Debt Rattle January 30 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 30 2022

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    those darned kids
    Participant
    D Benton Smith
    Participant

When you choose to fight for Truth , Justice and Life don’t be surprised when it leads you directly into a struggle with the forces of Death, Evil and Deceit.

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

Run The Old Tapes

D Benton Smith
    Participant

I would like to see an aerial reconnaissance photo of the area being blacked out by the CBC Live Cams blackout. So many trucks and people down there !

Noirette
    Participant

I never liked that Neil Young guy, heh, but that is just superficial, I’m not into all that…

Spotify is owned by its founders: Daniel and Martin; Tencent; and a Scottish money management firm, others, according, to various at the top of goog.

A bit more detail:

Article from Rolling Stone, “Who really owns Spotify?” (feb 2020) breaks down the ownership > the chart.

3 investment powerhouses, Baillie Gifford, a Scots Co., Morgan Stanley and T. Rowe Price Assoc. own 25 %, with Tencent at around 10%.

The ‘rest’ is to the original owners (Daniel and Martin) and some small shareholders, TCV and Tiger Global, and OTHER = a whacking 40%.

Who Really Owns Spotify?

Here the latests report of ownership from the top of goog…

https://www.wallstreetzen.com/stocks/us/nyse/spot/ownership

Just what I looked up on the mo, links are just exs to show that Big Corps own, direct Spotify, they have multiple other agendas, so who know what is going on with these smarmy ‘artistes.’

ctbarnum
    Participant

The Emerson-Pembina border crossing (one of the busiest) is effectively blocked.

those darned kids
    Participant

Raytheon sees $17 billion in fourth-quarter sales

Hayes [ceo of raytheon], in response to a question on mounting international tensions, said “we fully expect we’ll see some benefits” in terms of an increase in international defense spending.

those darned kids
    Participant

NEWFLASH!!! Raytheon Announces World’s First Pork Based Weapons System. “We feel our BaconBlasterPlus® will keep Americans safe and effective for years to come.”

slimyalligator
    Participant
    zerosum
    Participant

RepeatedlyRepeatedly same news from MSM

Yellow stains in the news

Hungry people at soup kitchen

Cold, hungry maskless people looking for a bathroom looked out of shopping center

Dancing at the war memorial

Parking at war memorial

Sign and fag on Terry fox statue

Experts telling us that these demonstrators are a minority and a fringe

Experts Questioning that the +$8 million from crowdsource will be misappropriated

(All bobble heads anxious for the important reporting of the winter Olympic)

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Live cam feed from Ottawa:

F.S.

zerosum
    Participant

Spelling mistakes in above

Oroboros
    Participant

Tawny Buettner, RN, observed a 10X increase in the rate of myocarditis after the vaccines rolled out

https://rumble.com/vtge32-tawny-buettner-rn-observed-a-10x-increase-in-the-rate-of-myocarditis-after-.html

I wonder what percentage for current health care workers actually still have a heart and soul and basic sense of humanity?

5%?
    10%?
    50%?

zerosum
    Participant
    zerosum
    Participant
    Figmund Sreud
    Participant

A very good question:
    Did Justin Trudeau Pick the Wrong Fight With Canadian Truckers?

Did Justin Trudeau Pick the Wrong Fight With Canadian Truckers?

It’s not a good sign that Justin Trudeau has removed himself from the public spotlight at possibly the most pivotal point in his political career.

F.S.

deflationista
    Participant

Neil Young opened Pandora’s door :

He sure did:

willem
    Participant

Mr. Roboto: I thought this Texas vaccine was interesting too. Then I saw that Peter Hotez was involved, and that made me suspicious. That guy has been all over the airwaves since COVID began, pumping the conventional vaxx as hard as he can.

Oroboros
    Participant

Turdeau stands to inherit 1.5 billion.

He doesn’t need a political career, he pimped himself as Canada’s chief Manwhore for Global Oligarchs, he’s hoping for a seat at the Big Boy’s Table after being the Canuck Butt Plug. He wanted to kiss the pedophile ring of Gates and Soros.

https://preview.redd.it/np6q24z6zc531.jpg?auto=webp&s=6ad891afa3ef1186166cb18b306204a1f4952d4a

D Benton Smith
    Participant

The world’s leaders, elites, owners, etc. have made their intentions pretty clear. They intend to get what they have plainly stated that they want, and YOU are going to do as you’re told to give it to them. Literally everything shall be directed toward the accomplishment of this noble purpose. Or else.

