Mario Draghi’s Slippery Downward Slope

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Mario Draghi’s Slippery Downward Slope

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Harris&Ewing F.W. Grand store, Washington, DC 1925 Mario Draghi made another huge faux pas Thursday, but it looks like the entire world press has beco
    [See the full post at: Mario Draghi’s Slippery Downward Slope]

rapier
    Participant

There is a contradiction between the beginning here.

“And while that’s very worrisome, ‘the public’ appear to be as numbed and dumbed down to this as the media themselves are -largely due to ’cause and effect’, no doubt-.”

and the end here,

“Because of Greece, many EU nations are now increasingly waking up to what a ‘close monetary union’ would mean, namely that Germany would be increasingly calling the shots all over Europe.”

The world is complicated, little is absolute, and both statements have truth in them. It’s more a matter of who it is and if they have power and which side they stand on that counts and I’ll say those in power are in the dumbed down or one might say in partnership with EU/ECB maximal-ism.

As for anyone or any 10’s of millions without power they are not going to change a thing because they don’t even know what to change and besides they are alienated from politics. Either that or be like the Greek people who still want EU membership and yet don’t want what that means. They want it both ways, in some vague way, which is impossible. Or let me contradict myself and say Spanish, Portuguese or British voters just may vote for a halt to EU power expansion. If they do that doesn’t mean they will get it right away mind you.

EU disintegration is a process unlikely to be quick or decisive.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Ilargi, where did you learn to write like that? I almost feel like I’ve been reading poetry.

We know from previous centuries the horrors of too much church influence on government. Now we witness the horrors of too much corporate influence, especially bank influence. Rather than calling for a hard separation between bank and state, though, might humanity not be better off nationalizing the central banks and running them the way state banks are run in North Dakota?

When I read the word “reforms,” I always wonder who they’re intending to rob now. Current political and economic systems are designed to perpetuate the flow of wealth upward, and it looks to me like Draghi’s reforms would maintain the direction of that flow. Until reforms are proposed that clearly reverse that direction, the world will continue to sail into hell. I’m not holding my breath for a voluntary change of course.

Draghi would do well to remember that the Madame Defarges of Europe aren’t about to give up their knitting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madame_Defarge

rapier,

I don’t see a contradiction. The statements involve different topics. The first concerns Draghi’s forays into politics, the second increasing German dominance of Europe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.