Debt Rattle October 24 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 24 2022

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    chooch
    Participant

It took Russians more than 4 months, the usage of their best troops and countless losses on their part to even reach the city perimeter of Bakhmut and now they are starting to get pushed out.

Wonder if that was what Musk was eluding too.

That’s a lot of recruits, if true.

Michael Reid
    Participant

So the world is changing.

My plan is to enjoy life to the end.

Life is an adventure.

aspnaz
    Participant

Dr D said

“Russia must also compensate for all the damage the conflict dealt to Ukraine, he added.”

So Russia is going to save you by selling you gas, then surrendering to Ukraine/EU/NATO. Got it.

Compensation is going to be the excuse used in “court” (who are they kidding) for stealing Russian assets in the west and feeding them into the money laundering theft machine that is Ukraine.

aspnaz
    Participant

Noirette said

Afaik no med. explanation ever linked being fatter to being more impacted by covid..?

Stats clearly show that being fatter is less healthy as in you are likely to suffer more medical issues and die earlier. That is unlike being super fit which makes you much less likely to suffer medical issues but does not extend your life. A “medical explanation” is not needed to verify risk statistics. A medical explanation is needed to verify any theory as to why this happens.

Michael Reid
    Participant

Ed Curtin discusses the precarious global geopolitical situation teetering on World War 3 and how in the current Cuban Missile Crisis Redux we do not have a global leadership that can use reason to solve the problem. The most dangerous thing is the insouciance of most people to what is going on, the populace is focused on trivial pursuits, and has been tranquilized. He wouldn’t be surprised if we wake up one day soon and we see news that nukes have gone off. Putin is doing what any sane leader would do, defending his country from surrounding NATO forces. It’s quite obvious that the U.S. is the leading rogue nation in the world. A multipolar world is slowly coming into view.

Ed Curtin: The Most Dangerous Thing is the Insouciance of People as to What is Going On

aspnaz
    Participant

Redneck said

They should “win”, they should have won months ago , at least they should kill more Ukys than Ukys kill Russians and they probably have so far but they still can’t get their shit together on the ground , got missiles a plenty but unwilling to use them and strategy has been bad

Why are you unwilling to consider that maybe the Russians are dragging this out to their advantage? If the Russians “win” then NATO will have to step in and fix the problem. Even with the Ukraine winning, in your view, the USA is still talking about putting men in the field to engage Russia. Why? By letting the west think that it is still fighting and can win the war, the Russians keep NATO out of direct involvement. We saw this with the Moskva sinking, instead of accusing NATO (intelligent people should realise that it was a NATO member that sank that ship) the Russians let it go, otherwise they would have had to engage NATO directly.

aspnaz
    Participant

Veracious Poet said

German climate activists toss mashed potatoes at $110M Monet painting…

Which lends more weight to my theory: climate activists want us to starve in order to stop the weather changing, the thrown mashed potatoes are symbolic of their campaign to starve us. They are taunting us.

aspnaz
    Participant

chooch said

genocidal hate speech

What is “genocidal hate speech” other than an excuse to use the word “genocidal”? What is “hate speech”? Zelensky quotes are mostly hate speech to a woke potato. Propaganda.

aspnaz
    Participant

Xi’s dramatic takeover of the CCP leadership team is very interesting, to me it indicates a level of urgency not seen in the past. Xi is a bit of a conundrum as he is apparently ideologically driven, so basically he believes in the authority of the state over the authority of business (more so than his predecessors), yet he also wants to clean up the mistakes made by Mao, the biggest one being Taiwan. What with the USA using Taiwan as an excuse to attack China, this becomes a more urgent project for Xi than it otherwise would have been.

That said, Xi appears to be someone who believes he is on a “Mission from God” to make China the leader or the world, he obviously sees this as his destiny. He appears to want to be listed among the great leaders of China, someone who will be remembered for centuries. In this role Xi will have many critics, but he will need the vast majority of current “brainwashed” Chinese to follow him as well as the majority of future historians to judge him positively. I like some of the way he thinks, such as the rule to limit the time a child can spend playing video games every week, but I do not like the way he implements it: he could have used the carrot but he chose the stick. Xi likes the stick, something which future historians are unlikely to judge positively unless he has a bigger plan that necessitates such action.

