Debt Rattle March 24 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 24 2020

• This topic has 26 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by WES.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

DPC City Hall subway station, New York 1904   • Coronavirus Survived In Vacated Cruise Ship Cabins For Up To 17 Days (CNBC) • 46.5% Of Diamond Pr
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 24 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Imagine the earth protecting herself from mankind by debilitating its powers to destroy her any further.

Yeah, imagine that…
    Gaia is her name…

oxymoron
    Participant

Giuseppe Berardelli offered a love that endures beyond his person. What a gift, what a man. Humbled

upstateNYer
    Participant

“Imagine the earth protecting herself from mankind by debilitating its powers to destroy her any further.”

Nature bats last.

As for these numbers:

It took 67 days from the first reported case to reach the first 100,000 cases, 11 days for the second 100,000 cases and just four days for the third 100,000 cases

300,000 cases were reached sometime early March 22. There are over 392,000 cases right now, so give it an hour, maybe two.

Dr. D
    Participant

“It took 67 days from the first reported case to reach the first 100,000 cases,”

Cases mean nothing. I have a “case” of the common coronavirus flu every year and don’t notice. We’ve had 17,000 deaths in 4 months. There are 100,000 deaths every 4 months from influenza. Tortoise and Hare race sure has a long way to go to catch up. It’s 83,000 deaths short of “normal” “unimportant” “unreported” “ignored” deaths. Keep trying. However, if we shut the economy down we can kill way more than 400,000 a year. Too late. That was more “experts” in the CDC, Fauci et al.

If everyone’s infected, there’s no more need for lockdowns.”

Yes! Your numbers mean N O T H I N G because you have no denominator for your numerator. We’re about to find that out in the U.S. as (accurate) testing appears.

The US went from 409 cases two weeks ago to … 100,000 line in a few days,”

Yes, and we only barely crossed the line of deaths that occur in NYC in one DAY (~402). Oh noes. 402 / 330 Million = 0.000012. You know, on par with sharknadoes. AND we’ve now responded and already have an easy and solid treatment.

Coronavirus Treatment Developed By Gilead Granted “Rare Disease” Status (IC)”

As predicted, Fauci is going to slow our response, get more infected, then fight FOR $300k respirators and violently AGAINST $50 cholorquine. The media is doing everything they can to support this. “If you drink a gallon of choroquine you’ll diiiiiiiiiiiiiie!!!” (Thanks NBC, “Not News Network”) Yeah, and a gallon of caffeine or whiskey too. Ah, experts! Anything to lie, murder, and increase profits. Don’t see that happening. We’re not in the mood to humor them right now.

‘Miracle’ Malaria Drug Saved Us From Coronavirus, Claim Americans (DM)”

Nope, Trump is dum, false hope, shut down the economy and get people into ICU on $300k respirators.

“War Couldn’t Stop Parliament, So Why Should COVID-19? (Aus.)”

Maybe it would be a mercy to shut down, instead of being so soft we’d give up our worldwide rights for the death rate of one day of traffic because a flickering box told me so. We make up fantasy problems from our heads and accuse and persecute others for psychotic inventions. Maybe a society like that should fail and be taken over by actual men. Because apparently no one has heard of “teleconferencing”. Invented in the 90’s? …The 1890’s, with the “telephone”.

Ecuadoreans Print 3-D Protective Gear for COVID-19 Doctors (Telesur)”

No we should absolutely NOT be doing this. The reason we don’t do this is because it’s way slower and more expensive.

Unlimited purchases announced and stocks tank. Is that the end of the line?”

It’s been over since Sept 14th, 2019. We were always going to have a financial reset and a new currency since 1971. Here we are. You money means nothing to me. Carter, aside from inflation being “mysterious forces moving in mysterious ways” said inflation is “too much money chasing too few goods.” So now that the ports are closed and we have no goods, we’re going to print…More…money? And when MORE money doesn’t magically create goods – because FACTORIES do, WORK does – we’ll print MORE money? Hey, I think I’ve seen this movie before! In Argentina, Zimbabwe, Hungary, Germany, Russia, France…

But go ahead, print more money and hand it out to the people. You will anyway. No one will learn otherwise.

Fr. Giuseppe Berardelli … has died”

This is because he knows life and death and doesn’t cower in fear. Like apparently everybody else does. But remember kids: Christians are evil and bad m’kay?

