Debt Rattle August 15 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 15 2021

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    zerosum
    Participant

https://www.eolss.net/Sample-Chapters/C12/E1-07-01-03.pdf
    NATURAL WEATHER-INDUCED HAZARDS:
    FLOODS, STORMS, FIRES, AND DROUGHT

phoenixvoice
    Participant

@ deflationista

It is impossible to “debunk” the female infertility fears because these vaccinations have not existed long enough for the data to exist that would either prove or disprove whether or not the C19 jabs affect female fertility.

Generally, a couple must actively try to get pregnant for one year and fail to do so before “a problem with fertility” can be diagnosed. Most people of child bearing years didn’t start to get the C19 vaccinations until this past spring.

The study cited by Michael Yeadon neither proves nor disproves that the C19 jabs will materially affect female fertility. It suggests that during a small window the body increases production of an antibody that attacks a protein involved in placental formation. The study suggests that there is merit in conducting further studies. That is it. No smoking gun.

madamski cafone
    Participant

“Is it really possible that no one here is aware that this has been soundly debunked for months?”

*snigger*

Have you stopped beating your wife? With another man’s dingie? That you stole from his mother-in-law? Who kept it in a closet attached to her mummified lover?

Creeps Like Me

^&*

But it’s better when you combine a red herring with an ad hominem that shows the guy’s credibility despite your efforts to paint him black:

“May 31, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) — New research shows that the coronavirus spike protein from COVID-19 vaccination unexpectedly enters the bloodstream, which is a plausible explanation for thousands of reported side-effects from blood clots and heart disease to brain damage and reproductive issues, a Canadian cancer vaccine researcher said last week.

We made a big mistake. We didn’t realize it until now,” said Byram Bridle, a viral immunologist and associate professor at University of Guelph, Ontario, in an interview with Alex Pierson last Thursday, in which he warned listeners that his message was “scary.”

“We thought the spike protein was a great target antigen, we never knew the spike protein itself was a toxin and was a pathogenic protein. So by vaccinating people we are inadvertently inoculating them with a toxin,” Bridle said on the show, which is not easily found in a Google search but went viral on the internet this weekend.”

Now, I think he’s lying when he says “we never knew” etc. I think that scientific hubris and ye olde profit motive made him arrogant and less adherent to the voice of his conscience than ought be. Kinda standard in Corporatania these days. But I don’t think he’s lying when he says “We made a big mistake”… and I don’t see why we should trust Pfizer, which is all abnout the money, over little guys like Brian just becauyse Brian too wants to develop a vaccine that might actually work…and get paid for it. Doesn’t ewveryone in medicine work pro bono?!?!?

deflationista, whatever your motivation, your methodology is chump change at best. You so smart<> we so dumb not only is a hard sell but is, in this case, not supp-orted by your evidence. Maybe you’re a genius. Couldn’t prove it by your posts.

The original Profit Motive is the ego.

democritus
    Participant

The conclusion of the Thailand Medical News does not seem to be the same as the conclusion of the paper to which it links.

Wake me up when ADE actually happens.

madamski cafone
    Participant

I rather trust this Malone guy:

Malone on spikes and lipid nanoparticles

(ad hominem resonance alert) While I don’t mistrust the sincerity of deflationista’s motives, I do tend to find his intelligence and erudition, as presented, effectively much smaller on this topic than the likes of alone. Or Raul. Or several other commentors here.

