Debt Rattle November 15 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 15 2017

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Arkady Shaikhet Express 1939   • Richest 1% Own 50% Of Global Wealth, Poorest 50% Own 1% (BI) • US Auto-Loan Subprime Blows Up Lehman-Moment-Like
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 15 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Isn’t it interesting how the various markets (Housing & Auto) always find ways to strip money/cash from the poorest citizens by explointing their ignorance and needs.
    It’s neo-liberal economic’s fine tuned to its rotten best.
    And no! It’s not interesting; it’s disgusting and should be a crime of the highest order.
    While still living in the U.S. I had the knawing feeling of being had (in polite terms) and finally woke up to the game played; debt, credit cards, low interest auto loans, mortgages at variable rates; all tools of exploitation; a trap too many fell into (including me); to their life-long enslavelment.
    I left the US debt free and to this day have no credit card, none. I also own nothing…literally nothing.
    A most liberating feeling…and a life of freedom that I could never have had in the US.
    Disclaimer: Here in LOS I cannot own land; so, since “our” home is on land; it has to be in my wife’s name, which is no problem for me, because my wife has proven a trustworthy mate in many dimensions over more than a dcade.
    I merely state facts, not meant to be a boast; a boast would be so foolish of me to do, no?
    A serious rethink is in order, for those disposed to do so (and that’s my point).
    Simply look at the world one lives in and, further, explore altenatives; they’re out there for those willing to take bold steps away from situations they cannot possibly control.

Dr. D
    Participant

How do they do it? Ask them! They’re just smarter, stronger, and better than the rest of us, coupled with an innate moral superiority. …Or they could have been born on home plate, slip $50 to the Umpire, and claim they hit a home run, you decide.

“President Donald Trump’s tax cut plan, for instance, has been widely criticized for favoring corporations and the wealthy over working families.”

When wealth disparity gets this high tax cuts HAVE to favor the “wealthy.” (Really meaning from $40k to +Million bracket.) Why? Because only this bracket is paying any taxes. Below $40k in the U.S. and you’re on food stamps, and while you’re taxed on health, food, gas, checking accounts, property, autos, fees, mortgages, bailouts, and everything else they can think of, your income tax is a wash. It’s literally impossible to cut income taxes for the poor as they’re already getting Earned Income Credit. Sad part is, Welfare is about a $30-$40k equivalent, while the working poor would be stretched to make $25k with a year’s hard labor. But that’s not the point. The point is, if only the rich pay taxes, and as billionaires and MNC’s pay basically nothing, the few remaining millionaires (translation, “Small businessmen”) pay the most of all. Any tax cut therefore helps the millionaires, i.e. the only taxpayers.

Thus the controversy: does the tax cut favor the rich or does it help relieve and jump-start small business, the creator of over 100% of the new jobs*? Both. That’s how screwed up our system has gotten.

But obviously I hear we need to raise taxes on the “Rich”, every billionaire will again escape them by leaving the country or the hemisphere if necessary. And the poor have no money. So we, i.e. “Government”, composed of well-revealed sock-puppets directed by those self-same billionaires, would — ta da — raise money on the ever-smaller cadre of upper middle class and single millionaire owners, the only threat to their self-serving monopolies, the small and medium business owners. And for the 100th year in a row, the middle class gets smaller. So shocked. But there’s a solution! More of the same.

“That’s where the money is.” –Willie Sutton, when asked why he robbed banks.

*Large business is a job destroyer, buying up small business and laying off in vertical consolidation. Suppose 500K jobs were created in 2016. Small business created 510k, while Large business destroyed 10k. That’s the reason absolutely savaged small business sector can have the weird statistic of creating over 100% of the jobs, while large business is sub-0% job creator. And THAT’S how screwed up our system is now. I could print a book in list form, 1., 2., 3., citing the ways it’s now screwed up, cannibalistic, unworkable, and unsustainable, but I’m preaching to the choir.

zerosum
    Participant

Why I can’t figure out what is happening,
    what is the truth,
    what really matters,
    or what is important.

It’s all because the news media is focused on Trump.
    Trump is a distraction and a confusion.

definition:
    distraction; having one’s attention drawn away

Synonyms for distraction

aberration, complication, confusion, disturbance, diversion, interference, interruption, abstraction, agitation, amusement, beguilement, bewilderment, commotion, disorder, dissipation, engrossment, entertainment, frenzy, game, pastime, perplexity, preoccupation, recreation, divertissement

confusion
    noun. disorientation

abashing
    abashment
    addling
    agitation
    befuddlement
    befuddling
    bemusement
    bewilderment
    blurring
    chagrin
    cluttering
    commotion
    confounding
    demoralization
    disarranging
    discomfiting
    discomfiture
    disorientation
    distraction
    disturbing
    dither
    dumbfounding
    embarrassing
    embarrassment
    embroiling
    flap
    fluster
    lather
    mixed up
    mystification
    obscuring
    perplexing
    perplexity
    perturbation
    pother
    puzzlement
    stew
    stirring up
    tangling
    tumult
    turbulence
    turmoil
    unsettling
    upsetting

Nassim
    Participant

“I’m sure you’ll be much gratified by the revelation that Antarctic melting appears to be caused by massive recent volcanism. ”

Dr D,

It gives me absolutely no pleasure in being proven “right.” A colder climate is far more dangerous for us than a warmer climate.