What is Xi’s plan? He must push China to the top of the tree without being remembered alongside Stalin and Hitler. At the moment, his Zero Covid and other policies may be necessary to combat the bad things the USA is undoubtedly trying to do within China. They also may be a way for Xi to purify the team at the top so that he has to spend less time negotiating future actions with the party and can spend more time getting on with it. We shall see what happens.

John Day
    Participant

Why BoJo threw in the towel on PM-for-a-month competition?

“Russia very specifically alleged that its intelligence shows Britain is helping the Ukrainians with the ‘dirty bomb’ plot, but Western officials say they didn’t present evidence.”
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/iaea-asked-investigate-russian-claims-dirty-bomb-inside-ukraine

Dr D Rich
    Participant

@Michael Reid

Good read….

Oh! You must be referring to preferential immigration at $500,000 per individual and the promise to start some business when you refer to “These people therefore tend to be those who create the prosperity that makes a country great”.
    China welcomes poor people about as well as America.
    China’s and America’s immigration policies are almost identical in this regard.
    What do you make of Indian overlord Murthy clan so dramatically reverse engineering the essay’s supposition by emigrating from the formerly vanquished India to mutually declining empires Britain and United States and installing their well-qualified boys Rishi Sunak and Vivek Murthy in the halls of western power?

On a personal note, I saw the storm coming in 1999 and tried unsuccessfully to move to Canada and then China. Both countries wanted business owners and engineers and, as I was told, not me a physician. New Zealand called and I failed to pull the trigger unlike two colleagues who jumped ship although Jacinda Ardern’s particular brand of vicious megalomania gives pause to that decision.
    People who quietly abandon a country rather than stay and fight malevolent forces might be seen by quite a few others as cowards or more kindly as the narcissistic manifestation, Heroes of their own stories.

aspnaz
    Participant

Once upon a time I believed that the people of the west were good people, but that they were let down by governments that they repeatedly failed to bring to heel. Over the last two decades and more, that opinion has changed drastically until I now believe that most people in the west are bad people and governments simply reflect the people.

Yet more evidence to add to the existing mountain: https://www.rt.com/news/565281-australians-defend-taiwan-poll/. Australians are willing to fight for Taiwan? What the hell has Taiwan ever done to Australia for them to threaten Taiwan in this way? What a bunch of complete scum live down under, just the same as the Europeans, just can’t get their heads out of the death trough.

The people of Taiwan do not want a war with China, they certainly do not think they can win a war with China. Most that I speak to just hope that the USA and NATO keep the hell out of their business and let the situation sort itself out. Not that people don’t think that China will kill many thousand Taiwanese, but the people know it will be even worse if the USA and NATO are involved and they will still lose, but with much more death.

Fuck off Australia, stick to killing your own people with a few more death jabs.

Redneck
    Participant

Coach
    They are actively blowing the memorials as historic revisionism , just like BLM blowing the Confederate statues in the US.
    Putin has closed the historical archives and banned relatives from researching the fates of the millions of the Gulag victims and is also doing historical revisionism of the “Good Times” of the murderous Commie regimes.
    Fuck is that vision you posted actually real ? I know it is but it is breathtaking how obscenely ridiculous it is , hallo Nancy , Kamala , Maddow and Biden , someone is doing an even more insane babbling over there on the Ruski side that makes you all look like high intellect saints!

Redneck
    Participant

Coach
    They are actively blowing the memorials as historic revisionism , just like BLM blowing the Confederate statues in the US.
    Putin has closed the historical archives and banned relatives from researching the fates of the millions of the Gulag victims and is also doing historical revisionism of the “Good Times” of the murderous Commie regimes.
    Fuck is that vision you posted actually real ? I know it is but it is breathtaking how obscenely ridiculous it is , hallo Nancy , Kamala , Maddow and Biden , someone is doing an even more insane babbling than you over there on the Ruski side that makes you all look like high intellect saints!

Kimo
    Participant

@aspnaz
    “The people of Taiwan do not want a war with China” Probably yes.
    “they certainly do not think they can win a war with China” They may think that way, but it may not be true.
    “people know it will be even worse if the USA and NATO are involved” Oh, my crystal ball fails me here.
    Lets not decide their fate with words, before they might act.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.