Social Media vs the Constitution

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Social Media vs the Constitution

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Salvador Dali The burning giraffe 1937 Dali: “The only difference between immortal Greece and our era is Sigmund Freud who discovered that the human b
    [See the full post at: Social Media vs the Constitution]

zerosum
    Participant

Simple solution

WARNING:

YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ CONTENT WHICH YOU MAY FIND DISTURBING AND CONTRARY TO YOUR BELIEFS.

zerosum
    Participant

NAFTA
    What is the truth about farm subsidies?
    Who are the hypocrites?
    NOTE:
    I did a search “farm subsidies” and my computer got seized. I had to shut off my explorer.

Culprit
    News articles produced by newspapers that are behind paywalls.

However …

https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/tbb-82.pdf
    April 12, 2018 | Number 82 Reforming Federal Farm Policies Chris Edwards

The federal government spends more than $20 billion a year on subsidies for farm businesses. About 39 percent of the nation’s 2.1 million farms receive direct subsidies, with the lion’s share of the handouts going to the largest producers of corn, soybeans, wheat, cotton, and rice.1 The current farm law—enacted in 2014—added new crop programs that have turned out to be more costly than promised. The law expires this year, and subsidy proponents are eager for Congress to pass another expensive bill.

rapier
    Participant

We enter the Reichstag to arm ourselves with democracy’s weapons. If democracy is foolish enough to give us free railway passes and salaries, that is its problem… We are coming neither as friends or neutrals. We come as enemies! As the wolf attacks the sheep, so come we.

Joseph Goebbels

VietnamVet
    Participant

The power elite had a woman presidential candidate who would follow their wishes – enriching themselves at the expense of everyone else. They employed 40 years’ worth of dirty tricks and black propaganda. It didn’t work. The global overclass lost. It can’t work with laborers’ lives getting worse. Also, it is getting hard to ignore the West burning, rising seas or the worst hurricane to hit American Territory since Galveston in 1900. Scapegoating Russia also will not work. A shooting war between nuclear powers will destroy the world. One day The Automatic Earth will be gone. That won’t work. Ultimately, there will be a bloody middle class revolution unless there is a restoration of government by and for the people.

Today is not the best of all possible worlds. We are the audience in an apocalyptic sequel of the 1930s being played on a Hollywood Sound Stage but for real.

V. Arnold
    Participant

The Dali is fascinating. When I read about the drawers it was obvious.
    Edward Bernays (Freud’s nephew) and Freud probably influenced the 20th century more than any two other individuals; the damage they wrought in western societies is incalculable…

Dr. D
    Participant

Put another way they are either platforms as they claim, neutral providers of a posting service that removes no one without an actionable crime, OR they are publishers, meaning they choose and form the news including editorials. There are existing regulations for both types, and all of them would be subject to Sherman anti-trust monopoly laws, none of which have been enforced for 40 years, insuring we have neither capitalism nor democracy.

Trump’s personal position is also untenable. Existing law already recognizes that a CEO cannot, as Elon Musk did, simply spout off ‘personally’, as if their opinion is somehow unrelated to the company. And the point at which an employee, like the fry chef at McDonald’s becomes a spokesman for the company, is most ill-defined. Companies routinely demand humans be their spokespeople, 24/7 simply as employees, claiming their time and their lives and off-time actions in some bizarre reconstruction of slavery. At the same time, whenever convenient, they overlook the Hampton coke parties, and are not a representative of Goldman Sachs there. That’s because there’s no rule of law in America, just the rule of men and what you can (pay) to get away with. Whether you’re a ‘pal’ on the in-crowd, or an enemy we prosecute for breathing. No different for Zuck and Dorsey, Trump, Clinton, Cheroff, Assange, or Manning. If you’re a pal, all is forgiven: theft, treason, murder, war crimes, we understand. If you’re not a pal, a 10 year old tweet will have you lose your job and career without trial or appeal, and in so very many cases, of so many reporters, your very life. Sounds great! Sounds great to be on top! One thing, when Bosch and Bayer backed the Nazi party, got on top the in-crowd: before too many years, their in-crowd kidnapped their families and held them hostage as assurance of loyalty to the state. Right now a flip of in-crowd has made all the former darlings under investigation, and all the former crumbs in control. But as they say about jack boots going up the stairs and slippers tumbling down.

This is why there is rule of law and not rule of men. Before long, it’s not the men who rebel, having been always abuse by police, used at the whim of the law and power, no, it’s the lords, the aristocracy, the oligarchs who put King John in a ditch and make him sign a Magna Charta of limits and rules and juries and evidence. Because when “the law is in my mouth” the only possible result is madness. Corporations are trying this now, being one thing with one judge and ruling, and the opposite with the next judge, or not infrequently, both at the same time, from paragraph to paragraph, word to word, as you see in CNN, or with the FBI or Dorsey saying on T.V. ‘we don’t have the bias we have because we’re left-leaning’, ikyn.

So we certainly have these problems with picking the law, the rules, but a far larger problem with having no rule of law in the first place, and no rule, no desire, no expectation of there being any law but what I can get for myself, today, within everyone I know from the janitor to the President. And that does not go well. Such cultures lose, if no collapse, as we are losing and collapsing now, with these same men helping it along on purpose.

John Day
    Participant

I feature you on my post today, and include much that you have put together on this, as well as this post of yours, Ilargi. Eleni is not actually wrong about those conspiracies, just abrasive, perhaps. Sincerely, John.
    http://www.johndayblog.com/2018/08/invisible-hands.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.