Supporting their plan is mandatory. Opposing it in any way is a crime punishable by death. Simple.

Their reasoned (by the very best algorithms) justification is that if we disobey then the human species is doomed to extinction from a host of natural (or decidedly unnatural) causes, and compliance will result in a Paradise of Bountiful, Whole, and Complete Peace On Earth.

Looking back over the past few years, how’s that plan of theirs been going so far?

Bill7
    Participant

I am another who appreciates Paul Kingsnorth’s writing on the current situation; it’s thoughtful, broad minded, and non-inflammatory.

As for the Plan: seems to me that it’s running about as intended. I’m particularly impressed but the rulling class’s use of the ‘Democrat’ half of their Uniparty- especially its “left™” subset- to do their dirty work. Purposely solidarity-detroying, and making any notion of group action for the common good a non-starter for the next seventy years or so. Nice..

Schumacher was right: small (and low to the ground) is Beautiful, especially now.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Well said, Bill7. I look to the Political Compass for plotting where people fall politically, and as far as I’m concerned, nobody who supports the authoritarian response of the globalists to the pandemic belongs in southwestern “libertarian-left” quadrant of it. Anyone on the left who does goes into the “authoritarian-left” northwestern quadrant. (Note that “authoritarian” in political-compass terminology doesn’t necessarily indicate somebody who wants to turn their country into a dictatorship of their political party, it simply means their overall attitudes on the social-issues axis of the political compass are of an authoritarian variety. So a social authoritarian is not necessarily a political authoritarian, though a social authoritarian may well favor limiting popular determination of political policy, or “democracy” as this process is somewhat clumsily labeled by most people.)

Another interesting thing I note about the Corbevax about which I posted that video, is that like the Novavax, it appears to rely upon mimicking a section of the coronavirus spike-protein, as opposed to introducing whole spike proteins into the physiology, the way the mRNA vaccines do. The downside I’m supposing it would have is that it would require a series of booster-shots until such point as Covid becomes a significantly diminished threat to public health. That would be less of a problem if it turns out to really have as good of a safety-profile as the news-segment portrays.

Building castles on the shoreline-
    Some at neap and some at high-
    And the waves will keep on coming:
    Knock them over; make us cry.

Building castles further inland
    Where the waves no longer reach.
    With relief we go on living-
    Making visits to the beach.

But the waters don’t accept this.
    Castles threaten Neptune’s crown.
    The tsunami that he sends us
    Comes and knocks our castles down.

So the future isn’t beachfront
    and perhaps it’s not so grand,
    Building lives of bricks and timber-
    instead of castles in the sand.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Correction: According to Wikipedia, the Novavax does in fact rely on a recreation of the whole spike protein to produce its effect.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@my parents said know

Thank you for the rhyme. Robert William Service would be proud.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

China is by no measure the only mad dog out there, but I think it’s fair to say that they opportunistically (and successfully) hijacked the existing psychopathy of our brittle system and are now top dog in the rabid pack.

The thing of it is, though (and with an overdose of irony) it is still very fresh in the memory of the Chinese Communist Party that an oppressed general population fighting for their lives can rise up and overthrow an entrenched central government pretty damn quick. That is why, of course, the CCP is so insanely, obsessively, a p o p l e c t i c a l l y, terrified of dissenters communicating with other dissenters.

Dissenters capable of mobility, communications and self defense is their fevered nightmare. Seeking to neutralize such imagined (potential) dissenters way too early, way too fast and way too brutally is what is causing the ranks of dissenters to grow so quickly. In a peculiar, reflexive way, the Commies are terrified by the very nature of their own strategy.

As you know, things are likely to get very messy for a while, but the bad guys ARE about to lose everything they ever dreamed of stealing, and they are going to lose it FAST. What we’re talking about here is actual PROSECUTIONS for capital crimes accessory to premeditated murders. The shift is going to be so big so wide and so deep that it could take networked psychopathy thousands of years to swindle it back, and by then I reckon humankind will have learned how to be a little less crazy.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Something to this effect may have been posted already. If so, apologies for flogging the deceased equine.

