Debt Rattle October 4 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 4 2021

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author

I haven’t kept too much from my days as a Missouri “Sinner” Lutheran, but I have retained the Benediction, doing it up in calligraphy many times. I have changed it ever so slightly.

The Lord bless us and keep us. The Lord make His face shine upon us and be gracious unto us. The Lord lift up His countenance upon us, and give us peace.

userzeroid
    Participant

@my parents – ha! That quip just reminded me of a ‘dirty blues’ by Dinah Washington called ‘long john blues’. It’s really quite filthy for it’s time! (1948)

Better be careful or this place’ll turn into a penal colony 😉

John Day
    Participant

@Nuevo-Deflationista:
    You can’t catch human pathogens, can you?

Polder Dweller
    Participant

@John
    Day

Thanks for the moral support the other day for the fact that I will no longer be allowed at my office without a corona pass. I’m luckier than you though, I can work from home. I should be able to get tested and go on site occasionally, too, although I don’t like that option too much either. Still, at least I get to keep my job unlike you. I hope for you and everyone else in the same situation that things work out soon, I’ve a feeling they just have to as there are more cracks showing in the narrative every day.

Polder Dweller
    Participant

ctbarnum
    Participant

@uzerZeroid

Actually, yes, that is the reference for my handle, but given we’re all trying our best to navigate Covid Clown World, the moniker I thought more along the lines of “a sucker born every minute” rather than ingress.

Polder: If this is true about FB, etc., then…..

https://twitter.com/mairE_keyL/status/1445111627876032522

John Day
    Participant

@Userzeroid: Poly-entendre’-R-Us Remember being 13? “The child is father to the man.”
    Wazzat mean?

I missed most of the gas shortages in the US, because we moved to Japan from 1973-976, and when I came back for college, I didn’t have a car until my third year of med school,1984, when I really did have to drive places.

ctbarnum
    Participant

So much for the InternetOfThings.

John Day
    Participant

@Polder Dweller: Nice bicycling in the Netherlands. Nice people, when we toured through there.
    I’ve been getting weekly testing for about 5 weeks. It’s no big deal. I swab myself, and do a right-proper job of it. This narrative is breaking badly, badly because of ADE, so how long can overt denial persist? There has to be a different narrative. Can the same owners pull it off, or do we get different owners?
    I think there is usually a change of ownership when the economy breaks completely.
    I will try to be helpful, productive, and low budget.
    Maybe you can live somewhere cheaper?

Walnuts in the truck. From WaPo.

Mr. House
    Participant

https://www.newsweek.com/memphis-teen-football-player-who-died-covid-was-vaccinated-mom-says-1622659

What if it wasn’t covid, but the “supercold” i’ve seen threads on lately. Or just a plain old cold. Round and round and round we go.

Shoot. In the drift of things, I shoulda said- Where do you keep your nuts?

those darned kids
    Participant

i thought squirrels only ate eggplant and broccoli..

Mr. House
    Participant
    Oroboros
    Participant

WES
    Participant

My Parents said know/tdk:

Here at the island cottage we had a squirrel that decided our pump house was the perfect spot to store butternuts. The entire floor of the pump house was covered in nice sticky green butternuts!

My Father begrudgingly gathered up all the sticky butternuts, enough to fill up two 5 gallon pails. Bright and early the next morning my Father discovered that the squirrel had refilled the pumphouse with more sticky butternuts, enough to fill two more 5 gallon pails!

That was the last straw for my Father! He set the Have-A-Heart trap catching the squirrel!

My Father then took the squirrel along with his four 5 gallons of sticky butternuts, over by boat, to the next big island, far enough away that the squirrel couldn’t swim back!

We always joke that the squirrel, for its crime of trying to turn the pumphouse into a butternut storage area, got exiled to Botany Bay!

ctbarnum
    Participant

Pfizer: Your antibodies are probably better at this point than the clot shot.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.