Debt Rattle May 18 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 18 2017

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Paul Klee Fire at Full Moon 1933   • ‘Bobby Three Sticks’ Mueller to Probe Russia-Trump imbroglio (R.) • Trump To Announce $350bn Saudi Arabia Ar
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 18 2017]

Nassim
    Participant

“The F-35 is considered a fifth-generation fighter given stealth capabilities that allow it to evade enemy radars”

From what I understand, “stealth” is much overrated. Even if the aircraft can show a tiny radar signature when approaching head-on, the aircraft can be observed by radars that are positioned elsewhere. Radars are networked so as to render stealthy pretty useless.

Also, because of its bulk (necessary for its vertical takeoff power plant), it has a much bigger infra-red signature than, say, the F-16 or F-22.

Lastly, it is single-engined, which is why they didn’t send it to Farnborough airshow a couple of years ago. The risk of losing one when crossing the Atlantic was too great.

V. Arnold
    Participant

“Britain, the Netherlands, Norway, Turkey and Italy – key NATO allies of Germany – are already buying the F-35 fighter jet to replace their current aircraft, and other European countries such as Switzerland, Belgium and Finland are also looking at purchasing the fifth-generation warplane.”
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Oh good. The F – 35 is a piece of junk according to everything I’ve read. And the article is mis-leading on stealth; no such thing. Even way back in the war in Kosovo (early 90’s), an F-117 was shot down while on a raid. State-of-the-art-stealth then, but hit and destroyed anyway.
    Russia gets more bang for the buck, spent on military weapons than any other country on the planet.
    Russia will have the clear advantage, air wise, over the F – 35, with their SU-27’s, Su-30’s, and SU-35’s.
    And don’t forget their Migs…

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

A 1976 F-16 can destroy the F-35 all day long. The Indian Air Force turned the latest air exercises into a turkey shoot. The USAF F-35 might as well have stayed in the hanger. Well, what do you want from a plane that officially can’t fly in bad weather or turn at altitude? If the Indian Air Force can annihilate you, what chance do you have against a real plane, like a MIG?

But I have the solution: let’s bring our forces home!

V. Arnold
    Participant

Dr. Diablo
    But I have the solution: let’s bring our forces home!

What a great idea; an idea whose time has come, no?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.