Debt Rattle June 23 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 23 2015

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Wyland Stanley Marmon touring car at Yosemite 1919 • Greece: “It’s Like We Bought A Bad Franchise” (SMH) • Greece Is A Sideshow. The Eurozone Has Fail
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 23 2015]

tabarnick
    Participant

The Automatic Earth: all greek debt, all the time

Ken Barrows
    Participant

Greek leaders aren’t using exiting the Euro as leverage. Hence, the majority of Greeks will feel it good and hard (not so good, really).

Raleigh
    Participant

“The thought is that if average Chinese feel wealthy, they’ll buy into Xi’s vision of a “China Dream” and the legitimacy of the Communist Party.”

Hardly. I think it has more to do with bailing out the elite who got in over their heads with the building boom or the manufacturers who are up to their necks in debt. This is a very good way to milk the peasants of their hard-earned money, allowing the insiders to get in first, then get out and pay back their debts.

Anyone?

₿oogaloo
    Participant

I find it odd that people think it is unhealthy for adult children to live with their parents. In Asia it is actually the norm for children to live with their parents until they get married. Even after the kids get married, historically it was considered ideal to have multiple generations under one roof. However, the smaller living spaces often make this impractical.

Compare this to the West where the homes tend to be way too large and people idealize owning a home where most of the rooms will be empty and unused. Seems bizarre to me.

I think it is a healthy thing for the children to return home. It might actually strengthen some of the social bonds that have been growing progressively weaker over the last half century. If economic necessity forces that, so what?

tabarnac: yeah, there’s lots of it, I know, and I’m off to Athens tomorrow, so…

boogaloo: not sure that unhealthy is the issue, or perhaps we should say it relates to financial rather than physical health

Nassim
    Participant

The link for the John Wight Barbarossa article should be:

https://rt.com/op-edge/268717-operation-barbarossa-ww2-ussr-hitler/

Thank you. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.