Debt Rattle February 4 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 4 2022

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    John Day
    Participant

@D Benton Smith: Thanks, good analysis. “It can’t happen Here!” (Zappa/Mothers, Freak Out)
    There is resource and fuel depletion, too.
    The financial system is about to fall-down-and-can’t-get-up and nobody but the Russians and Chinese can agree on an alternative…
    The people who can MacGyver stuff with duct take and baling wire might do so. Vegetable gardeners with bags of beans, rice, cooking oil and some salt might get by. I’m trying to be those things.

@WES
    : I don’t quite know what to hope, but one of the paths for the trucker’s strike/camp-out to be successful would be failing-to-die in the face of massive state force.
    Police looking the other way, and/or not chasing citizens with groceries down very hard would be good.
    People being inspired to find ways to help and participate is one good path.
    Bringing in the military, imprisoning everybody and stealing all their trucks is another path which might turn the people against “their” government, or at least force them to see it as it has become.
    That would be a harder way.
    The essential step, generally, in power changes, is for the enforcers to change sides, the police and army. I guess the Mounties flipping would do it.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@JohnDay

My Dad used to say that a day spent fishing does not subtract from one’s allotted span. He was right, but a day working in the garden stretches your span by at least a week.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

You make a good point, but since I’m only about the same smart as, say, half of them (“which half?” you might ask ) why should I let any of them off the hook? They can torture their innocent brain cells just like I had to. If they don’t wanna then it’s all on them.

I do (let any of them off the hook), not a luxury to be poisoned by resentment/hate for such a large & omnifarious collection of misfits 🙂

Father forgive them, they know very little & are good for nothing…

Sorry, got nothing on the derp’er bowl, bread & circuses have no -0- appeal to me…

Have a great weekend,

Gary

John Day
    Participant

Whoopi Goldberg’s statement aligned with ADL definition of racism, was “correct”, until ADL changed their definition of racism and denounced her.
    https://www.rt.com/news/548257-adl-racism-definition-switch-whoopi/

The organization had initially changed its definition of racism in 2020 following months of Black Lives Matter demonstrations, quietly redefining the term in what appeared to be a response to the movement to mean “the marginalization and/or oppression of people of color based on a socially constructed racial hierarchy that privileges white people.” …
    …The (new) switch coincided with actress and talk show host Whoopi Goldberg being suspended from ‘The View’ for two weeks after she insisted the Holocaust was not about race, instead suggesting it was a struggle between “two white groups of people.” She was criticized not only by her fellow hosts, but by the ADL itself, despite its own definition of racism at the time suggesting it was a crime of which only white people could be guilty.

Technically correct, but politically incorrect… Punishment was immediate and public.

John Day
    Participant

@D Benton Smith: There are limits to all life-extension techniques, of course…
    🙂

those darned kids
    Participant

“There are limits to all life-extension techniques, of course…”

that’s what you think!

those darned kids
    Participant

“I guess the Mounties flipping would do it.”

much more likely the police and/or military would flip.

the mounties are pure establishment.

WES
    Participant

I see Trudeau successfully managed to seize the $10 million GoFundMe money away from the truckers. No refunds to donars either. Sick.

WES
    Participant

TDK:

Sadly, the RCMP are now just like the FBI. Totally corrupt.
    They are there solely to protect Trudeau from us.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@VeraciousPoet You invoked , ” Father forgive them, they know very little & are good for nothing…”

That’s a good one. Inspires me to toss out a variation on the same theme, something like, “Father forgive them because they will always be too dim to notice, either way.”

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@John Day reminds us that , “There are limits to all life-extension techniques, of course… 🙂”

True, but when that day comes I want to be in the garden at the time. Just compost me right there on the spot, like one last shot of organic Miracle-Gro .

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Lifting a comment from JMG’s weekly Covid post:

Hi, all. For those who are not spending all day watching Rebel News or flipping among the dozen or so Facebook groups that are dedicated to the phenomenon that is happening in Ottawa/across Canada/across the world, here are a select few notes:

1 – Freedom is becoming infectious across Canada: convoys are planned in every major city in the country (and especially provincial capitals) tomorrow (Saturday). There are thousands and thousands of truckers who cannot go to Ottawa, but want to demonstrate their alliance with their brothers and sisters in Ottawa.