Dr D Rich
    Participant

@zerosum.

Zerosum and others have been right. It’s all about debt forgiveness for the poor…………yeah, the poor banks, the poor businesses just like with Obama, Geithner, Mike Silva and the NY FED back ten years ago. Ah, read it for your self. Btw, Dr. D, you’re right again about the numbers…..Nobel Prize!

The New Federal Reserve as Garbage Can for All Capitalist Debt

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020/03/debt-and-power-an-interview-with-michael-hudson.html

zerosum
    Participant

LOOK Its happening, HIDING BEHIND THE VIRUS. Its a jubilee for the connected elites.
    All of that MMT money is being used to save the elites.

Covid – 19 Jubilee

Historically, Jubilee forgives the debts of the poor every 7 years and every 49 (7×7) years, there is restoration of property to its rightful owners.

Modern Jubilee, take advantage of the virus, forgives the debt of the elites and restore the property to the lenders.
    Reset to continue operations.
    All of that MMT money is being used to save the elites.

zerosum
    Participant

Okay.
    So what if I use the word JUBILEE.
    Its the observation of a nobody.
    Don’t get upset.

If I was connected maybe I would not speak for fear of not getting some of that MMT and ending up as one of the chosen survivor.

Most of the readers here are smarted than me.
    Let’s see what kind of social/economic structures that we will end up with after the virus has run its course.

I don’t expect to outlive the virus.

Dr D Rich
    Participant

I have a personal anecdote about a poor kid from California, ambitious as hell, who lived across the hallway in college. Above average student and future naval aviator. His story is one of what an individual will do once he/she has access or proximity to the reigns of power. What you do is intimidate then fire the whistleblower and Goldman monitor, Carmen Segara, to curry favor favor with Geithner your boss. You wear a feather in your cap for being boots on the ground as lawyer turned economic advisor when the US “reconstructed” Iraq under Paul Bremer in the mid to late 2000s. ’83 Mike Silva.

sumac.carol
    Participant

D. Rich fantastic link to Michael Hudson. I had been wondering if all this money printing would lead to hyperinflation, but it seems that, no, as per TAE long-time position, TPTB have cooked a plan to achieve debt deflation at the expense of the non-wealthy (small business, wage earners).

sumac.carol
    Participant

And Kudos to TAE for emphasizing the importance of everyone getting out of debt.

zerosum
    Participant

“And Kudos to TAE for emphasizing the importance of everyone getting out of debt.”
    AT LAST,WE ARE ALL FREE
    Therefore, We don’t need a jubilee.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

“An Arizona man has died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate…”

On Feb 28, John Day quoted here an article listed at PubMed (National Institute of Health) which recommended chloroquine phosphate.

“…recommended chloroquine phosphate tablet, 500mg twice per day for 10 days for patients diagnosed as mild, moderate and severe cases of novel coronavirus pneumonia and without contraindications to chloroquine.”
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32164085

Chloroquine phosphate, in some form, is/was available online without a prescription. As one aquarium supply website puts it:

It is typically unavailable to the majority of the reefing community due to it normally being available only through a Veterinarian via a prescription. I feel your pain if you are like me and tried to get Chloroquine phosphate from a veterinarian. It is difficult to obtain, so I have worked with a national laboratory to obtain a 99% pure Cholorquine Phosphate solution…

zerosum
    Participant

Jubilee Example
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/boeing-which-demands-60bn-taxpayer-bailout-refuses-give-us-equity-stake
    Boeing, Which Demands A $60BN Taxpayer Bailout, Refuses To Give US An Equity Stake
    “Boeing, which is seeking $60 billion in “aid” – whatever that means – for the aerospace industry, said Monday that it would shut down its Seattle-area manufacturing hub for two weeks after a worker died of coronavirus complications.”

Dr D Rich
    Participant

I’m with zerosum.
    —Debt Jubilee for all Americans in line with 2020 National Census. So there’s no discrimination.
    —Take Pelosi’s $2.5 trillion dollar bailout and divide it evenly among 330 million citizens.
    —That’s $7,575.75 dollars for each citizen
    —Forgive all individual student loan, mortgage, auto, and credit card debt
    —Prosecute ((abusively in the style the Justice Department pursued against Joseph Nacchio when he refused the Govt’s demand for users call records)) hospital CEOs which brought the healthcare system to this unprepared place, all bank CEOs who directed their institutions into unmanageable debt, and corporate leaders such as Boeing’s CEO who remain recalcitrant with their bailout demands.

