Debt Rattle August 20 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 20 2021

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    thomasjkenney
    Participant

@red re: Atwood

Margaret Atwood – Once In August

There is another NFB production that makes a nice companion watch – The Strangest Dream (no longer avail at NFB)

thomasjkenney
    Participant

Language nitpick:

“…fight against <something>…” sounds an awful lot like “…War on <Something>…”

those darned kids
    Participant

i wonder if he called at 3 a.m..

zerosum
    Participant

“10,000 people here processed and ready to go… but nowhere to fly them to because Qatar is refusing to accept more Afghans because they’ve reached capacity.”

Supply line shortfall…
    ….. is it food, bed, toothbrush, napkins, air conditioning, forms, money, ….. what?

those darned kids
    Participant

for usfolk in troubled times:

“The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want for nothing. He makes me lie down in the green pastures. He greases up my head with oil. He gives me kung-fu in the face of my enemies. Amen” ~ stephen king

amen.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@phoenix, your email to the church was clear and well written. It’s difficult to get next to this thought, but if your group is willing to ostracize *anyone* based on that person raising a reasonable question for all to discuss, maybe they aren’t a group to belong to. Hang in there. You’re doing a good thing. 🙂

Topcat
    Participant

It’s already starting
    I guess they missed a cell phone

Taliban Execute Police Chief, Intensify Hunt For Afghans Who Worked With Americans

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/graphic-taliban-execute-police-chief-intensify-hunt-afghans-who-worked-americans

Gotta love social media.

On Tuesday, the Times of India reported that thousands of Afghans are scrambling to delete their digital footprints, and worry that biometric databases can and will be used to track and target them.

“We understand that the Taliban is now likely to have access to various biometric databases and equipment in Afghanistan,” said Human Rights First in a Monday Twitter statement. “This technology is likely to include access to a database with fingerprints and iris scans, and include facial recognition technology.”

upstateNYer
    Participant

As for all the comments over the past couple days on how The Losers are so powerful, so wealthy, so smart, can gather gobs of data they are able to parse and use effectively, and have been planning this debacle since back when some woman took a bite of an apple in some orchard ages ago …

So just go ahead and roll over already. The rest of us are staying the course and we’ll continue trying. The Losers pull their pants on the same way we do. They ain’t all that.

Topcat
    Participant

Military Tear Gasses Crowd At Kabul Airport As US Struggles To Ramp Up Evacuation Effort

“…Videos have shown women, children – even babies – being hoisted over the airport’s blast walls and tangles of razor wire to US soldiers on the other side. One particularly striking image of a baby being passed over the wall…”

Dr. D
    Participant

L.A., still no death rate, still only 2% death rate even among those presenting to hospital with Covid.

Except for headlines, Delta is a bust. So far.

Mr. House
    Participant
    Mr. House
    Participant

Trudeau said “I also spoke last night with former U.S. Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, who shares our concern for Afghan women and girls.”

What is that code for? We all know they don’t give a @$%^ for little people, things that make you go hmmmm.

Mr. House
    Participant

Biden is either having a breakdown, or maybe, just maybe, he feels guilty like those 4 DC cops that suicided (unless they were murdered) prob cause they knew the narrative was a sack of shite.

Topcat
    Participant

British And US Troops Reportedly At Odds In Afghanistan As UK Engages Rescue Missions

At least some of the Brits still have a spine.

“..Reports have surfaced that British and American forces are unhappy with each other at Kabul airport, as UK Military commanders are overseeing rescue missions into the city itself, while US commanders are sitting tight, leaving US nationals to fend for themselves…

Sources have indicated that the U.S. command is unhappy with the British forces going into the heart of Kabul, claiming that it is putting the withdrawal agreement at risk (isn’t a bit late for that?).

The British troops are also said to be livid at the way America is treating Afghans who are desperate to flee the Taliban.

Yet American troops are also said to be pissed off with their higher ups not letting them run rescue missions alongside the Brits.”

Mr. House
    Participant

If what you posted is true about the brits and us, sounds like nobody is in charge.

Topcat
    Participant

Woman rescued on almost empty mercy plane says Afghan mom begged her to take baby

“A Norwegian woman rescued from Afghanistan on an almost empty “mercy” plane has revealed her heartbreak at leaving behind thousands of desperate locals — including a mom who begged her to take her baby.

Kaisa Markhus, 30, told the Daily Mail that it took her four days to get through Taliban checkpoints and a scrum of thousands outside Kabul airport before she was finally able to board a military jet, landing in her native Oslo Friday morning.

“There are thousands trying to get into the airport … a lot of scared people who just want a way out,” said Markhus, who was left with “lonely sadness” when she left on a nearly empty plane.

“One woman tried to hand me her baby and said, ‘Please, please take my child,’” said Markhus, the wife of a former British Royal Marine commando.”