2 – Farm equipment is on the move all over the country, to Ottawa, Toronto and every major city, to show their allegiance with the Convoy

3 – Many thousands of trucks are still headed from across the country to Ottawa – I suspect many will be arriving over the weekend.

4 – People from elsewhere in Ontario and Quebec (the provinces where the split city of Ottawa-Gatineau is located) have been flooding in throughout the week providing everything imaginable for the truckers. There is a conspicuous presence of immigrants from Eastern Europe who absolutely abhor the mandates and are willing to passionately fight for the freedoms that they fled to Canada for. Some Chinese immigrants too – and those whom I have seen are insanely emotional about it all. Big crowds are expected this weekend in Ottawa: estimates range between 1 and 3 million persons.

5 – While 1,500 extra police have been called in for the weekend, the occupiers are erecting their own defences – bouncy castles for the thousands of little kids who will be joining the celebration.

6 – Lots of Canadians have become emboldened to go into stores maskless (to readers out of Canada this may seem silly, but I’ve got to say ‘you’ve gotta be here to get it’) and post their photos on Facebook. Their experience is ecstatic. I compare it to the tearing down of the Berlin Wall – except this is the wall on our faces.

7 – Highschool kids are getting into the act. Large numbers of ‘seniors’ pledge to never wear a mask again and walk into school willing to take the risk of being expelled. They are so ‘done’ with masks. There are plans afoot for next Friday (Feb 11) being maskless in all schools in the province of Ontario regardless of the mandates.

8 – The spirit in Ottawa continues to be one of love and unity. And not just in the abstract. The best example that I have seen today is a report from a woman in Ottawa who had a heck of a time ‘keeping it together’ while describing what she saw: https://www.facebook.com/brandie.gedang/videos/660436955297606
    For those who are averse to videos, I have transcribed selected parts of it below:
    … a man pulled up beside me with Saskatchewan [licence] plates… and he asked me, “Did you seen that Antifa was here yesterday?” and I said, “No, I haven’t seen any of that”… and he said, “Ya, there was a couple, and one man in particular started harassing one of the ladies who was in their group and was getting in her face, so he stepped in and the Antifa guy said that he really didn’t like the lady’s sign. So, the gentleman stepped in front of him and said, ‘You know, we’re not here for that, we’re not here for anger or violence; we’re here for love.’ So, he said to the guy, ‘we’re not going to engage in a fight with you, but if you’d like, I’ll give you a hug.’ The man said, ‘no, absolutely not’ and he got really angry at the trucker”… “The man who was telling me this said that he noticed that the Antifa person was shaking and freezing cold. So he took off his gloves and handed them to him [i.e., the Antifa person] and he said, ‘Here, your hands are cold’. And another man took off his jacket and handed to him and said, ‘Here, warm up’. And the Antifa man stopped and looked at them and asked, ‘Why are you doing this for me?’ and they said, ‘Because it’s about love, not hate, and we refuse to hate you’. The man gave back the jacket and the gloves, hung his head and walked away.”

I am sure that a certain Archdruid Emeritus is taking good notes while all this is happening and will likely write something utterly brilliant in the future. As for me, I am reminded of Dion Fortune’s Cosmic Doctrine and am thinking that the truckers and their following have used the mandates not as a “thrust block” to propel themselves but actually a whole staircase of thrust blocks – each mandate being a separate block – and using it to soar incredibly high above all the negativity that the government, its handmaiden the media and the numerous agent provocateurs that they have employed in attempt to derail the process.

We are all blessed to be experiencing this spontaneous eruption of humanity’s highest values. I could easily write a few thousand more words about today alone and still just scratch the surface of the incredible phenomenon that continues unabated. But I have gone on way too far already.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@Wes you reported, “I see Trudeau successfully managed to seize the $10 million GoFundMe money away from the truckers. No refunds to donors either. Sick. ”

Yes, and a stunning act of financial suicide like we haven’t seen since Bernie Sanders confessed. Seriously. No one will EVER trust that company with their money again. Thousands of clients will flee so fast we’ll hear the thunder clap, followed by the resounding THUD of their stock price impacting the floor and staying there. The company AND its shareholders lose tens of millions immediately, and hundreds of millions when the lawsuits hit. GoFundMe is OVER.

