Debt Rattle September 29 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 29 2020

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Fred Stein Times Square at Night 1947   • Rapid-Testing Drive Unveiled As Virus Deaths Pass One Million (Y!) • Young People Are At Risk Of Severe
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 29 2020]

Polder Dweller
    Participant

He should offer a free jab to Fauci. And Trump.

And Navalny.

Michael Reid
    Participant

@ Bill7 posted deep in yesterday’s comments an article that I feel is essential reading

OPEN LETTER: Belgian Healthcare Workers Call for End to Lockdown:

OPEN LETTER: Belgian Healthcare Workers Call for End to Lockdown

sumac.carol
    Participant

I guess today’s news is not from the happiness file! Utterly incredible and irredeemable. This kind of information is what makes conversations about abortion and employment equity seem insufficient – without addressing our inhumane global economic and political systems that are rotten to the core, we won’t meaningfully address these other things.
    Just had a chat with several other small organic farmers discussing our situation. The realization came that, by relying on off-farm income, we farmers are all in the charity business, subsidizing the cost of food. Our challenge is to find a way to continue to produce food in an environmentally sustainable way, within this corrupt, environmentally-irresponsible economic system.

Bill7
    Participant

Ron Paul- ‘Question ‘The Science’? Go To Gulag!’:

“..Last week on my daily news broadcast, the Ron Paul Liberty Report, we reported on two whistleblowers from inside the CDC and Big Pharma who raised serious and legitimate questions about the prevailing coronavirus narrative. The former Chief Science Officer for the pharmaceutical giant Pfizer, Dr. Mike Yeadon, has stated that from his experience he believes that nearly 90 percent of the current tests for Covid produce false positives. That means that this massive expansion in “cases,” used to justify continued attacks on our civil liberties, is simply phony.

As Dr. Yeadon said in a recent interview about the Orwellian UK coronavirus lockdown, “we are basing a government policy, an economic policy, a civil liberties policy, in terms of limiting people to six people in a meeting…all based on, what may well be, completely fake data on this coronavirus?”..”

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2020/september/28/question-the-science-go-to-gulag/

Interesting times. 😉

cloudhidden
    Participant

@sumac.carol
    Re the production cost of good food. Amen, it’s very difficult to make money as a small producer..
    We won’t sell any of what we grow, it takes far too much effort for the ROI.
    What surplus we produce is given away…….that’s worth far more than the paltry amount of $ we might have gotten.

Word of the day (night) is earpiece. Do I really have to get up at 4am for the Rumble in the Jungle? Biden wants a break ever 30 minutes. Of course the answer is no.

anticlimactic
    Participant

“Young People At Risk” ?!

According to the ZeroHedge article [below] the new CDC estimates regarding the chance of death if you contract the disease is :

1 out of 34,000 for ages 0 to 19;
    1 out of 5,000 for ages 20 to 49;
    1 out of 200 for ages 50 to 69; and
    1 out of 20 for ages 70 and up.

Here’s another way to look at the same numbers. If you get infected, your chances of surviving are as follows:

Age Group / Probability of Survival

0-19: (99.997%)
    20-49: (99.98%)
    50-69: (99.5%)
    70+: (94.6%)

The NBC article is just the usual propaganda to maximise fear, whatever the age group.

Whether the patients need intensive care, or die, is a matter of choice by the hospital. There is ample evidence that zinc+HCQ is highly effective, and the recent test by the Spanish using a special form of vitamin D seems to vastly reduce the worst effects.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/new-cdc-estimates-fatality-rate-covid-19-drops-again-and-may-surprise-you

Susmarie108
    Participant

What good are the 150MM rapid tests (coming to the US) without a focused strategy in place to maximize the opportunity and leverage outcomes?

Putin Power! He’s a charmer, yes?

Alert: Kunstler off the deep end. Maybe a big bowl of pea soup or an Adderall would help him?

CEO’s + share buybacks = fiduciary abuse of the highest order. And y’all want another bailout? Let the airlines be subjected to market forces – worldwide/nationwide travel is NEVER coming back. Let them adjust accordingly and take an Adderall.

Ballot harvesting = BAD. I love Tulsi – but the efforts to ban this practice should have been introduced a year ago. It’s lost in the scramble.

