Debt Rattle July 31 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 31 2021

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Mister Roboto
    Participant

@Mr. House: IKR? You know things are getting bad when educated people start spouting gobbledygook that makes them sound like they’ve been smoking way too much creeper-weed.

Meanwhile, I’m still unsubscribing from e-mails I get from “Team Blue” spammers. I suspect some of them may be disregarding those notifications from me.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Just so ya know, here are the mucky mucks sitting on the Onited Kingdom’s SAGE panel, that just released the latest terrorizing speculation that the boggeyman of death-by-plague MIGHT emerage someday real soon to kill every third person on the planet.

Prepare to be dismayed and outraged . . . but not surprized.

[teaser: Google’s Deep Mind “AI” (artificially intelligent) guy is one of several “interested” participants in the panel ] .

link : https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8284181/Wellcome-Trust-chief-DENIES-claims-SAGE-group-pressured-ministers.html

upstateNYer
    Participant

@susmarie: thank you for more info on olbermann. MANY of us protested against the bombing of Iraq. I admit I cried when the first images were broadcast on TV, thinking “omg, what are we doing?” You are correct, the “will of the people did not/never mattered.” Just like now in this situation. 🙁

And for that reason … I don’t believe the poll numbers we see that state *many* people believe we should mask forever and force vax everyone. Are there some people who believe that? Yes. But not the majority, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if some of those being polled give BS answers in defiance of the poll itself.

those darned kids
    Participant

fixed, it is, mr. house:

“However, tests in SARS-CoV-2 can test with a transition, but this is toward the viruses, or that facilitate using diagnosis to order influenza, not due to the confusing failing of both.”

upstateNYer
    Participant

@sus: PS … “and the rest of the cast, make this a true reflection of LIFE and a daily destination worth exploring. The formula is working, let it be.”

Beautifully stated. Also, thank you for the St Francis prayer. It’s a copy/paste for me. Very appreciated.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Just so ya know, here are the mucky mucks sitting on the United Kingdom’s secretive SAGE panel, who just published the latest terrorizing speculation that the boggeyman of death-by-plague MIGHT emerage someday real soon to kill every third person on the planet.

Prepare to be dismayed and outraged by who the panel consists of . . . but not surprized.

[teaser: Google’s Deep Mind “AI” (artificially intelligent) guy is one of several “interested” participants in the panel, as was Big Pharma’s creature, the Henry Wellcome foundation’s public face, the “Welcome Trust”. ] .

link : https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8284181/Wellcome-Trust-chief-DENIES-claims-SAGE-group-pressured-ministers.html

those darned kids
    Participant

mr. roboto: just tell them you are not vaccinated (regardless if you are or not), and the emails will stop.

Noirette
    Participant

What Craig Murray did was to write about, detail, cover, on his blog, the trial of Alex Salmond, ex Scottish First Minister, who was accused of (don’t recall the exact terms) indulging in sexual harrasment, so > a court case, with 10 or more complaints.

The jury judged him not guilty of all the charges except one, which was “not proven.”

Murray wrote about the trial and did not divulge the names of the complainants – who were all obviously liars, inventing ridiculous nonsense. (They are protected under the laws that keeps victims of sex-crimes anonymous.) No, repeat, No MSM outlet covered the trial properly, or even at all. Some intimated that Justice wasn’t served / it is hard to prosecute sex pests, get a good result / whatever.

This is a common tactic to discredit men who are in oppo. There was an effort to get the Geneva Gvmt. to accord asylum to Assange (I knew it would fail..still I tried to do my bit..)

Those terrified of such a move / totally opposed to it, fell back on “Assange is a rapist, we can’t do that” which shows that the accusations are put out there to serve as a rationale for contra-actions against the person, demonising them – it is not necessary for anything to be ‘proved’ or even ‘believed in’ ..The slander serves as an excuse to bow down. (By Switz. to the US in this case.)

—> OK this ain’t flash news, many ppl know all this, but it bears repeating.

