Debt Rattle January 28 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 28 2017

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Wassily Kandinsky Autumn Landscape with Boats 1908 • US Economy Back Below “Stall Speed” (WS) • Dow Hits 20,000 As US National Debt Reaches $20 Trilli
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle January 28 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Wow, another tour de force.
    I especially enjoyed PCR re: sanctions on Russia and his recognition of sovereignty as a target of U.S. policy.
    Amen to that: Russia has flourished under the sanctions, while the EU is looking vulnerable with collapse seemingly inevitable.
    Russia’s finance minister Nabulina, has been brilliant in managing Russia’s economy; inflation has dropped from 10% to just over 5%, with 4% as its target.
    Pres. Putin fully understands and jealously guards Russia’s sovereignty against the U.S.’s constant assault.
    The geo-politics being played out has as its source; MacKinder + Spykman + Mahan = World Domination; theorized over 100 years ago.
    In a series of 4 brilliantly written articles FEDERICO PIERACCINI lays out exactly what is going on as I type this;
    https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2016/12/19/geopolitics-globalization-and-world-order.html

The above link is to part 1 and also makes 2, 3, and 4 available.
    Well worth the read for those who really want to understand this world.
    George Orwell was well familiar with these theories…

Joe Clarkson
    Participant

Tulsi Gabbard is a Democrat. Can we now please finally have a serious conversation about what the US has done to the Middle East/Northern Africa region?

Tulsi Gabbard in my elected representative. I voted for Tulsi in November. I will do my utmost to see that this term is her last. If I thought she really had any idea what was happening in Syria, I would call her a traitor.

Tulsi doesn’t have a clue about what is going on in Syria, not only because her tour of the country was organized, supervised and funded by the Assad regime, but because she is assuming that Syria is in the same situation as Iraq (where she actually has some experience).

Syria is not Iraq. The US did not invade Syria, depose Assad and occupy the country. The US did not organize the massive demonstrations in Daraa and other Syrian cities in 2011 that Assad chose to counter with devastating force and then to blame Israel for all casualties. The US didn’t drive millions of Syrians across the borders of Turkey, Lebanon and Jordon. All that happened before the US became involved in Syria at all.

I know these facts will not matter to many of your readers, but there is far too much broad-brush blaming of the US for every conflict in the middle east. Our conduct in Iraq was stupid and shameful. Our failure to hold back the Saudis in Yemen is more of the same. Any US participation in deposing Qaddafi was certainly counterproductive at the very least.

But the US did not become involved in Syria until it became clear that Assad was determined to use unlimited force on civilians to maintain his rule of the country. Assad had called for Iran’s proxy in the area (Hezbollah) to assist his Alawite minority in maintaining control. Without them and the Russians, Assad would have been gone years ago. I’m not saying that if the Sunni majority had won the civil war, Syria would be a peaceful paradise, but Gabbard’s belief that the US was behind all the violence in Syria is ridiculous.

The situation in Syria is a mess, but if Gabbard thinks that talking to Syrians that had been hand-picked by the Assad regime is ‘proof’ that the US is arming ISIS and that terrorists only exist in Syria because of the US, she is too gullible to be in Congress.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Joe Clarkson
    Sorry Joe, but; you’re as wrong as two left shoes.
    Tulsi knows full well what she’s talking about re: Syria.
    The U.S. has certainly illegally invaded Syria with special forces and admittedly has backed ISIS, supplying weapons to them and their alies. The U.S. is actively, illegally bombing the Syrian country. This is un-indisputed fact.
    You are living in a fantasy land of propaganda and lies.

Nassim
    Participant

“Carbon dioxide, parts per million, in the atmosphere”

Of course it is rising, but so is plant-life around the world – and our food supply.

International team reports CO2 fertilization prompted plants and trees to sprout extra green leaves equivalent in area to two times the continental USA, or nearly 4.4 billion General Shermans (largest giant Sequoia tree)

Inconvenient Study: CO2 fertilization greening the earth (NASA)

Nassim
    Participant

Joe Clarkson and V. arnold,

The USAF – with the help of the Danish and Australian air forces – bombed the Syrian army at Deir ez-Zor

Sixty-two Syrian soldiers were killed and over 100 injured in the airstrike by the US-led coalition

RAAF Hornets dropped bombs in botched strike that killed Syrian government forces

This position of the Syrian army was under siege by ISIS for many months and its coordinates were well-known. Minutes after this aerial attack, ISIS attacked and occupied much of the area before the Syrian army managed to beat them back. This was obviously a coordinated effort between the Americans and ISIS.

Shortly after this attack, the Danes and the Australians withdrew their aircraft from the region. They had probably been duped by the Americans and did not appreciate the criminality that they were involved in.

Denmark to pull fighter jets out of Syria and Iraq

There is a news blackout, but I believe the Australians have either grounded or withdrawn their F-18’s

I hope that fake scumbag Obama gets convicted in an international criminal tribunal for the atrocities he has committed.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Nassim
    I hope that fake scumbag Obama gets convicted in an international criminal tribunal for the atrocities he has committed.

Amen to that. Zero argument with your post; factually correct by all honest media reportage.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.