Julian Assange is a hero. A Trump pardon of Manning/Snowden/Assange would secure his re-election.

What does collapse feel like? Since this is my first one I can only speak from my experience. It is liberating coming to terms with the integrity breakdown of everything due to the financialization of everything. Once you see the truth of where we are, you can’t quite participate in the same way. It’s not like living in a pea soup fog without Adderall – but rather it is an out of body experience. You come back, you are changed. You reevaluate, recalibrate, refocus and work at BEING HERE for the right reasons. Rethinking your purpose. Understanding that every little thing adds up – every thought word and deed. Being responsible. Taking tangible, practical, meaningful actions to uplift yourself and others in ways large and small. To everything (turn, turn, turn) There is a season (turn, turn, turn) And a time to every purpose, under heaven. Take HEART!

Automatic_Jack
    Participant

The piece by the Sri Lankan dude is spot on. Human beings have an amazing ability to adapt to almost any situation, no matter how horrific. People in Damascus who never experienced war prior to the Syrian Civil War (2011- ) talk about how the sound of gunfire and artillery quickly goes from something that caused them to reflexively flinch and duck to banal background noise that nobody pays any attention to unless it’s really close by. As the guy in the article writes, life goes on. You learn to identify by the sound whether rounds are incoming or outgoing, mortar or heavy artillery and unless the shells are falling on top of your head you take your chances and go about your business as best you can. When friends and family get killed you quickly learn to deal with it.

Hell, even something as unthinkable as being interred in a death camp in the midst of a genocide eventually becomes banal. Holocaust survivor Viktor Frank talks about this in his excellent book Man’s Search For Meaning.

The author of the piece is right when he says there is no catastrophic moment of collapse where everything radically changes overnight. It’s a gradual process to which most people will adapt and, at some level, learn to accept.

I think governments and big business regularly take advantage of this human ability to adapt to hardship and undesirable circumstances. They know that offshoring manufacturing jobs, say, will disrupt or destroy families and livelihoods, cause longterm community disruption etc. but figure eventually people will just get used to it and accept their downgraded status as the “new normal.” Less than a generation later barely anyone will still remember that it wasn’t always like this.

In the 19 years since 9/11 Americans and westerners have “gotten used to” governments and tech companies spying on them at levels that would make the STASI jealous, the idea of endless war against a rotating cast of shadowy foreign bogeymen, the corruption of core freedoms and liberties and, perhaps most significantly, a tech oligarch controlled internet that essentially replaced a relatively autonomous day-to-day existence with a matrix-style pseudo reality where every word, thought and action is channeled through hypnotic digital devices that are controlled by said monopolistic tech behemoths while providing the end users with the illusion that they are free and in control.

So, yeah, we really are sleepwalking into an era of decline and collapse. Many people still think electing their preferred candidate/party will get things back on track and that the present weirdness is just temporary. In my experience mentioning to family and friends that maybe, possibly, perhaps we are already living in a declining and post-democratic society meets with a lot of resistance and even outright rage. This suggests that there is a lot of denial going on. The hardcore political polarization that has emerged in the last two decades is itself a sign of a failing society.

The left and the right love to argue (or just yell at each other) about how things ought to be and changes that need to made to get to fix the dysfunctional mess we are currently in. I am not so sure this is even possible anymore. Or, to put it another way, that no matter what changes are made to the system the collapse trajectory western civilization seems to be following can no longer be altered. What if accepting that collapse is happening is the only realistic option available? After all, societies and civilizations collapsing and rebuilding is the stuff history is made of.

Western civilization as we know is it today with its pathological focus on the individual is at a distinct disadvantage vis a vis more cohesive and culturally homogenous societies. What does the west believe in? What unites the people of western democracies? What do they collectively take pride in? (It the answer is “nothing” or “individual liberty” that’s a problem.) It doesn’t help that westerners have deluded themselves into believing liberal capitalist democracy is a universal system that every right thinking nation can and should adopt, at the point of the sword if necessary. Fanatically blaming Russia, China, Iran etc. for our own failings is typical behavior for broken and dying empires. Pointing fingers and doubling down on polices that don’t work and increase geopolitical tension and the likelihood of an accidental nuclear apocalypse is not a good sign.

