Short Squeeze, Liquidity, Margin Debt and Deflation

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Short Squeeze, Liquidity, Margin Debt and Deflation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jack Delano Gallup, New Mexico. Train on the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe 1943 Some things you CAN see coming, in life and certainly in finance. Quite
    [See the full post at: Short Squeeze, Liquidity, Margin Debt and Deflation]

rapier
    Participant

l linked to Lee Adler’s explaination of the Feds reverse repo operation last week but it needs repeating.

“There has been so much misinformation and gnashing of teeth in the financial blogosphere about the spike in the Fed’s RRPs outstanding last week, that I must set the record straight. The RRP spike is a non-event.

The spike in RRPs is not evidence of a mushrooming financial catastrophe and crisis under way. It’s not that there isn’t a mushrooming financial crisis under way. There is. It’s just that last week’s RRP spike has absolutely nothing to do with it. It has to do with a Fed stupid parlor trick and the temporary shortage of short term T-bills along with the resulting excess of cash.”

https://wallstreetexaminer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Capture1.png

Those spikes have been happening at the end of quarters. It’s a stupid trick to help banks dress up their balance sheets. It was exaggerated last month because of one time factors. The number crashed on Oct. 1st.

The Fed’s Stupid Parlor Trick Silly Putty Reverse Repo Game

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Stocks as assets? Dollars as assets? Dollars are debt certificates. They are FRB IOU’s. They are shares of debt, just like any other paper promise.

An asset is something real that holds/increases it’s value over time. Even longer than the currency used to purchase it in most cases.

Cyclical bear market? In a secular bull market? Maybe be we are in a cyclical dollar bull market, within a secular dollar bear market?

Has the dollar not consistently lost value over time?

Golden Oxen
    Participant

One heck of a bearish article, and most difficult to ignore.

Found it sobering and it caused me to do some lightening up.

There are some facts you just cannot ignore. The repos are beyond me as to meaning, but that margin debt chart is clear, concise, and most alarming.

Time to get out of Dodge me thinks.

Thanks Ilargi, too much vodka in the punch bowl, someone has to sober us up.

Joe Clarkson
    Participant

I have always been enamored of “a woman admired or idealized for her courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities”. I just can’t get enough of them, so I must be a “heroine junky”.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.