Debt Rattle July 21 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 21 2015

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Harris&Ewing The White House kitchen, Washington DC 1909 • Greek Banks Face Full Nationalisation (BBC) • Greek Banks Face Stress Tests At The Worst Ti
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle July 21 2015]

Greenpa
    Participant

Sea level rise- I guarantee you, Hansen’s estimates are conservative. That’s a requirement for ANY academic attention and/or respect.

And none of these mention the potential; far from zero, of “unforeseen catastrophic ice collapse.” Unstable ice is quite capable of doing things humans have never seen, and therefore do not know can happen. Melt water flowing below glaciers – is like grease under an elephant’s feet.

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

True. At the same time, this is the anniversary of NY which was supposed to be underwater in 2015 (as predicted in 2008). https://armstrongeconomics.com/archives/33435 After 20 years explaining how massive change is just about happen we’re hardly inches higher much less feet, so I haven’t been wowed by the accuracy of their models.

To take the other side, now we’re supposedly about to enter a new mini ice age–it’s the latest rage in the news. Although possible, we have no real evidence to support a model that predicts such a dramatic outcome. The earth is a very large system that tends strongly to homeostasis. It takes a lot to change it and despite thousands of very dramatic events (volcanoes, asteroids, solar changes) over millions of years, large changes have happened extremely seldom throughout its history. Like once every 10,000 years or less. Until their models start working accurately, I’ll bet on gradualism.

Nassim
    Participant

“In Greek Crisis, One Big Unhappy EU Family (Reuters) ”

That reminded me of the opening of Tolstoy’s “Anna Karenina” – “All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.