Murray’s other, extra, sin is that he is for Scottish independence.

Apparently.. ? Alex Salmond hasn’t come out to defend Murray or support him. This is a much graver moral failing than pinching some aides bottoms. Heh. 🙂

Mr. House
    Participant
    those darned kids
    Participant

if the government can have SAGE, the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies,

the people should must form PARSLEY, the People’s Association for Real, Sensible, Logical Examination of Yemergencies.

now, that’s “equity”.

Mr. House
    Participant

Related to that rueters “factcheck”/ blatant lying. Connecting the Dots

Conflating virus fear & politicising media: the Rothschild connection

Mr. House
    Participant

ummmm this can’t be true:

Jim Smith, chairman of the Reuters Foundation and King of the Fact Checkers is also a senior director of Pfizer.
    Fact-check that!
    https://www.pfizer.com/people/leadership/board-of-directors/james_smith

Bill7
    Participant

Regarding this headline: ‘UK government panel claims Covid mutation with 35% death rate a ‘realistic possibility,’ suggests new strains may ‘evade’ vaccines’:

An alternate, provisional take is that it’s more conditionin of us for a culling that they’ll call “died of Da Covid”.

Bill7
    Participant

Regarding this headline: ‘UK government panel claims Covid mutation with 35% death rate a ‘realistic possibility,’ suggests new strains may ‘evade’ vaccines’:

An alternate, provisional take is that it’s more conditioning of us for a culling; one that they’ll call “died of Da Covid”.

those darned kids
    Participant

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A local expert is urging parents of infants to not let their baby sleep in a swing that has now the subject of a massive, nationwide recall.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Fisher-Price announced the recalls of the Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Rock ‘n Glide Soothers and 2-in-1 Soothe ‘n Play Gliders. There have been reports of four infant deaths in the 4-in-1 product, and the infants were reportedly placed on their backs unrestrained and later found on their stomachs.

••••••••••••••

Over 8 Million pounds of chicken recalled by Tyson Foods because it may be “adulterated” with Listeria monocytogenes. Three people have become sick, at least one of those died after eating the Tyson chicken and becoming sick with Listeriosis.

••••••••••••••

WASHINGTON, July 28, 2021

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Waupaca Elevator Company, of Appleton, Wis., are reannouncing a 2018 recall and warning consumers not to use recalled Waupaca elevators until an overspeed safety device is installed by a local dealer. There have been incidents reported of the elevators falling unexpectedly without the overspeed safety device installed, including one resulting in a death.

••••••••••••••

VAERS COVID Vaccine Data Reports

518,769 Reports
    through July 23, 2021*

DEATHS

HOSPITALIZATIONS

URGENT CARE

OFFICE VISITS

ANAPHYLAXIS

BELL’S PALSY

Miscarriages

Heart Attacks

Myocarditis/Pericarditis

Permanently Disabled

Thrombocytopenia/
    Low Platelet

Life Threatening

Severe Allergic Reaction

Tinnitus

Recalls

••••••••••••••

Aflatoxin pet food recall goes international; 110 deaths JANUARY 25, 2021

Midwestern Pet Foods, Inc. may have exported the recalled product to one consignee, respectively, in each of the following countries: Bahrain, Barbados, Chile, Costa Rica, Curacao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Polynesia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Korea, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Singapore, Taiwan, Trinidad, Ukraine, UAE, Uruguay, and Vietnam.

On January 25, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced a list of countries to which pet food containing dangerous levels of aflatoxin may have been exported by Midwestern Pet Foods. As of January 21, 2021, FDA is aware of more than 110 pets that have died and more than…

••••••••••••••

Give & Go Prepared Foods announced this week that it is recalling more than two dozen types of its packaged muffins sold at national retailers because of a risk that they could be contaminated with listeria. This bacteria can cause significant and sometimes deadly infections in young children, older people, those who are pregnant, and people with weakened immune systems.

There have been no reported illnesses. The company says it is recalling the muffins out of an abundance of caution.

