When Did We All Become Murderers?

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum When Did We All Become Murderers?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jack Delano AT&SF Railroad locomotive shops, San Bernardino, CA 1943 Appalled doesn’t cover it. Disgusted won’t do either. Angry doesn’t come close. M
    [See the full post at: When Did We All Become Murderers?]

mariodes
    Participant

It’s a great article. The truth is hard to ear. What really is the driver behind this madness is the total apathy and indifference of the general population. If I try to speak about those subjects with my friends and relatives, it’s like talking about aliens invaders. They are more interested in the game of hockey last night. This is really a big problem. To dumb down of the population, we have to drown them in distractions, much like the gladiators fights in Rome.
    By our inaction and disinterest , we have empower the psychopaths who rule the world, to do their deeds behind close doors. We are all responsible for that mess and I am afraid that we need an electro shock like a nuke explosion in eastern Europe to wake us all.

mr.mud
    Participant

Most perhaps but not all, some choose to live a life of non-compliance, to fly under the radar, to use their energy growing healthy food and healthy children who understand that real wealth isn’t measured in money.

When? i’d say it happened in little bits, little bites, over a long time period. One important bite happened when people started to believe they had a stake in capitalism. They ‘invested’ in mutual funds, they accepted the logic of defined contribution pension plans, they used their credit cards to buy needless crap again and again because they deserved it. Now they must turn their eyes and their minds away from the grotesque obscenities of the war machine, the torturers, the environmental degradation, the inequality of oppurtunity, etc lest they face the fact that without the Empire’s armies fleecing of the world’s resources their imaginary wealth would disappear and they’d be forced to do the hard work it takes to live a truly sustainable life, a life that doesn’t exist only by externalizing the effects it creates onto future generations be they human or not.

The capitalist vampires that have convinced so many life on the blood of the compliant
    https://themudreport.blogspot.ca/2015/04/starve-vampires-save-earth-stop.html

We are all, flora, fauna, microbes, minerals, forces and faeries, in this together and always will be.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

“Horrified” and “outraged” are two more words that come to mind. But words alone simply cannot communicate the shock and agony being brought to countless human beings by Uncle Sam, his accomplices and his puppeteers.

We used to lament what was being done to Iraq and Afghanistan. We’ve since added Pakistan, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Ukraine, Yemen, and the list goes on. The U.S. enables the genocide of Palestinians with absolutely damnable levels of aid to Israel. Draw a graph and look where the curve is headed. Sure, stockpile food and cash and guns, but don’t neglect getting your will in order. This isn’t going to remain safely “over there,” someplace on the other side of an ocean that most Americans can’t find on a map. WIth the militarization of cops, it’s already here.

I have no idea whether the guy in the attached video is legit, so I take him with a grain of salt. But mankind’s leaders, both elected and unelected, have been marching us all to Hell for a very long time now. The step quickened with 9/11, and broke into a sprint near the end of 2008. It’s one thing for bloggers to pin the responsibility on “us” for not having stopped what we could not see in the first place, but it’s another thing if we fail to stop what we can now perfectly well see coming.

(I posted an earlier video by the same guy in comments here:
    https://www.theautomaticearth.com/2015/04/debt-rattle-april-21-2015/).

Arius
    Participant

“There’s a disease, an epidemic, that spreads through out the western world. We are all turning into accomplices to murder.”

Those two sentences are exactly how I see it. Until the 1990’s I was following the line dished out by the Western MSM but then by observing and researching the terrible wars in the Balkans and the breakup of Yugoslavia started to see a West that I didn’t know before, a West that aids and abets fascists and jihadis and bloodletting.

I now know that this West that some call ‘neoliberal’ is its true nature, masked before by the Cold War. This vision blew up my world view in the 1990’s when I stopped voting from then to now. What is the point of voting and democracy when whoever you vote for is only the visual tip of the US Deep State, a military/industrial/warfare/total-security State?

Using Jungian Psychology I diagnose the sickness in the West as its unconscious addiction to projecting its inherit evil onto some other object which it then reviles in that object. The West cannot deal with its own evil which is always in some other. It avoids seeing itself by always demonizing some other. A NATO general said that “Russia is an existential threat to our entire being”(!) This statement is a symptom of the general madness that dominates the West and justifies its ongoing support of mass murder.

When I listen to Western elites demonizing others I hear them telling us what they themselves are and what they intend to do to others and to us.

My conclusion is that this will be acted out until its bitter end. Those few that are in the West that see it for what it is are mostly deficient in realizing that the march of evil in the West will not be deflected by nearly anything we say or do.

My only remaining hope is that the coalescing East will become sufficiently strong enough to draw a line that the West will dare not cross. But will the US led West and its vassals not step over that line, taking the world into a catastrophe? What will stop them? They are inflated and blinded by the righteousness of their campaign to dominate the world which is driven by the religious function. They are driven by a God-complex.

What does a god care about the death of mortals?

rapier
    Participant

There has never been a benign empire and while the American empire is real it is not really geographic as much as mechanisms that centralize power and wealth and it can’t be expected to be nice. If perchance Russia would allow an explosion of debt and finance to occur then there would be no trouble there. They would be part of the empire too.

The empire of debt and finance can be understood to be more benign than past empires or maybe future ones, rightly or wrongly but the results are going to be horrific if only because of the numbers of people now living. In no small part it should be noted because of the empire of debt. The financial debt having managed to ignore the debt accumulating in the natural world.

When our empire fails certainly other nations, other regions would try their hand at empire too. It’s pretty much baked into the cake of human behavior as it pertains to those seeking power. While empires always have a significant core of evil their leaders and most members don’t see it that way. They see themselves as enlightened and justified. Our empire of debt, finance and markets never really could have delivered on its promises but we didn’t really want to conquer anybody. In motive this American empire was I think more benign but the results will be just as bad as all others.

Karpatok
    Participant

A very true article describing the present state of affairs in a fascistic regime. But it all goes much deeper. Not meaning at all to be off topic but has there been any explanation at all of the 54 banker “suicides” having taken place here? With no responsible investigation, are we not also complicit there as well? Murder to shut people up is murder nonetheless where ever it occurs. And blind eyes occur on all continents. That is the true nature of American BAU is it not? If the bell rings or has rung, it rings for all of us, is it not so? Whether in Libya, Syria, Ukraine or elsewhere. And our probable next presidentia says, “We Came, We Saw, He Died.” Karpatok

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.