Debt Rattle June 28 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 28 2015

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Harris&Ewing Goat team, Washington, DC 1917 • A Perfect Storm Of Crises Blows Apart European Unity (Guardian) • The Losses For The EU Lenders Are Trul
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 28 2015]

Formerly T-Bear
    Participant

That’s got to be cute, cutting Emergency Loan Access to Greek banks. Is there any more sure fire way to destroy trust in banks than that, to make the banks themselves illiquid? There goes trust and confidence altogether, might as well get in the wrecking crew and tear down the buildings, they won’t be needed anymore, the barter and black economies will thrive. What happens when other economically stressed countries see what is happening in Greece? How much confidence and trust do they have in their banking systems then? Can you spell *contagion*? – ‘c’, ‘o’, ‘n’, ‘t’, ‘a’, ‘g’, ‘i’, ‘o’, ‘n’ just like that and spreads about as fast as fire in a desiccated forest in a high wind. What are they thinking? Who voted for the stupid in public office to begin with? Does holding public office necessitate passing an intelligence test before entry?

Greenpa
    Participant

“Second, the losses for the EU lenders are truly eye-watering. The two bail-out packages for Greece amount to €215.8 billion.”

Yah, yah; but the Lenders (Owners) know perfectly well, those Billions are only digital ones and zeros – which they themselves created a short time ago. What having to rearrange the digits means- they won’t be able to buy those factories in Romania this year – they’ll have to wait until next year, when they can tinker up the digits again.

So I don’t think we’ll see any of them jumping from bank ledges, this time.

Greenpa
    Participant

I saw Klein speak, at length, in February of this year.

Meh.

I was not impressed with her actual intellectual grasp of – well, anything. And boy, she accents the “mi” in Naomi, a lot. No question though- she does draw crowds.

seychelles
    Participant

“a large part of the blame for this ever deepening debacle lies at the doors of the International Monetary Fund”

Uh-oh. Pirhanas start to feed on other pirhanas. Now this is good circus material.
    Enjoy!

Greenpa
    Participant

Incidentally, in the Stooges Side Show: “Another Japanese trading firm, Itochu Corporation, spent about one billion dollars 4 years ago to buy shares in a US resources company to develop shale gas fields.

But mounting losses caused Itochu this month to sell the shares back to the company for one dollar and leave the business completely.”

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/news/biztec.html

I still love NHK as a news source- the current Abe administration has done everything it can to muzzle, castrate, and gut them – but they continue to put out News-

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

Looks like Goldman believes as I do, that the EU has been trying to push Greece out on purpose–thus the incredible negotiating style that’s hard to comprehend otherwise. Better to push them out and be in control of it, than allow something organic and out of control to occur–like a democratic referendum. And also get the exit to happen in your desired time and place–classic Art of War. But Greece, like Russia, is not cooperating with the right moves, right response, and right time frame.

Hey, maybe they can pull off a clean exit anyway–their actions suggest they think so.

Look for the Turkstream to be the real focus now, whatever the day’s news. Greece being de-facto tied into Russia, and the Balkan Stream, (not Eastring through EU-friendly Bulgaria and Romania) would be a key to re-open the Slavic Balkans back to Russia and the Eurasian Trade Union/BRICS.

Look at the chessboard: if that happens, Russia can poach Greece from NATO, breaking it, own the land connection from the middle east to Europe for energy, and reclaim the whole peninsula to their influence right up to Italy. –A big step towards going around the U.S., and getting the “Lisbon to Vladivostok” road moving without obstructions. You might say this is not what it’s about, but if so, why did Nuland spend $5B to take Ukraine and obstruct it, doing some amazing things there, like sending NATO troops, creating military support treaties, and bailing out them endlessly with the IMF while refusing Greece?

I guess we’ll find out. But it’s larger than just whether Greece pays their debts. –They’re re-configuring the very balance of Europe. Or trying to, anyway.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.