Bill7
    Participant

I really do wonder if N.Y. might’ve gotten the proverbial tap on the shoulder from those more powerful than he.
    See Morgan Freeman’s earlier “We are being attacked! [by them eevil Rooskies]” statement for a similar uncharacteristic example.

On the other hand, I started wondering about ol’ Neil a bit when he got together with his current significant other [no further comment]. I was once quite a fan of his- saw him on the ‘Rust Never Sleeps’ tour in ’78 (loud! and good).

Bishko
    Participant

For the Freedom Convoys. Large heavy vehicles moving through crowds &c, “Beware of Agent Provocateurs.”
    It takes them time to assemble these agents. I bet they are hustling now.

Thank-you D Benton Smith. Now I will check out Robert William Service.

Valley Don
    Participant

Ilargi, thank so much for being a reasonable voice in the age of hysteria. I’m an old journalist. You and Kunstler keep me sane.

Bill7
    Participant

It’s interesting that both Mr. Trudeau and Mr. Young used the same word to describe
    the actions of others: “unacceptable”.

nice work on the messaging, guys, but who’s deciding what’s “acceptable”?

P.C. > Identity Politics (curiously omitting Class, Class, Class) > Wokery, brought to us proles by the Ultra-Rich

odd..

zerosum
    Participant

Omicron says, “ I’ve a lot of work to do
    +30,000 fans need take care of their dripping nose.”

N
    Game tied at 21

Bill7
    Participant

I thought the Greenwald piece was good, as was Lesher’s at Off-G. Greenwald seems to be a bit unwilling
    to connect the dots, though: did “liberals” just up and decide to depoy the “hate speech” / wokery / cheap
    ad hominems (esp on the Twit-twit, it seem, though I don’t use it- god no) all by themselves, purely for points-scoring and virtue-signalling? That doesn’t seem an adequate explanation, to me.

It was a good piece as far as he went, though. Matt Taibbi’s been writing good stuff, too- I sense he’s a little
    tired of all-BS-world.

Oroboros
    Participant
    D Benton Smith
    Participant

It’s fun, watching the world wake up. Not everyone awakens with the same cheery attitude, however, so be a little careful around the ones who are not what you might call “Morning Persons.”

Oroboros
    Participant
    Oroboros
    Participant

In a couple decades it will be baby pushing Mom in a wheel chair

Oroboros
    Participant

Rationality and the relevance of truth are on a decades-long decline
    Language since the 1850s shows increases in rational language and decreases in emotive language until the last forty years.

It picks up steam around 1970, when women enter the workforce at all levels en mass…

The new study was published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, entitled the

“The Rise and Fall of Rationality in Language.”

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/51/e2107848118

https://static.tweaktown.com/news/8/3/83979_02_we-conclude-or-i-believe-study-finds-rationality-declined-decades_full.jpg

Rationality and the relevance of truth are on a decades-long decline

Researchers from Wageningen University and Research (WUR) and Indiana University analyzed the language from millions of books.

They identified trends in using words associated with rationality and intuition.

They found words associated with reasoning such as “determine” and “conclusion” rose in relative frequency from the 1850s, while the use of more experiential terms such as “feel” and “believe” fell.

They also found that this trend has reversed in the last forty years and has been accompanied by a shift from collectivist language to individualist, shown through the ratio of singular to plural pronouns used, such as “I” and “we.”

“Interpreting this synchronous sea-change in book language remains challenging. However, as we show, the nature of this reversal occurs in fiction as well as non-fiction. Moreover, we observe the same pattern of change between sentiment and rationality flag words in New York Times articles, suggesting that it is not an artifact of the book corpora we analyzed,”
    said co-author Johan Bollen of Indiana Univ

As seen in the graphs above, the authors note that the rise of social media around 2007 accelerated the shift from fact-related language to more emotionally-laden language.

“Whatever the drivers, our results suggest that the post-truth phenomenon is linked to a historical seesaw in the balance between our two fundamental modes of thinking: Reasoning versus intuition. If true, it may well be impossible to reverse the sea change we signal. Instead, societies may need to find a new balance, explicitly recognizing the importance of intuition and emotion, while at the same time making best use of the much needed power of rationality and science to deal with topics in their full

cloudhidden
    Participant
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.