Next GFC a perfect storm: expert

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Next GFC a perfect storm: expert

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

TOUGHEN UP: Canadian finance and energy analyst Nicole Foss told farmers in Bungendore that the way forward when the next economic crisis hits was to
    [See the full post at: Next GFC a perfect storm: expert]

Nassim
    Participant

I hope to see you at Federation Square on Saturday. 🙂

Also, there is some good news on the “Climate Change” front

https://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/02/09/himalayan-glaciers-have-lost-no-ice-in-past-10-years-new-study-reveals

I popped this link in here because the article above mentions your interest in climate.

martin

hi Nassim,

From the article you posted…

“Bamber was quick to caution that the new study doesn’t alter his view that the climate is changing, and rapidly.

“This new study doesn’t change our view of the risks and threats from climate change,” he said in an online chat at the Guardian. “What it does do is improve our knowledge of the recent behavior of one part of the climate system.”

Indeed, Wahr’s study clearly notes that lower-altitude glaciers and ice caps are melting, to the tune of about 150 billion tons of ice annually, which the study predicts could lead to an overall rise in sea levels.

He concluded that the higher altitude and therefore colder Himalayan peaks may be temporarily impervious to factors causing melting.”

How can this possibly be interpreted as good news re the Climate change front?

Nassim
    Participant

Hi martin,

If it is melting an awful lot less than expected, or not at all, that must must be good news in my book.

Would it please you more if it were melting far more than previously estimated?

Be careful what you wish for … 🙂

https://www.elyricsworld.com/careful_what_you_wish_for_lyrics_eminem.html

mrawlings

Nicole,

While you are in Australia, perhaps you could look up David Holmgren (co-founder of the permaculture concept). He lives not awfully far from Melbourne. A very interesting guy. If the two of you could have a recorded conversation I’m sure it would be both fascinating and enlightening.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.