Debt Rattle January 11 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 11 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    jb-hb
    Participant

Some stuff about GPTChat/GPT3 – PART 2 of 4

In the takeover/implosion of the LATOC forums which happened IIRC, perhaps in 2012, we had an influx of new people starting in perhaps 2010, all around the same time, all promoting the entire basket of wokeist tenets – Planetary Meltdown, gender, feminism, etc etc. All doing the Alinsky Rules for Radicals playbook – push into the crowd, spread out, and yell “We ARE The Crowd!” They would organize on Facebook and then dogpile targeted old-time members, one by one.

I’ve wondered why they left me mostly alone – maybe because, at the time, if someone refered to Marx derisively out of hand, I’d tend to say “hey at least Marx was Working The Problem.” and I tended to argue with Internet Ayn Randites. And I was an annoying, argumentative atheist. (I AM sorry now) I really don’t know though.

They seemed to run little experiments. For instance, one of the newcomers advised us all to mix up an industrial grade floor cleaner in a bucket, add vitamin C, and drink it. As a ground-breaking health remedy, good for when you are sick or a daily preventative. Other newcomers chimed in “Oh yes, I will definitely do that.” and “Yes, it’s great, I’ve been drinking it 3x a day for the past week already!” Taking a dangerous “health remedy” because everyone else is doing it and thinks it is great. The first time I made a comparison between the events on a peakoil forum in 2012 and events in 2022, I felt like someone walked over my grave. It takes on the appearance, to me, of a teeny tiny practice run. But then everything is coincidence so nevermind.

(we know that experiments have been run in sandbox video game environments – such as a plague on a large World of Warcraft server)

An interesting sub-plot to this was – if a forum member became particularly frustrated, they would often delete their own forum account. Creepily, they would reappear weeks or months later under the same exact forum name, but with somewhat altered opinions and communication style. But with the cache/weight behind them of a long time forum member.

I discovered that it was possible to create a brand new account under an old forum-member’s name, provided they had deleted it. This is an incredibly primitive version of what seems possible now. Isn’t it interesting, the push for everyone to have a unique Internet Identity ssn type thing?

Jordan Peterson says that GPTChat, at his request, wrote an entire new 13th chapter to his 12 Rules For Life in his own style and that in terms of quality and even style, HE can’t tell the difference between GPTChat and himself. What’s to stop me from being denied internet access, and for a persona that convincingly acts like me to start shilling whatever the AI creator would like – under my unique Internet Identity, proving it is me?

I remember back around 2007, in LATOC, we were talking about various intelligence agencies, the US Air Force, etc, having software that would help a single person have the “leveraged” presence of 100 online. I’m sure all those programs are more sophisticated and powerful now. And there’s probably AI assist versions. And why not AI programs running with just a little human supervision? Surely the GPTChat we are being shown is 10 year old tech? 15?

How easy was it for a crowd of people to show up and Be The Crowd, destroy LATOC? Was it even a crowd or just one or two software-leveraged individuals? How much easier and cheaper would it be NOW for 20, 50, 500, 1000 instantations of GPTChat to show up and do the same?

What’s to stop, starting this second forward, every book, audiobook, tv appearance, and internet appearance that SEEMS to be Jordan Peterson from being a masquerading AI? Given the suite of available technologies?

I see no specific reason why right now, each of us can’t find ourselves in a detailed online discussion with multiple participants in which we are the ONLY human being.

And I don’t mean, with any of this speculation, to declare what I think specifically will be done with AI, but to suggest the possibilities by comparison with relatively crude tools. Incredible subtlety becomes possible as well as power. Endless experiments with infinite shading of criteria become possible.

The worst problem I see arising from this:

I think a lot of libertarian/pro-capitalism types tend to rail against bureaucracy as the opposite of capitalism, failing to see that it’s the same exact strengths (individual human beings exercising intelligent choice/action) that make it both useful and effective.

A healthy bureaucracy has individuals at the bottom couple rungs implementing the system. If there is something stupid, destructive, unfair, the individual human beings perceive this and soften the system, take a different path, stop rather than triggering some undesirable effect, make an exception, etc.

Only when morale is destroyed in the lower echelons OR when people at top attempt to establish complete control over minutia does the system stop being useful and transform into a torture device. And what difference is there between establishing control over minutia involving people or control of minutia while removing those people?
    (continued in 3 of 4)

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@phoenixvoice

We’re starting to sound like our parents and grandparents. They even told me this would happen. Oh, the irony!

Oroboros
    Participant

@DBS

We both had the honor of witnessing the .19¢ hamburger. It’s wasn’t just MacDonalds, there waere a number of burger joints popping up in the day and they had to match the low price.

The 2023 listed price for The Classic McDonald’s Burger, no frills, is $1.59

An 8.3% increase.

