Debt Rattle June 1 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 1 2016

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Arthur Rothstein Steam shovels on flatcars, Cherokee County, Kansas 1936 • China’s Debt Bubble Bigger Than Subprime Bubble (MW) • Yuan Tumbles As Chin
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 1 2016]

From May 30 thread:

Nassim et al,

Google has these deals with many new organizations, where you can read full articles if you go through Google News for access to FT, WSJ and many more. Type in URL or first few words of headline. I do it all the time, have done for years. Sorry if people didn’t catch on to that yet, I wrote about it many times.

Raleigh
    Participant

Dead elephants in Tanzania, and dead bears in my neck of the woods. Read last night where three bears were butchered in the last week. Why? For their paws and their internal organs. The rest of the bears’ bodies were left for the four-legged scavengers. The two-legged criminals are selling to two-legged Asians for lots of money. Never thought I’d see that here. Since this practice appears to be just getting started (but has probably been ongoing, just not reported; don’t want to incite “racism”), I guess I can expect to hear of many bear kills in the next few months.

Fines and jail are too good for these people.

Raleigh
    Participant

Gaddafi of Libya said shortly before the NATO intervention and his death:

“If one seeks to destabilize [Libya], there will be chaos, Bin Laden, armed factions. That is what will happen. You will have immigration, thousands of people will invade Europe from Libya. And there will no longer be anyone to stop them. Bin Laden will base himself in North Africa […]. You will have Bin Laden at your doorstep. This catastrophe will extend out of Pakistan and Afghanistan and reach all the way to North Africa.”

Libya: How to Bring Down a Nation

Well, there you go. How prophetic is that? Exactly what happened: “You will have immigration, thousands of people will invade Europe from Libya.”

And chaos? Read the article. Don’t forget, the day after Gaddafi was taken out, amid the devastation, something very important was set up: a central bank. Priorities! And the rebels appear to be selling very cheap oil. I wonder, who are the buyers?

I guess Gaddafi was the wall that kept them from coming.

That comment of mine about the deals various news organizations have with Google apparently triggers reactions that would seem to indicate they don’t really want those deals to get overly known. So I got this mail from FT, and I’ll leave it up to my readers to make up their minds. I’ll write a reaction mañana:

——————

Dear Ashvin,

I am writing to you as a representative of The Financial Times Limited (the “Financial Times”), a company incorporated in the United Kingdom, which owns and publishes the Financial Times newspaper and http://www.ft.com and is the owner or licensor of all intellectual property rights in and attached to those publications.

We have included below a sample list of URL’s that republish copyright protected articles from the Financial Times on the Debt Rattle section of your site. There are many more than those listed below.

Thank you for demonstrating an interest in the Financial Times and for promoting our journalism to readers of your website. You may continue to republish headlines published on FT.com without a licence or payment on the condition that you comply with our terms and conditions which can be found at https://www.ft.com/servicestools/help/terms#legal2.

In summary you may republish FT headlines provided that the headlines link back to the original article hosted on FT.com and you restrict your reproduction of our original work to the headline.

If you wish to republish the full text of articles, as you are currently doing, then you need to purchase a licence to do so. We do not believe that you have a formal agreement or licence in place with the Financial Times to republish our articles. Our syndication team are available to discuss republishing rights. For a price quotation and further details please email [email protected].

If you believe you already have a formal agreement to reproduce our material or have any other questions, please reply via email.

In the absence of such an agreement we ask that you cease publishing our full text articles and restrict your republication of our copyright protected material to the headlines only.

The URLs in question include:

Debt Rattle May 14 2016

Debt Rattle May 12 2016

Debt Rattle May 9 2016

Debt Rattle May 7 2016

Debt Rattle May 6 2016

Debt Rattle May 4 2016

Debt Rattle May 3 2016

Debt Rattle May 2 2016

Thank you for your cooperation,

Richard Pigden

FT Syndication Rights & Operations Manager

Raleigh
    Participant

Wow, Ilargi, you’re getting popular. Facebook and Financial Times all in one week. The elite must be getting worried.

Sounds like Financial Times might have a problem with Google News, not you. If their news is accessible through Google News, perhaps Richard Pigden should be on the phone to them. They are the transmission line.

Anyway, whenever I read a newspaper article, I am sickened by the one-sidedness of them. Facts? What are those things? Investigative journalists? They lost their jobs long ago. I mean, if we actually had investigative journalists, people would actually be informed.

Rags of half-truths, omissions, and propaganda.

Raleigh
    Participant

I must have missed this yesterday.

“Snowden, who has spent the last few years in exile in Russia, should return to the U.S. to deal with the consequences, Holder noted. “I think that he’s got to make a decision. He’s broken the law in my view. He needs to get lawyers, come on back, and decide, see what he wants to do: Go to trial, try to cut a deal. I think there has to be a consequence for what he has done.”

Eric Holder said Snowden “harmed American interests”. I’d say what Snowden did pales in comparison to what Holder did (no banker jailed). Mr. Revolving Door started out in government, went to Covington and Burling (white collar defense attorneys in Washington, D.C.), then back to government, and now back with Covington and Burling.

His stint as Attorney-General was laughable. Imagine the gall of this man, who is supposed to stand for justice, telling Snowden that he should come home and face the music when he never faced any music at all for his outrageous do-nothing behavior. This whole world is upside down.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.