Debt Rattle November 15 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 15 2018

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jean-Francois Millet In the Auvergne 1869   • UK Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab resigns (BBC) • Final Say Referendum On Table As May Blows Debate
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 15 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

If, in fact, the U.S. continues to insist the F-35 be its leading multi-role fighter; it will insure the end of the U.S. hegemon.
    Most experts consider the F-35 one of the worst military jets flying today. The problems are so many that at any given time less than half (far less) are available at any given time.
    The true value of this aircraft is the fortune its manufacturers and country of origin will get multi-billions/trillions of dollars for its investors and stock holders. That appears to be a consensus view…
    It seems the only buyers for this machine are U.S. allies (not all), while the rest of the world seems more interested in the Sukoi and Mig fighters from Russia.
    All the available evidence points to their superiority in flight characteristics; and weapons systems

Dr. D
    Participant

• IMF Says No-Deal Brexit To Cause 8% Hit To UK Economy (Ind.)

That’s okay, the IMF has never been right once in 72 years. A certain Mr. Perkins has a lot to say about this and why.

Smith is correct about the Fed. It’s become amazing now to see even 3 paragraphs together that are not filled with inaccuracies and lies. Appreciated.

V. is correct about F-35: the F-16 from 1976 and the F-18 from 1978 can shoot it out of the sky at will. Unless we’re fighting Sopwith Camels, every air force on the planet now has tactical superiority. Not only will it end the U.S. air supremacy, but bankrupt us as well. …But maybe that’s a good thing. We already can’t beat Afghanistan, but this insures we will be unable to bomb them as well. Maybe we could do something decent for a change and stay home.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Maybe we could do something decent for a change and stay home.

Indeed Dr D; wouldn’t that be a wonderful possibility.

As I’ve said more than once: the US and Russia manufacture weapons for entirely different reasons. The Russians do it to protect their nation. The Americans do it to make money. And I don’t think there’s any doubt that many of the problems with the F35 are ones that Lockheed intentionally created. They have a monopoly, in that after $1+ trillion in development costs, their clients(s) are not going to walk away. Instead, the Pentagon, largely through NATO, pressured allies to fork over ever more of the costs. The more problems, the more money.

zerosum
    Participant

The chart, “the world’s 100 largest arms seller” tells us how the non-elites can become puppets/employees of the elites

ezlxa1949
    Participant

In the Amazon Alexa excerpt, I read, “The speaker also starts recording a few seconds before a command is issued,…”
    What? Does this gadget have the gift of prophecy? Or can it time travel? Or do I totally misapprehend?

Re the F-35, I’ve seen articles in the US armed forces journal calling it the “Little Turd.” Oh dear, if the very people who must use and maintain the aircraft have contempt for it, what does that tell us? Other articles have used the term “Tarmac Queen.” Oh dear.

V. Arnold
    Participant

What? Does this gadget have the gift of prophecy? Or can it time travel? Or do I totally misapprehend?

I understand “it” can sense when someone enters the room…
    This is one scary gadget…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.