This does not mean it weights the same or is the same quality of meat.

Oroboros
    Participant

8.3 times increase

jb-hb
    Participant

Stuff about GPT Addendum

Just to put what I see as a algo war into more concrete, less wishy washy terms, perhaps it works like this

Algo #1 – looks for things to de-rank, shadowban, or deplatform

Algo #2 – looks for human-generated content to uprank or make viral

Algo #3 – probes Algo #2, susses out its criteria

Algo #4 – goes out and finds human generated material that Algo #2 loves but carries a poison pill of some kind

And of course you certainly COULD create something from scratch to appeal to Algo #2. I bet it gets done all the time.

A meme is created the moment the text and image are put together and not before. Who created the Ghost of Kiev MEME and how did it initially gain traction, go viral? It certainly SEEMS like it was given a boost by pro NATO entities.

The Sam Hyde inside-joke meme is great of course. Like a prominent hill on a battlefield. A mature Algo-war wouldn’t take existing meme-structures into account?

It was just too perfect. The Ghost of Kiev craze – I waited in line at the grocery store next to people wearing, unironically, Ghost of Kiev T-SHIRTS for crissake – to be followed, with perfect timing by the Sam Hyde meme, enjoying initial virality (?) followed by perfectly timed debunking-deflation-implosion.

If it was organic, that’s awesome and hilarious. The timing was PERFECT though and fraught with political overtones. On an issue that massive manipulation and monitoring must have been aimed at. Looking at the continual “revelations” from Twitter, how does this shit get through without some sneakiness?

Idunno. I still suspect it is an example of the complex I am talking about – humans, software-assist, and AI. Which, looking at the tip of the iceberg, GPT, could turn into a flurry of AIs & Algos engaged in memetic judo. If that isn’t already happening.

Oroboros
    Participant

Oroboros
    Participant

phoenixvoice
    Participant

GPTChat, AI, algorithms…

Which returns humans to face-to-face, in-person communication being the only medium that we can have confidence in — not that humans are always honest in person, however, our minds have developed over millennia to be able to function with other humans in face-to-face interactions, which means that our innate bullshit detectors — while certainly not flawless, and capable of misdirection — work at their best in that environment.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

“Injected by a licenced piercer.” [from video above]

‘The Scorpion has achieved unique results in the destruction of Airstrip Five.’

But hang on a minute, isn’t The Scorpion supposed to strengthening Airstrip Five? -as a supplier of fiat currency for money-laundering, as a supplier of uninformed idiots to provide ‘assistance’, and as a supplier of outdated weapons to send to the battlefront with Eurasia.

Now I’m really confused, as everything economic, financial, social, environmental and political goes superfast down the sewer created by agents of the City of London, the WEF and other evil looters and saboteurs who infest the ‘corridors of power’ in London, Washington, Brussels, Ottawa, Canberra and Wellington. Not forgetting the utterly dysfunctional and completely compromised ‘United Nations’, which failed to live up to its own charter within one year of being established.

Interestingly, the massive storm systems that are the product of severely overheated oceans caused by the trapping of gazillions of Joules of heat energy that is caused by the massively high atmospheric CO2 levels have given Airstrip Five its worst pounding ever over the past week: road and bridges washed away and mud and debris ‘everywhere’.

Undoubtedly there are still TAE participants who will continue to insist that 420 ppm atmospheric CO2, 190 ppm above the recent 800,000-year average of 230 ppm, and rising ta the fastest rate in geochemical history, is nothing to do with carnage that we are witnessing, and that data from eons ago, when the Earth had not been fucked-up by industrial humans, still applies.

Interesting times get more ‘interesting’ by the day.

Just what will Big Brother do, when news starts to leak through the censorship and control systems that yet another war engaged in by The Party has been lost?

Start another war in a different location?

The trouble for Big Brother and The Party is that it takes energy and resources to fight wars, and Oceania is scraping the bottom of the barrel on both counts..

So that leaves even bigger lies and even more propaganda as the only option for The Scorpion and its colleagues.

I played bridge yesterday. Made 7NT on a 6NT contract. And the sacrifice bid of 4S over opponents’ 3NT resulted in making 5S because partner had a complimentary void -facilitating nine cross ruffs!

It is sad that there are people who still think that if only National were to be put into power instead of The Scorpion’s LINO (Labour In Name Only) party matters might improve for the proles living on Airstrip Five. Where does one start? when they have been indoctrinated from birth and still believe most of the lies generated by The Empire of Lies.

Oh what fun! My [bridge] partner had a copy of ‘Putin’ -which she said she hadn’t read. 800 pages. Published 2022.

“My hero,” I declared.

I haven’t been arrested yet.