The plane was almost empty.

Topcat
    Participant

I’m sure that many US soldiers and junior officers are enraged that they were not allowed to swept the city for stranded US citizens.

It’s a failure of leadership up the chain of command.

Bedpan Joe looks like a foreign agent (CCP Hunter) working to damage the US to the maximum extent.

Maybe someone forgot to change his Depends.

those darned kids
    Participant

topcat: i said the other day that governor desantis needs to start making deals with the taliban now so that the hostages will be released on january 20th, 2025.

thomasjkenney
    Participant

CFN commenter posted this re: Cali Newsom recall. The “Yes, I want to recall that shit-eating coyote!” vote can be plainly seen from outside the sealed envelope if the ballot is folded just so and placed in the envelope just so. It’s a numbers game to slice a bit more. If it works, few more percent chewed off the count. If it doesn’t, delay the recall while we decide how to f#(< you again.

https://twitter.com/RichardGrenell/status/1428462786389053443

Bill7
    Participant

Everybuddy say “Afganistan!”, and “Delta!”, and “BidenFailed!”, and [really] “lookoverthere!”

what’s the unmoved part? pretty sure there is one.

good stuff, House.

Bill7
    Participant

I will need to remember to Turn Off Images (remember when that was easy?- a simple drop-down, at one time) before looking at the comments again.

nice job

Bill7
    Participant

A useful link, I think- found at JD’s blog:

What If Afghanistan is More Than Just a Failed War?

Not sure why people link to Zero Hedge when there is an original source readily available.
    By the way: what can one- or should one- take at face value these days, esp on the ‘net?

Bill7
    Participant

I’d like to Recall Newsom™, too- if it would make any difference.

“meet the new boss..”

theater

christianarchist
    Participant

This morning I composed a religious exemption “request” to my employer’s recently-announced COVID-19 vaccine mandate. I realize that this will be of no relevance to, and may even irritate, some readers of this blog and these comments , but there may also be some who will find encouragement
    or something useful in its tone or substance, so I hereby offer it for your review:

1. Why you are requesting an exemption;
    I am a Christian. I claim exemption from this mandate in the name of Jesus Christ.

2. The religious principles that guide your objection to immunization;
    The body belongs to God, not to the state (Caesar) or an employer.
    “Therefore render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s”
    (Jesus, as quoted in Matthew 22:21, English Standard Version)
    “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God; You are not your own,”
    (Paul, 1 Corinthians 6:19, English Standard Version)

3. How your sincerely held religious belief conflicts with _________s vaccination mandate;
    The imposition of a mandate and the threat to employees’ participation in the economic life of society for failure to comply is a clear sign of malign intent and usurpation of God’s authority by the powers of this world, as described in difficult allegory by John, who also admonished that the saints (believers) must not bow to that usurpation:
    “This second beast was servant to the first beast, and extended its authority everywhere, making the world and all its people worship the first beast…”
    (Revelation 13:12, The Jerusalem Bible)

“He compelled everyone — small and great, rich and poor, slave and citizen — to be branded on the right hand or on the forehead, and made it illegal for anyone to buy or sell anything unless he had been branded with the name of the beast or with the number of its name.”
    (Revelation 13:16-17, The Jerusalem Bible)

“There will be no respite, night or day, for those who worshipped the beast or its statue or accepted branding with its name. This is why there must be constancy in the saints who keep the commandments of God and faith in Jesus.”
    (Revelation 14: 11-12, The Jerusalem Bible)
    These are difficult texts, especially for scientific rationalists (as I am, and suspect you may be too), so you should be prepared for extensive discussions and study to help you understand, unless you are willing to take my word that these are sincere beliefs.

4. Whether you are opposed to all immunizations, and if not, the religious basis that prohibits COVID-19 vaccination;
    I am not opposed to all vaccinations.
    See above for religious basis for refusing mandated COVID-19 vaccination.

5. What accommodation you are seeking;
    Allow me to continue to deploy my skills, expertise, and humanity in the service of my colleagues and the people of _________ without that service being conditioned upon submission to any experimental, unnecessary, invasive, or punitive medical procedure(s), until such time as it may be to our mutual benefit to part ways.

6. Any additional information you believe would be helpful in processing your religious accommodation request.
    You probably have no idea what Christianity is really about. If you care to find out, you could do worse than to begin with C.S. Lewis’ Mere Christianity or G.K. Chesterton’s The Everlasting Man. I also recommend the writings of William Stringfellow (especially An Ethic for Christians and other Aliens in a Strange Land) and Jaques Ellul (The Presence of the Kingdom would be a good place to start). There is also, of course, a wealth of information in the bible.

ca

thomasjkenney
    Participant

@Bill7, it won’t. Voting has become about the ‘meta’ – that is, procedure, arcana, a program for the evening’s performance. The game seems to be how to set up the board to prefigure a victory, or at least a useful stalemate. That can be used by us also. I was just discussing with wifey about butterfly ballots and hanging chads. It’s dirty, but if they’ve set out to fight dirty they thusly cancel the rules.