On the other hand, the truckers chould have done a little better “due dilligence” before signing on. Based on it’s ownership [the venture capital group Accel (a rather transparently CIA front that funds all sorts of nasty stuff and Blackstone (need I say more?) ] GoFundMe is rather obviously the creature of the so-called “intelligence community” and Big Tech elements of the Davos crowd. The Freedom Convoy going to GoFundMe is like a virgin going to a brothel for career advice. It’s more than a little likely that the choice was guided by an actual agent imbedded somewhere close to the top of the convoy’s organizers.

In other words, the elites think it was worth HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to make even a small dent in the Freedom Convoy . And even that backfired. Sheesh, such incompetence.

Not to even mention that the PR, political and financial damage to Canada’s “controllers” can only be measured in billions of dollars per day. Typical clown work.

The convoy ain’t no mid-range hemorrhage. It’s a Code RBC sliced jugular . If they lose this one they lose, and they know it. Full stop. Of course they’ve known they are going to lose for weeks now.

glossary : Code RBC mean “Run! Bleeding Crisis”

D Benton Smith
    Participant

spelling correction: “Bernie Sanders” should read Bernie Madoff .

Sorry about the Freudian slip . Bernie Sanders will NEVER confess.

those darned kids
    Participant

please read: https://maybury.ca/the-reformed-physicist/2022/02/03/a-night-with-the-untouchables/

I live in downtown Ottawa, right in the middle of the trucker convoy protest. They are literally camped out below my bedroom window. My new neighbours moved in on Friday and they seem determined to stay. I have read a lot about what my new neighbours are supposedly like, mostly from reporters and columnists who write from distant vantage points somewhere in the media heartland of Canada. Apparently the people who inhabit the patch of asphalt next to my bedroom are white supremacists, racists, hatemongers, pseudo-Trumpian grifters, and even QAnon-style nutters. I have a perfect view down Kent Street – the absolute ground zero of the convoy. In the morning, I see some protesters emerge from their trucks to stretch their legs, but mostly throughout the day they remain in their cabs honking their horns. At night I see small groups huddled in quiet conversations in their new found companionship. There is no honking at night. What I haven’t noticed, not even once, are reporters from any of Canada’s news agencies walking among the trucks to find out who these people are. So last night, I decided to do just that – I introduced myself to my new neighbours.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

As I finally made my way back home, after talking to dozens of truckers into the night, I realized I met someone from every province except PEI. They all have a deep love for this country. They believe in it. They believe in Canadians. These are the people that Canada relies on to build its infrastructure, deliver its goods, and fill the ranks of its military in times of war. The overwhelming concern they have is that the vaccine mandates are creating an untouchable class of Canadians. They didn’t make high-falutin arguments from Plato’s Republic, Locke’s treatises, or Bagehot’s interpretation of Westminster parliamentary systems. Instead, they see their government willing to push a class of people outside the boundaries of society, deny them a livelihood, and deny them full membership in the most welcoming country in the world; and they said enough. Last night I learned my new neighbours are not a monstrous faceless occupying mob. They are our moral conscience reminding us – with every blow of their horns – what we should have never forgotten: We are not a country that makes an untouchable class out of our citizens.

ctbarnum
    Participant

Turdeau begging the military to go into Ottawa, and like the tow truck drivers, said nope.

https://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2022/02/military-tells-ottawa-to-find-someone-else-to-evict-the-truckers-3617891.html

Windlesham
    Participant

First, an update on my situation personally, it has been awhile. I live in the nation’s capital, and reside about 1km from the parliament buildings in Ottawa. I monitor TAE regularly but post infrequently. My wife is a registered nurse at a long term care home, out on leave since October 12th. Her Employment Insurance claim was denied after 109 days of review (as expected), on the basis that her refusal to receive a vaccine, with a complete lack of long term safety data, under coercive threats of loss of employment, constituted misconduct.

I work for a Crown corporation and therefore fall under the federal mandate. On Monday, February1st I was informed that I would be placed on leave without pay unless I receive a first dose by March 1st. Needless to say I will be walking into the red zone and spending some time with the fringe minority this weekend. And btw I am a racist, misogynistic extremist.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

@ctbarnum: Sorry, I’m going to need confirmation before believing that story from a more credible source than a lowbrow political clickbait site. (And both the political left and right have way too many of those, these days.)

Noirette
    Participant

WES, thx for the update.

Windlesham, best of luck, hold the line …

TAE Summary
    Participant

World History
    World History

TAE Summary
    Participant

World History
    World History

TAE Summary
    Participant

World History
    World History

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.