Janet Napolitano Personifies US Myopia

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Janet Napolitano Personifies US Myopia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Janet Napolitano is a former Attorney General, and later Governor, of Arizona. She’s currently the US Secretary for Homeland Security. Last week, she
    [See the full post at: Janet Napolitano Personifies US Myopia]

Anonymous

A side note.

How much the western concern about the work conditions in eastern factories is about the westerners losing their jobs? I have the feeling that the protesters would be completely satisfied if the factories were closed and the people working there lost their income. If the protesters really cared about the workers – they should rally for opening the labour market in their countries and welcome the immigration.

Yvonne.Rowse

The comments on the Reuters posting are quite fascinating. Perhaps I’m too used to skimming down the obnoxious comments in Yahoo ‘news’ but these are, mostly, intelligent. There is some internal squabbling but there is no-one cheer leading for Napolitano’s ideas. Perhaps Reuters readers are self-selecting.

Anonymous

“By taking a coordinated, strategic and thoughtful approach, we can expedite legitimate commerce while focusing our attention on that much smaller portion that poses harm.”

They can expedite transnational corporate fascism while crushing small business, creating a two-tiered trade policing and screening theatre to sqeeze and frustrate that much smaller portion of business while ‘legitimate’ corporate interests can afford the mandatory anti-terror trade licencing fees, or will otherwise remain exempt from suspicion.

Glennda
    Participant

Executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness

I want to update this important post.

Perhaps there was only the appearance of myopia. Here is the most recent develpment in this subject. TPTB are actually making plans “just in case” something bad happens. While it has frightening qualities of totalitarianism, this at least shows that they are also doomers too. Resiliance has to be local without long supply chains. They seem to be awakening that we have very little we can produce for ourselves. This falls very short of localization, but they seem to be aware that something is not quite right in Dodge.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness

Here is a Libertarian who comments on it and brings up some good points.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-what-president-obama-so-afraid

For some reason the fact that the Secretary of Defense is in charge of all water, makes me know that they know that the next wars may be not so much for oil as for water.

el gallinazo

Glennda post=1601 wrote: Executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness

For some reason the fact that the Secretary of Defense is in charge of all water, makes me know that they know that the next wars may be not so much for oil as for water.

The typical human can live a couple of months (unhappily) without food and a couple of days without water. Most fortified cities through the millennia had internal wells and springs. The builders were not idiots.

BTW

We are seeing a lot of blank posts that seem to be connected with a bug related to images and youtube links. I learned this morning that if a youtube link does not post in one line, then it will blank out the entire post. Original youtube links are always short enough to post in one line. It is the embedded links that are usually too long. The easiest work around is to take the title of the embedded link and paste it into youtube. This will kick out the original upload which can then be pasted into one’s post.

el gallinazo post=1610 wrote:

BTW

We are seeing a lot of blank posts that seem to be connected with a bug related to images and youtube links. I learned this morning that if a youtube link does not post in one line, then it will blank out the entire post. Original youtube links are always short enough to post in one line. It is the embedded links that are usually too long. The easiest work around is to take the title of the embedded link and paste it into youtube. This will kick out the original upload which can then be pasted into one’s post.

Interesting work-around, however I simply have given up on including Pics or Vids here. I’ll put them up on DD instead. All OUR software is working just FINE! Even our Avatars work! 😛

RE

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.