••••••••••••••

Real Water, a premium bottled water, recalled amid death and liver illnesses 5/21/2021

Federal authorities have ordered a complete recall of the Las Vegas-based bottled water brand Real Water and ordered the company to surrender records in investigations of at least one death and multiple cases of liver illness among people who reported drinking it.

••••••••••••••

phoenixvoice
    Participant

@ kimo
    Your post on CRT gave me such a good laugh. :D. Thx.

@ v Arnold…love that you brought up Voltaire

So enjoyed reading Candide in college. Enjoyed it so much that I then wrote a paper for my lit class comparing the book of Candide to Sondheim’s musical of the same name, contrasting it with the original play and subsequent opera of The Marriage of Figaro.

Lyrics to last song in Sondheim’s musical version of Candide:
    CANDIDE
    You’ve been a fool
    And so have I,
    But come and be my wife.
    And let us try,
    Before we die,
    To make some sense of life.
    We’re neither pure, nor wise, nor good
    We’ll do the best we know.
    We’ll build our house and chop our wood
    And make our garden grow…
    And make our garden grow.
    CUNEGONDE
    I thought the world
    Was sugar cake
    For so our master said.
    But, now I’ll teach
    My hands to bake
    Our loaf of daily bread.
    CANDIDE AND CUNEGONDE
    And make our garden grow…
    (ensemble enters in gardening gear and a cow walks on)
    CANDIDE, CUNEGONDE, MAXIMILLIAN, PAQUETTE, OLD LADY, DR. PANGLOSS
    Let dreamers dream
    What worlds they please
    Those Edens can’t be found.
    The sweetest flowers,
    The fairest trees
    Are grown in solid ground.
    ENSEMBLE (a cappella)
    And make our garden grow!
    (The cow dies)
    VOLTAIRE
    Ah, me! The pox!

phoenixvoice
    Participant

@ mr roboto

Meanwhile, I’m still unsubscribing from e-mails I get from “Team Blue” spammers. I suspect some of them may be disregarding those notifications from me.”

Lol, me, too. Although I’m not getting as many as I used to. And the snail mail versions go through the paper shredder with the rest of the non-plastic junk mail to line my hens’ nest boxes.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@darned kids … now, now … you rational logical analytical logistical rationalist … just what is it you are implying with that “recall” comment you posted? /sarc

phoenixvoice
    Participant

Re TDK
    “ PARSLEY, the People’s Association for Real, Sensible, Logical Examination of Yemergencies.”

Nice one!

upstateNYer
    Participant

A question related to the *suggestions* that have been made over the past few days for improving/clarifying TAE Summary’s recent post. TAE Summary’s posts are positively brilliant. They are a bit tongue-in-cheek and don’t seem to be intended to be taken as the all-encompassing summary of “all that is.”

I can’t imagine offering even a little, er, positive criticism of TAE Summary since I couldn’t come close to one of those posts if I tried. For hours. Or days, probably.

I’m wondering why we seem to be getting a bit snarly around here of late? We have several insightful and sensitive commenters on here … your ideas on that??

those darned kids
    Participant

upstate: “rational logical analytical logistical rationalist”

oh, crap, oh, crap, oh, crap, i’m gonna get that tattoo so my wife never, ever, never forgets!

phoenix: thanx. i tried rosemary and thyme, too. when i got to the “y” in parsley, i thought ¿what would ted (geisel*) do?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

too bad we cannot put dr. seuss (pbuh) in charge of <echo>THE RESPONSE</echo>. at least it would rhyme in diagonal pentametre.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@darned kids: off topic … how the heck do you do the upside down question marks?

upstateNYer
    Participant

@willem: “Amazing foresight by Van Gogh, who knew exactly what AOC looked like before she was even born!”

I went back and took another look at the Van Gogh after reading your comment. omg – you are correct! It is uncanny. lol

those darned kids
    Participant

on mac, it’s option+shift+?
    on bill’s box, it’s probably not an option. just kidding: enter system control panel, diffuse neutron generator, mumble, and then ask clippy.

i actually looked up the windows method, but i’m gnu here so i musn’t fill up the necessary 3 pages of comment space.

