Tragedy Can Be Beautiful Too

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Tragedy Can Be Beautiful Too

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso The actor 1904     I’ve had a few comments lately wondering why I’m against Brexit, while before the referendum I was not. Som
    [See the full post at: Tragedy Can Be Beautiful Too]

zerosum
    Participant

You used an ancient word – propaganda machine.

Did you mean “USA” or the world social/economic system with the following

The whole place is just swirling down the drain, watching silly weddings and cooking shows, sipping gin and dreaming of a lost empire nobody can actually remember anymore. And the pace of the swirling can be adapted a little, but no-one is trying to stop it from happening. Oh well, tragedy can be beautiful too.

The gin should have given it away. That and an entire article about one specific country

Dr. D
    Participant

So if the powers ignore the referndum, supposedly the people’s will, and just choose to make things wildly worse for them instead, should we just let them? Should they get their way, overturn the vote and not Brexit because they stamp their feet? What to do?

The ‘powers’ just want power, they’ll lie their way through any loop hoop and maze to get it and retain it. So a logical discussion about what they should or could do must be seen in that light in the Brexit case too. As in: the lust for power trumps the logic. But they will take the entire country down this time, and that’s too big even for their hallucinations. They won’t call it off, it’s what gives them the power. Take what they’ve already done to the country over the past decade and change, and multiply that by a factor of ten post-Brexit. “We once has Polish people to pick our fruits, imagine that..” And look at us now… My back hurts, Aunt Mildred, out here in the fields.. Fancy a cuppa? Oh wait. we don’t have any anymore, do we?

Nassim
    Participant

The UK – and its predecessors – were not in the EU for hundreds of years. As soon as a hard Brexit takes place, you will see all the German exporters telling Donald Tusk and the other gangsters to F*** Off.

Business will go back to the way it was before – you want the UK to buy Mercedes, then let us sell you insurance. You want us to buy your tomatoes, then leave our banks in peace. And so on.

Business will go on almost like before. Wait and see!

V. Arnold
    Participant

Take what they’ve already done to the country over the past decade and change, and multiply that by a factor of ten post-Brexit.
    Ilargi

Yep, that’s what I see and continuity will remain firmly in place. Change will accelerate down; the US will follow, continuing its downward spiral.
    Even my Pollyanish sister is finally seeing it…

Dr. D
    Participant

The People: Stop it.

The Government: Make us.

Nothing will happen until you grab them by the hair, push their feet in the fire and make them stop. But it’ll be ugly. I can’t help that.

traderone
    Participant

Why is it so hard to understand that the Brits didn’t have to “do” anything. THEY WANT TO LEAVE!!! All they have to do is walk out the door. How can you POSSIBLY blame the Brits for not “doing” anything?

The reality is that it is the EU itself that has tried to hold up the proceedings, obfuscate, throw up obstacles… all with the intention of wearing down the Brits to the point that they’ll give up and just stay with the EU.

Again. Why is this so hard to understand?

Everybody knows what I say is true yet nobody wants to admit it!

So the Brits will leave and things will go on just as before. The EU27 will quickly realise that there’s nothing to be gained by continuing their aggressive tactics, arrangements will be made and life will continue.

The truth is that those who have a “view” all want Britain to stay within the EU straitjacket… which is about to get a lot worse. They are all globalists who are looking to create a world run by the U.S. Brexit is a terrible inconvenience because when it becomes evident that the Brits got out, others will want to as well.

Look: Britain wants out. Let ’em go. Stop making a fuss and making problems where there are none. If you don’t like it, tough. But the British have chosen. So respect that. OK?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.