Some Heroes You Got There!

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Some Heroes You Got There!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Ivan Aivazovsky Constantinople in Moonlight 1846     We associate the term “mass psychosis” with the reaction(s) to Covid, but I would argue
    [See the full post at: Some Heroes You Got There!]

maryballon
    Participant

Yup. I agree. I watched Edward Dowd today and I think that he is on the same page. All rotten out there and somehow we, the small percent who can still think, have to take action. Small steps but just speaking the truth whenever we can. Out loud to all the people we talk to! It sounds scary but “nothing ventured, nothing gained.”
    https://rumble.com/v18ed9z-edward-dowd-global-economic-collapse-recession-food-shortages-lockdowns-mon.html

John Day
    Participant

Will the Russians keep these 2? I think so.
    Russia does not have the death penalty, which Donetsk and Luhansk do have…

The Russian military has captured two US mercenaries who were fighting in the ranks of Kiev forces near Ukraine’s Kharkiv city, The Telegraph reported on June 15.

Russian Army Captured Two US Mercenaries In Ukraine’s Kharkiv – Report

zerosum
    Participant

“The Russian military has captured two US mercenaries who were fighting in the ranks of Kiev forces near Ukraine’s Kharkiv city, The Telegraph reported on June 15.”

This is the beginning of tomorrow. Only mercenaries. No boots on the ground for future wars.
    Therefore cannot hate/blame the USA.

Michael Reid
    Participant

We are a utterly sick culture, and we don’t have much time left to wake up from that and repair it. Our real heroes have been silenced, banned, imprisoned or murdered. We will not be able to live like this much longer.

I see it the same way. Change is coming

V. Arnold
    Participant

Hero’s is the most over used and abused term in the English language today.
    It has lost all meaning for all practical purposes…
    Critical thinking has also become a lost art/skill; effective critical thinking requires taking a high degree of responsibility…the very meaning of that word/term is also lost on the western world…

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

“A retired lieutenant general who is now in Ukraine has been charged with two counts of sexual assault related to an alleged incident at the Royal Military College in 1994.

Trevor Cadieu was facing allegations of sexual assault and was under investigation by military police when the Canadian military senior leadership approved his request to retire as of April 5. He travelled to Ukraine shortly after to volunteer for that country’s military which is battling a Russian invasion.

Retired Lt. Gen. Trevor Cadieu charged with two counts of sexual assault
    https://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/defence-watch/retired-lt-gen-trevor-cadieu-charged-with-two-counts-of-sexual-assault

F.S.

It’s natural to help someone.
    We hope that others do the same.
    But never help the one who needs
    To find somewhere to lay the blame.

zerosum
    Participant

Why are the American people allowing their gov. to take from them and give to Ukraine. (The Canadians are just as bad)

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/15/biden-to-send-another-1-billion-in-military-aid-to-ukraine-.html
    Biden to send another $1 billion in military aid to Ukraine
    PUBLISHED WED, JUN 15 2022

The latest security package, the 12th such installment, includes anti-ship systems, artillery rockets and rounds for howitzers.
    Also, the Biden administration has deployed more than 100,000 U.S. troops to NATO-member countries and authorized more than $5.6 billion in security assistance.

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

The New Energy Order
    How Governments Will Transform Energy Markets

In the wake of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the world appears to be at an inflection point. Business leaders have declared the acceleration of deglobalization and so unded the alarm about a new period of stagflation. Academics have decried the return of conquest and hailed the renewal of transatlantic ties. And countries are rethinking almost every aspect of their foreign policies, including trade, defense spending, and military alliances.

These dramatic shifts have overshadowed another profound transformation in the global energy system. For the last two decades, the urgent need to reduce carbon emissions has gradually reshaped the global energy order. Now, as a result of the war in Ukraine, energy security has returned to the fore, joining climate change as a top concern for policymakers. Together, these dual priorities are poised to reshape national energy planning, energy trade flows, and the broader global economy. Countries will increasingly look inward, prioritizing domestic energy production and regional cooperation even as they seek to transition to net-zero carbon emissions. If countries retreat into strategic energy blocs, a multidecade trend toward more energy interconnectedness risks giving way to an age of energy fragmentation. […]

… continue reading at,

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/energy/2022-06-07/markets-new-energy-order

F.S.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Ivan Aivazovsky Constantinople in Moonlight 1846

I Just can’t let that Aivazovsky go unremarked; it’s so breath-takingly gorgeous…

V. Arnold
    Participant

”We are a utterly sick culture, and we don’t have much time left to wake up from that and repair it. Our real heroes have been silenced, banned, imprisoned or murdered. We will not be able to live like this much longer.”

…and why not?
    I see nothing coming down this road that’s going to stop/change the present behavior.
    There are people in power who would rather see the whole shebang go up in a nuclear cloud than give up one iota of power…

EoinW
    Participant

I want to thank everyone online. like TAE, for fighting the good fight. At least we get to go into this with our eyes wide open. None of us know what happens next because it’s all beyond the Pale. Anyone have a time machine so we can travel back to the end of the Hittite Empire and see what others experienced?

Will it be a complete economic and social collapse? I don’t know. I do know that if you let Jason run the summer camp then every day is Friday the 13th.

Valiant Johnson
    Participant

Don’t be surprised about the mediocre quality of the people who are the media faces for the powerful.
    Real heroes will have nothing to do with them

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.