Oroboros
    Participant

jb-hb
    Participant

You should probably take into account The Boy Who Cried Wolf in your weather related arguments.

20+ years of hysterical refences to weather events showing us on a road to planetary death along with 20 years of constant “Fools, we’ve abandoned that as proof, therefore it turning out to be NOT proof or even DISproof isn’t a disproof of our beliefs at all”

Like that episode of Sienfeld where he makes a bet with Kramer that he won’t build levels into his apartment. Then Kramer later says “No, I decided not to build levels after all” but won’t pay up, while sienfeld keeps saying “Bro, THAT’S the bet”

Sick of it.

jb-hb
    Participant

Afewknowthetruth – Thought Experiment for you

A hostile alien race makes a giant heat laser. They aim it at the earth and fire, heating the Earth up by EXACTLY the amount you are warning human-generated CO2 will do.

What happens next please?

A. Planetary Meltdown ensues
    B. Nothing. Insufficient quantities of CO2

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

‘Which returns humans to face-to-face, in-person communication being the only medium that we can have confidence in — not that humans are always honest in person, however, our minds have developed over millennia to be able to function with other humans in face-to-face interactions, which means that our innate bullshit detectors — while certainly not flawless, and capable of misdirection — work at their best in that environment.’

That is well worth repeating, especially now that all the fakery that the Empire of Lies has been using is being exposed as fakery.

Difficult times lie ahead for those who do not know how to communicate with other humans face-to-face, the Age of Screens coming to an end mighty fast.

I see that Lake Mead is not only at its lowest level ever for the time of year but is also falling at a time of year when it has risen in the past.

Will the electricity supply to much of the southwest US be terminated later in 2023?

http://graphs.water-data.com/lakemead/

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

‘Undoubtedly there are still TAE participants who will continue to insist that 420 ppm atmospheric CO2, 190 ppm above the recent 800,000-year average of 230 ppm, and rising ta the fastest rate in geochemical history, is nothing to do with carnage that we are witnessing, and that data from eons ago, when the Earth had not been fucked-up by industrial humans, still applies.’

Sure enough. jb,hb is straight in with the bullshit. No opportunity to post bullshit is missed!

jb-hb
    Participant

Afewknowthetruth – The Man Who Hated Ad Hominem

jb-hb
    Participant

Anyone notice the reports that Lake Mead was being actively drained to fill other dam systems? Weird, huh. Why would they do that?

jb-hb
    Participant

‘Which returns humans to face-to-face, in-person communication being the only medium that we can have confidence in — not that humans are always honest in person, however, our minds have developed over millennia to be able to function with other humans in face-to-face interactions, which means that our innate bullshit detectors — while certainly not flawless, and capable of misdirection — work at their best in that environment.’

“That is well worth repeating, especially now that all the fakery that the Empire of Lies has been using is being exposed as fakery.

Difficult times lie ahead for those who do not know how to communicate with other humans face-to-face”

Churchill’s bit about “May I say, across the havoc of war”

I completely agree. That DOES cut right to the heart of the matter for all of us.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Interesting. Yet to be confirmed, but there are whispers of the UkoNazis losing 25,000 soldiers in the unsuccessful defence of Soledar.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

The [fake] business model is now broken

zerosum
    Participant

LOL
    Rep. Politician Santos Won’t Resign For Lying.

John Day
    Participant

Since I couldn’t upload any Substack links yesterday, I’ll try just my blog link first: “Owning The World”

Tried – Faile Gapping between “dot” and “com”
    https://drjohnsblog.substack. com/p/owning-the-world

John Day
    Participant

That worked, but Substack is still a forbidden-domain…

Beardless boys to catch Russian bullets and shrapnel for NATO. Pictures of Ukrainian boys leaving for war.
    ​ ​Children of Azov Conscripted to Die

​ ​For the civilized, the idea that children as young as 13 or 14 should be used as Russian bullet stoppers (and this is precisely what they are) is barbaric and inhumane, something usually found among the warring tribes of sub-Saharan Africa.
    ​ ​The Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the involvement of children in armed conflict states that warring parties “shall take all feasible measures to ensure that members of their armed forces who have not attained the age of 18 years do not take a direct part in hostilities.”