Trump has said, I understand, that he wants the US “opened up and just raring to go by Easter”.

That’s April 12, 19 days from now. I think the US may not even have reached its peak by then, and the country will be awash in misery, sickness, death and heartbreaking stories. The US death toll is still vey low, but that is because the epidemic there is relatively new, and there are still hospital beds and ventilators available.

zerosum
    Participant

@ Dr D Rich

Hehehehe

—Prosecute
    — forgive
    In our MODERN JUBILEE those individuals have been reversed.
    Those in charge of the jubilee are going to try dribbling down since it will save them first and keep them in charge

zerosum
    Participant

The Easter rabbit is going to be leaving brown droppings but they won’t be made of chocolate.

Glennda
    Participant

I got this link today from a neighbor. It is the best discussion of Lock Down (Hammer) vs. Mitigation strategies for handling the pandemic. The Dance part is farther down the road as the virus mutates over the years.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

The SF Bay Area is mostly into Lock Down. My daughter is doing all my food shopping now, since I’m in the over 70 age group. Most of the groups I’m involved with are doing meetings by Zoom, which is working rather well, especially since people don’t have to drive to meet.

Thank again Raul for all your work both in helping getting me prepared, free from debt, and doing all the virus tracking you’ve been doing.

How is the Greek community doing? People here are stepping up to help the many homeless villages/camps.

My posts aren’t showing up. I hope what I just typed looks like nonsense.

Dr D Rich
    Participant

Tomas Pueyo is appealing to authority from a secure, comfortable position.
    However, when one note is off, it destroys the whole symphony. I think that is a quote or paraphrase from Star Trek.

zerosum
    Participant

@ Glennda
    I read your link.
    We are about to get into the “impossible to lock down, stay isolated, stay home”, for India,etc. because there is no ?????
    The data will be overwhelming to compare and analyse
    Societies will be changed.

Yea!
    Okay- so I can’t post anything that looks like an url, and I don’t know how to link, so I’ll just say check out a site called “evolutamente”. It’s Italian, but I got linked to an english version via a Kunstler’s March 23, 2:32pm post.
    The articles on covid 19 are wonderfully interesting. They say there are 103 different versions of The Virus.
    Now I am going to go and figure out how to link.

evolutamente

Rototillerman
    Participant

My wife is an epidemiologist, and I ran the “17 days” claim from the first article by CNBC by her… she said it is important to distinguish between viable virus RNA (that could infect you) and the bits of identifiable but non-viable RNA left around after a virus particle partially disintegrates due to time, heat, etc. The wording of the CDC release suggests the latter, though it isn’t especially clear on the point. To prove that it was viable they would have had to do a culture test, while doing the more usual PCR test would almost certainly pick up bits of the RNA, even if not viable. She knows and has worked with several of the authors of the CDC paper; maybe I can get her to prod them to update the article with more clarity.

WES
    Participant

One thing I am beginning to see clearly now, is the big difference in the availability of test kits between Canada and the US!

In the US, private enterprises have escalated the number of test kits available, exponentially!

In Ontario, the government is only now considering allowing private companies to provide test kits and do testing!

Ontario government health officials have resisted enlisting private companies to help by putting up all kinds of excuses as to why private companies can’t help. This is our union monopoly!

Only now that Ontario government health officials have been totally overwhelmed, do we discover, way too late, their incompetence and lies.

The number of test kits has ramped up very slowly. The ability to complete testing has lagged even further behind! Test result times have now reached 7 days and still rising!

Unfortunately the damage has been done in Ontario with community spread now spirilling out of control.

In the US, maybe you should be grateful that the CDC’s incompetence was exposed very early on, giving private enterprises an earlier start to meet the challenge. Maybe in the big picture, cutting the CDC’s budget was a big blessing in disguise?

In the land of Medicare for all, government health officials told us soothing lies that everything was under control and they were well prepared to deal with the coronavirus, … hint, hint, … unlike the US!

The only thing they were well prepared for, were the lies they would tell us!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.