Debt Rattle Thanksgiving 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle Thanksgiving 2019

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Paul Gauguin Brooding woman 1891   • Is Censure The Democrat Escape Clause? (Noble) • Tulsi Gabbard Slams Democrats for Calling Trump Supporters
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle Thanksgiving 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Paul Gauguin Brooding woman 1891

So excellent; I can relate…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Sentenced to Life
    I feel like that as well…

oxymoron
    Participant

Thanks Raul, that poem by Clive is really beautiful. Particularly the middle section where he is aware of his end but becomes more in the present. I hope to take that tone more going forward, been a bit up tight with worldly fools…

Dr. D
    Participant

“Is Censure The Democrat Escape Clause? (Noble)”

Trial balloon! They’re going to take his Pinata away too. No, don’t. Stop. Doing literally nothing at all is much too harsh.

“A lone voice in the wilderness: “..you can’t win support from people that you treat “like garbage.”

That’s ridiculous, because “diversity”, everybody who doesn’t think exactly like us is garbage. We’ve already outlined plans to round them up and imprison them at a minimum, you know, like that guy with the funny mustache that wrote that book? All our problems are from them, and the homeland will be a paradise if only we can remove them.

Also she’s pointing out that you work with your AGREEMENTS, not disagreements, and how refusing to hear the other side isn’t a help, although she won’t say what I will, people who want to block knowledge from you are a Cult. THEY are the religious fundamentalists.

“ China Threatens Retaliation After Trump Signs Hong Kong Democracy Bill (ZH)”

Well that should make things interesting, they’re stretched pretty tight. They tried it back at the end of Obama, but too ham-fisted, demanding they change their currency and blow themselves up for us, but they’re a diverse nation, and strong, not going to be so easy. So it takes more fronts, and more pressure to attempt to break them again. (Should I ask ‘Why oh why?’)

“Baker regularly lunched with Washington Post Reporter David Ignatius.”

They better have more than this.

“Obama has spent his post-presidency cozying up to the global elite and delivering vapid speeches to corporate interests in exchange for unthinkable sums of money.”

Did Jacobin miss all 8 years of his Presidency or something? That’s all he ever did. That’s why the party broke, Sanders exists, and Obama is now officially a ‘Republican.” (I forget which news source) No joke. …Also bought his multi-million estate at sea level on Martha’s Vinyard, great optics for his Green Policy.

“Reuters sampled more Democrats than Republicans and independents combined”

As per yesterday, “They’re Lying. Say it to yourself until you believe it.” This is for polls that show Biden in front, Tulsi at 6%, etc., but also for a guy who fills 20k stadiums every day is unpopular, below 40%. Not true. May not be 60%, mind you, but I think we just proved all their polls are false. …And everything they say is a lie. Why, children? Because that is their God, whom they will happily die for.

US Wants NHS On Table For Post-Brexit Trade Deal – Labour Dossier (Ind.)”

Yuck, and pretty typically, but “climate change should not even be mentioned in the deal.” Why would it be?

“It was 0.000007 cent for every election dollar that was spend during that time.”

Ah, but when reason is dead, this math makes sense. Besides: math.

“Brick & Mortar Rent Meltdown, Manhattan Style (WS)”

As per yesterday, their rents drop 50%, but the owner’s NY-high taxes do not. Costs cannot be cut, but not entirely thanks to normal retail cycles, but because of government. Put it this way: originally, let’s say there was no property and no people taxes: taxes were tariffs on goods like whiskey and imports. Scalable, predictable, avoidable. Later, it became property taxes, by which all property MUST produce or be stolen by the King, and income, other overhead taxes existed, including, say minimum wage, etc, flat overhead costs on people. But it was 3%. Capitalism can still adjust. Now it’s 30%, where regardless of output, each worker costs $50k/yr, standing costs are 10% to own a roof to work in, company taxes are 10%, and not just for you, but also for the costs of everything you buy from fellow wholesalers. Costs compound until government, compliance, regulation, are 50% of your costs, not avoidable, and not scalable. So unless you have the next iPhone, you can’t even open the doors. And they don’t, so unemployment, which basically didn’t exist until 1913, is now U6 near 20% and has been for 20 years, and U6 since the 70s has probably been 10%, higher than any time in human history. To offset that, we now need to FUND all that unemployment misery, pay people for NOT working, and give them free houses and healthcare that job we destroyed would have given them. …But also destroy their self-worth, their independence, and shove them down into a Kafkaesque reality so bent and depressing as impossible to describe to anyone who hasn’t tried it. So now we have free money, free houses, free health care, we’re at the point of patching over the spiraling suicide rates, which are combined with astronomical opioid deaths and rising binge drinking, plummeting marriage, children, and happiness rates.