Children of Azov Conscripted to Die

​ Soledar has 186 miles of vast salt-mine tunnels, which have been used for weapons storage since WW-1. Soledad has been taken by Russia’s Wagner mercenary group. Bakhmut is a bloodbath and a critical point for supply to Ukrainian troops at the Donbas front. It is expected to come under Russian control soon. Inside Ukraine’s 120+ Mile Salt Mine Tunnels Just Captured By Russia’s Wagner Group
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russias-wagner-touts-major-victory-over-salt-mining-town-donetsk

Poland, the next Ukraine?
    The Polish military will create a new infantry division equipped with state-of-the-art hardware in the eastern part of the country, Poland’s Defense Minister Mariusz Blaszczak has said…
    ..According to the minister, the division will comprise four brigades, separated into four battalions. A division is a military formation, consisting of between 6,000 to 25,000 troops.
    The new forces will be armed with US-made Abrams and South Korean K-2 tanks, locally-made Krab and Korean K-9 howitzers, as well as reconnaissance drones, he said…
    ..“We know who threatens us and where… For Poland, the main threat is Russia and its imperial tendencies. That is why more troops are needed in the east of the country and that’s why a new division is being set up,” https://www.rt.com/news/569648-poland-defense-infantry-division/

Pepe Escobar, The failed coup in Brazil is the latest CIA stunt, just as the country is forging stronger ties with the east.
    A former US intelligence official has confirmed that the shambolic Maidan remix staged in Brasilia on 8 January was a CIA operation, and linked it to the recent attempts at color revolution in Iran.
    On Sunday, alleged supporters of former right-wing President Jair Bolsonaro stormed Brazil’s Congress, Supreme Court, and presidential palace, bypassing flimsy security barricades, climbing on roofs, smashing windows, destroying public property including precious paintings, while calling for a military coup as part of a regime change scheme targeting elected President Luis Inacio “Lula” da Silva.
    According to the US source, the reason for staging the operation – which bears visible signs of hasty planning – now, is that Brazil is set to reassert itself in global geopolitics alongside fellow BRICS states Russia, India, and China…
    ..The same old CIA playbook though remains at work. It still boggles the mind how easy it is to subvert Brazil, one of the natural leaders of the Global South. Attempted old school coups cum regime change/color revolution scripts will keep being played – remember Kazakhstan in early 2021, and Iran only a few months ago…
    ..The future, unfortunately, is ominous. The US establishment will not allow Brazil, the BRICS economy with the best potential after China, to be back in business with full force and in synch with the Russia-China strategic partnership.
    Straussian neo-cons and neoliberals, certified geopolitical jackals and hyenas, will get even more ferocious as the “G7 of the East,” Brazil included, moves to end the suzerainty of the US dollar as imperial control of the world vanishes. https://thesaker.is/why-the-cia-attempted-a-maidan-uprising-in-brazil/

​ ​Top Marine General In Japan Bluntly Describes US Is “Setting The Theatre” For Future War With China​
    ​ “Why have we achieved the level of success we’ve achieved in Ukraine? A big part of that has been because after Russian aggression in 2014 and 2015, we earnestly got after preparing for future conflict: training for the Ukrainians, pre-positioning of supplies, identification of sites from which we could operate support, sustain operations,” he said.
    ​ ​”We call that setting the theatre. And we are setting the theatre in Japan, in the Philippines, in other locations.”
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/top-marine-general-japan-bluntly-describes-us-setting-theatre-future-china-war

John Day
    Participant

I hypothesize that “Dr.D” is really this guy, Emanuel Pastreich.
    “Prove me wrong”, as they say. 🙂

“How World Governments Are Run by Multinational Companies”​ Thanks Red.

​ ​American presidential candidate and international relations expert Emanuel Pastreich discusses the events of 2020 and how it was really an attempted totalitarian takeover of local and central governments around the world by billionaires and bloodline families working through IT companies, and private intelligence firms.​..
    ..At the end of the Second World War we had this very sad experience —and equally true in London as it is in Washington DC–which is that during the Second World War there was an effort in Washington DC or in London to move away from the imperialist financial system and to get back to something closer to a republic, something based upon representation of the interests and the needs of the average citizen, to move away from global finance.
    ​ ​But that effort, that effort to maintain healthy institutions, started to fall apart at the end of the Second World War. It took another 30 years to weave the spider’s web in which American and British corporations set up their Headquarters, in the Virgin Islands and other places, and thereby created a parallel alternate universe that is not subject to the rule of law, that is not overseen by anything; just trusts, corporations, offshore holdings.
    ​ ​And today that “spider’s web economy” has become the dominant paradigm. So we live in the terrarium economy—you, me, our friends– and then there’s this “Untouchable” Brahmin class of people who have accumulated billions and billions of dollars. They make up money, they control money, and they inhabit the the leftovers of the British Empire. They have become the dominant mode for economic interaction for both the United States and Great Britain, and other countries as well. We’ve signed, unbeknownst to Ourselves, a sort of death pact to have our societies torn apart, sold off at fire sale prices, to benefit this tiny handful the super-rich. Now it’s no longer just in London and New York, but also includes wealthy individuals from around the world—from Japan, from Germany, from China, from Russia, etc.​..