phoenixvoice
    Participant

Regarding masking, the most influential item for me was the video created by a retired doctor who demonstrated aerosols and various types of masks with a vape. I could SEE the particles and where they went. This put everything else into perspective and after a few days I saw masking as only a social ritual.

~~~~~

@ Red
    Thanks for the article on energy and GND. I came to similar conclusions years ago. (Which is one of many reasons I will move away from Arizona in a few years. If the system fails, it is easier to heat residential space than to cool it.)

The inverter for my solar array has been humming along for 10 years, despite the article stating the life span is 5-8 years. Practically speaking, it is highly inefficient to convert all of the DC power from solar panels to AC power, especially since so many of the devices in the home are transforming the power back to DC. Solar panels don’t need to be junked due to age. They do slowly degrade, but can still be used for much longer than the 20-30 years cited — they just won’t produce as much energy as they did originally. Which is okay for a new paradigm that acknowledges constraints, but not acceptable by current standards.

The article dismisses batteries — I am aware of salt water batteries, which is a technology that is a “non-toxic” way to store intermittent electricity. I don’t see it as a “solution” to the crisis, but simply as a means of storing some electricity for later use. (Salt water batteries are too large and heavy for use in vehicles, however, home applications are practical.)

Ultimately, humanity is using more energy than can be sustained with current technology. I no longer believe that “technology will save us.” No, we need to vastly reduce our energy consumption and learn to consume energy efficiently, in a manner complementary with the earth’s systems. This requires a new narrative.

“ the world must abandon neoliberal capitalism’s material growth imperative and face head-on that material life after fossil fuels will closely resemble life before fossil fuels. ”

True.

Although, I disagree with the world one-child policy. I understand the justifications, but the ends do not justify the means. The narrative will change, and the new narrative will need to include the idea that humanity is working towards a more steady state population. The new narrative should place no obligation on individuals to procreate — there are many adults who choose not to — and provide effective birth control to those who desire it. Also, let’s face it, if our society is crumbling it is quite likely that healthcare will take a tumble as well, and infant mortality will likely rise. It is an unpleasant specter…but one has to wonder — what is kinder: A totalitarian law that mandates one child per couple with penalties for those who disobey, along with abortion, infanticide, child trafficking, etc.? Or, an understanding that societal breakdown will likely lead to higher infant mortality? I am a parent of teens. The best teacher is often “natural consequences,” rather than “engineered consequences,” as much as I might want to save my kids from grief.

And…just for me, alone, without medical intervention I probably never would have had children. Without medical intervention I would have died in child birth. Without medical intervention, I would have grown up an only child. (Rh factor.). Which is kinder? Nature? Or totalitarian rule?

madamski cafone
    Participant

“Wake me up when ADE actually happens.”

Oh, we hate to distrub the peacefully slumbering, dem.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Also:

“As the NTD is also targeted by neutralizing antibodies, our data suggest that the balance between neutralizing and facilitating antibodies in vaccinated individuals is in favor of neutralization for the original Wuhan/D614G strain. However, in the case of the Delta variant, neutralizing antibodies have a decreased affinity for the spike protein, whereas facilitating antibodies display a strikingly increased affinity. ”

That (itals) is zackally how ADE works. Yeesh, democritus. We’re not here for you to display your ignorance and/or possible plain old stupidity (I include corrupt greed as a subset of teh stoophead). If anything, that’s my job. But I am right at leats half of the time. You’re batting close to zero.

zerosum
    Participant

Look Up – Way Up! – the Friendly Giant
    September 30, 1958 through to March 1985.
    “Good Old Days” is about making the most of life so years later you aren’t dwelling on past experiences with regret

those darned kids
    Participant

1) If you believe the vaccines are the best hope for beating Covid and that adverse effects are worth the cost, what evidence would it take to change your mind?

• death/disabling injury in the family.

2) If you believe vaccines are too dangerous and will likely have long term catastrophic adverse effects, what evidence would it take to change your mind?

• time.

3) If you believe the FLCCC protocols are the best hope for beating Covid, what evidence would it take to change your mind?

• better protocols than theirs or vaccines tested over the long term.

4) If you believe the FLCCC protocols are at best unproven and at worst will cost many lives, what evidence would it take to change your mind?

• grandma’s miraculous recovery after all else fails.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

from my perspective, pro-vaccine people have now developed an almost religious zealotry, and so i think only personal events will sway them.

from my perspective, counter-vaccine people want to be patient because the disease isn’t all that dangerous for most, vaccines take time to develop, and both the pharmaceutical companies and the governments endorsing their products have long histories of corruption that leaves one being wary, and so, i think only real data through long term analysis will sway them.

