Debt Rattle May 14 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 14 2016

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Camp Meade, Maryland 1917 • IMF Meddling On Brexit Is Scandalous Skulduggery (AEP) • The Zombies Return: Steel Firms In China Come Back From The Dead
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 14 2016]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Knowing the genuine history of the 19th and 20th century western governments and their corporate masters; my one question is: Why the hell would anybody swear allegiance to, and die for a government/country?
    Rhetorical question, I know; I had made my decisions long ago…
    Since The War of 1812, the U.S. has chosen war for it’s profit since it has never been directly threatened on its continent.

rapier
    Participant

Since Britain isn’t part of the monetary union the consequences of Brexit no matter what they are pale in comparison to nations that are in, For them exit is death. I think in the end Tsipras chose humiliation because the alternative was instant death for the country. No debt denominated in a new Greek currency would be bid and nobody outside Greece would hold accounts denominated in it. It would be a profoundly easy matter for the financial world to reject outright a Greek currency. I used to urge Greece to investigate implementing a new money but as of now it seems to me that such a thing is an impossibility. If someone would care to try and convince me otherwise have at it.

Now admittedly Italy or France for that matter would be a somewhat different thing in that they are the homes of many corporations with global reach. Still those corporations would be free to issue debt denominated in Euros or even dollars but still, the governments would not , or if they did it would be absurd.

The British Pound is absolutely protected by the US and the ‘special relationship’. That relationship amounting to defacto US statehood. This is a blood and tribal thing, a language thing, and nothing will ever sever it. It’s the English speaking world against the rest of the world, period.

To riff on that, language is highly determinate of what people think and how they think. Often those like me who are profoundly skeptical of the common and conventional view of all things is the result of an personal cognitive oddity wherein there is an excess of literal mindedness.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.