Dr. D
    Participant

I try not to divide and only respond to it as frustrating and illogical, so:

Does someone have an actual breakdown of unvaccinated? As I understand, there are conservatives, yes, but didn’t I read the real numbers were the young? And they got no traction in the black community? Both those later groups are statistically Democrats, although their reluctance may not add up to 50%. I suspect I haven’t seen the stats because they don’t support The Narrative™. That is, we make up the story, then the facts to support it.

For the discussion, a) obviously, and people are just asking cafone to back up a little and be aware of room for others.

My read is peculiar, as our host is that smallest of minorities: i.e. Dutch, and like minorities he is a whole person, with free agency and equal ability and doesn’t need anyone to fight his battles, as he’s fully capable himself. But it’s nice when people do it anyway. A little.

Sadly, stopping donations to Team Blue won’t have much effect now that they are the party of the government and super-rich. On that note, Dore covered the People’s Party now forced to picket AOC’s office – so she and her staff suddenly remembered she had to take the day off and close. Because no M4A, pro-police, pro-war, anti-student loan, all that, embarrassing. Following Pride Boston, articles on gay and particularly lesbians fleeing the loopy side of trans, driving a huge hole in LGBTQAA+ etc. And thanks to them, I, yes I, am LGBTQ. …The “A” stands for “Ally” which I am, so I’m a full-fledged member and citizen of course. And so is essentially everybody else. …Or is this just a lot of words and definitions we change whenever we want to club someone and pull up the rope of the treehouse? That is, just a lot of lies?

A little concerned with the attempt at worldwide martial law – yes in Oz, and floating truckloads of balloons in the ‘States, but I try to keep in mind this means they’re losing, losing, losing. I hope. But retreating armies can make a mess and burn everything. If I were writing a story, I’d feed them rope, as seemed to have worked over and over here for 5-7 years, and make THEM call the martial law. Then the U.S. Military, as enactors of said law, double-cross them and actually FOLLOW THE LAW, sidelining the government and reinforcing the Constitution. Never saw that coming, because it is inconceivable to weasels. That would be the funniest ever. Rumor has it the vaccine deaths are coming in about October as Vitamin D falls, so a) they need to get everyone in by then, yes, partially so they will refuse to believe it, partially to have enough that the free men are a minority small enough to be murdered, and b) because when this happens any remaining credibility and obedience will be blown apart by that happening. Already it’s really bad. BBee follows this, “CDC Still Baffled Anyone Pays Attention to Them”. It’s getting to be like, every article, every day for them, and indistinguishable from CNN. The viral load report is the biggest screw up in the history of medical screw ups, I think, and we’re just getting started.. Flip-flopping on masks again is going to make the country lose their minds. And has, from the look on the ground. They have nothing in more than half the states, and zero chance of getting any, so they’re saying what? Calling what? Anybody care? Anybody out there?

Somehow have to survive these last few months as they’re blown open, like the Battle of the Bulge.

“Neither Wise nor Good” should be the Docktor’s motto.

how the heck do you do the upside down question marks?” You turn your keyboard upside down of course. (Search “Unicode” and OS language settings)

Dr. D
    Participant

BBee:

“Man Disguises Self As Illegal Immigrant So Democrats Won’t Care That He’s Unvaccinated”

“Liberal Feels Sad For Man Dying Of COVID, Then Happy After Hearing He Wasn’t Vaccinated, Then Sad Again Because He Was An Illegal Immigrant”

“Scientists Warn Of New Supersized Double Mega Limited Edition Teenage Mutant Ninja Snyder Cut COVID Variant With Frickin’ Laser Cannons”

“American People Call On Capitol Police To Arrest All Of Congress Whether They’re Wearing A Mask Or Not”

“Face Masks Found To Be Effective At Making You Look Like A Giant Dummy Who Doesn’t Know How Vaccines Work”