unfortunately, both sets of people are being set up to confront each other, while mr. bezos et al. get to go to fiji and space and martha’s vineyard with funds they’ve swindled off the people fighting each other down below.

do you think mr. bezos et al. really gives a flying moohoo whether you’re vaccinated? locked down and fighting? great! vaccinated? whatever..

madamski cafone
    Participant

“than the likes of alone.”

Malone. How Freudian of me.

Oroboros
    Participant

Kabul will be Bedpan Joe’s Alamo.

No, wait, the Alamo was total white male privilege.

The Whitehouse Woketards need to deploy the LGTB Elite Not-so Stormy Troops to shock, yes shock with their orange hair and face piercings, the Taliban into not ‘triggering’ them as they hold the perimeter at Kabul Airport, the last and only way out of the country were Empires Go to Die

The Taliban are very sensitive about their use of gender pronouns, very, very sensitive.

That will be a sight as the perimeter around the airport crumbles with Rainbow flags flying, and the MSMediawhores blank out coverage.

Actually TPTB will buy off the Taliban into not overrunning the Clusterfuck on Prime Time.

27 days until 911

By the way, the Taliban hate us for our ‘freedom’, especially our right to exercise control over our bodies.

madamski cafone
    Participant

‘Also: “As the NTD is also targeted by’

Oops. That refers to the Thaliand Medical article on spike/ovaries etc.

WES
    Participant

I am back after my monthly 35G data plan, was used up, and shut me down 2 weeks ago! I must say trying to read all of the 100 plus comments takes a few hours a day to accomplish! Dr D was on a roll Friday and Saturday along with so many of the other TAE regulars!

When it comes to making short work of our naked emperors, the Russians have it down pat! The French should simply copy them! If they all suddenly stopped going to restaurants, Marcon’s stupid decrees would quickly crumble.

Here in Canada, our chief hair stylist, is going to call an election to try and achieve absolute power. Canadians will accordingly give him his desire, in thanks for him borrowing more money in their name, than anyone in Canadian history! This unnecessary election, may the gods have more fun than is their usual want.

Our American island cottage neighbors are slowly trying to visit their long abandoned cottages. Canadian custom officials, are using their powers to be pricks, just as expected. After nearly 2 years of not having to work at all, they are upset about having to start working again on August 9th. They are taking it out on our American visitors. Our closest neighbors, they accepted the vaccination certificates of the wife and son, but not the father, despite all being vaccinated at the same clinic!

But here is the really stupid part! Our chief hair stylist is only letting in the highest risk visitors – the fully vaccinated! As a result, Canadians will happily reward our chief hair stylist, for his stupidity, by re-electing him with an absolute majority!

upstateNYer
    Participant

So far, off the top of my head, we’ve all been lumped in with pillow-guy trumpers, insane QAnon adherents, cranks and, the latest, antivaxxers. I don’t skim, much less click the links.

madam, I like the fish cartoon. Cute. 😉

madamski cafone
    Participant

“Actually TPTB will buy off the Taliban into not overrunning the Clusterfuck on Prime Time.”

However, others might pay them more to do otherwise. In gold, even.

those darned kids
    Participant

actually, it would be very difficult to bribe the taliban. make a deal, yes. bribe, nope.

[insert qwiki link to pashtunwali]

madamski cafone
    Participant

Vakzine passports are not required or are banned in all states except New York, where the governor has just resigned in humiliation. 16-17 states have BANNED vakzine passports.

Everyone knows Biden is just a figurehead. What isn’t known is what remains of the establishment that his head is supposed to, eh, figure: out, in, maybe, sorta, what was the question?

chooch
    Participant

Mission accomplished.

madamski cafone
    Participant

A bribe is a deal, whatever jive the Talibanmis tell themselves. Those fools will believe anything including their own rhetoric.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Dubya is so cute trying to look all noble and wise. I wouldn’t want to have a beer with him. I’d probably wanna smack him even if I had no clue who he was.

phoenixvoice
    Participant

Bitcoin advert…
    Once again, I fail to see the point. Currency should be related to earth resources managed in a sustainable fashion and the human capacity and desire to perform labor. A bunch of computers crunching data to solve problems…does not relate to the really existing economy.

deflationista
    Participant

madame:

I am sorry that my lack of intelligence is so bothersome to you. I didn’t know I was involved in some “who can be wittier” pissing contest. I read something the other day that made me think of your cryptic posts:

“I’ve watched him speak for over half an hour and somehow not manage to say anything. There’s a masturbatory inclination to sophistry and pedantry on display that betrays a clarity of position.”

You “have mastered the ability to speak at length with big words and self-assumed profundity without actually saying anything coherent. And then dismissing criticism as the inability to grasp the enormity of what they have just uttered.”

I have only posted links to articles or tweets and I have ranted here on occasion. I wasn’t offering anything else. Is anyone else?

DarkMatter
    Participant

