Debt Rattle March 27 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 27 2015

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Wyland Stanley Transparent Car, General Motors exhibit, San Francisco 1940 • For Most American Families, Wealth Has Vanished (Yahoo!) • Fed Officials
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 27 2015]

Nassim
    Participant

“The Houthis are well-armed with rocket-propelled grenades and surface-to-air missiles that were either captured or came from Iran.”

The Americans supplied Yemen with $500m of weaponry which may have changed hands. There is zero evidence of the Iranians supplying anything. A look at the map will show that Yemen and Iran do not share a border and are thousands of miles apart – by sea. The USN is patrolling the whole area.

“A cell from that area was responsible for the Charlie Hebdo attack in Paris”

Give us a break! Charlie Hebdo was a false-flag if there ever was one.

“The Charlie Hebdo Story Simply Doesn’t Wash” by Paul Craig Roberts

https://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article40703.htm

The skilful way in which fact and fiction is interwoven is the work of a propaganda genius.

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

I can’t say that’s the most information-free Yemeni article I’ve read, because they all seem to be fact-free zones. I think it would take an encyclopedia and a scorecard the size of a Rand-McNally to figure out what’s really going on there. Some things we do know though: the nation was pretty much uninteresting to anyone until the “Arab Spring” initiative, at which time the U.S. suddenly found Al-Qaeda there and went in to take over the government in the usual drone-everyone, ask-questions-later way. Hard to tell if, as rumored by top general Tommy Franks in his famous YouTube article, the idea was to topple all MENA nations in a specific order, culminating in toppling Saudi Arabia with a new, more amenable government, to have them surrounded on all sides, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Yemen. …Of course plans are great until someone throws the first punch, then you discover no battle plan survives contact with the enemy.

So is it Al-Qaeda or ISIS there? Is Al-Qaeda still a thing anymore, in that many experts said they were never any more than a loose federation of Wahaabists, each with their own national/geographic cell? And how can they be Al-Qaeda, (Sunni extremists by definition) if they are supported by Iran (Shi’ites by definition)? And they can’t be ISIS, since Iranian general Soleimani is kicking their collective @$$e$ all over the deserts of Iraq and Syria. So…that would leave who, exactly, as the “rebels” (a pretty broad term) in Yemen? Maybe a tough desert people, who are Shi’ites and don’t cotton well to foreigners marching in and droning the crap out of their land? In other words, the Yemeni people themselves?

Who knows? But from the facts they’re admitting, you can be sure it is NOT be ISIS or Al-Qaeda, nor is Iran very deep in the place, not having had time.

P.S. great language there: “120-strong U.S. advisers.” Are you kidding me? 120 is a rowboat of advisers. They could all share the same pizza. The local riff-raff of any city on earth can take out 120 men by sheer attrition. 120 is the opposite of “Strong” as proven by their having to retreat immediately to where there are real troops and defenses that actually are strong. Not saying they aren’t good soldiers, or formidable men, but that’s like threatening the Russian army by moving 600 men and a dozen tanks to Poland last month when in WWII, Germany sent 4,000,000 men and 4,000 tanks and LOST. 120 is not “strong,” it’s a rounding error.

And they left $500M in (admitted) arms there. $2 per U.S. citizen, maybe $4 per worker. Great to know we’re paying for it! Isn’t abandoning live arms to your enemy a treasonable offense? You know–the way we court martialled all those soldiers who left all those live tanks, trucks, and bombs for ISIS?

rapier
    Participant

The first thing I knew about Yemen came from an article about qat a few years ago. A mild but addictive narcotic which is chewed and it seemed most everyone spent their afternoons and evenings doing just that according to the article I read. I don’t know where I saw it but just search ‘Yemen qat’ and you will see the outlines of the story.

So it is a very poor place and now a failed state and qat probably has much to do with it. Well qat and the scourge of the entire region, no prospects for youth, especially males. Far be it from me to discount the damage the West has done to the region but it is fundamentalist Islam which is home grown, mostly out of Saudi Arabia, and Iran I suppose to a lesser extent. which is shaping the multiple horrors of the region. Well we agreed to go along with the Kingdom, the worlds only pure monarchy and thus a negation of every principal the US claims to stand for, and all it has wrought so as to get the oil.

Raleigh
    Participant

“Today the water wars continue, on a larger scale with new players. It’s no longer just the farmers against the ranchers or the urbanites. It’s the people against the new “water barons” – Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Monsanto, the Bush family, and their ilk – who are buying up water all over the world at an unprecedented pace.”

Who would ever have thought that there’d be “water barons” or that we’d be charged for water. How is it possible that they can buy up water? I read somewhere that the twentieth century was one of the two wettest centuries in tree-ring history. No wonder California filled up. Purely speaking to the mindset of these people, wouldn’t it be preferable to call them “barrens”? These psychos need to be stopped, like yesterday.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.