I think it would be a good thing for somebody ‘with means’ to hire some white-hats to go after Dominion. Don’t just collect evidence…destroy their operation.

———-FOR MADAM————

The Darkness – Stuck In A Rut

Kiss my arse, kiss my arse goodbye
    Propelled by a carriage of aluminium am I
    No more to rot in this sty
    Turn my back on this shit-hole in the blink of an eye

Bill7
    Participant

Somebody provided this link (thank you) the other day: https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2021/08/conspiracy-theories-aside-there-is-something-fishy-about-the-great-reset.html

My browser says there have been sixty-six comments on that topic.

It’s a moderated [ahem] site, but only sixty-six even let through?

MIA: Flora, KE, OTPBDHal (super-good, and likely 86d awhile back)

Germ
    Participant

ACTIV 6 – first three repurposed compounds now disclosed;

Drug: Ivermectin
    Drug: Fluvoxamine
    Drug: Fluticasone
    Other: Placebo

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04885530

FINALLY !!

Mr. House
    Participant

@Bill7

Did you see Yves comment where she stated she hates snooty people? I spit seltzer water on my screen laughing so hard, should thank her for that.

Mr. House
    Participant

If that Afghanistan panic was real, this is not what you’d expect

upstateNYer
    Participant

@christianarchist: thank you for posting. Whether and how people use your info is a personal choice.

I skimmed your previous posts and came up with this nugget I’m sharing again in case it was missed:

“1) Letting your attention be captured by the enemy will lead to your downfall.”

Yes it will. Hang in there. You have small children and your road is not easy. You can do this.

Bill7
    Participant

There is No Conspiracy; there has never been a single conspiracy in all of Human Existence. Remain Calm; for our Ruling Class are Incompetent Idiots- and their Plans are and will be Fruitless. They Have No Real Power, and We the People can Take it Back at any time. We Have only our Foolish selves to Blame for Not Having Done So..

Divide et Impera
    Op Mockingbird
    JFK / RFK/ MLK results
    Op Northwoods
    COINTELPRO
    Church Committee Report

neutral playing field, and such..

those darned kids
    Participant

germ: cross your toes they are not staging another set up à la lancet.

christianarchits: good luck, friend. you are not alone:

“In order that you not despair over what has eluded you and not exult [in pride] over what He has given you. And Allah does not like everyone self-deluded and boastful” Surah Hadid Ayat 23

upstateNYer
    Participant

Perhaps there is a conspiracy, bill7, so go ahead and roll over because all is lost and no one cares so nothing will ever change.

Not sure the point of making that point, other than roll over because all is lost forever because The Losers are too powerful and nothing will ever change, anywhere, ever.

We’re all going to become trans-human something or other things because a bunch of psychos decide that’s the best course.

I’ll stick with believing in people and holding my ground.

Bill7
    Participant

Yeah, she’s [or whatever’s] a crackup. Taking a Victory Lap for their fine COBID coverage, now..

😉

Germ
    Participant

Another ‘Bag ‘n Tag’:

“became ill three days after having his first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine in early April. ” –

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/family-left-heartbroken-after-loving-21362277

Bill7
    Participant

Yeah, she’s [or whatever’s] a crackup. Taking a Victory Lap for their fine COBID coverage, now..

Looks like Orlov was more-or-less right (the best way, I think).

Bill7
    Participant

you’ll do what you do, Friend.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Covid-19: FDA set to grant full approval to Pfizer vaccine without public discussion of data

Transparency advocates have criticised the US Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) decision not to hold a formal advisory committee meeting to discuss Pfizer’s application for full approval of its covid-19 vaccine.

Last year the FDA said it was “committed to use an advisory committee composed of independent experts to ensure deliberations about authorisation or licensure are transparent for the public.”1 But in a statement, the FDA told The BMJ that it did not believe a meeting was necessary ahead of the expected granting of full approval.

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2086

Topcat
    Participant

Jim Kunstler interviews Dmitry Orlov

First interview in years

Podcast August 18, 2021

KunstlerCast 348
    Revisiting “Reinventing Collapse”
    with Dmitry Orlov

KunstlerCast 348 Revisiting “Reinventing Collapse” with Dmitry Orlov

Germ
    Participant

Tragi-comic interview. Some brilliant observation on the collapsing empire.
    Kunstler interviews Orlov:

“Reinventing Collapse” with Dmitry Orlov

KunstlerCast 348 Revisiting “Reinventing Collapse” with Dmitry Orlov

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.