@phoenixvoice
    I have seen the same video of the doctor vaping so it surprised me when the article said the 50% of the aerosols were captured. People breathe out around 2 teaspoons of water an hour It would seem that if a mask captured 50% of the aerosols you breathe out it would get pretty soggy.
    Here is a link to the paper. It shows the collection device which is a large cone which captures all of a subject’s breath (including it would seem aerosols which go around the mask). It is hard to know if their apparatus captures the diffusion that occurs with a mask.

Kimo
    Participant

Rather than the dubious suggestions/mandates of mask usage, posting simple request notices outside of elevators to “Please refrain from talking, use friendly nods instead, until well clear of the elevator doors.” might have been helpful and well received.

zerosum
    Participant

for survivalist
    – Haiti – death – +724, injured – +1,800, tropical storm Grace coming to deliver water

madamski cafone
    Participant

I suggest you quit while you’re behind, deflationista. Or change directions.

Mr. House
    Participant

Actually i agree with deflationista for once 🙂

Mr. House
    Participant

you get an A+ at word salads!

madamski cafone
    Participant

How it’s done:

Give me back my pen

madamski cafone
    Participant

Tap

madamski cafone
    Participant

““I’ve watched him speak for over half an hour and somehow not manage to say anything. There’s a masturbatory inclination to sophistry and pedantry on display that betrays a clarity of position.””

I’ve heard worse. btw, you used “pedantry” wrong. I’m anything but a pedant. As for sophistry, there’s a difference between illustrative informative sophistry, and sophistry as most people encounter it: always preceded by the word “mere”. Sophist I often am, but hardly “mere”. I know myself. You might find sophistry’s etymology enlightening. Or not.

To quote my favorite Bogart scene:

Cairo: “You always have a very smooth explanation ready, huh?”

Bogie: “Should I learn to stutter?”

Competitive wit is not the prime directive here or in myself. Of course, you couldf always go back to telling us how stupid we are. That’s not masturbatory pedantic sophistry, nossir. It’s less than even that, in fact.

Competition. Ego. ’twas ever thus.

upstateNYer
    Participant

Kinda amusing … time is spent debating comments and links to the “counter narrative” being posted in opposition to our concerns with these particular vaccines.

I’ll read and consider counter perspectives as soon as the links posted provide evidence of long-term studies proving their counter perspective is correct and ours is not.

Seems I’ll need to be patient for at least 5 years.

those darned kids
    Participant

i wonder if they’ll invite the taliban back to sugar land. take ’em to the beach, too. who doesn’t love a nice frolic in the gulf?

I find the Bitcoin mining facility to be ominous, to say the least. I had no idea at first that it was going to be the good guy in the short clip. I might add that the military would most certainly be needed to protect the electric behemoth.

I saw something today I have never seen before. Two small prop planes (I believe they belong to members of a club that fly small planes around here in festive military formations) were flying low and close to each other, and in the third spot was a black, official looking helicopter flying at a slight angle- as if looking at them. Very weird.
    Any pilots here?

madamski cafone
    Participant

But about this world we live in instead of our opinions of each other:

Anyone else here feel that Sept 15th is poised to be a pivotal date?

those darned kids
    Participant

ATTENTION! I CANNOT POST LINKS. I AM NICE. I SOMETIMES CLOG THE PIPES WITH NONSENSE, but i do try to contribute good stuff.

er, thanks, i feel a little relief, but i still can’t post links, so just this once ima paste the whole shebanger. i am actually amazed this is still up. from the beloved broadcasting company [if you want the link, don’t ask me]:

“Thursday, December 4, 1997 Published at 19:27 GMT

World: West Asia

Taleban in Texas for talks on gas pipeline
    image: [ The 1,300km pipeline will carry gas across Afghanistan’s harsh terrain ]
    The 1,300km pipeline will carry gas across Afghanistan’s harsh terrain
    A senior delegation from the Taleban movement in Afghanistan is in the United States for talks with an international energy company that wants to construct a gas pipeline from Turkmenistan across Afghanistan to Pakistan.

A spokesman for the company, Unocal, said the Taleban were expected to spend several days at the company’s headquarters in Sugarland, Texas.

Unocal says it has agreements both with Turkmenistan to sell its gas and with Pakistan to buy it.

[ image: The Afghan economy has been devasted by 20 years of civil war]
    The Afghan economy has been devasted by 20 years of civil war
    But, despite the civil war in Afghanistan, Unocal has been in competition with an Argentinian firm, Bridas, to actually construct the pipeline.

Last month, the Argentinian firm, Bridas, announced that it was close to signing a two-billion dollar deal to build the pipeline, which would carry gas 1,300 kilometres from Turkmenistan to Pakistan, across Afghanistan.

In May, Taleban-controlled radio in Kabul said a visiting delegation from an Argentinian company had announced that pipeline construction would start “soon”.

[ image: Kabul]
    Kabul
    The radio has reported several visits to Kabul by Unocal and Bridas company officials over the past few months.

A BBC regional correspondent says the proposal to build a pipeline across Afghanistan is part of an international scramble to profit from developing the rich energy resources of the Caspian Sea.