Congratulations: you’ve struck gold! And all because you raised taxes from 1%, 5%, to 50%, by “Helping.” Everything is worse than if you’d lived in a log cabin in Upper New Amsterdam. But keep it up! 40% of New Jersey wants to leave to go to low-tax areas, and Chicago and Baltimore have already been more destroyed than Chernobyl, more complete than if we’d had a nuclear exchange in the 80’s. But they’re not done! They’re raising MORE taxes on houses and cola on the poor, with near 100% school graduation rates. MOAR!

“Europe currently cannot defend itself on its own,”

Defend itself from what? Macron is the one shooting everybody.

Speaking of, and in honor of Thanksgiving: Europe sure don’t like food. Farmers are protesting in Paris today against being vilified and shut down by government. That follows Germany and Netherlands recently. See: NO animals. That’s mean. And we’re going to cut pesticides, that’s good. …But we ALSO want food to remain at 1,000-year lows, and be as easy to get as water. Farmers are being destroyed, run off the land so we can pave it for housing in France or Wisconsin, required by (tax) law. So we can have LESS food, LESS arable land.

Well, I fear you will certainly get your wish. When food rises 6x minimum, you can sit in the house where that food once was, cold, and stare at your iPhone6, broken, and think about how you might eat today if only you hadn’t protested AGAINST food in a misdirected desire to save the planet, back when. You wanted all the humans to die to save the rhino, now you’re one of them, and the starving people ate the rhinos anyway. Try to be practical.

Since we got a weather break up to now, lucky for you the combines got a few more days in, the grain elevators are slowly moving from “very bad” to “poor,” but we’ll see if the late planting, poor quality, low yields bite. They call the farm problem from the trade war, and not knowing enough details to contradict them, I suspect it’s essentially false. Trade War is not great but hardly relevant for a U.S. flooded out, price controlled, farms and elevators ruined, crops put in too late, most failing, then harvested before enough ripening. China’s not involved in that. And they DID set aside all the farm aid, but in a corrupt, obstructing nation, that bucket has so many holes it’s not reaching the farmers, or not unless they’re ADM or a Chinese conglomerate who can do the paperwork with 20 lawyers. Thanks government! But nobody cares til they’re hungry, then it’s like, “Who did this?” You did, sir. You did. Stop “helping”, before we all die of it.

Dr. D
    Participant

*Should be near 100% graduation FAILURE rates. In Baltimore, but many other cities too. It’s the TEACHERS cheating for the tests, not the students: stellar example. Know what we need, now that we have 100% taxes and 0% success? More money.

“In 2017, not one student scored proficient in state testing. Its four-year graduation rate is 5 percent.”
    https://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/students-miss-100-days-of-school-fail-classes-still-walk-at-graduation

zerosum
    Participant

• China Threatens Retaliation After Trump Signs Hong Kong Democracy Bill (ZH)

I got a better headline

Cutting off your nose to spite your face
    ——
    Obama

“…. in exchange for unthinkable sums of money….”
    If you refuse that motivator, then I’ll find another motivator.
    (wealth, power, recognition, fear)
    —–
    FREE
    And the winner is …. Corporate welfare
    —-
    THE MEDIA
    The media is not the problem. The advertisers are the problems.
    Figure out how the money gets to the media and then you might have a chance of understanding what is happening.
    You …. are the one giving money to the advertisers. The advertisers skim off a percentage of your money,
    My mailbox is always full of sale promotions for which I paid for.
    My online reading is crowded with advertisements for which I paid for.
    My internet supplier fills up my computer with advertisement paid for by me.

