Debt Rattle May 30 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 30 2018

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Wassily Kandinsky Moscow II 1916   • Italy: No Easy Fixes For The European Central Bank (G.) • Investors Ask If ECB Has Will And Means To Save Eu
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 30 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

I’m somewhat convinced we’re, one way or the other, going to extinct ourselves.
    We seem to be covering all the bases; air, water, meat, fish, vegetables, fruits, and even wild game.
    We’ve poisoned it all.
    The world is effectively the Hotel California (as you so aptly stated); you can check out but you can never leave.
    The super rich think they’re smarter than the unwashed; they’ll survive.
    For what? They are the ones who don’t get it!
    In the end, they may…

zerosum
    Participant

The G7 and the G20 leaders and advisors have all been at the discovery meetings.

The real problems have been identified.

All of the solutions that will be implemented involve the concepts of …

Not me

You first

Not in my back yard

Dr. D
    Participant

Europe Should Be OK – But ‘I’m Very Worried About Italy’ (CNBC)

This guy is a moron, liar, or both. But he’s from the IMF, I repeat myself. Italy has the (second?) largest debt in the world and is arguably 1/3 of Europe. “Europe” won’t be “fine” with 1/3 of Europe missing.

Everyone seems enamored of weakness, perhaps the every-day-is-opposite-day reality where the more a useless, whiny, unworking victim you are, the higher your status and power. So China and the U.S. are circling in trade negotiations, fine, yes. They feint some punches, then we do, neither of which is really intended to land, but to communicate power. Yet this article takes it for given that the U.S. simply must give up unconditionally and concede everything anyone asks. So the U.S. “doesn’t have any leverage” and the “trade renege could leave Washington dancing with itself”? Really? So if the U.S., an enormous market, shuts entirely to Chinese goods, throws 1/3 of Chinese workers out of work, and thereby creates these same jobs back in America, and that’s not leverage? I know this is a bad idea with steep transition trouble, but riots with a direct risk of toppling the Chinese government is leverage. And what is China going to do? Stop importing food? They tried this bluff already and on a small scale it works, but not only are they bloody-well going to buy every ounce of that food or be toppled in food riots, but if they buy from Brazil, then Brazil’s former customers will buy ours. …They ARE going to buy that food, one way or another. Nice try. But according to these guys, the U.S. has nothing, and should concede. Maybe open the borders to 2 billion Chinese, complete with free health care and food stamps, I dunno.

“Meat and fish companies may be “putting the implementation of the Paris agreement in jeopardy” by failing to properly report their climate emissions” What a fantasy! Here we have an agreement no one followed anyway — ever — but it’s the farmer’s fault they didn’t “report”? Not actually do something, but simply (voluntarily) report? And on something they had no intention of fixing anyway? Omg, pleeeease! Cows are not a risk compared to two nations (essentially) exempted from Paris, China and India. What, did meat producers not pay their shakedown money to AGW tax authorities this week?

And not to be good on them, since these battery farms are an abomination, and you wouldn’t eat food from them if you knew. Not just from that side, but the sickness, unnecessary antibiotics and prescriptions they’re given, which are measurable in the meat, in the acute and unnecessary environmental hazard of hyper-concentrating waste, in the petrol needed from overseas to move the food in and waste out, the loss both of import/export thereby, the annihilation of workers, small farms, businesses, towns, and cumulative the nation’s economy, down the line: bad for cows, bad for you, bad for them, bad for us, bad bad bad. …So we double down, enhance the national tax and compliance laws, and do it more, guaranteeing eventual collapse.

As Kunstler would say:

“It’s hard to be an empire, for sure, but it’s even harder, apparently, to be a truly virtuous society. First, I suppose, you have to be not insane. It’s hard to think of one facet of American life that’s not insane now. Our politics are insane. Our ideologies are insane. The universities are insane. Medicine is insane. Show biz is insane. Sexual relations are insane. The arts are insane. The news media is utterly insane. And what passes for business enterprise in the USA these days is something beyond insane, like unto the swarms of serpents and bats issuing from some mouth of hell in the medieval triptychs. How do you memorialize all that?”

Where are we going, and why am I in this basket?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.