Debt Rattle June 16 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 16 2018

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Paul Gauguin Nevermore 1897   • Trump Sets Tariffs On $50 Billion In Chinese Goods; Beijing Strikes Back (R.) • Why The U.S.-China Trade Deficit
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 16 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

The U.N. completely broken and worthless.
    Orwell’s 1984 inches closer by the day; in fact it’s here, but not yet complete.
    There is no hope to be found; the west is hope less.
    It remains to be seen what the SCO and BRICKS will accomplish beyond an economic union…
    That is said understanding that the west (USA) is in decline; I see collapse velocity increasing until a sudden finish. A most dangerous time for the planet. A cornerd, dying, vicious, beast is at its most dangerous then…

V. Arnold
    Participant

The children; historically civilization’s most valuable asset, are now relegated to trash; or less?
    Whoa is us…

Dr. D
    Participant

Tariffs are always and everywhere bad, except we’ve always had them. The U.S. was the country with free(r) trade, while Japan, China — and American cars — were locked out. As the world’s reserve currency, the American empire made up that loss on the Treasury purchases, printing endless free money, some of it off the books. But when the US$ is no longer the reserve currency, then tariffs…? That’s right, the other end of the bridge will collapse, and the U.S. needs to adjust before then.

So since we all have always had tariffs, and they’re always being adjusted, what is this “Trade War” they name? What does “Metastasize” mean? Not that it isn’t happening, but as usual, a lot of headline-grabbing that misdirects from what might be more important — the collapse of the US$ world reserve currency and U.S. empire, including withdrawing its military.

The immigration thing is, as all reporting, disingenuine. Bill Clinton’s quote aside, if you are going to have legal immigration, with paperwork, then you need to turn back people at the border. That’s just physics: you either are doing a thing, or not doing. So, after widely advertising that the rules have changed, you stop quite a large number of people, which will include families. That means you are holding them, which must be in official police detention. Okay. So will you a) throw the children and infants into the adult incarceration centers, or b) remove them to be put in a softer facility for children? Don’t answer too quickly: the media will crucify you either way: it’s inhumane to hold the children with the adults, AND inhumane to remove them.

But I smell a trap: how can every possible response be inhumane? I mean, did they expect that by breaking a law widely reported to be tightening up, we would place whole families in comfortable apartments, with green cards and job placement? Honey, we don’t even do that for our OWN citizens who are dying by the thousands. If not, then being detained by the police MUST involve incarceration, judicial processing, and almost certain deportation until you, like the pizza driver in NY, fill out some paperwork and get some legal standing. I mean: I do it. What do you think they’re going to do to me at the first traffic stop without a driver’s license, or my first IRS inspection where there are no W-4 records of my employment? Jail, jail, jail. Can I bring my kids? No!!!

So why did you bring your children — infants even — to hop a militarized border? I know things are grave worldwide, and if I had to I would, but no man, no family, would put their children at risk by even attempting it: they’d mail the money home, duh. …Which they’re not risking as the media suggests, they’re safer than with the human traffickers that brought them, since the children and NOT being tossed in with the adults, and I presume the men are not tossed in with the women (as we’ve seen how hazardous the trafficker’s treatment of women can be), but are processed in the government’s ordinary, badly run, not-nice way; the same way me and every other citizen gets treated when we forget to pay so much as a registration fee, or talk too loud at a school board meeting. We get towed, incarcerated and adjudicated, usually badly, and usually convicted.

They act like this is special: it’s not. If I broke the law, I would expect to be arrested, and take pretty bad treatment for it because the system stinks. There’s also a not-small chance I would be shot for interacting with an officer at all, so it seems generally safer to be an immigrant than a citizen. But I would not expect to be picked up for a felony and let go, much less placed in a medium-term housing center with my family and a full fridge. There’s a well-advertised process called “law” with the offenses and consequences all written down in painful detail. Have these guys been watching too much TV? Where would you get the idea the world works like this? (…I’m talking about the reporters…) In broad terms if you’re not a citizen, you have no rights. It’s a shaky situation at best, and this is not just here, but worldwide. What do you think Mexico will do to me if I sneak in there with no passport and no papers? I suspect it would involve my near-certain death. Canada? Nope. Certain jail and deportation. How about China? Italy? Can I fly there, jump my travel visa, and work in Milan and they’ll let me keep the kids? No. No. No.

So why these guys?

“All Americans, not only in the states most heavily affected but in every place in this country, are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country,” Mr. Clinton said. “The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers.
    “That’s why our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders more by hiring a record number of new border guards, by deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before, by cracking down on illegal hiring, by barring welfare benefits to illegal aliens,” he said. “In the budget I will present to you, we will try to do more to speed the deportation of illegal aliens who are arrested for crimes, to better identify illegal aliens in the workplace.
    “We are a nation of immigrants, but we are also a nation of laws. It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it.” – Bill Clinton, 1995

Charles Alban
    Participant

The African “immigrants”, “refugees”, “asylum seekers” or whatever you call them have to be rounded up and sent home. There is nothing for them in Europe. They are not employable. The wise lament neither for the living nor the dead…Bhagavad-gita. .