​..The same people at BlackRock, or Cisco, or Facebook, or Google who are funding the corrupt parts of Black Lives Matter, ordering them to push this gender blending, race-based, fake ideological struggle, are the same people who are funding the Trump people and their MAGA (Make America Great Again) groups, those who are attacking immigrants as the threat to America without identifying the real problem of global finance.​..
    ..These big companies work through academia, they work through the education system so as to capture the so-called intellectuals. It is a paradox that the people who have abdicated their critical thinking skills ARE the intellectuals themselves.​..​
    ​..​This high level manipulation goes back to the Phoenix Project of the 1960s that set down the groundwork for what we see being done here today. Originally the Phoenix Project was carried out in Vietnam by the US government, and the corporations hiding behind government, as a means to take over Vietnam. The files for the Phoenix Program are pretty explicit. They are a handbook for controlling society…
    ​..Seizing control of the intellectuals was a big part of the Phoenix Program. There was a carrot and a stick for the educated (then in Vietnam, now in DC). The carrot is how intellectuals are flattered, are made to feel like they’re part of the establishment.
    ​ ​Rich people take them out to dinner and feature them in the media as experts. The intellectuals who go along with the plan get to be famous in a way that they wouldn’t normally. It is a seduction. Eventually it becomes a form of sort of sexual abuse, almost like rape, in which intellectuals are so compromised by these ​il​licit relationships with global finance that they themselves can no longer face the reality and fall into a cycle of denial…
    ​..​Above all, we see the intentional confusion, pushed by multinational corporations and the rich, of science with technology. If we’re going to look for one major Factor, the origin of the current crisis, the cause for the collapse of medicine, the collapse of journalism, the collapse of academics, then this intentional confusion of science with technology is key…
    ​..​The smartphone, the internet, the search engine, social media all these things which could theoretically be used in a positive sense have been transformed into covert operations whose primary goal today is to diminish and undermine, to degrade the capacity of the individual to think for herself or himself, to compromise the individual’s role in the community through these relationships with so-called friends who are actually enemies of the ordinary citizen and through that process to create a economic, social, political environment in the United States, or for that matter in other countries, in which it is no longer possible to resist the authority from above and to be critical…
    ​..It’s not science but rather this ideology that holds that if you’re a Harvard professor, if you work at the Center for Disease Control, if you have this stamp of approval…, then you have the authority to dictate to the people what is true…
    ​..​Anytime you hear “trust the science” you know it’s not science…
    ​..​Twitter is basically a platform for controlling public opinion that is run for profit and is co-owned by a series of global funds, which they tend to hide behind multinational corporations, funds like BlackRock, or Goldman Sachs, or Vanguard. But behind that they are basically funds belonging to extremely wealthy individuals and families. The primary goal of Twitter is to control opinion…​
    .​.The reason is that the incestuous relationship is so compromising to everybody that it’s no longer possible to even discuss it. It is a taboo and that’s the process right from the Kennedy assassination, to 9/11, and then on to what we have now, this “health crisis” in which an enormous number of intellectuals, people who are knowledgeable, were so profoundly compromised by these incidents that they were no longer able to express any form of resistance, and they became pawns of the system…
    ..From the perspective of the billionaires, however, the difference between having five million dollars in assets and being homeless is the difference between being an ant and a cockroach. I mean it’s it’s nothing to them. And so a system came into being in which at the highest levels the Brahmin class, beyond your reach, they come up with policies that they enact in manner that transcends not only local government, but also national governments, and even supra-national, global organizations. As a result, all these governments are essentially run by their pets.
    ​ ​That is why it’s so hard to conceive of how this small group of people would engage in policies which are meant to degrade your ability to think. Basically everybody, 95% of the population 95, or more, is their target. They destroy your bodies, your ability to reproduce. They introduce chemicals into your body that’ll cause cancer and other diseases and that will over time kill you off in the what they call “the slow kill.”​…
    ​..We’re unable to conceive of the fact that all of these people, all the way up to Joe Biden or Donald Trump, all of them are basically in the same lobster pot in which we are being slowly cooked, and that there is another class of people above them who are willing to kill all of us, or turn us into slaves according to whatever proportion fits their latest algorithm. They don’t care if we live or die. The people we see on TV for the most part are not the people making the real decisions…
    .​.What I see as the most likely scenario is you have maybe a couple thousand people in these very wealthy families who got these intelligence reports telling them how much of a crisis we’re going to be facing economically and environmentally and they embraced this plan to create a class society made up of slaves and the super-rich (with a lot of people marked to disappear over the next 20 years). But the actual planning is not done by the super-rich, but rather by this class of advisors, often ex-military and intelligence…
    ..from the CIA, a call for Asia experts. The advertisement said that basically all the positions had been outsourced to Facebook, Cisco, Microsoft, and Google. Basically these government organizations are no longer government organizations at all. There no is government in the sense that in an engine you have a governor. There’s only the parts of government, whether in the UK or the United States, or in Japan Germany, China, or Russia, that have been outsourced to for-profit organizations pursuing their own narrow short-term interests. That is why we’ve been rendered blind…
    ..They are following, basically, the model for the colonization of the new world which was to destroy all the native populations of North and South America. Same strategy for the project of 1940s to destroy millions in Europe. Most people describe it as “destroying the Jews” which I think is not entirely accurate. Most of the people who were killed off systematically in death camps were Russian POWs. The basic plan was to kill off a large number of people in Russia, Ukraine, Poland, and throughout Europe to create this “living space” which would then be settled by Germans following the American model: destroy the native peoples and take the land.
    ​ ​Now we find ourselves in the position where we (establishment upper middle-class Americans) are the ones, we who thought WE were the elites, who are being treated like the Navajos or the Iroquois: slated for extermination…​
    ​..​After being forced to do repeat that ritual (wearing the mask) over and over again the individual loses the capacity to resist.
    ​ ​That is how profoundly they are compromised by this act of participation in the destruction of their free will.
    ​ ​Most of the people wearing these masks, at some level, know that these masks are not scientifically meaningful. But they do it anyway. They participate in their own mental violation. It is form of mental rape, what Joost A.M. Meerloo calls “The Rape of the Mind.”…
    ​..Although we start with nothing, if we look at history we see that in the past there have been numerous times in history when it was possible, starting with a tiny minority who are willing to stick to principles and take risks, to flip things so that the whole equation was reversed.
    ​https://www.globalresearch.ca/how-world-governments-run-multinational-companies/5804065

