Debt Rattle July 10 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 10 2018

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

John Swope Trees in fog (Chile) 1939   • Leveraged-Loan Risks Are Piling Up (WS) • UK House Prices Should Be Frozen For Five Years – Think Tank (
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle July 10 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

The last 5 (includes the coach) Thai footballers are on their way out. Today’s effort started at 10:08 am.
    It will be good for this saga to end well, which is now the expectation.
    We’ll know in a couple of hours…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Just in; 3 more just made it out for a total of 11; 2 to go…
    Excellent…
    Or as the Thai’s say; Sud Yot! (awesome)

The latest one out was the youngest and smallest. Wonder what the reason was for bringing him out so late in the operation. There are also still a doctor and three Thai Navy Seals down there who have spent the last number of days with the boys.

V. Arnold
    Participant

No idea Ilargi; but, I surmise the coach insisted to be the last one out.
    Is it possible they wanted him (the youngest) thoroughly familiar with the procedures?
    Maybe a bit slow to grasp everything?
    Conjecture of course leading back to I don’t know.
    Let’s hope the last is best…

Dr. D
    Participant

It’s nice to have good news, even when it’s small.

All 12 + coach now reportedly out.

Doctor and 3 Navy Seals still there.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Yeeha! They’re all out, yes!
    Damned good job Thailand!
    Fuck yeah!

Dr. D
    Participant

So more brilliance from Britain, question: have price controls worked anywhere they’ve been tried? So why this time? The article points out that reckless speculation from easy money seems to be the driver, have you tried not printing money and handing it out to your billionaire backers? What would happen to an economy resting entirely on speculation if you tried this? Speaking of getting stuck in the jar like an idiot. Good thing you have a lot of company.

I can be quite sure that it wasn’t the same Novi this time because I could probably prove in a court of law, without subpoena, that it wasn’t novi used the first time. What they’re up to defies description, but perhaps they thought if they could double down on the preposterous bungling of the assassination/warning of the original writer of the Trump dossier, this employee of Mr. Steele, it would seem more plausible? You know, a day before Helsinki? But it doesn’t, you idiots, because a) novichok is deadly, duh, and will kill you in seconds b) it’s been out in the rain for a month and c) you seriously claim it was in a needle, in a park, waiting around as evidence AND someone took it home, AND used it, AND didn’t die? AYFKM. Please stop. My will is broken. I can’t take any more dumb.

Newsflash: ALL the manufacturers cheat, they always have since the later EPA standards aren’t realistic, which bureaucrats and ministers never care about consequences, costs, or what’s possible. That’s not government. And that’s BECAUSE when the automakers cheat, as you’ve just made them do, they become a big cookie jar you can open up and steal from whenever you want, by suddenly “discovering” OMG! Did you know they were doing this, just when the U.S. wanted to steal tens of billions in retaliation for the EU stealing tens of billions from the Google case? Who knew? Who knew GM was doing the same thing, but we DON’T prosecute them? Problem is: business can’t function under these conditions and “capital” (that is to say, sensible, productive, working guys) will continue to withdraw from the market until there isn’t one and we’re all as prosperous as the Soviets, so nice going there. 25% youth unemployment throughout the West, anyone? I’m sure the Central Committee will pass another law to fix it but good.

The detention cases are just the illegal immigration states demanding “catch-and-release.” It’s simple: if you can’t detain kids, and you can’t detain their parents, you can’t detain anyone: there is no border. Ta-Dah! Problem solved, so long as you send your children with rapey human traffickers who will leave you in the desert for dead. Isn’t that just so child-friendly? As an alternative to just filing paperwork for a visa and/or refugee status while safe at home. But as we saw with Time’s front page Guatemalan child, the mother stole the kids, spend the family’s fortune paying human traffickers to move them across the continent, got caught, and was at least honest in admitting she had no case, she just wanted a better job…that she would take from an American. Some parent! Here in the states you’d permanently lose custody trying that, but if you’re illegal, you GET custody, AND ‘permanent’ residence AND social support according to the same San Diego judge who would REMOVE custody from any American who tried it. I know we have a problem, but does that make any sense?

…Same in Europe where, to play the devil’s advocate for a second, what responsibility is it of Europe to get involved and stop all the conflicts in Africa, where the present migrants are coming from? Isn’t that what Africa was arguing AGAINST? So if they can’t go into Africa and tell them about the “white man’s burden” in violation of all international laws and norms, I think the only alternative…and this is in AGREEMENT with 500 years of laws and norms…is to stop them at the border and deport them home. Which isn’t cruel, it’s just setting the cheat-clock back to zero so no one profits, and in fact THAT’S generous since it costs the defending country an awful lot of time and money. …But of course let’s add that Europe and the West IS in Africa and everywhere else, screwing it up with neocolonialism that profits only the elite, so that’s primary, but it doesn’t change centuries of laws and customs.

So imagine Egypt’s position: they start a center in good faith, 750,000 Africans show up, destabilizing the place, they can’t fully control them, then Europe, as ever, suddenly changes something and bottles the flow. They then use this wedge to topple the Egyptian government and install a puppet…but this is of course fiction, when has the West ever tried that? coughArabSpringcough. coughTwicecough. Part deux: if they’re applying for European residency in from 50°c tent in Egypt the NGOs will call inhumane, why the heck didn’t they apply for Euro registry back in their home country the way they’re supposed to??? What does Egypt have to do with Ivory Coast and Nigeria? Seriously, no one’s thinking clearly: of COURSE they said no. This is why the rules developed and were stable this way and why it’s hard to change them. Let’s just stop war, stop wasting money and help leave each other alone, and our economies and ecologies will bounce back in no time. I’m pretty sure the home nations will be happy to have us stop election tampering everywhere the way we shriek about at home, but happily do in France, Brexit, Israel, Russia, Macedonia, Ukraine, South America…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Well, it’s done. 3 weeks of terror and we’re finished; all 13 Moo Pa are home safe and sound.
    Who woulda thunk; that Thailand could have pulled this off?
    Nobody; but it happened!
    Fuck yeah, Thailand!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.