V. Arnold
    Participant

Charles Alban
    They are not employable. The wise lament neither for the living nor the dead…Bhagavad-gita. .
    There are always homilies, seemingly appropriate to any given situation; but; where is the empathy and compassion for a people disposessed against their will.
    As MLK said; the U.S. is the largest purveyor of violence on the planet and the refugees (and I’ll not argue semantics here) are a direct result of U.S. war on the M.E. and North Africa.
    I pity the self described civilized world; most of whom have no sense of the word civilized…

oxymoron
    Participant

I’ve been thinkin’ a lot about media bullshit and how total it is these days and it got me pondering the very direct correlation between debt and slavery and how many journos wanna keep up the house repayments and pay the kids medical bills or afford food basically which I guess puts em in a position where they kinda do what they’re told.
    It’s like the Central Bank Money printing just works on so many levels to keep every one ‘on message’. Cos if you are say 30 and you are paying off a house in Sydney and want to work in news then you can’t be too far from the office most of the time and that means you are paying off a house that costs 1 million dollars! The editor says to you that the thing you wrote about Yemen and the American Military just isn’t gunna cut it so clean up your act or you’ll be looking for another job and you have to think to yourself – Am I gunna wait tables or just scrap the idea of telling the truth? I mean I have a family to feed……
    Any thoughts?

Thoughts-a-plenty Oxy. Good description of how the ‘system’ works. The younger you are, the greater fool you are. A few days ago, I quoted this article about how the mom and pop bank lends money to their kids just to make sure the valuations of their own properties hold up. For now. That fits the description of Ponzi like nothing else.

zerosum
    Participant

media bullshit

The media don’t talk about
    A tariff is a tax.

Its a source of income for all gov.

Its a tax on their people.

The media is lying by omission and diversion.

Nassim
    Participant

oxymoron and Dr D. Spot on.

I have been saying this stuff for years and have probably lost some friends as a consequence. Others, take me for an old crank.

A couple of French kids are staying in this airbnb. They go to elite universities – École Polytechnique and Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussees. Both studying engineering. They told me last night that they voted for Macron – because they could not possibly vote for Marine Le Pen. I told them that they have to vote for people who stop immigration from the 3rd world to France and who start sending these guys back. I said that by the time they get to my age, France will be African – and I am glad that I won’t be around to see it.

You should have seen their faces fall. They understood the logic of my argument but they were so indoctinated by the neo-Trotskyists who are running the media and who control the political classes of France, UK, US, Israel etc. that they could not handle it. To get to an elite school, you have to pretend to believe the BS that is hitting you every day. If you show the slightest sign of independent thought, you are out in the cold.

Tonight, I am proposing to show them a detailed picture of a gigantic beam travelling sideways at high speed from one of the 3 buildings of 9/11 and to ask them to explain to me where the energy came from. Newton’s Laws of Motion were suspended on that day according to the 9/11 “investigation”

https://www.metabunk.org/data/MetaMirrorCache/contrailscience.com_skitch_site1085_20120628_111320.jpg

It is fun to watch smart people squirming. Call me a sadist. 🙂

V. Arnold
    Participant
    V. Arnold
    Participant

I found this site, and it’s quite interesting and informative.
    Some good sources; Hedges and Martin to name a couple of them.

https://www.greanvillepost.com/

tabarnick
    Participant

Nassim,

Take a bucket of pebbles, and pour them out to the ground. As they hit the ground, or each other, you will notice some of them travelling sideways at high speed. Things falling down may hit an obstacle that is off vertically from their center of gravity and ricochet sideways. The fact that you find this unexplainable by natural means is what is puzzling to me.

tabarnick
    Participant

Charles Alban,

You are absolutely correct. In the Netherlands, one of the european countries with extremely low unemployment (3.9% last I checked), 89% of refugees are unemployed 2 and a half years after their arrival. Of those working, only 15% have a full-time job. There you have it: less than 2% have a full-time job, two and a half years after their arrival.

According to Jan van de Beek, researcher on dutch migrations, many migrants have had no decent education. According to him, the few jobs they qualify for are not interesting to them, since they can get as much or nearly so without doing anything.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/1925440/statushouder-werkloos

The idea that these migrants are anything but a burden on the society they move to, unannounced, a burden that gets heavier and heavier month after month and year after year, is a pipedream. Unless kept in check, this phenomenon will continue until the standard of living in France or Italy is no better than the one in Nigeria or Morocco.

tabarnick
    Participant

V. Arnold
    “The refugees are a direct result of U.S. war on the M.E. and North Africa”

I will lament the idiotic “humanitarian regime change operations” in Iraq, Libya and Syria. I will curse the idiotic war-mongering politicians that launched them, George W Bush, Tony Blair, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Nicolas Sarkozy.

And yet, I will reiterate what I wrote last year in this very comment section last year: “the top country of origin of Mediterranean migrants are Guinea, Nigeria, Côte d’Ivoire and Bangladesh”. The migrants, for the most part, are NOT fleeing Syria or Libya. Guinea, Nigeria, Côte d’Ivoire and Bangladesh are NOT the theater of war by the US, they are not even part of the Middle-East and North Africa.

zerosum
    Participant

“… these migrants are a burden on the society…”

The elites will implement “the final solution” in the countries that you cant imagine.
    (I’m not reffering to a ware zone countries)

tabarnick
    Participant

zerosum,

Who are those elites? Donald Trump? Angela Merkel? Rachel Maddow? Matteo Salvini? Angelina Jolie? Bill Gates? Jean-Claude Juncker? Lebron James? Mark Zuckerberg? Vladimir Putin? Oprah Winfrey? Bernard-Henri Lévy? Who? We want names!

What sinister ‘final solution’ do you imagine they are up to? In what countries (not in a ware[sic] zone), exactly?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.