John Day
    Participant

​JPMorgan-Epstein Lawsuit Amended By Virgin Islands; ‘Client List’ Shortened​

​Recall that in late December, Attorney General Denise George sued the bank, claiming they reaped financial benefits from Epstein’s sex-trafficking operation.
    ​ ​T​​he original complaint against the bank filed by George included a lengthy-but-redacted section on “High Net Worth Clients” Epstein brought to JPMorgan. It had 11 separate entries spanning three pages of the complaint – which James O’Keefe of Project Veritas wants to get his hands on…
    ​..​One week after George’s firing, the US Virgin Islands has filed an amended complaint which significantly shortens the “High Net Worth Clients” list to just three entries, and unredacts a name we already knew about; Glenn Dubin​.
    ​https://www.zerohedge.com/political/jpmorgan-epstein-lawsuit-amended-virgin-islands-client-list-shortened-staley-and-dubin

​ ​Corporate trail apparent in all four assassinations of US presidents — security official
    Nikolay Patrushev believes that an increasingly large number of Americans say that the Republicans and the Democrats are merely “two actors in one staging that has nothing to do with democracy” https://tass.com/politics/1560277

​ ​The Neocons know that a defeat for the US in this conflict would be the end of the US dollar, hegemony and economy. At the same time, Russia is determined not to lose the war, whatever it takes. This is the kind of background that has a high risk of ending badly. https://goldswitzerland.com/ominous-military-financial-nuclear-threats-could-erupt-in-2023/

​ The US probably got as much nuclear death as Japan did, but slowly, and hidden, and denied. It was not just the testing in Nevada, but uranium mining got in the soil and water, and was not a “concern”​ until much later. It’s still there, especially on Indian Reservations.

The Cold War Legacy Lurking in U.S. Groundwater

John Day
    Participant

​16 national graphs of COVID deaths by month show huge rises after “vaccination” in those countries, like this in Israel. (Thanks Red.)
    Why? Delta was no worse, and then came Omicron.​

Seeing Is Believing: What the Data Reveal About Deaths Following COVID Vaccine Rollouts Around the World

​ CJ Hopkins makes the case that the Twitter-files releases are a form of damage-control and narrative reset, called “limited hangout”, where less damaging information is publicized as if it is the whole story, the public is satisfied and walks away after awhile.​
    The Mother of All Limited Hangouts
    https://cjhopkins.substack. com/p/the-mother-of-all-limited-hangouts

​ I’m sure they will get to the bottom of the corruption and root it all out this time. After all, we “deserve” to believe that has been done…​
    ​ ​Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.), who chairs the House Rules Committee, said the new panel is modeled on the Church Committee, a U.S. Senate select committee in 1975 that investigated U.S. intelligence agencies. That committee “uncovered and exposed a wide variety of abuses, including many [abuses] directed against American citizens,” Cole told fellow lawmakers on the House floor on Tuesday.
    ​ ​“Similar to the situation that confronted America in the 1970s, in recent years we have witnessed abuses of the civil liberties of American citizens committed by the executive branch,” Cole said, adding that such violations are “often for political purposes.”
    ​ ​He said the newly-created panel “will be tasked with studying and reporting on the executive branch’s authority to collect information on or otherwise investigate citizens of the United States.”
    ​ ​“The American people deserve to have confidence in their government,” Cole said. “They deserve to know that the broad powers granted to the federal government through the FBI, to the Department of Homeland Security, and to the intelligence agencies, are not being abused.” https://www.zerohedge.com/political/house-creates-panel-weaponization-federal-government

