Debt Rattle September 14 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 14 2017

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Edward Hopper Chop Suey 1929   • Top Democrats Announce Deal With Trump To Protect ‘Dreamers’ (MW) • Fed Balance Sheet Reduction Will Reduce Fund
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 14 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

I have lost complete faith in my fellow Usians; their passivity, denialism, and proclivity to believe blatant propaganda, has left me bereft of any compassion for their plight.
    If it weren’t for the fact I’m old, self exiled, and see time as short, relatively speaking (nothing imminent), I’d be scared shitless by what I see in today’s U.S.A..
    I have a brother and sister still living in the U.S.; the sister is a denialist; and the brother is an escapist in his Christian fundamentalism.
    Neither will engage in meaningful dialogue…

bluebird
    Participant

at V. Arnold – Some of us see what is going on and do not believe all this propaganda. Unfortunately, most do not. I guess they think this is ‘normal’ in the U.S. until they are personally affected and then they wake up.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

We are experiencing what futurist Alvin Toffler called “information overload” in his 1970 book, “Future Shock.” Rapid cultural changes accompanied by an explosion of choices.

For just one example, we all witnessed the events of 9/11, but a smorgasbord of accounts, explanations, and accusations to choose from sprang up afterward.

Accept or reject, mix and match to suit your own personal preferences: bin Laden, box cutters, jet fuel fires, pancake collapse, pulverization, controlled demolition, thermite-thermate, mini-nukes, drones that looked like commercial jets, no planes, art students, inside job, pools of molten steel, stolen gold, hurricane Erin, directed energy weapons, cold fusion, vaporization, dustification, explosions, Larry Silverstein’s “pull it,” no toilets, toasted cars, Mossad, CIA, terrorists, Enron, short selling airlines, tiny rubble piles, $2.3 trillion missing, conspiracy, “let’s roll,” holograms, drills, stand-downs, Saudis, dancing Israelis, and whatever else that might pop into your head, including acts of God.

In a time of bewildering changes, we see … bewilderment. And we’re not even talking about predictive bewilderment, as for financial and political topics, but rather bewilderment over what we all just saw happen with our own eyes, over and over again, thanks to video replay. Everybody knows what he saw and everybody self-righteously thinks he knows the truth, but to varying degrees every single one of us is flat wrong. Some are so misguided they might just as well be living in a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

I keep hearing people flatter themselves for being “awake” after recognizing official lies. But the official liars anticipated that, and deliberately created official “conspiracy theories” to keep their adversaries on false paths and snoozing. Never in history has truth been more elusive. We are all taking stabs in the dark with incomplete data sets. It’s so much easier to ignore the world, to trust authorities, to place short-term personal gratification above all else, and to throw tantrums in defense of our misconceptions. After all, aren’t those the fundamental freedoms they hate us for?

What’s a person to do? Stand in front of it all and take a selfie. It shows you were here, sort of.

Nassim
    Participant

“Has the NYT Gone Collectively Mad?”

Here in Melbourne, our main newspaper has the following article on its front page:

Greens think Australian taxpayers should help fund New York Times, other multinational media organisations

It should give you an idea of just how whacky Australia’s fake Greens are – the ones supporting the dismantling of a functional electrical supply system and its replacement with a far more expensive intermittent system.

BTW, we are having an apparently endless winter in Victoria – with the most snow on the slopes since 2000.

Melbourne weather: City shivers through spring’s coldest start for 13 years

Recently, they had the audacity to tell us that we had the “warmest winter evah” – with the help of modern thermometers that do not record the low temperatures.

Australian Bureau of Met uses 1 second noise, not like WMO, UK and US standards

V. Arnold
    Participant

bluebird
    Oh, I do realize there are some who see; but, it’s such a tiny minority.
    There has become a pathological continuity of the government; this is why it doesn’t matter who sits in the presidency…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.