You are ignoring where the money came from for receiving all those free services.
    You are ignoring how much money everyone is taking from you.
    You are ignoring “the rakes” involved with every transaction.
    You are ignoring “printed money”
    You are ignoring “inflation”
    You are ignoring “truth”
    You are in the +60% that has not prepared to live in a cardboard box.

anticlimactic
    Participant

HONG KONG DEMOCRACY BILL

There are dozens of examples of how the US destroyed democracy in various countries, and they are perfectly happy to work with countries which do not have democracy.

I can think of no example of the US genuinely helping to create a democracy anywhere.

There is a strong argument to say democracy in the US is effectively non-existent!

zerosum
    Participant

For those who are following the Ukraine story, I don’t think that I mentioned the contribution from the following

State Department Releases Ukraine Documents to American Oversight

Publish Date: November 22, 2019
    On Friday evening, the State Department released nearly 100 pages of records in response to American Oversight’s lawsuit seeking a range of documents related to the Trump administration’s dealings with Ukraine.
    Notes on what we’ve found are below.
    You can download the documents here. They are also available below.

John Day
    Participant

http://www.johndayblog.com/2019/11/incremental.html
    I am in the habit of looking at what history demands of us going forward, and also what history has provided at similar junctures in the past.
    Right now, at the Wile-E-Coyote moment of global economy, with the cheap and easy resources all in terminal decline, and toxic waste products already a big problem for a long time, we need to steer out of exploitive economic and military competition, and into cooperative stewardship of life on earth.
    We will need an efficient economy, in terms of meeting human and ecological needs.
    What history has provided in the past is massive war, but there was always resource to exploit somewhere to pay for the war after it ended.
    Not this time.
    therefore massive war is clearly against global elite interests, though some rigid nationalist elites may speculate a gain for themselves (see Israeli politics).
    Cooperative resource stewardship is clearly against power elite goals, but not dangerously so. It won’t kill half of them.
    As long as there is a path of little, incremental steps, going forward, then massive war will be the riskier step each time.
    If we can make not-WW-3 the obvious step for every power-lizard, every day, then we may keep living to work on this very complicated problem.
    Trump threatening war for the media, and not pushing the big red button, is par for the course, as far as I can tell.
    What comes next?

North Korea launched a couple of missiles in the general direction of Japan, with high trajectories, which plunked down in Korean waters, far from Japan. Just showing that they can…
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/north-korea-launches-missiles-amid-stalled-nuclear-talks-us

WSJ summarized, for all its huffing and puffing, “China’s leadership still wants a deal to help alleviate pressure on its fast-weakening economy”, which incidentally coincides with Trump’s own interest as he hopes to clinch a deal to boost his re-election bid.
    Indeed, as the WSJ’s Lingling Wei also notes, Trump “Trump also chose the evening before Thanksgiving to sign the measure, a time guaranteed to get little attention in the U.S. While his signature still makes the bill law, his timing suggests he was trying to play down the political impact at home.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/china-folds-all-its-bluster-beijing-does-nothing-after-trump-signs-hk-bill

