Surplus or Stimulus

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Surplus or Stimulus

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

René Magritte Le Cri du Coeur 1960   Austerity is over, proclaimed the IMF this week. And no doubt attributed that to the ‘successful’ period of
    [See the full post at: Surplus or Stimulus]

zerosum
    Participant

Shopping centers are closing … Investors won’t be able to go on a vacation
    Businesses cannot pay their increase in rent … Owners won’t be able to go on a vacation
    Shoppers are being ask to pay more for less … Shoppers won’t be able to go on a vacation

I hit the wall and bought a haircutting kit for $20.00

With the money saved because I cut my hair, I’m planning to go on a cheap vacation

V. Arnold
    Participant

zerosum

LOL, I did that 8 years ago and have long paid for the electric clippers.
    And yes; we’ll visit southern beaches next week for a 5 day vacation; debt free.
    We’re allergic to debt; and avoid it at all costs; debt equals death; IMHO.
    Cheers

Chris M
    Participant

V. Arnold,

I’m impressed. Debt does equal death.

I was delighted to read the interview Steve Keen did with Michael Hudson. In it, Michael Hudson commented about how Jesus proclaimed that the year of Jubilee had arrived, which was the cancelling of debts.

I interpret that as the cancelling of the wages of sin, which is death. That means we could never possibly pay it off.

Debt most certainly is the same as death. You become a slave to it.

Freedom is what we crave.

I think maybe the thing is that you keep on paying your barber to cut your hair. If he loses his job, so will you.

zerosum
    Participant

Participating in trickle up is getting a hair cut.
    The price increases go to the top.

Professorlocknload
    Participant

maybe we can get a haircut delivered on amazon prime?

V. Arnold
    Participant

Ilargi
    In the real world, very few will follow our example.
    Barbers of the world are safe and secure in their craft.
    Sheep do not shear themselves…

rapier
    Participant

But Tsipras is of the far left don’t you know. Every article about him says so in the first or second sentence. Yesterdays pictures of the altered political continuum does as much as anything to explain what has happened to Greece. Nobody within 2 degrees of separation from power will question the fundamental status quo.

What passes for the ‘left’ in America is support for people with gender issues and abhorrence of racism. Neither of witch is insignificant but compared to the big picture they don’t amount to much. No ‘liberal’ web site I have ever seen has ever mentioned the plight of Greece. Just as they ignore the disasters in the Mediterranean.

The left was never and will never consistently hold political power in the US. That was never their roll. Their roll was to be a conscience, a check on power. Instead liberals in the English speaking world decided to cash in.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Chris M

Keen and Hudson; two Olympians in the Pantheon of economics.

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

Electrolytes are what we crave.

Chris M
    Participant

Dr. Diablo,

Yes. It’s about the transfer of energy, isn’t it?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.