“Study Finds 97% Of Statements Following ‘Experts Say’ Are Completely Made Up”

‘I Thought I Was Going To Die’, Says Capitol Police Officer Who Held Door Open For Protestors On Jan. 6″

So if anyone wants to donate, they take money.

upstateNYer
    Participant

I’m late to the conversation, been busy today, but there is a decent-sized crop of interesting, insightful and downright humorous comments posted here. Like this one …

@darned kids: “i’ve been saying “Meanwhile, in Sweden…” to myself EVERY DAY FOR THE LAST 17,353,498 HOURS OF DUMPDOWN, LUMPDOWN, DROWNDOWN AND CRAPDOWN** imposed on us prolitos, “little proles”, by the sociopathists*** who have chosen themselves to be our leaders”

I’ve not done the math so don’t know if the hours are correct, but the “DUMPDOWN, LUMPDOWN, DROWNDOWN AND CRAPDOWN” part of that comment is freakin’ hilarious. 🙂

upstateNYer
    Participant

@Dr D … turning my keyboard upside down now … will report back.

Michael Reid
    Participant

Re: the air smells funny

I received 30 cases of 24 cans of evaporated milk this week. I then ordered 60 cases more. I have suspended brewing stout and I am living on the teat these days. I get more work done and save money

upstateNYer
    Participant

Btw, I think the vaccinated are already starting to have health problems. It’s hidden. I was texting with a friend last night whose mother in law has been having trouble breathing lately so had a PET scan this past week. Results show something on the lung. They’re thinking lymphoma so are going to do a biopsy.

Mouthy me asked, was she vaccinated? (dumb and risky, I don’t recommend this approach). Response was “Yes”. I mentioned, perhaps, the option of doing a D-dimer test to evaluate potential blood clotting prior to doing an invasive biopsy.

Yes, the mother in law is a senior. Maybe this problem has nothing to do with her vaccination. But no one will ever know because no one will look. How many people like this exist right now? How many will surface over the coming months? How will we ever know anything about any of this?

I have to say, I was pretty disheartened last night as I started counting in my head all the vaccinated friends and family I have.

upstateNYer
    Participant

Re: “the air smells funny”

Yup. Tripling down on stockpiling and prep.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@michael: keep brewing stout. If the chips are down, you can barter that for just about anything you need.

I’m also stockpiling alcohol now. What can I say? 😉

Michael Reid
    Participant

@ upstateNYer

Last winter I did the research to obtain 96 percent ethanol.

The stout was costing around 1 dollar per litre to produce. I estimate the ethanol will cost 1 dollar per litre and it will go a lot further than the stout. I am glad to be thinking about this as I will need to tool up for production by fall

Archie
    Participant

I appreciate those that took the time to give me feedback. All good points and well taken. Thank you.

madamski cafone
    Participant

“For the discussion, a) obviously, and people are just asking cafone to back up a little and be aware of room for others.”

Persnickety, I am. Big AND small print, read I. This means that, that if people just wanted a little room, i.e., less me, they could asnd should ask. Nice. Not dive in like kamikazes. I have no prob per se with direct, aggressive, even insultiung, so long as it owns itself as such and doesn’t hide behind petticoat propriety. And address me by name. It’s basic social relations 101.

Take a slug at me. I might even deserve itBut mean what you say and say what you mean.

Right Between the Eyes

I get in trouble because when I feel a situation warrants, I dive in kamikaze. FOUL language. Upfront ad hoiminems. In-the-face. To me, it’s just another communication/social tool. It was almost thrilling to see Archie and V. Arnold finally get direct even though it hurt my feelings because I too have a tender ego in there somewhere.

So, if one wants less me, and a little more room (a fallacious notion I’ll address in a second), say so.

But this is not a college colurse. There is no test at the end. You are not required to read and comprehend every post or article. If scrolling a bit more than usual to ignore me is too much effort for a person, I don’t see why I should even bother considering their complaint.

There are people here I tend to ignore and others I always read. Kinda like it is out there in that mondo thing on which we circle the sun.