Anyway, this is turning into an epic and disjointed rant so I will wind it down by saying that my gut feeling after delving, as a layperson, into the social, political and economic problems plaguing the western world is that we, particularly our leaders, are deeply in denial – to the point of delusion I would argue – about what the problems even are. So in all likelihood western civilization will continuing along the collapse trajectory regardless of which party or “savior”candidates get elected. The fragmented citizenry, while currently in denial about how deep the west’s problems are or, conversely, predicting imminent civil war, will do what people have always done, i.e. adapt and learn to live with the realities they are thrust into.

Geppetto
    Participant

One day Henny-penny was picking up corn in the rickyard when—whack!—an acorn hit her upon the head. “Goodness gracious me!” said Henny-penny, “the sky’s a-going to fall; I must go and tell the King.”

So she went along, and she went along, and she went along, till she met Cocky-locky. “Where are you going, Henny-penny?” says Cocky-locky. “Oh! I’m going to tell the King the sky’s a-falling,” says Henny-penny. “May I come with you?” says Cocky-locky. “Certainly,” says Henny-penny. So Henny-penny and Cocky-locky went to tell the King the sky was falling.

They went along, and they went along, and they went along, till they met Ducky-daddles. “Where are you going to, Henny-penny and Cocky-locky?” says Ducky-daddles. “Oh! we’re going to tell the King the sky’s a-falling,” said Henny-penny and Cocky-locky. “May I come with you?” says Ducky-daddles. “Certainly,” said Henny-penny and Cocky-locky. So Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, and Ducky-daddles went to tell the King the sky was a-falling.

So they went along, and they went along, and they went along, till they met Goosey-poosey. “Where are you going to, Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, and Ducky-daddles?” said Goosey-poosey. “Oh! we’re going to tell the King the sky’s a-falling,” said Henny-penny and Cocky-locky and Ducky-daddles. “May I come with you?” said Goosey-poosey. “Certainly,” said Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, and Ducky-daddles. So Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, and Goosey-poosey went to tell the King the sky was a-falling.

So they went along, and they went along, and they went along, till they met Turkey-lurkey. “Where are you going, Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, and Goosey-poosey?” says Turkey-lurkey. “Oh! we’re going to tell the King the sky’s a-falling,” said Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, and Goosey-poosey. “May I come with you, Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, and Goosey-poosey?” said Turkey-lurkey. “Oh, certainly, Turkey-lurkey,” said Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, and Goosey-poosey. So Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey, and Turkey-lurkey all went to tell the King the sky was a-falling.

Henny-Penny: The Sky is Falling groupSo they went along, and they went along, and they went along, till they met Foxy-woxy, and Foxy-woxy said to Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey, and Turkey-lurkey, “Where are you going, Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey, and Turkey-lurkey?” And Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey, and Turkey-lurkey said to Foxy-woxy, “We’re going to tell the King the sky’s a-falling.” “Oh! but this is not the way to the King, Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey, and Turkey-lurkey,” says Foxy-woxy; “I know the proper way; shall I show it you?” “Oh, certainly, Foxy-woxy,” said Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey, and Turkey-lurkey. So Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey, Turkey-lurkey, and Foxy-woxy all went to tell the King the sky was a-falling. So they went along, and they went along, and they went along, till they came to a narrow and dark hole. Now this was the door of Foxy-woxy’s burrow. But Foxy-woxy said to Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddies, Goosey-poosey, and Turkey-lurkey, “This is the short cut to the King’s palace: you’ll soon get there if you follow me. I will go first and you come after, Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey, and Turkey-lurkey.” “Why, of course, certainly, without doubt, why not?” said Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey, and Turkey-lurkey.

So Foxy-woxy went into his burrow, and he didn’t go very far but turned round to wait for Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey, and Turkey-lurkey. Now Turkey-lurkey was the first to go through the dark hole into the burrow. He hadn’t got far when—

“Hrumph!”

Foxy-woxy snapped off Turkey-lurkey’s head and threw his body over his left shoulder. Then Goosey-poosey went in, and—

“Hrumph!”

Henny-Penny: The Sky is Falling fowlOff went her head and Goosey-poosey was thrown beside Turkey-lurkey. Then Ducky-daddles waddled down, and—

“Hrumph!”

