Pacific Partnership or the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership). It always comes down to whether they want you – whether the vested interests see opportunities to rape your country. If they do, you’re in, whether you asked to be or not.

The world at present is truly being run by sociopathic thinkers where money and business deals trump sovereignty and people just get thrown under the bus.

Greenpa
    Participant

I do, daily, shake my head in disbelief at the “financial news” industry. If you ever needed proof that H. sap is not a rational animal; here is blindingly obvious evidence. Day after day; they “identify trends” – which have been trends for – 2 days?? And “causes” for market movements – that are completely transparent nonsense.
    https://in.reuters.com/article/2015/02/04/markets-stocks-usa-idINL1N0VE0SW20150204

The “exposé” waiting for any enterprising grad student, is how much MONEY is spent on creating and publishing these daily financial horoscopes; how much is spent on subscribing to them, and how much time is utterly wasted in this fashion.

The totals have to be VAST; billions down a black hole; with no returns; ever. The belief systems primitive on an exact level with John Frum cults. And you need a degree from Harvard Business to participate.

What absolute ninnies these mortals be.

E. Swanson
    Participant

Last year, as the situation in the Ukraine began to boil, I read a book called “Lost Victories” by Field Marshal Erich von Manstein, who for a time commanded the southern end of the Russian campaign of WW II. He made it abundantly clear that the main reason the Germans lost in that effort was Hitler’s insistence on running the war, micromanaging the generals in ways which ultimately led to the defeat by the Russians. Perhaps the best example was the siege of Stalingrad, where Hitler refused to withdraw the German army because he wanted to hold the territory, especially that which was named for Stalin. There were numerous other examples of such bad tactical and strategic direction, which led several high ranking officers to rebel and attempt to kill Hitler. Hitler was a gifted politician, but his military abilities were clearly lacking. Not to ignore the Russian’s resistance and sacrifice which led to ultimate victory, if Hitler had listened to his generals, we might all be speaking German today…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.