The data was always there for anyone who bothered to look for it. Initially, like many others, I was swept up in the meme. It was only when I spent some time looking at the raw data that the whole thing unravelled. Now, it has descended into a farce and they have stopped even pretending to be scientific. They have resorted to quasi-religious attacks on their detractors.

Of course, it helped that I come from a family of geologists and that I studied that subject at an undergraduate level – but not as a main subject. The earth has always been a dynamic place.

Nassim
    Participant

“How Western Imperial Power Set Out To Destroy Syria (Ren.)”

The Anglo Zionist plan was always to ensure that the Middle East remained ruled by complaisant dictators – preferably fake royalty. Secularism is anathema to them.

Normally, I have a lot of respect for Martin Armstrong. He is excellent at many things – especially timing markets and sentiments. However, anything he writes about Ukraine or the Middle East is no better than the rubbish from CNN.

For example, he goes on about Russia “invading” Ukraine and suchlike – without noticing how the Nazis and Zionists came to power in Kiev. On the Middle East, he is convinced that there is a big war about to break out between Sunnis and Shia.

Why Iran is a Major Threat

In reality, people in the Middle East have always gotten along pretty well with one another. Wahabism, just like Zionism, is largely a product of the British Foreign Office. Believe it or not, the first Zionist newspaper in the UK was financed by the Foreign Office – and was a failure. A whole series of British prime ministers were in debt to or paid by Jewish bankers – e.g. Randolph Churchill, Salisbury, Balfour, Winston Churchill etc. Just like those politicians in the European parliament who are deemed “friendly” by George Soros. Money talks.

Here is an article by Pepe Escobar that explains how Shi’ites, Sunnis, Christians, Yazidis, Turkmen, Shabak and Kurds have worked together to kick the USA’s ISIS out of much of Iraq and Israel’s Kurds out of Kirkuk in record time.

Live from Baghdad: The secret of Iraq’s renaissance

Of course, the USA has labelled the People Mobilisation Units as “terrorists”. Anyone who fights al-Qaeda/ISIS to defend themselves is a terrorist. 🙂

Nassim
    Participant

The story of what has happened to the prime minister of Lebanon, Saad Hariri, resembles a Monty Python sketch. It is just so ridiculous.

“Having hastily organised a detour via Saudi Arabia in order to repatriate the Lebanese Prime Minister, who is being held prisoner with his family there, President Emmanuel Macron had to swallow an unprecedented public affront. Although the French and Western Press did everything they could to camouflage the events, Arab public opinion could not help but note the staggering loss of French prestige and influence in the Middle East.”

President Macron snubbed by Saudi Arabia

The more or less simultaneous release of a secret memo from the Israeli Foreign Ministry to its ambassadors ordering them to support the Saudi puppet insofar as is possible is just icing on the cake. 🙂

“Israel has instructed its overseas embassies to lobby their respective host countries in support of Saudi Arabia and its apparent efforts to destabilise Lebanon, a recently leaked diplomatic cable shows.”

Israel instructs diplomats to support Saudis: Cable

Let’s not forget that when the Saudi followers of a Mahdi occupied the Grand Mosque of Holy Mecca in 1979, it was the French Foreign Legion that was brought in to dislodge them as the Saudis were unable to do it themselves.

“Some foreign observers thought in 1979 that traditionalism was no longer a strong force in Saudi Arabia. On 20 November 1979 the Grand Mosque [aka Holy Mosque] in Makkah, the holiest shrine in all of Islam, was occupied by a group of armed Muslim extremists led by Juhayman al-Otaibi. To mark a new century on the Islamic calendar, a group of millennialist zealots, who claimed to have with them the new redeemer — the mahdi — seized Islams holiest site.

They called on the people to revoke the current Saudi Monarchy and obey their leader, Abdullah Hamid Al-Qahtani. The attackers had planned to seize the Mosque by filling coffins with weapons and smuggled them into the Mosque. On the morning of the day of seizure, they chained the gates of the Mosque, killed the two guards on-duty at the time, and held present worshippers hostages. Approximately 200-500 Sunni Muslims assaulted the Kaaba in Mecca during the Hajj, or holy pilgrimage, nearly 6,000 hostages were taken [other reports claim the siege trapped 100,000 people] and held the site for a almost a week, despite efforts of the Saudi government to retake it. ”

1979 Makkah – Grand Mosque Makkah

V. Arnold
    Participant

Dr. D
    You furthered my point nicely.
    Get out while it’s still possible; because I’m convinced it will soon not be possible to leave for more than a vacation.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.