The cat is out of the bag: Boris Johnson is dancing to Donald Trump’s tune, regardless of the damage this might cause to Britain. His promises to maintain Britain’s ‘high standards’ after Brexit are not worth the paper they’re written on.
    That’s the only conclusion that can be drawn from a set of leaked papers detailing trade talks between US and UK officials over the last 3 years. The minutes, redacted versions of which Jeremy Corbyn held up at last Tuesday’s leaders debate, were posted by an anonymous source on the discussion website, Reddit. They show how the US administration has already successfully bullied Britain into taking a harder Brexit position, which is good for Trump’s geopolitical games and US big business, but bad for Britain’s economy and British welfare…
    ​ ​Papers from the time of Theresa May’s ‘Chequers plan’ are illuminating because the administration is clearly furious at May’s promise of long-term alignment with EU standards which would prevent the dilution of British food regulations which US agribusiness hopes to benefit from.​..
    ​ US officials explicitly mention the infamous chlorine-washed chickens, promising to help the British government sell the concept to a sceptical British public. They attack attempts to reduce sugar in food, the protection of regional products (like Stilton cheese and Cornish pasties) and even nutritional labelling, which they say is more harmful than it is useful.​..
    ​ … They call the European Parliament’s decision to temporarily ban the Monsanto-owned chemical glyphosate “unhelpful”.​..
    …​US seems interested in introducing a ‘corporate court system’ in a US-UK deal, formally known as ‘investor state dispute settlement’ or ISDS, a mechanism regularly used in other trade deals to make government action on climate change more difficult. ISDS would allow thousands of US multinationals access to secretive tribunals, for the first time, where they can sue the British government for treating them ‘unfairly’.​..
    ​ Both the British and American sides agree that these talks should be secret – exempt from freedom of information rules – and it’s clear to see why.
    https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/leaked-us-trade-talks-show-how-trump-is-dictating-johnsons-approach-to-a-hard-brexit/

French farmers drive tractors through Paris to protest plans for further beatings with globalist sticks.
    It has been a long time since farmers got a carrot.

French Farmers Descend on Paris in Fresh Revolt Against Globalist Regulations

Thanksgiving Meditations

Let’s Get Together, Jefferson Airplane (band of Dino Valenti, the songwriter)

Before The Deluge, Jackson Browne

zerosum
    Participant

https://apnews.com/37424b8a0a994c1a935c5831643a84e3
    AP Interview: Ex-Polish president defends Biden and Burisma
    By VANESSA GERA

WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Aleksander Kwasniewski, a former Polish president who is on the board of the Ukrainian gas company Burisma, said Thursday that Hunter Biden was indeed chosen to join its advisory board because of his name. He said that is simply how the world of business works.

“I understand that if someone asks me to be part of some project it’s not only because I’m so good, it’s also because I am Kwasniewski and I am a former president of Poland,” he said. “And this is all inter-connected. No-names are a nobody. Being Biden is not bad. It’s a good name.”

From JA Kosmos in the Jeremy Corbyn Hates All Jews thread (why so few comments on that?)

Swedish state television has aired a series if “digging journalism” documantaries but when you google the people who are interviewed they all belong to various organisations like The Atlantic Council, A Journalistic organisation I cant remember the name of now which is funded by the US State Department and USAid, and Utrikespolitiska Institutet (obviously a part of Swedish secret services. Never seen anything so openly angled in Swedish Television. Yes one Russian troll factory doc where everyone involved also work for The Atlantic Council and US State Department organisations. Have you read anything on this scandal Raül? It ties in to the Magnitsky affair and the murder of Andrei Kozlov. Seems like a part of the economic war on Russia by the US.

Three’s so much there you have to be more specific on what scandal you mean, Kosmos.

VietnamVet
    Participant

I agree with Tulsi Gabbard. Both political parties treat the 90% like garbage. To keep the money flowing upwards, they hide the truth and manipulate the population into two echoing silos, not talking to each other.

With the offshoring of industry and capital, all that is left in the USA is servicing their betters who exploit the people and the environment. Americans are dying young of opioid addiction, distracted driving and obesity. With no purpose in life, they turn to addictions that makes them feel good. The wealthy are the suppliers who are never jailed for their crimes.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Clive James died yesterday.
    Did you know him?
    Thanks to oxymoron, I reread Sentenced to Life, again; slowly this time.
    At 74 it’s hard not to relate to Clive’s beautiful words so carefully laid down.
    For me the closing line…but my mind basks in the light I never left behind. was so poignant…
    Thanks Ilargi…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.