Debt Rattle May 28 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 28 2016

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jack Delano Row houses, Baltimore 1940 • Yellen Leans Toward Near-Term Rate Rise Without Detailing Timing (BBG) • Trump: Only ‘Dummies’ Believe Fed’s
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 28 2016]

rapier
    Participant

On Obama, I like to refer to what I think of as the greatest blog post of all time, Dark Comedy category.

Faith you can suspend your disbelief in.

https://fafblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/change-you-can-suspend-your-disbelief.html

Greenpa
    Participant

“Trump: Only ‘Dummies’ Believe”

In this case, we should listen; inarguably, Trump is truly one of the great world experts on what dummies will believe.

Greenpa
    Participant

“Obama as some kind of peaceful guy who’s trying to get rid of nuclear weapons. He’s the biggest nuclear warrior there is. ”

People trying to understand Obama rarely remember that he grew up mostly in Hawaii.

Growing up next to Pearl Harbor does change a kid; I know, personally; I lived inside the Navy base there when I was in grade school. It was just a quick bike ride for me to get to the Sub Base PX – passing through where the Japanese attack was, It’s all around you.

Nobody forgets it, and kids do think about it. Out here in the middle of the Pacific Ocean – bad people can come to kill you. We all “know” that- but I do think Hawaiian kids “KNOW” it a little more.

It all gets vastly more complicated from there- but that childhood never goes away.

Nassim
    Participant

(from previous day)
    I agree with Greenpa. There is a concerted effort to prevent the truth from getting out.

FT.com banned me for around 3 months and I could not post any comments. My repeated complaints led to them reinstating me. The claimed I put up too many messages and was “aggressive”. They could not claim that I was rude or that I was doing ad hominems.

Last week, I put a comment in this article and all the comments disappeared including the ones before mine.

“Russia releases Ukrainian pilot Nadia Savchenko”

https://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/889df226-227a-11e6-aa98-db1e01fabc0c.html

Here was my comment:

It may interest readers to know that Malaysia wants Russia to be part of the investigation of the MH-17 disaster. Until now, Malaysia has been successfully sidelined although it was a Malaysian aircraft.

“Malaysia Begins Their Own Investigation Into the “Boeing” Tragedy”

https://www.fort-russ.com/2016/05/malaysia-begins-their-own-investigation.html

Better late than never.

Perhaps now the FT will report what the Australian Federal Police wanted to tell the Victoria coroner – which he refused to hear.

“MH17 CORONER MICHAEL BARNES, AUSTRALIAN LAWYERS IN HEAD-ON CRASH WITH THE RULES OF EVIDENCE”

https://johnhelmer.net/?p=15710

Raleigh
    Participant

Agree on suppression of the truth. While trying to post at The Guardian, my comments were repeatedly denied, even though I wasn’t rude, just stating the facts as I saw them. I provided some links, if I remember correctly, and they were denied. They said something like I wasn’t adhering to their policy. I read their policy and I couldn’t figure out what I did wrong. The next time I tried to comment, I was told my comments were being “pre-moderated” (I think that was the term). I think they allowed me one comment, and then I finally just gave up.

Apparently the moderators work 24/7 and they are volunteers. Whoever is moderating could, if they disagreed with what you had to say, just deny you.

So with media in so few hands now, and terribly biased to boot, when you try to provide the other side of the story, you’re just shut down. Must go along with the agenda, mustn’t deal in facts, mustn’t contradict.

Not only have we been sheared, but our mouths are being stapled shut.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.