These Clowns Are Dragging Us Into War

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum These Clowns Are Dragging Us Into War

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Jack Delano Workman at Chicago & North Western repair shops, Chicago, IL Dec 1942 In 8 weeks, on October 26, there are – supposed to be – parliamentar
    [See the full post at: These Clowns Are Dragging Us Into War]

rapier
    Participant

I will only say that it does take two to tango. Declaring independence under force of arms is what has brought the warfare. I have exactly zero clue how things would have preceded without military action but am certain that on any short or medium term basis it would have been better for a large majority. Then too a majority favoring independence and incorporation into the Russian Federation or just more autonomy doesn’t mean they are willing to sacrifice their homes and families to get it. There was no vote on that.

Are the two new rump republics if granted almost full autonomy viable? It seems doubtful. Maybe they would join and form one, but still as the excitement of nationalism subsides the dirty work of politics and economics would commence. I can only imagine how fraught that would be. Or would they be quasi military states as military men seem to be the leaders now.

Feel free to dump on all my notions here but in any case it’s all history and what ifs now. We will just have to wait and see how things proceed as winter descends. Especially in Kiev and if it’s so called government can survive the winter. Well the people too both east and west. It does occur to me that rumors of war or war itself would be a powerful force for centralizing ever more power with the EU and offer the ECB an excuse to work around its ban on buying sovereign debt directly. This may be an underlying reason why this all has come to pass. Creating a sideshow to facilitate further power grabs.

Raleigh
    Participant

rapier – “…it does take two to tango.” Usually, but not always. Considering that experts say that 1% of the general population are psychopaths, sometimes it’s a solo dance, at least to begin with. Of course the person or entity being dumped on is going to squirm and try to resist, fight back, try to get away, but I don’t think it fair to say that it always takes two.

You have to look at motivation. Is one side calling for talks/negotiations and the other isn’t? Is one side asking pointed questions, providing what evidence they have, while the other is using propaganda with no evidence? Who is the aggressor and who is the defender?

Psychopaths like leadership positions, they want to be steering the action. They like chaos, but they don’t like rules. I think it’s safe to say that there are perhaps a few key players in this fiasco that would fit the bill.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Unfortunately what we’re seeing is the arrogance of exceptionalism. When one is exceptional one does not compromise or negotiate.

Putin speaking at a pro-Kremlin youth camp:
    “Russia is far from being involved in any large-scale conflicts,” he said at the camp on the banks of Lake Seliger.”We don’t want that and don’t plan on it. But naturally, we should always be ready to repel any aggression towards Russia.
    “Russia’s partners… should understand it’s best not to mess with us,” said Putin, dressed casually in a grey sweater and light blue jeans.
    “Thank God, I think no one is thinking of unleashing a large-scale conflict with Russia. I want to remind you that Russia is one of the leading nuclear powers.”

I wonder if anybody in the west listened to or even heard his words.
    I find myself in a strange world these days; I believe what the Russians (Putin) are saying and think the Americans are just a pack of liars and obfuscaters…
    Exceptionalism is just another word for psychosis…
    We’re losing to our own internal wackos; doG help us…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Orlov pretty much nails it; How to tell if Russia invades Ukraine;
    https://cluborlov.blogspot.ca/

sprocketsanjay
    Participant

Maybe, just maybe, it’s because a war is what they need to get the holy grail of growth running again? Nothing else has worked so far.

Minor problem is that this ain’t Iraq or Libya and Putin isn’t a Gaddafi or a Hussein.

We’re on a tightrope.

sprocketsanjay
    Participant

I do like Orlov. He has an excellent post on this. Makes you realise just how much bullshit comes out of the MSM.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ sprocketsanjay

Yes, Orlov nailed this one. But so has RT and so many non American/European news sources. I hardly bother with the western press any longer. They’re so jejune…

shargash
    Participant

rapier said, “I will only say that it does take two to tango. Declaring independence under force of arms is what has brought the warfare.”

The people of the Donbass held their referendum for secession on May 11th. The government in Kiev declared its Anti-Terrorist Operation on April 8th: “A “full-scale anti-terrorist operation” is under way as pro-Russian activists seize more buildings in the east of the country.”

In other words, warfare came more than a month before “declaring independence under force of arms,” when people in the east were doing the same things the Maidan protesters had been doing in Kiev. They took up arms in response to Kiev’s military assault. It may take two to tango, but it only takes one to start a fight.

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

These people aren’t “clowns” and a disservice is done when that fake meme is proferred, IMHO.
    A Sun Tzu Art of War tactic is to “pretend inferiority.”
    If the reason this is a key Art of War tactic isn’t obvious, it is because the common people will fight an open obvious tyranny but they will stand down and if they can be convinced the vicious actions destroying their country and communities are somehow not intended.
    Not to mention the ego of the average persoon is attracted to the idea that it is more intelligent than the people running the world (who never, ever, ever lose because they are sto stupid!).
    No, the oligarch operators pretend inferiority, we manfest it.

Inky@Backend
    Participant

This is beautiful stuff Raul. Down here in New Zealand, likewise, my wife and I have been straining to decode Russophobic broadcasts for a couple of years. The western party line is breathtakingly uniform for such alarmingly (nay, suspiciously) narrow coverage. But then RT has certain credibility issues on other American foreign policies of course. I read your brilliant article as less of an RT endorsement than as a razor sharp criticism of all autopolarised viewpoints. I don’t think you’ll agree as wholeheartedly with the article linked below, but you might get a laugh or two.

Inky@Backend
    Participant
    redpill
    Participant

Greetings from New Zealand! Thanks for all the time you put into this blog Raúl. I really enjoy your writings. It’s very refreshing to hear some sanity amongst all the MSM lies.

Let’s hope the insane attempts to initiate another World War will fail. In the meantime we should all contact our politicians and let them know that we know the truth about what’s going on, and refuse to support it. Even though democracy is a form of mob rule, I believe it’s possible to bring about temporary change through political pressure.

I believe long term change however cannot be brought about by playing by the rules of the current system imposed on us. The boundaries and avenues of change within the system are defined in such a way that meaningful change is near impossible to achieve.

I got to explain what ‘clown’ means? Go figure.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.