Foxy-woxy had snapped off Ducky-daddles’ head and Ducky-daddles was thrown alongside Turkey-lurkey and Goosey-poosey. Then Cocky-locky strutted down into the burrow, and he hadn’t gone far when—

“Hrumph!”

But Cocky-locky will always crow whether you want him to do so or not, and so he had just time for one “Cock-a-doo-dle d—” before he went to join Turkey-lurkey, Goosey-poosey, and Ducky-daddles over Foxy-woxy’s shoulders.

Now when Henny-penny, who had just got into the dark burrow, heard Cocky-locky crow, she said to herself:

“My goodness! it must be dawn. Time for me to lay my egg.”

So she turned round and bustled off to her nest; so she escaped, but she never told the King the sky was falling!

About those risks, from 2 days ago:

USdeathrates

They rise fast after age 35-45.

Mr. House
    Participant

I don’t think we’ll know the truth of this for quite some time.

anticlimactic
    Participant

As ever the above chart is ‘misleading’, i.e.propaganda.

So, 9.6% of deaths are those over 85. What proportion of the population is over 85? 3%? If so then 30% of those over 85 die!

Similarly, what proportion of the population are 0-24 years of age? 25%? So 0.5% die but they are 25% of the population so that is 0.2% of their age group in reality.

My figures are just guesstimates but it is critical to know what the population is in that age group.

zerosum
    Participant

Winning VOCABULARY LESSON (from Biden to Trump) for the debate

DEBUNK
    to expose or excoriate (a claim, assertion, sentiment, etc.) as being pretentious, false, or exaggerated:
    discredit · disprove · contradict · controvert · confute · invalidate · negate · give the lie to · prove to be false · challenge · call into question: no proof of wrong doing

VietnamVet
    Participant

I verify that the Colombo kid is exactly right. “If something good or bad happens to you it’ll be random and no one will care. If you’re unlucky you’re a statistic. If you’re lucky, no one notices you at all.”

Later, in a mid-Atlantic American Legion bar I also got to be called a “Loser” to my face.

“Collapse is just a series of ordinary days in between extraordinary bullshit, most of it happening to someone else.” This is the perfect description of going stir crazy in lockdown in a suburban home with a 9.6% chance of dying if infected. In WWII, the causality rate for US armed forces was 2.5%. The media, the politicians, the plutocracy, and the lackeys say that everything is normal. It is not. If not war, it is the next worse thing.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Word of the day (night) is earpiece. Do I really have to get up at 4am for the Rumble in the Jungle? Biden wants a break ever 30 minutes. Of course the answer is no.

The debate? In a word…pathetic!
    Just over 10 minutes was more than enough for this one…

The debates.
    Okay- that was entertaining in an uncomfortable sort of way.

zerosum
    Participant

Biden told Trump to shut up 4 times and told Trump that he lied 6 times.
    Trump got an answer about Ukraine, China, Russia —
    DEBUNK
    to expose or excoriate (a claim, assertion, sentiment, etc.) as being pretentious, false, or exaggerated:
    discredit · disprove · contradict · controvert · confute · invalidate · negate · give the lie to · prove to be false · challenge · call into question: no proof of wrong doing

Voters who change their votes – zero

V. Arnold
    Participant

Well written. But are things as similar as suggested?

• I Lived Through Collapse. America Is Already There. (Samarajiva)

Remarkable piece by Samarajiva to which I can relate.
    I’ve lived through 2 military coups here; and before that decades of violent decline in the U.S.(I escaped the worst of the last 2 decades).
    Life has always seemed normal; but always with a niggling in the back of my mind that there was an impending, dramatic event, yet to materialize…
    The reality is the continuum; which for us humans is a certain, but downhill, decline across the board…

sumac.carol
    Participant

Susmarie good advice for how to live the collapse -I’m going to try to do this.
    My better half reminded me of the portrayal of societal meltdown in the movie Brazil – all the ordinary banal stuff (facelifts etc) carried on unchanged, while life behind the billboards was in ruins.

Susmarie108
    Participant

@Geppetto – LOVED the Log Crossing video. Thanks for the moment of Zen (hat tip JS)…..and BEARS!!!! (as per Stephen Colbert).

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.