​ Thanks Ugo. Science has become “science”, an advertising pitch for business, which is seen in “scientific” research, which is funded to produce a desired result, which leads to some profitable product or process. ​This was a part of the system when I did research in college and med school, for NASA, which really wanted facts. Other labs did well with private corpot=rate funding, and always did well… They got the results they expected.
    ​ ​The tragedy in oncology is that we have dismantled the system that is meant to tell real innovation from pseudo-innovation. Almost no one understands the problem, even few care about fixing it, and instead most hope to fatten themselves of the riches, while the opportunity exists. Meanwhile, we have entirely lost sight of the goal— the purpose of our task. We have forgotten that this is about helping people sick and dying of cancer live long and live better. That goal is lost. https://theproudholobionts.blogspot.com/2023/01/the-tragedy-of-science-we-cannot-fault.html

​ Oh, this blood-thinner, Xarelto, to prevent strokes looks like it kills more people than it saves, but they covered-up some deaths in the treatment group and it looked great in the studies as a result.​ A whole lot of it has been, and is being, used in the world since then.
    ​ ​’​S​erious and numerous data deficiencies’ in results from eight of the 16 hospitals involved in the rivaroxaban trial.
    ​ ​According to The British Medical Journal, it also said stated that two of the 16 hospitals failed to report serious side effects and four of the patients taking rivaroxaban in the trial died, which the researchers failed to explain.
    ​ ​Dr Wilmshurst says: ‘It is shocking that a death can be allowed to go unexplained when a patient dies during a three-week trial.’
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11609501/Anti-stroke-drug-taken-millions-unreliable-fatal-effects-ignored.html

John Day
    Participant
    Dr. D
    Participant

That’s President Pastreich to you! Good article though, makes all the points I would.

“GPTChat, AI, algorithms…
    Which returns humans to face-to-face, in-person communication”

And we’re also universally kinder, more helpful, and less troll -ey. Just as I would be if we were in person. Unfortunately, I have to wait for people to bail out on that garbage before they’ll look at the people in front of them again. People who will give them groceries or drag them out of a ditch. Clearly they don’t want that. They want clinks online for anons they will never see again.

That Greek pic needs the guy with the puppet behind him to be holding a knife. The puppet show is a mere distraction for the pointy end of the tool.

Dr. D
    Participant

P.S. wouldn’t allow me to edit this morning, so unpolished 2nd post. Happens from time to time, but we see wordpress misbehavior comes in bunches.

John Day
    Participant

Thanks “President D”
    🙂

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

What do the Big Brother managers of Oceania businesses [that many uninformed [people believe are countries] always do?

1. Protect and promote Ponzi schemes.

2. Reward senior Party Members.

3. Fight wars to acquire control of resources and to reduce the of capacity competing businesses or actual nations to compete.

4. Orchestrate and promote the looting and polluting of the common.

5. Lie to the Proles on a continuous basis.

6. Attempt to impose increased levels of censorship and reduced levels of freedom.

As we progress through the [fake] year of 2023, we must anticipate more of all of the above until the Ponzi schemes fully implode, until the military defeats become impossible to hide, and until the brutal attacks on the Proles via ‘security forces; and ‘medical professionals’ no longer generate the required results [for The Party].

If there is any time and if there are any resources left after The Party has destroyed almost everything in its pursuit of its insane ideology, we Proles might be able try freedom and democracy.

Unfortunately, there are many bottlenecks -created by The Party- to get though before we reach that point.

One thought that offers encouragement: ‘The Machine Stops.’

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=e+m+forster+the+machine+stops&docid=603529689215875202&mid=CE2FD2EA54219093921CCE2FD2EA54219093921C&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

1909! How prophetic!

Oroboros
    Participant

Oroboros
    Participant

The Duh-mericans are reaching new heights in Situational Awareness Priorities

Please help, please!

Oroboros
    Participant

Oroboros
    Participant

Doctors said he was walking “too briskly”

HerrWerner
    Participant

I have a rare instance of disagreeing with our venerable Dr. D. Above, “…Nor are resources depleted. The U.S. in particular has frozen ALL resource use. Every mine was de-licensed, every mill shut down…”

Actually can’t totally disagree. YES those resources are there. YES those resources could be tapped. Yes “they” are probably keeping them off limits for political games (shortages and strife are the lifeblood of sociopaths, sycophants and lawyers after all)

It’s the cost to get at it that matters. And cost is not just tabulated in dollars (that’s easy, brrrrrrrrr!!) but rather in the cost to Nature, the cost against the future.