With the various Afghan factions still at war, the project has looked from the outside distinctly unpromising.

Last month the Taleban Minister of Information and Culture, Amir Khan Muttaqi, said the Taleban had held talks with both American and Argentine-led consortia over transit rights but that no final agreement had yet been reached. He said an official team from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Turkmenistan should meet to ensure each country benefited from any deal.

However, Unocal clearly believes it is still in with a chance – to the extent that it has already begun training potential staff.

It has commissioned the University of Nebraska to teach Afghan men the technical skills needed for pipeline construction. Nearly 140 people were enrolled last month in Kandahar and Unocal also plans to hold training courses for women in administrative skills.

[ image: Women face working restrictions under Taleban rule]
    Women face working restrictions under Taleban rule
    Although the Taleban authorities only allow women to work in the health sector, organisers of the training say they haven’t so far raised any objections.

The BBC regional correspondent says the Afghan economy has been devastated by 20 years of civil war. A deal to go ahead with the pipeline project could give it a desperately-needed boost.

But peace must be established first — and that for the moment still seems a distant prospect.”

upstateNYer
    Participant

I agree with phoenix on this: “Bitcoin advert…Once again, I fail to see the point. Currency should be related to earth resources managed in a sustainable fashion … A bunch of computers crunching data to solve problems…does not relate to … existing economy.”

I wish the answer to currency problems lay with digital currency, but there is nothing that would lead me to believe that is true. Sorry. In my mind, not a snowball’s chance.

*Life* is not a digital problem that will be solved through ever more complex digital means.

Dr. D
    Participant

How would you “debunk” science exactly? These guys say they see a thing that they claim is relevant. Other guy, also an MD, PhD, says it isn’t. Therefore both sides (but essentially the claimant) therefore does more research to prove his claim. So Mr. “I don’t see enough evidence yet” has debunked what? How? He proved a negative? Let’s keep the searching and the discussions open.

All science was done by discredited loons. That’s how we got anywhere in the first place: by creating new, weird, unheard of, not-believed ideas, then supporting them. If we’d done what the books said, what the “Credible” people, our professors said, we’d still be picking on Galileo for the telescope. It astonishes me that with the fury of discredited, disbelieved things that have proven to be true in my lifetime, or impossible things that has happened, there would be anyone left to dare attempt or claim mostly anything should be impossible. Science, man, just hasn’t invented it yet, or admitted it.

I mean unless you think we’re already at the pinnacle of a science, medicine and material engineering, then we surely have a long way to go and thousands of impossible things will be possible, thousands of present truths will steadily become false. We’re using “quantum locking” to have powerless, standing levitation for goodness sake.

Yes, remember Bush well, that’s why people voted for him, and in “Political Ironies” you always get the opposite. Obama has reminded us all of that again this week. People say he was stupid, but watching this, I don’t believe he was that stupid; average, probably, serial failure mafia trust fund son. Some say later he began to play up the dumb thing but it was 20 years ago and I haven’t gone back through the videos. Strikes me that compared to the present inmate he looks like a genius. He can speak off the cuff…at all, stay on point, and measure his audience. In complete sentences. That’s about the bar right now, wait til next time. They’ve been cooking up not having a President at all.

Yes, I wonder what will happen in O Canada. Their story-arc doesn’t seem to be coming from anywhere or going to anywhere right now, very odd. A stellar housing crash might put the end to that and be exciting indeed. Reversing entirely into hard assets that are all the opposite of present power.

thomasjkenney
    Participant

@phoenixvoice re: batteries and cool vs hot

Helms Pumped Storage Plant – This is a battery. It’s a freakin’ BIG battery. Surplus power pumps the water uphill in off hours, and it’s released for high demand. Same can be done with any size water container, and some low-tech waterwheel/belt systems. In Jakarta, most of the buildings I saw had a large water tank on the roof. This is for wash/utility water, but the concept is the same…high-mounted storage for gravity-fed contraptions.

Lots of physical materials can be used as a ‘battery’ – spin up a flywheel, inflate a float, ratchet a huge pendulum into place, wind up a giant spring.

For high-heat locations, you can build a ‘convection jacket’ house. It’s a double-hull construction, where the outer is some distance from the inner (30-50cm?), creating an air plenum. It wraps the whole house, walls, roof, and floor. Under the floor is a bigger chamber filled with large rocks (preferably granite). The rocks are a heat sink that draws heat out of the air and into the ground. As it does this, it impels the convection currents in the rest of the plenum.

———-MORESTUFF————-

I hope def can hang on for a while and continue to grow. It’s a hard thing to cling to one’s illusions, and it has caused me great pain in the past. My dear mother still thinks the talking heads on TV are all Walter Cronkite.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.