Ask Me Nice… or get in my face. I respect both. The “nice” stuff inbetween I treat as an optional gift I give when it suits me. Middle-of-the-raod is, for me the lukewarmth that Jesus said was neither hot tea or cold beer.

I’m happy to talk about me, and am flattered some of yez take the attention in me, but I can’t possibly imagine I’n’I being more talk-worthy than the tolpics we normally traffic in.

WES
    Participant

Michael:

Good olde Carnation evaporated milk! As you know I grew up on that stuff. Powder mixed with the cans.

My Mom still used evaporated milk in the cans as cream in her coffee and tea until she died!

I would imagine the stout might taste better! Probably not so good for your innards though! But agree when the chips are down, great tradeable currency! Afterall when times are tough, many folks need to drown their sorrows!

madamski cafone
    Participant

Balkanization at the governmental molecular level.

“Arizona school district defies state law, will mandate masks in fall
    Phoenix Union High School district officials say they’re changing course to protect their employees and families.” July 30, 2021 – 11:09pm

upstateNYer
    Participant

Dr D: “For the discussion, a) obviously, and people are just asking cafone to back up a little and be aware of room for others.”

Welll … that’s not entirely accurate, is it?

There’s been name calling, inference that madam is a plant controlling the conversation, comments that off-topic posts are not welcome, etc. Don’t see where that type of thing necessarily equates with “asking for space”? If people want more space they should ask for it. No beating around the bush needed. No??

One thing I will [bluntly] ask madam to do in the future is … provide input without criticizing the commenter you are responding to. Sorry, dudette, but you can be super critical of other perspectives. I enjoy and appreciate a lot of the posts on here. When you constantly dis others, I constantly can’t be bothered to read your posts.

If you can post without criticism of others you may find you get a different vibe from this board.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Dr. D: Does someone have an actual breakdown of unvaccinated?

You inspired me to look at some of the official numbers of the fully vaccinated in the US, for what it’s worth. The CDC presents it in a way that, to me, obscures the real picture. I did a simple analysis using spreadsheet data from the CDC, with some help from the census.gov sites.

The CDC data currently shows 164,446,964 people in the US are fully vaccinated (which is 49% of total US population, including children).

Race/Ethnicity was reported for 103,554,182 (63%) of the people fully vaccinated.
    Race/Ethnicity was not reported for 57,892,782 (37%) of the people fully vaccinated.

Below is the breakdown for the numbers of the fully vaccinated (where the Race/Ethnicity was reported), shown as a percentage of the total population of each Race/Ethnicity grouping in the US.
    (Keep in mind that the Race/Ethnicity for more than a third of the fully vaccinated has not been identified, so the actual numbers in this breakdown should be higher, but that still leaves a lot of unvaccinated people, slightly more than half of the total population).

At least 23% of the Black (Non_Hispanic) population are known to be fully vaccinated.
    At least 28% of the Hispanic/Latino population are known to be fully vaccinated.
    At least 30% of the White (Non_Hispanic) population are known to be fully vaccinated.
    At least 30% of the Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander (Non_Hispanic) population are known to be fully vaccinated.
    At least 34% of the Asian (Non_Hispanic) population are known to be fully vaccinated.
    At least 36% of the American Indian/Alaska Native (Non_Hispanic) population are known to be fully vaccinated.
    At least 109% of the Multiple/Other (Non_Hispanic) population are known to be fully vaccinated. (This could mean that more people were identifying as “Multiple” or “Other” race/ethnicity when vaccinated, compared to in the census data.)

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccination-demographic
    https://www.census.gov/popclock/

WES
    Participant

Michael:

I see Trudeau just bailed out Newfoundland’s Muskrat Falls project so electricity costs no longer need to double. Not sure how it affects you being off grid. Guess you could be happy or pissed off?

P.S. We are enjoying fall like weather here in Ontario over the Civic long weekend. Have guests so a real downer. I guess you will get it in the next few days.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.