The easy stuff IS depleted. For oil, coal, even 10-cent bitcoins: the easy stuff is gone. The high ERoEI stuff is long gone. What’s left takes extravagant amounts of capital and energy and “cost” in terms of wealth and “cost” to the future health of the local ecology.

The 1901 Pennsylvania crude that was 100:1 (one unit of energy to extract 100 units of energy) was done by the 1960’s. Last time I drove through those parts, they are drilling there again, fracking like mad for crude and natgas. At extreme rates of capital depletion, for wells that last a year or two, take 100 tractor-trailers of sand and 200 tons of steel pipe. Nobody publishes ERoEI for fracking wells (not credible ones) but I’d guess 20:1 max, probably 10:1 average for a good well. They are better at extracting fiat from investors, than petroleum. When it’s done, the chemicals and the wastewater they injected never go away. It will find its way into aquifers and surface water. Could take a year, could take generations but it will poison whatever tries to live there in the future.

It’s a problem for “future” Homer Simpson. Most people DGAF. I suspect quite a few TAEs do GAF. I certainly do, some real actual environmentalists (rare beasts, indeed) do. Some landowners and farmers do, particularly the Amish because they have a long-term stake in particular place. They want to work the land generations from now, preferably without groundwater that’s hopelessly poisoned.

“Rare earths” are not that rare. There are deposits around the world. The refining process OTOH is dirty and results toxic chemicals, toxic slag and lakes of contaminated water. China has a monopoly on rare earths mainly because they are willing to do that dirty work, in backwater places far far from the centers of power. There’s an unknowable unseen toxic plume of contamination under Baotou that will persist for literal eons.

I’m sad to admit it, but if we’re gonna have rare earths, I’d rather mine them 8000 miles away where it’s Someone Else’s Problem. Inner Mongolia Homer’s problem.

I don’t have a solution for it. Well a small one, but *few* people want to partake. “Just. Use. Less.“
    Conservation. The *other* C-word, toxic, that nobody says since Jimmy Carter “ruined” it. But then I’m a rarity.

It’s hard. It’s hard to get away from it even if you actively avoid it. I bought a tiny bourbon, came in a cutesy cardboard box with cheap throwaway rare-earth magnets to snap it shut. I’m sure they made a million of those boxes, 2 million magnets mined, refined, unappreciated and then tossed back into the Earth in a landfill. Profligate, senseless use of a valuable costly resource. My two I keep in a drawer because they might come in handy some day.

Reference: Mongolia Homer lives in Bautou, there’s a decent BBC (ugh) article about it. You can view the toxic wastewater lake (it’s vast, shared by many mining companies) from your choice of corporate overlords, the googles earth or bing maps

zerosum
    Participant

1:10
    War, 1 dead to 10 wounded
    Can we apply the same ratio for “sudden death” to survivors that got sick.

DarkMatter
    Participant

People at work today were talking about Zelensky’s great speech at the golden globes last night.

The first world war claimed millions of lives, the second world war clamped tens
    of millions of them. There will be no third world war. It is not a Trilogy. Ukraine will stop the Russian aggression on our land. We will make it together with a whole free world and I hope that
    all of you will be with us on the victorious day,the day of our victory

zerosum
    Participant

Equal justice
    Lying Zelinsky Ukraine
    LOL
    Santos(R) Won’t Resign For Lying.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Amendment and correction:

What do the Big Brother managers of Oceania businesses [that many uninformed [people believe are countries] always do?

1. Protect and promote Ponzi schemes.

2. Reward senior Party Members.

3. Fight wars to acquire control of resources and to reduce the of capacity competing businesses or actual nations to compete.

4. Orchestrate and promote the looting and polluting of The Commons.

5. Promote short-term money-making [for individuals and corporations] scams that make matters worse as ‘solutions’ to real world problems and predicaments

6. Lie to the Proles on a continuous basis.

7. Attempt to impose increased levels of censorship and reduced levels of freedom.

By the way, Judith Collins, ex-leader of the blue sector of The Party on Airstrip Five blurted it out on one occasion a couple of years ago: “Well, it is a business, after all.”

Germ
    Participant

Horrible news out of Brazil. Arrested protestors are being forcibly injected with the Covid shots against their will.

https://www.estadao.com.br/politica/golpistas-sao-enviados-para-celas-recebem-colchao-kit-de-higiene-e-terao-direito-a-banho-de-sol/

☠️☠️☠️

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.